• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KSSU: Helper to Hero Mafia/Newbie 11 - Game Over!

X1-12

Smash Champion
btw a good time to come to a decision is 1 or 2 days before deadline, that way you wont feel rushed but you still get time to think and re-read.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
2. July (1) Joey
3. -Joey- (2) July, X1-12
7. Oki ()
8. X1-12 ()
9. Nabe ()

Not Voting: Oki, Nabe

With 5 playing it takes 3 to lynch!

Deadline is January 29th at 11:59 PM CST (-6 GMT)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm going to be sick through the deadline so I probably won't be having any huge pists showing how I feel. I'm just going to go along with my original July playing safe and adding how July didn't talk to Nabe at all before she voted for TGD day one even though she asked both IC's if she could lynch even if it was possibly the last time she could probably get on. X1 was the only one that replied before she lynched. This makes me feel a X1/July scum-team.

July

Smash Apprentice
Re-reading, the biggest issue I have with your argument against me is this:
Ehh. This game is pretty straight forward at this point.

It's obviously not Oki, and theres obviously not two IC scum, so I'm voting the obvious choice even though I was told not to.

Vote: July

Her play has been too safe since Day 1. When ever she's about to vote, she uses "Maybe" and she tries to make sure it's okay with the IC's before she votes.

X1, I'm not a she. >_>
I have voted or unvoted someone in posts #97, 188, 292, 455, 581, and 654, and at no point did I say the word "Maybe". Earlier in the post you use process of elimination to determine I'm "the obvious choice" as scum, but then you go on to make up something that is very specifically "scummy" about me, when clearly you didn't have to. That's a lot of effort to really convince everyone I'm such "obvious scum" imo.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Just giving you guys a heads up but I probably won't grant a deadline extension if you ask for one.

Oki

Smash Rookie
I'm going to jump on a Joey lynch I've decided. I am sorry if I **** it up terribly. =/
Vote will be at least tomorrow, I want to give **** a last readthrough and like, get to sleep. But yeah.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Joey, one thing we haven't heard from you: if July is scum, which IC do you think is scum with her?

X1, please character claim since there's no reason not to at this juncture anyway.

@Everyone: Character claiming is useless if we expect that the mod has given scum safe character claims, or even characters that seem town but aren't. Regardless, in the final stretch of the game it's good to cover all bases, no matter how unlikely that something will crop up.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm going to be sick through the deadline so I probably won't be having any huge pists showing how I feel. I'm just going to go along with my original July playing safe and adding how July didn't talk to Nabe at all before she voted for TGD day one even though she asked both IC's if she could lynch even if it was possibly the last time she could probably get on. X1 was the only one that replied before she lynched. This makes me feel a X1/July scum-team.
Wabam!

10Wabams

X1-12

Smash Champion
Nabe, since you're online I suggest you vote for July so that once Oki decides she wont have to hope someone else is still online who can hammer.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
At first I was going to say no, because that opens up the possibility of a hammer if you and Joey are the scumteam. But in all honesty I don't care all that much, and if you don't hammer then that makes toMorrow's decision process very simple.

Vote: July

Oki

Smash Rookie
okay i'm going to v ote right now
okay
i'm so sorry
if i **** it all up
Vote: Joey
Ohgod i hope i did good. ;; so sorry.
This is the decision I came to and I know that tomorow I won't be up in time for deadine. so there

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
There was nothing but the sound of the wind in the arena. The sun was setting, it's orange hues spread across the sky. The helpers wondering if they had finally defeated an enemy after being wrong so many times. Their victory was not to be however, as Plasma Wisp could no longer hold himself together and the electricity he is made up of dispersed into the background. Heavy Lobster and Wham Bam Rock come out from the shadows as they have secured an advantage over the helpers. GIM and Simirror, the remaining two helpers, were not strong enough even with their combined power to take them on. They have been defeated; nothing is left for them here, and so they fled into the night failing to prove their worth.

Game Over.

2. July (2) Joey, Nabe
3. -Joey- (3) July, X1-12, Oki
7. Oki ()
8. X1-12 ()
9. Nabe ()

Joey (Plasma Wisp, Vanilla Townie) has been hurt!

Oki (Simirror, Odd Night Doctor) has fled!

Nabe (GIM, Vanilla Townie) has fled!

X1-12 (Heavy Lobster, Mafia Goon) has survived!

July (Wham Bam Rock, Mafia Goon) has survived!

X1-12 and July win!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I apologize if I sound harsh or mean. I'm not trying to be, but I still want to offer my criticism from a mod standpoint.

Ranmaru You were the scummiest player in this game and I honestly had to check my role PM list to make sure you weren't scum. You have the opposite problem most people have and that is that you talk too much. Most of the stuff in your posts is fluff and it makes it a hassle to read your posts. When responding to someone you should answer their question directly, and if your answer doesn't satisfy them then that is their fault and they need to rephrase the question. Stay focused on answering the "why" of the question and nothing else. You also tend to skim the thread a lot or read stuff incorrectly and I'm not sure what the cause of that is. In particular your "case" agiasnt Oki was completely wrong, she countered all if not most of your points with quotes, and you were essentially OMGUSing her because she thought you were scummy Day 1, which you were. X1 and July had nothing to do with her until her bad reaction to your antagonizing which was the only reason she even remotely looked scummy as she was obvious town up until that point.

The Good Doctor It sucks being the day one lynch but you were right to be suspicious of X1, though you need to be more clear with your reasoning as to why. You weren't afraid to accuse anyone but you really have to convince other people that you're right because you can't play this game alone.

Oki You were the most townie of all the players in my opinion. You had good reasoning and you backed up all your assertions with quotes when/if possible. Failing to stay calm though under Ran's pressure though was your downfall. I know it's easy to get frustrated especially when it seems like your playstyles are clashing. X1 and July took advantage of your bad reaction to pressure and joined your wagon easily without looking suspicious. Had you stayed calm while under attack you might not have had to claim and could have focused more attention on other people.

Joey You were pretty town too but mostly because there was no scummy intent in your posts. It especially doesn't help that you didn't do anything the whole game. The amazing part was that your reads were correct but you didn't do anything at all to convince anyone and that was why you got lynched. I also have no clue why you even said that after Dark Horse was lynched that it would be LYLO. That is basically admitting to being scum and that you voted for someone you didn't think was scum just to lynch them. Your lynch was justified on Day 3 in my opinion.

Dourin-X There isn't much to say as you were night killed Night 1. Scum pushed for you as a town read but you didn't bother to question why X1 would think your post 50 made you town. You should be wary of people that get a town read on you as it might be a sign they know your alignment.

Here is a little gem for you guys as well regarding this.

The motive for this kill seems plain to me -- the mafia, knowing they can kill Ran toNight, set their sights on who they thought to be the next most cleared townie.
Regardless of what I just said I am going to throw it out there that I believe Dourin to be pretty much confirmed town because of his post #50. I would like everyone to comment on this please, especially those who have posted very little so far
Night kills are wifom but Nabe's question should have made town think. When I saw it the first person I thought of was X1. Keep in mind that this does not implicate X1 as scum but it is noteworthy in my opinion.

Dark Horse Thanks for replacing in. Your reads were fairly accurate as well but you just weren't active which is strange because I know you were posting in other games.

July You did well as scum so I don't have much to say other than congradulations on winning! There are two things I want to bring up though actually that implicate you as scum and were pretty obvious in my opinion. The first being your case on Oki, specifically when you accused her of buddying. By this time X1 had already explained what buddying was I think and you were using the term incorrectly and makes it look like you were trying to paint her in a bad light. The second is about your stances, you flipped on them and you should be careful about that as scum because had a townie traced your stances through the game they would have seen you calling Joey town Day 1 and Day 2 and X1 scum Day 1 and Day 2 but then all of a sudden you flip-flop them and Joey becomes your scum read and X1 becomes your town read.

Nabe and X1 Both of you are more experienced than me so I don't have anything to comment on. Thank you both for being IC's and Nabe thank you for defusing the situation between Ran and Oki.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Here are the role PM's! I wrote them before I actually knew who was what alignment so that's why the names aren't filled in.

Gova said:

Hello, PlayerName! Welcome to Helper to Hero Mafia or Newbie 11. You are Blade Knight, one of the most versitile helpers in the game. Brandishing your blade you are set on proving yourself a hero; as a knight should be. You are a Vanilla Townie, your powers are your voice and your vote so use them wisely!

Hello, PlayerName! Welcome to Helper to Hero Mafia or Newbie 11. You are Simirror, the best defensive helper in the game. You take no damage when shielding and your basic attack reflects all projectiles allowing you to protect your friends. You are the Odd Night Doctor. Each night, if it is an odd number, you may send the action Protect: Playername and they will be immune to death for that night.

Hello, Playername! Welcome to Helper to Hero Mafia or Newbie 11. You are Sir Kibble, a proud knight who uses the the blade of his helmet as a boomerang. You are a Vanilla Townie, your powers are your voice and your vote, so use them wisely!

Hello, Playername! Welcome to Helper to Hero Mafia or Newbie 11. You are Plasma Wisp, a floating ball of green electricity. You can charge yourself with static electricity and then unleash it on your foes. You are a Vanilla Townie, your powers are your voice and your vote, so use them wisely!

Hello, Playername! Welcome to Helper to Hero Mafia or Newbie 11. You are Waddle Doo, a stronger version of Waddle Dee who can shoot energy beams from your eye. You are a Vanilla Townie, your powers are your voice and your vote, so use them wisely!

Hello, Playername! Welcome to Helper to Hero Mafia or Newbie 11. You are GIM, a mechanical being who uses a yo-yo as a weapon to defeat his enemies. You are a Vanilla Townie, your powers are your voice and your vote, so use them wisely!

Hello, Playername! Welcome to Helper to Hero Mafia or Newbie 11. You are TAC, a cat-like burgler dressed in ninja clothing who can copy other helper abilities. As such, this makes you the Even Night Cop. Each night, if it is an even number, you may send the action Copy: Playername and you will be told that player's alignment.

Hello, Playername! Welcome to Helper to Hero Mafia or Newbie 11. You are Heavy Lobster, a gold mechanical robot designed to look like a lobster. Manufactured on the planet Mekkai, you come equipped with flamethrowers in your claw and jets in your feet. You are a Mafia Goon along with playername (character). Each night you may submit the action Hurt: Playername and that player will be removed from the game.

The following is your safe claim:

You are Burining Leo, a feirce fighter who uses the power of fire to burn his foes to a crisp. You are a Vanilla Townie, your powers are your voice and your vote so use them wisely!

You may communicate with your partner at anytime in the following QuickTopic:

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/SGkSjvisFTF6K

Hello, Playername! Welcome to Helper to Hero Mafia or Newbie 11. You are Wham Bam Rock, a rock creature hidden in darkness in which only his face and hands can be seen. Using his rock hands he crushes and pulverises his foes to dust. You are a Mafia Goon along with Playername (character). Each night you may send in the action Hurt: Playername and that player will be removed from the game.

The following is your safe claim:

You are Rocky, a sentient being made of stone. You are slow but strong, crushing your foes underneath your massive weight. You are a Vanilla Townie, your powers are your voice and your vote so use them wisely!

You may communicate with your partner at any time using the following QuickTopic:

http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/SGkSjvisFTF6K

X1-12

Smash Champion
good game guys. I will do full shoutouts later but for now I will say this:

@Oki dont feel like it was your fault that town lost sometimes you have to make hard decisions and if you get it right then great, if you dont then its only one game. You definitely played a good game

@Gova: I actually told July to do a 180 on Joey so that when I bussed her it would be easy to spin it so Joey was her scumbuddy and trying to last minute distance/bus

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Ahhhhhh, I was rooting for Oki to make the right decision at the end there, I pretty much called scum to Gova like D2.

Regardless, Oki, I think you played a pretty good game and it was just a tough decision that had to be made. You were one of the players that stood out to me as pretty townie, so don't get yourself down. Both Joey and July were looking scummy.

Good job to the ICs for not interfering too much and congratz to X1, and more importantly July, for the scum win.

Ranmaru, gotta be honest dude, you looked obvscum all game.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I noticed that Dourin always gets NKd N1.

We got a new frozenflame on our hands?

Keep up the good townie work, sir.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Being killed N1 is one of the highest compliments you can get (usually) as a vanilla.

Your goal is to try and play so well that scum are forced to kill you early on, which saves Power Roles. It surprised me that Oki did not protect you.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Lol X1 seems to be getting scum roles a lot more often these days.

Also I didn't read this game but Oki, in your position I probably would of made the same mistake, so don't feel bad about it. After someone didn't immediately hammer Joey I would of probably just assumed he was scum, lol. Shows how much I know.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
X1 getting dem scum roles errday.

Dourin, I guess. I was not keeping up with this game on the daily so I don't know the rationale behind some actions. Good game to you nonetheless.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Sorry about playing so badly! But oh my god I played a game to completion -shocked-! I didn't do anything!..... whoops I guess I have to do something in this game :v

but seriously, I actually felt like I did something this game xD! I guess not lol. My lylo post was just me forgetting to add "if DH is town" since I tend to assume people know what I'm talking about even though they don't. Aw well curse you X-alwaysscum-1

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Good job July!

I was rooting for you and you pulled it out. July for MVP just from a reading standpoint.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oops. I just felt as if I had to speak more for town because I was the cop. Didn't work, but I was experimenting.

Thanks Gova. Yeah everyone thought I was posting alot to seem townie. Like I said, I just post that way.

Plus, early on I was trying to get town out from RVS. That was my only intention. (The scum list thing)

Shout outs later : ]

July

Smash Apprentice
Good game everyone, this was extremely fun and I <3 you all!!

@X1: Scum buddy!!! You are the awesome, I learned a lot from you about playing as scum and about forum mafia in general. Thank you for all the help and for helping make my first forum game (and first time as scum) a great experience =)

@Ran: Yay, glad we got to play a game of forum mafia together! :3 I hope you had fun and I would love to play another game of forum mafia with you soon, and maybe we will be on the same faction next time (scum couple?) ;)

@Oki: You played a great game, you put a lot of time and effort into the game and you have a really fun play style, and that really helped town. I know it was a hard decision but like X1 said its only one game and you played really well, I hope to see you playing more games because I know you can rock Dgames girl =)

@Joey: Hey!! I would definitely say you did something this game, from the beginning of Day 2 you had scum reads on me and you were right...in fact by the end you nailed X1 and me as the scum team which I would say is pretty freaking good! Great game and I best see you on aim and in forum mafia k? :bee:

@Nabe: Thank you for being a great IC, I learned a lot from you about the game and from your playstyle because you played great as town. You kept me on my toes more than anyone in the game because I never knew what you were thinking, so I spent most of the game really nervous that you suspected me. Good game and it was great playing with you =)

@TGD: Once we got into Day 1 actually really liked your play style and think you had some good reads by the end of the Day, it was fun to play with you and I felt really bad to hammer you, it deff wasn't personal lol :awesome:

@Dourin: Seriously, you played town really, realllly well, I would absolutely want you on my side if I was town in any game =) definitely good game, and kuz is right, Oki was actually our number two choice for first night kill so you saved the power role, really good job

@Dark Horse: Omg you came into the game and pretty quickly came to the conclusion that I was scum...that terrified me lol. Deff good game =)

@Gova: You are awesome, thank you for creating this newbie game, you did a great job modding and it was a lot of fun!! :bee: And thank you for the advice, I deff appreciate it =)

Thank you J and Kuz!! and J, I am glad I did not let you down :3

July

Smash Apprentice
Also, there are A LOT of smilies in my shout-outs because I did not use smilies all game, needed to make up for that :p

Top Bottom