• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KSSU: Helper to Hero Mafia/Newbie 11 - Game Over!

X1-12

Smash Champion
I only considered Oki and Joey toDay, on D1 I usually just get as far as looking for 1 suspect and getting them lynched, by D2 the happenings that have occurred usually give me enough for more reads and then on D2 I push those new reads. In this case D1 was giving me little-to-nothing in terms of scum-reads so I really went in depth on the few posts that had been made on D2. Note I came into this Day with an medium town read on Joey and a weak town read on Oki.

2 Questions for you:

1.) Stances. now. Talk about the possible lynches for toDay and whether you will support the Oki lynch toDay.

2.) I genuinely want you to post more in this game, I'm getting to the point where I'm having serious trouble trying to find scum so naturally I suspect that it might be hiding i.e its you/July/DH. Is this unreasonable?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Joey: I get seriously mixed tells from Joey which is odd in itself, in #461 I get a town vibe because I honestly don't think he would think to say something like that as scum. If he does turn out to be scum then Nabe is definitely his scum partner, and told him to do that post. (Yeah I could have told him to do that I know, but no-one else) In #467 Joey calls July out for playing safe, but doesn't mention Nabe who has been playing very conservative this game - Note I don't care that he didn't mention Dourin because that is understandable, everyone knew he was town. In this post he also criticises July for being safe with the hammer, despite the fact that Oki was around but not hammering either. Later in #475 he drops a small town tell by asking for me to critique his play but that is fairly easy to think of and to fake as scum. Zoom forward to #486 and we see Joey talk again about July and hammering, this is after Oki has talked about not hammering herself but Joey has nothing to say on that, he appears somewhat tunnel-visioned (he is tunnelling) In this post he also talks about following IC's which is also something that not only July has done (Oki too), nor is it necessarily something scummy if you believe the ICs to be town.
I don't agree with you on 461; I think that's a very natural thing to say as scum. He even made shifty eyes, lol. I agree with you about 467, aside from a couple differences: not everyone thought Dourin was town, and Oki was not around during the hammer.

475, however, is where we'll completely agree, and that's a problem. Compare 475 to 50, a post where you cleared Dourin for saying "I don't know how to play, help us out". 475 is very similar to 50, and it dings me that you would call Dourin cleared town for something so similar. You say about 461 that Joey wouldn't have thought of it on his own; why then is Joey able to think of faking 475, while Dourin couldn't think to fake 50? I want to call this a slip, tbh, so clear it up for me.

Oki: My biggest issue with Oki is her #480. She starts with a seriously wishy-washy comment about the TGD lynch and even expends 4 lines to say this. This is followed by and AtE to Ran (Appeal to Emotion) which is kinda worthless, arguably its harmless but there's still no need for it. Its unusual that she does it at this time when I don't remember her acting like this before. This post just seems very padded out and useless, which gives the impression of scum trying hard to look as though they are contributing. Finishes of this post with a nice bout of WIFOM regarding Nabe's alignment. Actually to top it off she throws in "X1 is hiding behind his IC" Which I've yet to see any evidence for, regardless of that its the third time its been said without any backing. Other than the fluff in this post she also attacked DH in a scummy and underhand way by instead of questioning him, or just stating something, she says "DH put TGD at L-1 jus sayin" which looks like a way to spread dirt onto DH subtly
The AtE on Ran is exactly what it says, she's aggravated by Ran's play this game. She would express the same thing as either faction, and will set a game aside on occasion to rant when she's genuinely annoyed, which IMO is the case here.

The rest is fair; you gotta work with what you see. As town, she's usually suspicious of me, which I haven't seen this game.

480 isn't a game-changing post for me like it seems to be for you, though. Can you outline your thoughts on Oki aside from 480?

That is the way I think we should go toDay. While Joey has done things which are more scummy in some ways, he has also exhibited some town tells which are extremely hard to fake, and no offence meant Joey, but probably above his level.
From your own words in the case, he's exhibited one town tell that was easy to fake, and another that wasn't. Referring to these by the language in the bolded is a bit of an exaggeration. IMO it's false, but it's your wording that's important.

I'd be fine with an Oki lynch. But I think you two are of different alignments, based on this post and on her part, her interactions with you.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Ranmaru ()
2. July (1) Joey
3. -Joey- ()
4. Dark Horse ()
7. Oki (2) X1-12, Ranmaru
8. X1-12 ()
9. Nabe ()

Not Voting: July, Dark Horse, Oki, Nabe

With 7 playing it takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is January 21st at 11:59 PM CST (-6 GMT)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oki, you are l-2 now. Start claiming, even though your death is inevitable. (I don't think you should wait until L-1, it's pretty risky down there)

X1-12

Smash Champion
Oki, you are l-2 now. Start claiming, even though your death is inevitable. (I don't think you should wait until L-1, it's pretty risky down there)
You are wrong.

Don't claim yet, Oki. No-one will hammer, and even if she is going to be lynched it won't be now.

Oki

Smash Rookie
I will claim when I'm L-1. I don't want to claim earlier, Mr. L-3. Working on a post.

#HBC | Nabe

When you say that Dourin was your D2 choice and you'd have pursued him toDay, is that what you mean when in #506 you say are a little off-track?
Yep.

1.) Stances. now. Talk about the possible lynches for toDay and whether you will support the Oki lynch toDay.
My lynch for toDay is Oki or Joey. I believe there to be scum within you, Oki and Joey, and I'm trying to figure out which I'd like to go toDay. An Oki town flip would make me believe wholeheartedly that you're scum, so I'd be okay with an Oki lynch as I said in my previous post.

2.) I genuinely want you to post more in this game, I'm getting to the point where I'm having serious trouble trying to find scum so naturally I suspect that it might be hiding i.e its you/July/DH. Is this unreasonable?
Not unreasonable, no. I post this frequently in all games, of course, but the idea that I'm hiding is reasonable in itself. I would suspect the second scum to be between July and DH, and can understand my being lynched if we find scum toDay, although between those two would be better.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I will claim when I'm L-1. I don't want to claim earlier, Mr. L-3. Working on a post.
Well, I claimed, and right when I did, Joey put me in l-1. (He states that he didn't notice it) July was also typing something up. I also wasn't so eager to wait to claim with Joey/TGD in town. (Especially TGD)

I'm just warning you, but ok.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP: I keep forgetting that TGD already had his vote on me, but I would still be cautious of Joey.

Oki

Smash Rookie
@X1: My AtE on Ran is because I am genuinely wanting to punch babies because of the way he is playing. Like give me 12 babies right now. I will punch all of them.

I was not around for the hammer. I have said it multiple times. That is probably why Joey was going after July on that, and not on me.

My 480 is god awful. It is terrible. It is disorganized and it is me trying to get people thinking on different things I have noticed. My posts sure are ****ty, but the intentions there are to try and figure things out. If my playstyle is really that awful, can you try and point me in a direction I need to go to help town, because apparently I cannot do it right.

I wanted to point out that Dark Horse is quiet, and that he put TGD at a dangerous L-1 position. Those things don't settle well with me. When TGD put Ran at L-1 you certainly took notice of it, but not when Dark Horse did it. I don't know if it's because TGD's vote was earlier in the day or why. But I don't understand why it is ok to point out L-1 votes sometimes and not others.

@Nabe: As town I am suspicious of you sometimes, but generally only when you are playing in a much more assertive/aggressive/whatever manner. As scum I want you dead N1. Even with a possible doctor protect on you I probably woulda taken my chances on you had I been scum. You read the scumtells I have very well and you are a risk I cannot take when I play with you, hon.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Didn't respond to us agreeing on stuff, its pointless

475 is very similar to 50, and it dings me that you would call Dourin cleared town for something so similar. You say about 461 that Joey wouldn't have thought of it on his own; why then is Joey able to think of faking 475, while Dourin couldn't think to fake 50? I want to call this a slip, tbh, so clear it up for me.
#50 was very different in terms of circumstances, firstly at #50 the game had barely started so I discount the possibility that she was told to do that, if she was scum she's still be at the stage of chatting of like "what's our plan" or "can you give me tips" etc etc. I also at that point hadn't explained to anyone stuff about how to scumhunt or the benefits of looking at the intent in people's posts (something necessary to see #50 as a town tell). Its easier to do a trick when you've seen someone do it before

The AtE on Ran is exactly what it says, she's aggravated by Ran's play this game. She would express the same thing as either faction, and will set a game aside on occasion to rant when she's genuinely annoyed, which IMO is the case here.
I'll just accept your read on that since you two know each other and saying "NO U" over and over is useless

480 isn't a game-changing post for me like it seems to be for you, though. Can you outline your thoughts on Oki aside from 480?
I'll go through her posts since like #500 which I've only skimmed so far because i went straight from waiting for your reply -> posting my large post and pushing the case. I remember seeing lots of explanation for individual cases of fluff ("because it was awesome") but no explanation of why she is posting fluff at all

From your own words in the case, he's exhibited one town tell that was easy to fake, and another that wasn't. Referring to these by the language in the bolded is a bit of an exaggeration. IMO it's false, but it's your wording that's important.
I haven't felt like making a case for why Joey is particularly town, however after going through the posts I've missed and showing more about Oki I will pull up a select few good ones.

Oki

Smash Rookie
Vote: X1

I have not so good feelings about X1.

He seems to lean toward DH as a scum pick perhaps, because he is failing to post more than the questions asked of him directly, but claims it is a scum tell for me to mention DH in my post, that it is spreading the dirt on him.

He calls it an AtE to Ran because I am unhappy with the way Ran plays, but X1 is certainly unhappy with the way Ran plays as well. I understand that my tearing up Ran's posts is more angry sounding than X1's, but we've both been on Ran for the same thing.

He then goes at Joey for acting differently toward two similar situations. He says a lot of the things July and I have done are similar, and that it seems scummy for Joey to go after July for the way she plays but not me.
But at the same time, he clears Dourin for his 50 but not Joey for his 475, two similar situations that he is acting differently toward. I agree with Nabe on this.

There are a lot of contradictory things he's been saying that I don't like. So if I had to choose, it'd be him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do not remember seeing X1 do this:

"Also, please stooooop using aimaf meta. Please. Please please please. We've been told not to like 238739874 times. And you keep saying it. And you think it is ok to push it in my face because I did it once before the IC's said not to. It is not very nice. It is making me make the saddest face. Like all the sad faces."

The tiniest hint of emotion I have seen from him was a mere 'lol'.

He said I was posting in a dumb way. But you follow suit. He actually pointed out how I played wrong. You didn't.

You just turn to AtEing.

#HBC | Nabe

Ran, you should probably stop talking. You're being inflammatory for the sake of it now.

X1's 534 was a reasonable response to my problems. I'll be voting Oki in my next post, after which I'd like a claim. No hammering regardless of claim until we hear from Joey w.r.t. X1's case.

Oki

Smash Rookie
You can start claiming not doctor if you would like, like how we did with Ran. I would rather not like to die. Though I will during the night, or during tomorrow night. But I'd rather not die right now.

Oki

Smash Rookie
I do not remember seeing X1 do this:

"Also, please stooooop using aimaf meta. Please. Please please please. We've been told not to like 238739874 times. And you keep saying it. And you think it is ok to push it in my face because I did it once before the IC's said not to. It is not very nice. It is making me make the saddest face. Like all the sad faces."

The tiniest hint of emotion I have seen from him was a mere 'lol'.

He said I was posting in a dumb way. But you follow suit. He actually pointed out how I played wrong. You didn't.

You just turn to AtEing.
Lol I still wouldn't mind you dead though. You make me want to punch everything regardless.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Nabe I'm half way through why Oki is scummy, do you want me to explain my reasoning anyway?

@Oki: If no-one CCs then you will live until Night Killed by scum

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran, you should probably stop talking. You're being inflammatory for the sake of it now.

X1's 534 was a reasonable response to my problems. I'll be voting Oki in my next post, after which I'd like a claim. No hammering regardless of claim until we hear from Joey w.r.t. X1's case.
What? No. Are you defending Oki? Why would it matter to you?

@Oki: I can understand the feeling.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol I still wouldn't mind you dead though. You make me want to punch everything regardless.
Hmmm you still want me dead? Why would town want town dead?

Also. I'm the cop. :3

Oki

Smash Rookie
Because you are obnoxious. o.o And I don't like having you being able to talk. Lol.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Ran chill, either she'll be proven 100% town, or by toMorrow at the latest she'll be proved 100% scum. There's no need to scumhunt on her.

@DH: get your but in here and CC if you are the doctor, if not do something useful ffs, tell us about someone quiet or someone scummy

#HBC | Nabe

"You're being inflammatory for the sake of it now" makes it pretty clear why I brought it up, Ran. It's the first rule in the game.

Drop it. The interaction between you two does not matter anymore. We need to wait for a CC; this can wait until post-game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Right, I never insulted her or anything.

Plus, I asked you that because of the interaction between you and her. Not to scumhunt on her, but to see what you would say. (I still wonder why you didn't want her to clear you as town)

But she is ok.

@Question:

Do you think I will be nk'd or Oki? I think I would, since I get to investigate tonite. She doesn't get to do anything Tonite (That's how I felt ;-; ), so scum doesn't have to worry about what she does tonite.

#HBC | Nabe

I think you'd die toNight, yes. If they have any sense.

The reason I ask why people see me as town is because they might not be correct. Townies shouldn't desire to be cleared town, and should question people who clear them, unless it's for a generally accepted reason like you not being CC'd in an open setup where we know your role exists.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Oki's #507 second paragraph leaves a pretty wishywashy comment on Joey with no clear opinion on his final thought on him (merely that action x was townish and action y was scummish). This gets followed by two paragraphs of fluff (and AtE which I'll ignore) and then fails to explain what he meant earlier to do with Nabe being implicated by Dourin kill. Once again tops it off with talking about me hiding behind my IC role (unsubstantiated, no evidence for this) and then finally decides that all along he has thought Nabe was MORE town because of the kill, despite the fact that back in #492 Oki says "maybe you'd do that" (Hypothetical about Nabe killing Dourin). She acknowledges in this post that it was a lot of WIFOM but still posts it. Note that right at the start of D1 (well relatively early) I said that WIFOM in itself isn't scummy, but anyone who generates a lot of it purposely is. #509 is a post just full of quotes at Ran showing who is wrong (Town should be concerned with who is scum, not who is right).

#510 Oki explains her fluff with more fluff. Because it was pointed out that she said Dourin was awesome, she explains that its because Dourin in fact is awesome (yeah not exactly like this, but nonetheless she doesn't justify why she was fluffing or show that she wasn't). This paragraph is rounded off with "I will make sure to have absolutely no emotions or sense of humor next time I play." Which is not actually what anyone said at all. I guess the doc claim which I just saw has made me think it might just be butthurt town but still this conclusion is a terrible one to draw. Later in this post she talks about me saying that she has no evidence on me but only vibes (both unhelpful and wishywashy). At the end she says that she has been focused on defending herself and not on scumhunting which is legit (some town points here)

I'm stopping now. Everything in different colour is before the doc claim.

@Ran: you are dead toNight, almost certainly.

@All: I suggest you do not direct Ran toNight

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I don't CC

Oki probably won't die toNight. He is not scum if he survives.

Anybody who hammers is scum.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
July's "agree with the ICs" gives me a bad vibe. It sounds like scum trying to play, using joeys term, "Safe" (basically, by avoiding independent actions and focusing on the recommendations of the ICs, he/she/it can avoid doing independent actions which could potentially read as scummy to people)

Though i'll wait until oki has a cc/does not have a cc before voting.

X1-12

Smash Champion
What about Joey? You said you agreed with some of his points, do you consider him town or scum explain your answers

Top Bottom