• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KSSU: Helper to Hero Mafia/Newbie 11 - Game Over!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Why would you suggest people for the doctor to protect during the day? It's a really dumb thing to do considering we're in the middle of deciding who to lynch. Save that for the twilight phase(it's in this game right?). Sorry I read that wrong.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Top Ranger Skye will be prodded.

1. Ranmaru (1) The Good Doctor
2. July ()
3. -Joey- ()
4. Top Ranger Skye (3) July, X1-12, Nabe
5. The Good Doctor (1) Joey
6. Dourin-X ()
7. Oki ()
8. X1-12 (1) Ranmaru
9. Nabe ()

Not voting: Top Ranger Skye, Oki, Dourin-X

With 9 playing, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is January 9th at 11:59 PM CST ( -6 GMT)

July

Smash Apprentice
Okay I was out all day today but I have caught up and have input:

@Ran: I’m sorry, I did mess up with your suspect list but I do remember you voting for TGD and X1, the posts between you and Oki just stuck out more than your suspicions towards X1.

Your post #202 is interesting, and I know you talk about having “poor communication with town,” but looking back on it, you have to realize that last line sounds soo scummy. Then, after making that comment, in a sense you do stand up and make a move in asking people to list doc protects…but it was a move leading the town to do something not only against the advice of the ICs, but unproductive at this point. I'm not sure I can believe that “poor communication with town” explains all the things that have been scummy even within that post.

Ran, if you survive today, do you think that you can improve your communication with town enough to convince us that you are not scum?

And for your question about who should be in the front lines doing work if the ICs are “hanging back on reserve,” everyone should still be doing work and asking questions to determine who is scum and who should be lynched.

@Nabe: The cons of lynching TRS are that we have a high chance of losing a townie or worst case scenario a power role. Because she was inactive she has no connections other than who voted for her and who chose not to vote for her. And town has power through numbers and through votes; in this case lynching Skye risks losing a townie AND prevents votes from being used towards the scummiest players.

@Oki: I think that TRS switches from inactive to just plain lurking if she does come into the thread, posts a little, then goes M.I.A. again or gets on swf but decides not to post here, because then it seems like she is choosing not to post instead of circumstances preventing her from posting.

Oki, just wondering, is there anything that stood out to you that made you think that Ran may be “dopey” instead of “scummy”?

Also, what are your thoughts on Nabe so far?

@Dourin and Joey: I definitely understand and respect your stances on Skye; not wanting an accidental hammer and not wanting to throw your vote away do make a lot of sense.

As for me, I’m keeping my vote on TRS for now, L-2 seems appropriate until she become active or is replaced.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Nabe: Talk about Oki please. If you have already then I missed it/have forgotten it and please tell me roughly where it is

X1-12

Smash Champion
OK I have 2:

What are your thoughts on Joey's alignment?

If me and Nabe were to leave the thread for the next few days, and we decided you should lead the town, what would you do?

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
Question 1:
I feel that he's town. He has been thinking for himself and looking at things critically.

Question 2:
I would play like I did up until now, except explain things when asked. I'd just try to keep the discussion going or bring up new stuff to talk about.
After the flip and nightkill, I'll read the posts of the dead players and see what it tells me. If I find anything, chances are I'll post it.

X1-12, why ask me about Joey?

X1-12

Smash Champion
I think you should post more content of your own, point out things you do not like about peoples posts, as opposed to just waiting to be asked questions, failing that ask other people questions. This is just general advice, not me calling you scum. I bring it up because Nabe isn't much of a leader and I will be taking a much more passive role in this game because its exam season over here and I'm busy, pretty much expect me just come in every so often with a fairly long post of what I take on what has happened so far. I will also be pushing towards a lynch because the deadline reaching results in a NL (No Lynch) Which is VERY bad for town, it is in fact worse than lynching a townie (Established mafia fact).

I asked about Joey because I was re-skimming and one of his posts gave me a town vibe, you asked to be asked questions so I thought I'd ask you about him. If you had said you thought he was scum we probably could have actually gained something.

Fried Ice Cream

Smash Ace
I'm a bit tired/sick today, I really can't be bothered to get my gears on this game today. I don't have anything to share, or ask that I can think of.
I guess I'll see if I can post some questions later this evening.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda but didn't, I don't find him scummy so I'm not going to say I do >_>.

Maybe someone else thinks Joey is scummy?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@July:
I don't usually know when it is a good time to talk about pr's, but I thought since the doc has the effect tonight, and since we will be at deadline the 9th, that it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I was afraid to ask it, but I did anyways. Yes, I will. I'm trying to keep my posts condensed.

I agree with you on Oki. I have noticed her online, and then switching to invisible after.

Also, I believe she has unvoted because no one else was voting me at the time. So she is following.

@Question to X1:
Why not use Aim meta, while Oki has used Aim meta for her reasons back when? It's funny because Oki's first reason for voting me, was because my playstyle was weird as opposed to Aim Meta.

I have heard that using Aim meta isn't good, but can you explain why?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What do you mean, The Good Doctor?

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
What do you mean, The Good Doctor?
I think it opens the possibility of Nabe and X1 being the scum, it also seems like X1 is trying to look as town as possible while voting for Top Ranger. It just didn't look like what a true townie would do...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh. So, what do you think they should be doing?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah ok. What would you do? You think they are voting Skye to look town? Who should they vote?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Dourin, what's happened between your 207 and now to spark your vote for Ran?

@Nabe: Talk about Oki please. If you have already then I missed it/have forgotten it and please tell me roughly where it is
Haven't yet.

I think her contributions put her solidly as town in D1. I would have to reread to be sure, but I don't think I've seen her say anything that didn't have a firm anchor in pro-town motive.

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Dourin: Its important to understand the difference between Inactives and lurkers. Inactives are people who genuinely are not there to play, whereas lurking strongly implies that the player is intentionally not posting.

@Oki: Inactives should be replaced, following on from what I just said to Dourin, someone who posts a 1 liner every 47 hours should be lynched. Someone who is not there at all should be replaced.
This is my thoughts on inactives. I think every agrees with it, if not they haven't said anything to the contrary.

About you saying I would call anyone scummy for voting even though I did just the same time. Would it be scummy to vote someone making them L-1? No, not really. Would it be scummy if someone right after voted them? Yes it would. Scumtells are situational and should be taken in context.

Oki

Smash Rookie
@July: He tried to direct the doctor despite being told repeatedly not to. He asks me questions that don't make sense. He has spent like 30 million gazillion pages not scumhunting and just defending himself. I think a goon would actually have been more reasonable in these things. Like, if 3+ people started voting for them they might kind of hunker down and wait it out. And be, I don't know, reasonable. He makes walls of text that make no sense, and throws out the word "connection" without it meaning anything. I don't know if he's scum anymore. He is very much in his own little world and is doing a lot of things that are just annoying and kind of dumb. He is not helping town at all, but I think it is just him. Being. Like. Not smart about mafia.

Oki

Smash Rookie
@July again: Doublechecked your post and realized you asked me multiple questions. As for Nabe, I think he's pretty town. First off, I'm totally willing to change my opinion on that, but I have a hunch that they would not take a more experienced IC and let them help scum. It just doesn't help the majority of people learn. Also, I have played with Nabe, not just on quick-moving things like Aimafia and EpicMafia. I've played some forum games with him (not here of course), and I mean, they were very informal forum games and the players there probably could use some newbie training like this, but I've learned a bit about how he plays from that.

When he's scum, he gets very take charge very early on. Like how right now X1 is running the show. Except with Nabe, it's much more aggressive. He doesn't like hanging back in case people think he's scum. I think right now he's just trying to hang back more and ask questions to allow us newer townies to do the work. He's not cleared town for me yet, nobody is, but I am leaning town with him.

#HBC | Nabe

@July again: Doublechecked your post and realized you asked me multiple questions. As for Nabe, I think he's pretty town. First off, I'm totally willing to change my opinion on that, but I have a hunch that they would not take a more experienced IC and let them help scum. It just doesn't help the majority of people learn. Also, I have played with Nabe, not just on quick-moving things like Aimafia and EpicMafia. I've played some forum games with him (not here of course), and I mean, they were very informal forum games and the players there probably could use some newbie training like this, but I've learned a bit about how he plays from that.
Not a good hunch; either myself or X1 could be scum. We are not both scum, because a mod would've re-randomized in that very unfair scenario. But the possibility of one of us being scum is what keeps this game fair, because if we were cleared townies then scum would be at a disadvantage.

As scum, we'd have an advantage in our ability to hide behind giving advice. I'm not scum, and I don't believe X1 to be either, but a town should make their own judgments based on the actions we take. I'd be very disappointed if town let either of us go just because we have a license to do less work.

When he's scum, he gets very take charge very early on. Like how right now X1 is running the show. Except with Nabe, it's much more aggressive. He doesn't like hanging back in case people think he's scum. I think right now he's just trying to hang back more and ask questions to allow us newer townies to do the work. He's not cleared town for me yet, nobody is, but I am leaning town with him.
I feel I'm often very aggressive as town as well as scum, and that my play really depends on the day. I would say that the difference is that as town, I'm often aggressive on a gut feeling alone, while as scum I'm more likely to have reasoning that backs up what I'm saying.

The attitude that you've pointed out could just as easily be a scum tactic as a town one. I would call it null, not town, just like being an IC means little to our alignments.

#HBC | Nabe

We can see from TRS' profile that she has logged on today, but hasn't yet posted in here. We can also say in a general sense that she's posted in other threads at the same time. We'll wait a little longer to judge, but what could we glean from this right now?

July

Smash Apprentice
@Nabe: For right now, it seems that TSR is now consciously making a choice not to participate rather than being unable to participate due to outside circumstances. This could indicate that she really has no interest in playing the game anymore (if she logged on she must have gotten the prods so I don't think she could have just forgot), or that she has transitioned from being inactive to just plain lurking.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Yeah it does, but its not against the rules. That's why several people add the people they play mafia games against, so they can look at their profiles easily.

*Notes that Dourin just added me as a friend* :p

Oki

Smash Rookie
@Dourin: I don't think it does. I mean, I don't think it counts as bad information. I think it is different than like, looking outside the thread to see if someone is talking about the game. She is not lurking in the thread, I think it is fair to see if she is lurking outside the thread, because since she is not giving us information we need to find it.

@July and @Nabe: I agree that it's a possibility that she could just be uninterested in the game. However, I think it is more likely that she is just lurking. I know that in situations where I feel a lot of pressure I tend to ignore the situation entirely. She could be doing the same.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Unvote: X1
Vote: Nabe

You are still voting Joey. Also, you haven't voted in the three wagons: Me, TGD, Skye. It's fine that you are reserved, but should you keep your vote on Joey for that long? What is your stance on him? (When you voted you only asked a question)

MOD: Votecount

I think Skye's reason for being absent may be different than what she said it was, but we for sure can't know that.

@Dourin: I thank you for the reminder. But why not when you unvoted? Am I the vote bank for you? (Meaning, your crutch to vote back to). Either way I still remember that I'm suspected, so I don't think it would have mattered.

What reminded you to vote me again as a reminder?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I will look into replacing Top Ranger Skye unless she starts posting.

1. Ranmaru (2) The Good Doctor, Dourin-X
2. July ()
3. -Joey- ()
4. Top Ranger Skye (3) July, X1-12, Nabe
5. The Good Doctor (1) Joey
6. Dourin-X ()
7. Oki ()
8. X1-12 ()
9. Nabe (1) Ranmaru

Not voting: Top Ranger Skye, Oki,
With 9 playing, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is January 9th at 11:59 PM CST ( -6 GMT)

X1-12

Smash Champion
I stress this very much IF ANYONE OTHER THAN NABE VOTES FOR TOP RANGER SKYE, YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED AS 100% CONFIRMED SCUM. This is in effect until I say so. This is to prevent early hammers resulting in town missing out on information. If scum wish to quickhammer then so be it, I will gladly trade a townie lynch for a scum lynch.
Edit with new post

Vote:Top Ranger Skye

I spelled the user's name wrong
Why did you do this?

also

HUGE FoS: Ranmaru

Your stances are all over the place, you also seem to be attacking anyone for any reason you can pull out of your anus

#HBC | Nabe

TGD, what was the reasoning for the vote above?
Ran, as the votecount shows, I'm voting Skye currently. My stance on Joey is town.

Since the Skye situation is coming to an end, I'll voice that I'd be happy with either a TGD or Ran lynch toDay. Ran, I think, is simply scrambling for self-preservation. TGD seems to be a bit of a parrot and potentially doesn't understand the scope of the game, but makes posts containing some knowledge at the same time.

My reads on both players are town; however, I think that town could use a bit more solidarity, and in Day 1, those two are good losses to accomplish that goal. I know that other players find these two to be scummy; they've each done anti-town things, there's merit to that. These choices benefit everyone.

Top Bottom