• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KSSU: Helper to Hero Mafia/Newbie 11 - Game Over!

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Town somewhat, brought up an interesting case against july that I agree with (spontaneously bringing up a case earns town points in my book, as there would be no reason scum would need to bring it up). HPe also has reacted well to the pressure on why he kept his vote on ran (i.e: Not panicking or flailing about, which a scum nervous under pressure would probably react as)

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Ranmaru ()
2. July (1) Joey
3. -Joey- ()
4. Dark Horse ()
7. Oki (2) X1-12, Ranmaru
8. X1-12 (1) Oki
9. Nabe ()

Not Voting: July, Dark Horse, Nabe

With 7 playing it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is January 21st at 11:59 PM CST (-6 GMT)

X1-12

Smash Champion
Joey posts that make him look townie

#98 goes against what I said, quite a ballsy move that early imo. (recklessness is a town tell)

#113 he genuinely has his own reasons for attacking TGD. Good. I also don't see Joey ever saying the last paragraph as scum

#115 he pushes the same idea, he's sticking to his guns with the dourin post#50 thing.

#222 thinks voting skye (now DH) is dumb. Town tell unless Joey/DH scumteam imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4

July

Smash Apprentice
I am your friendly Odd Night Doctor, guys. Good job.
I do not CC.

Yep.

My lynch for toDay is Oki or Joey. I believe there to be scum within you, Oki and Joey, and I'm trying to figure out which I'd like to go toDay. An Oki town flip would make me believe wholeheartedly that you're scum, so I'd be okay with an Oki lynch as I said in my previous post.

Not unreasonable, no. I post this frequently in all games, of course, but the idea that I'm hiding is reasonable in itself. I would suspect the second scum to be between July and DH, and can understand my being lynched if we find scum toDay, although between those two would be better.
Nabe, why do you think that if Oki flips town (or at this point if there is no CC) that X1 is deff scum?

July's "agree with the ICs" gives me a bad vibe. It sounds like scum trying to play, using joeys term, "Safe" (basically, by avoiding independent actions and focusing on the recommendations of the ICs, he/she/it can avoid doing independent actions which could potentially read as scummy to people)

Though i'll wait until oki has a cc/does not have a cc before voting.
The only times I remember sticking to the recommendations of the ICs were at times when you also agreed with the ICs, like the TGD lynch and the plan for doc protect for Night 1. The only time I explicitly asked for the recommendation of the ICs was before hammering on TGD because I didn't know how it goes; I assumed you don't just hammer without letting people know, so I asked them because they are experienced.

@DH: How do you feel about Nabe?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Waiting for the ICs to ask you when to hammer is still scummy. Even if it was the only "Follow the IC" thing you did, it still puts you under my scumdar.

I have a null read on the ICs, though process of elimination from my PoV says that one of them is scum.

Oki

Smash Rookie
Anyway, Ran is dead tonight, I am dead tomorrow night. Neither of us will be able to get anything done. I should have protected someone entirely outside of X1's doctor plan. It would have been a better use of my time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oki, you will be alive tomorrow during the day. You can most certainly do something on that day, don't give up.

Your power role isn't everything. Basically this is read training.

Yeah, you should have. Scum wouldn't know if you would follow it or not. (It's would have been risky for them to try to kill me/x1/nabe)

Just keep your eye on dh/joey/july for me. :3

And don't let the Ic's fool you, they also have the possibility of being scum. I do think either one of them or both of them can be.

Although if one of them flip town, then it could be Joey/July. I mean, why did Joey attack July with such certainty?

DH, everyone followed the IC's at one point or another.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe, why do you think that if Oki flips town (or at this point if there is no CC) that X1 is deff scum?
I don't. I have the impression, however, that the interaction between the two has been town v. scum. If Oki's town, that leaves X1, and I would then read into that suspicion and attempt to find that reasoning. To add to that, there's also my feeling as I've said that one scum is within X1/Joey and the other is within you/DH. These two groupings are players I feel aren't scum together, but could be scum with the players in the other grouping. And that's again based on interactions between players, so that's something to look for.

However, before that goes anywhere, there's still the matter of hearing from Joey.

@DH, I don't much like this "null read" business. I believe you've played with X1 and myself enough to get a slanted read at least, so this sounds like a cop-out. Regardless, you say one of the ICs is scum because of process of elimination; show us that process in your next post. If it flows naturally, please continue that train of thought and tell us your thoughts on everyone in the game, so that we have it in one distinct post.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I've never seen nabescum and I haven't quite been able to tack ona meta for X1.

MY thought process:

Oki (is probably) confirmed town, ran is. 2 down

I looked at my role pm. It's says i'm town. 3 down

that leaves the scumteam july/joey/nabe/X1.

I'm getting a town read from joey and a scum read from july.

So I have 4 town, 1 scum, and 2 undecided.

you and X1 are in the undecided category.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Sorry! I just woke up from my V/LA yesterday! XD!

The scum was playing it safe. Doctor(oki apparently?) would have protected Ran, so they went after the next town member thats looked at in the most positive way. July, since she's been playing it really safe, makes me feel suspicious about her because of this. I don't feel like Nabe would have killed Dourin if he was scum. I feel like he would have read through and try to go for someone that could have a possibility for being doc, unless Dourin gave a doctor feel (which he didn't to me).

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Because nabe requested a read on everyone

Oki & ran: both are pretty much confirmed town

Joey: Town, brought up an interesting case against july that I agree with (spontaneously bringing up a case earns town points in my book, as there would be no reason scum would need to bring it up). HPe also has reacted well to the pressure on why he kept his vote on ran (i.e: Not panicking or flailing about, which a scum nervous under pressure would probably react as)

July: scum. Played safe by asking the ICs when he/she should do x, so
She couldn't be blamed for those actions.

X1: In halo maf, he lurked through most of the game. This isn't happening here. Town.

Nabe: null read, though process of elimination says he's maf

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Starting tomorrow, (12:00 AM CST, -6 GMT) the activity requirement will be changed to posting once every 48 hours. The rules have already been changed to reflect this.

July

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why safe is scummy, to me it’s just a play style thing.

And Nabe, I had a similar thought process to yours about pairings of scum possibilities, except I had thought scum lies between X1/Nabe and Oki/DH. I'm town and I stand by the fact that Joey is likely town, I understand his suspicions of me because he plays more recklessly than I do, but his actions have largely given me a town vibe. My reasons for suspecting Oki were put out in my post #508, and DH for wagon hopping a lot, but both have had highly suspicious interactions with the ICs: it seemed to me Oki was following them quite a bit, and DH has no read on them.

Ran is clear, and now Oki is clear...that leaves DH as scum with one of the ICs. He has null reads not only in #568, but also back in #460 he express the same opinion, in the very beginning of Day 2. Over a hundred more posts and still no reads on the ICs; that is scummy.

What's with all these null-reads, and why aren't you pushing for a lynch?

Vote: Dark Horse

I really don’t believe he has null reads; he is scum and is trying to keep his distance from his IC scum buddy, and waiting for someone else to push a lynch so it doesn’t come back to him.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
The reason I haven't pushed anyone was because I was waiting to see if oki was CC'd

"all of these null reads"? The only person I hve a null read on is nabe, and I haven't seen nabescum, though this does somewhat match his town play.

Actually, @nabe have you been scum in any DGames games.

Vote: July

Now that oki is uncc'd, you're the play. Though my reads seem to think o a noob/ic team, in the traditional case (noob/noob) you're still scum.

July

Smash Apprentice
"all of these null reads"? The only person I hve a null read on is nabe, and I haven't seen nabescum, though this does somewhat match his town play.
Having a null read on two players, who you have actually gotten to play before, for the better part of Day 2 is scummy to me. You have the advantage of using meta, but even with that you still had no read on them until pressured by Nabe to talk about your thoughts on everyone. That seems extremely unlikely to me, and in turn scummy. Even without meta you should have been able to pick up on something that made made them lean town or scum at some point; instead, it seems like you just had no desire to state an opinion on them until you were forced to.

#HBC | Nabe

July, I have a question for you that I've forgotten. Ask me a question instead.

DH, I was scum in Youtube if you'd like to look at that.

Is there some reason that you didn't vote for July at the same time that you said she was "scum"? She was far and away the player you thought was scum, judging from what you said in your lists.

I also have to comment on your most recent post, where you say that your reads lead you to think that the scumteam is a noob and an IC. This is the first time you've mentioned that you think so -- why? More to the point, go into detail about how you came to that conclusion. Also, talk about why you didn't look hard for reads on myself and X1 until asked, since by necessity we are one half of your noob/IC scumpair idea.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'd rather go for DH today.

Unvote: Oki
Vote: DH

July being scum just by being safe is a dumb case.

Also, X1 wasn't lurking in SC mafia. And he was mafia. DUMB

Dh, if you think July is scum... who do you think would be her buddy? Explain reasoning for this.

July

Smash Apprentice
July, I have a question for you that I've forgotten. Ask me a question instead.
No problem. Right now I'm thinking about meta quite a bit.

(Question addressed to you mostly as an IC): What role do you think meta should have in a newbie game, where most players are noobs but some do have experience playing against each other?

Do you agree with Dark Horse's meta on X1 in post #576? Has meta affected your thoughts on DH and X1's alignments? If so, in what way?

@X1: Same questions, but in respect to DH and Nabe's alignments.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also July, please post your scumpicks. Red for scum, yellow for null, and green for town. Now at least have 2-3 scum. Explain why briefly.

#HBC | Nabe

I wouldn't use meta in this game as a form of proof, or rather I wouldn't expect people to take my meta i.e. take my word on someone I say is town/scum when they have little to no idea of what other game I might be taking meta from. It's useful to me as a starting point on X1 and DH that can clue me in about where I should be looking, but it's not proof and I'm not going to vocalize any of it.

I haven't read Halo Mafia, but I'll take a quick look tomorrow and let you know what I think. It is very likely true, at least in part. Does it say anything about X1 in this game? No.

I would suggest taking a look at DH's tone and phrasing with that sentence compared to the rest of his post. Is it odd? Tell me what you might infer, baselessly or otherwise.

July

Smash Apprentice
Also July, please post your scumpicks. Red for scum, yellow for null, and green for town. Now at least have 2-3 scum. Explain why briefly.
Ranmaru-cleared town as cop

Oki- cleared town as doc

Joey- gives me very strong town vibes. From my post #508: "He stuck to Ran and TGD because he thought they were scum, he has been suspicious of the ICs, questioned the post #50 comment, and seems to be genuinely scum-hunting rather than scapegoating right now." Very consistent scum-hunting is very town.

Dark Horse-Dark Horse has done a lot of wagon hopping since joining the game, and the fact that he found the ICs "null" up until Nabe pressed him for his opinion is very scummy (post #581).

X1-If Oki had flipped scum, I thought X1 was likely her scum buddy based on their interactions. On his own though, X1 has still done things that seem scummy: "I saw that he was TGD’s #2 suspect, after Dourin, and in DH’s initial thoughts replacing into the game he considered X1 to be null. That, in turn with his leadership roles in the attempted lynch of Ran and lynch of TGD, raised my suspicions." (post #508) Furthermore, Ran listed him as one of his top 3 scum in post #503, and Oki voted him in #535. Two cleared townies suspicious of him makes him even more suspicious.

Nabe-On his own I have gotten a slight town vibe from Nabe, but if DH flips scum his interactions with Nabe support that they could be a scum team. DH has gone out of his way to avoid giving an opinion on Nabe for the reason that he hasn't seen "nabescum" (post #582), which I don't believe. If DH flips scum, Nabe definitely needs to be considered, but that wouldn't make him deff scum and at this point he is less suspicious than DH and X1 on their own.

July

Smash Apprentice
I would suggest taking a look at DH's tone and phrasing with that sentence compared to the rest of his post. Is it odd? Tell me what you might infer, baselessly or otherwise.
Kk, not sure if this is exactly what you meant but this is what I thought of when I looked at the quote. He went from this in post #572:

I've never seen nabescum and I haven't quite been able to tack ona meta for X1.

MY thought process:

Oki (is probably) confirmed town, ran is. 2 down

I looked at my role pm. It's says i'm town. 3 down

that leaves the scumteam july/joey/nabe/X1.

I'm getting a town read from joey and a scum read from july.

So I have 4 town, 1 scum, and 2 undecided.

you and X1 are in the undecided category.
where he states he was undecided about X1 because he hasn't "quite been able to tack ona meta for X1", to this in post #576:

Because nabe requested a read on everyone

Oki & ran: both are pretty much confirmed town

Joey: Town, brought up an interesting case against july that I agree with (spontaneously bringing up a case earns town points in my book, as there would be no reason scum would need to bring it up). HPe also has reacted well to the pressure on why he kept his vote on ran (i.e: Not panicking or flailing about, which a scum nervous under pressure would probably react as)

July: scum. Played safe by asking the ICs when he/she should do x, so
She couldn't be blamed for those actions.

X1: In halo maf, he lurked through most of the game. This isn't happening here. Town.

Nabe: null read, though process of elimination says he's maf
Where he does exactly that and pins X1 as town based on one meta, the one from halo maf.

The tone is very confident, and the phrasing is straight to the point. It's not so different from his scum accusations, which are also short and confident, but it is different from his other town read (on Joey), which he explains in some detail.

Furthermore, the line "Because nabe requested a read on everyone" to start this post off bothers me, just because it feels very forced and the call that X1 is town could be forced as well, just to get away from the "null-reads" accusations.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
If july were to flip scum, I would mostly suspect nabe. Though this game does seem to be his town play, I haven't seen nabescum so there's no meta backing it up that his town is different from his scum meta.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Dark horse, if July flips town, you do realize you're good as dead, right? Actually, I'm not willing to lose a townie over you.

Unvote: July
Vote:Dark Horse

Even if I don't like it when people play it too safe, I'm going to lynch someone that is actually playing scummy over a possible pet peeve of mine.

The reasons why I'm voting Dark Horse is because he waited until he was asked to give us his opinion on X1 because he "didn't remember until recently", and because I feel like he's more focused on process of elimination than with actual scum hunting. Process of elimination isn't all that helpful. If you base your thoughts on that, and you're actually town, town could VERY EASILY lose. >_>.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It leads to July. I feel that ONE of you two is scum. I'm leaning torwards you more though.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Ranmaru ()
2. July (1) Dark Horse
3. -Joey- ()
4. Dark Horse (3) July, Ranmaru, Joey
7. Oki ()
8. X1-12 (1) Oki
9. Nabe ()

Not Voting: X1-12, Nabe

With 7 playing it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is January 21st at 11:59 PM CST (-6 GMT)

Top Bottom