• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KSSU: Helper to Hero Mafia/Newbie 11 - Game Over!

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Why did you do this?

also

HUGE FoS: Ranmaru

Your stances are all over the place, you also seem to be attacking anyone for any reason you can pull out of your anus
I did it b/c my patience is thin atm.
I also would rather Skye replaced then lynched.
From what I've seen, Skye has been on, but hasnt contributed anything.

From Skye's profile
# Last Activity: Yesterday 05:11 PM

X1-12

Smash Champion
V/LA on 7th - Personal reasons
Sorry guys.

V/LA is a term DGamers use to show they will not be posting as often as expected - or possibly not at all - in a game over a certain period of time. It stands for Vacation/Low Activity (or Limited Access).

X1-12

Smash Champion
@Nabe: I'm charging you with a few things because I will be busy:

1.) If Skye comes back with at least 2 days (or more/less (use your judgement)) left before the deadline. Remind her that she is 1 vote away from being lynched and that she could easily be the Lynch target toDay (lol, u no wat i mean doe)

2.) Make sure Ranmaru is Lynched toDay. I'll definitely get back on in time to vote for him before the deadline so you can count on my vote, but for now atleast I will stick with Recklessness is a town tell in the case of Good Doctor (#281). If you think Good Doctor is a better lynch and can convince people of this I'll vote him when I come back too, just make sure one of them goes. Imo its Ran because Ran is anti-town by accident, with the possibility that he is anti-town on purpose too, however Good Doctor is anti-town by accident, but almost certainly not intentionally so. Also ran will be a bigger pain to deal with later, even if he is town - ie the anti-townness he shows is much worse and greater in volume than the stuff from Good Doctor.

3.) Remind people that the Doctor should definitely do the following: "Flip a coin, if you get heads: Protect X1, if you get Tails: protect Nabe." However be careful to make sure no doc claims. Don't bother discussing it until its relevant though. I.e we are at L-1 on our actual lynch candidate - note twilight is merely the time between hammer and mod seeing the hammer.

@Nabe: Do you have a problem with any of these, I cannot be sure of my activity but I wlll try to poke my head in and remind people of these things. If there's something you disagree with I will try to find a middle ground with you. Or just convince you I'm right

Oki

Smash Rookie
V/LA on the 8th, although I can probably post late at night or in the very veeeery early morning.

...I am LARPing that day. xD Nabe can attest to that. Gonna go slay like all the goblins.

My reads on both players are town; however, I think that town could use a bit more solidarity, and in Day 1, those two are good losses to accomplish that goal. I know that other players find these two to be scummy; they've each done anti-town things, there's merit to that. These choices benefit everyone.
This. This this this. I don't know if I am confident in Ran's scumminess anymore, but I don't think he is working with town either. Is what I mean by dopey. He is very self-absorbed with his own theories and ideas, and he is attacking random people (not questioning, attacking) for no reason. It might not be scummy, but it at least is like, not good town behavior.

Oki

Smash Rookie
@TGD for his kind of really dumb excuse concerning his vote: X1 said that anyone who votes TRS without being specifically told to would be considered 100% scummy. Why would you do that? Especially if you're town, why would you even?

I don't even. Gosh. Gooosh.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
@TGD for his kind of really dumb excuse concerning his vote: X1 said that anyone who votes TRS without being specifically told to would be considered 100% scummy. Why would you do that? Especially if you're town, why would you even?

I don't even. Gosh. Gooosh.
Yeah, it was dumb. I realize this.
I also think X1 might be scum, but this was probably a bad time to go against what he had said. I also wanted to see the reaction I would get

unvote: Top Ranger Skye

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
From the last page, it seems obvious to me that Ranmaru is trying to get our focus off himself and on to others without really defending himself.

Vote:Ranmaru

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Well lol, you answered that by yourself.

You say that it's obvious to you that Ran is doing what you say. If so, is there a reason you're calling him on it now, rather than previously? Why Skye when Ran was so obvious?
I thought it would be alot more scummy for someone to actually lynch him than me putting him at L-1

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
V/LA on the 8th and the morning of the 9th. Brawl tournament <3.

My stance and my vote hasn't changed one bit except they're both acting more scummy in my opinion. TGD more so than Ran. TGD is just following around and doing a bad job, at that. He's skimming too and not really paying attention in my opinion.

July

Smash Apprentice
@Ran: It is a good thing to be scum hunting, but the vote for Ran really comes out of nowhere; you haven't really indicated much suspicion of him, and while you are questionably scummy you are still increasingly anti-town (sentiments expressed by Nabe, Oki, and X1). This really makes me question if in Day 2 you can really focus on communicating with the town.

Ran, you talked about people's intent earlier, what is your intent?

@TGD: So far, sooo much recklessness but not enough solid information from you. You and Ran both seem to have an issue communicating with town; so many of your actions still come across as scummy and do not seem like accidents.

TGD, If you are not lynched today, do you think you can communicate better with town on Day 2 to convince us you are not scum?

@Oki: Your post today helped me understand what you meant by Ran seeming "dopey", aka not scum but not really helping town.

Who, do you think is more "anti-town" or scummy, TGD or Ran?

Unvote: Top Ranger Skye

It's looking like she is going to be replaced so my vote doesn't really do anything there now.

July

Smash Apprentice
Also, I was unexpectedly V/LA today as my friends and I got together before we all have to start heading back for classes.

I shall try and post ahead of time when I am going to be V/LA from now on.

Oki

Smash Rookie
@July: I'm not really sure. I think Ran is more anti-town in a big obvious way, with his big meaningless posts. Also though I think TGD is anti-town in that he is just kind of floating through the game not thinking. I really don't think the vote on TRS was a calculated scum working. I don't think he was calculating anything, or thinking anything. It shows how dangerous he can be.

However, if we are thinking they are both town that is not working very well, I think we should get rid of one of them (Probably Ran, as X1 encouraged Nabe to do in his post to him. He is not only not helping town out but he's loud about it, and he keeps asking a lot of questions that aren't relevant/don't make sense, which I think is holding back town more than TGD's silliness) and then refocus. I don't think, for numbers sake, that we can afford to lose both of them.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
TGD seems to be a bit of a parrot and potentially doesn't understand the scope of the game, but makes posts containing some knowledge at the same time.

Ok, I can understand the stances on me (Twice I made a mistake with nabe, sowwy) I even looked back to see if you did vote Skye but I missed it, I'll need to re-read it.

Now, I'm pretty sure it's easy to make that mistake. For example, can anyone remember me voting TGD?

I'm sure Gova didn't. LOL

But why remove TGD, because he may not know the whole scope of the game? That is unfair, and maybe you need to give him another chance, so he can learn the game a bit better.

============

This, is what I think:

Oki, is scum. She buddies Dourin, Joey, defends nabe, and says TGD may not be scummy, but just silly. She also is very kind to the IC's.

Scum buddy may be:

Nabe/X1/Dourin - I'm pretty sure one of the IC's can be scum, because why wouldn't she question an IC? She seems to be the most aggresive, why would she approach in such a way without really being sure who scum is?

I put Dourin there, because his vote on me seemed a bit off. Nabe also noticed this. It seems as though Dourin is using me as a vote crutch.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw: I voted Nabe to get discussion going, and to scumhunt.

Nabe was my third stance.

Also, we can't just hope scum might actually slip up, we have to make them slip. That, is why I voted Nabe.

Since X1 said we should get a replacement for Skye:
Mod: Requesting replacement for Skye

Unvote

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP:

Nabe/X1/Dourin - I'm pretty sure one of the IC's can be scum, because why wouldn't Oki question an IC? Like I said, she is very kind to them, and would rather listen to an IC than a non IC. Although I'm still not sure, it's just a hunch.

She seems to be the most aggresive, why would she approach in such a way without really being sure who scum is? *Add to Oki reasoning.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@July: My intent is to find scum. It's not easy, though.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Ranmaru (2) The Good Doctor, Dourin-X
2. July ()
3. -Joey- ()
4. Top Ranger Skye (2) X1-12, Nabe
5. The Good Doctor (1) Joey
6. Dourin-X ()
7. Oki ()
8. X1-12 ()
9. Nabe ()

Not voting: Top Ranger Skye, Oki, Ranmaru, July

With 9 playing, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is January 9th at 11:59 PM CST ( -6 GMT)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also:

Voting after someone said "NO ONE VOTE OR YOU ARE SCUM"
doesn't automatically make that person scum.

Really, that statement would cause WIFOM too.

Also, I agree with X1 that the Princess Bride move is AWESOME.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I thought it would be alot more scummy for someone to actually lynch him than me putting him at L-1
I'm sorry, I don't think this really answers my question.

Also:

Voting after someone said "NO ONE VOTE OR YOU ARE SCUM"
doesn't automatically make that person scum.

Really, that statement would cause WIFOM too.
That's not the proper use of WIFOM, but regardless.

You'll often see situations involving controlled voting on DGames, such as this one. Since the intent wasn't to lynch TRS, and there was plenty of time left in the Day, there was no pro-town reason not to follow that. As such, if a person didn't follow it, it would be very fair to assume they are scum. In practice, people wouldn't typically decide not to agree to the controlled vote, so the situation rarely gets to this stage.

In this game specifically, you'll notice that X1 has largely ignored what TGD did. That's because the situation with TRS had ended prior to TGD's vote; it should've been generally understood that votes for TRS weren't advisable in light of her possible replacement, but they weren't strictly disallowed either.

All this is a very long way of agreeing that TGD isn't scum for her vote on TRS.

Ran, is the green section of your previous post a very long way of saying that you don't think TGD is scum?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Checking in to place my vote on Ranmaru.

Unvote
Vote: Ranmaru

Also worth letting you know I've been pestering the mod and Skye will be replaced soon. Hopefully tonight or early toMorrow.

July

Smash Apprentice
@July
Yeah, I kinda rushed into the game without thinking very much.

But why remove TGD, because he may not know the whole scope of the game? That is unfair, and maybe you need to give him another chance, so he can learn the game a bit better.
This is true, we are all trying to learn the game and in Day 2 he has a chance to rebound. However, you do realize that if you support giving TGD a second chance, that leaves you as the main candidate for being lynched, right?

Also, what is the reference to The Princess Bride? I thought I remembered it relating to WIFOM but I couldn't find the post about it.

July, since your vote is no longer on TRS, is there anywhere you'd like it now? The deadline is on the 9th, so we should begin choosing a lynch candidate.
Yes, there is, I am planning to vote Ranmaru.

I'm not convinced he is scum, I have been struggling with it all Day 1, but I think that his actions are more potentially scummy and will be harder to improve into Day 2 than TGD so far. While TGD's actions don't seem to be calculated as anti-town, it is not clear if Ran's actions are anti-town on purpose or by accident, and that seems more dangerous going into Day 2 than TGD's recklessness.

(I was voting Ranmaru, then I saw X1 voted him as I was writing this up; should I vote him and put him at L-1 at this point? I don't want him to get accidentally hammered before we have gotten all the information we want for Day 1)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Nabe:

"That's not the proper use of WIFOM, but regardless."

Yes, I understand. But in TGD's case, he has voted many times unaware of actually voting the person to l-1. So in his case, I wouldn't think he would be %100 scum just for not following it. I guess all his actions should be watched upon instead of just that one. I don't think you guys should let him get away with anything, because he can prove to be dangerous in mylo/lylo. (Accidental hammer in lylo/mylo or something)

I just feel as though Oki would believe that he defied X1 on purpose, and would therefore think he is 100% scum. Consider his other actions along with this. Both sides of the coin guys.

"Ran, is the green section of your previous post a very long way of saying that you don't think TGD is scum?"

No. I just thought TGD shouldn't be voted off because of potentially not knowing a good scope of the game. That, doesn't have anything to do with alignment.

@ Oki:
"X1 said that anyone who votes TRS without being specifically told to would be considered 100% scummy. Why would you do that? Especially if you're town, why would you even?

I don't even. Gosh. Gooosh."

I don't believe he would be 100% scummy in that case. He may be just voting along with others, and agreeing. I just think he votes without really thinking of the consequences (put me at l-1, and then Skye). So he probably didn't NOTICE X1's post and just voted anyways. Although, that seems weird... Isn't that a coincidence, he manages to get me and Skye at l-1?

He should still be considered.

X1-12

Smash Champion
It was bolded.

It was underline.

It had been quoted again for emphasis later in the thread.

Do you REALLY think he didn't notice it..? Think carefully

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
"This is true, we are all trying to learn the game and in Day 2 he has a chance to rebound. However, you do realize that if you support giving TGD a second chance, that leaves you as the main candidate for being lynched, right?"

I'm saying he shouldn't be cut off for inexperience/lack of knowledge.

Instead his actions should be why he would be let off.

But yes, I do understand that if he were given a chance, I'd be the one to go. Oh well, it would be for the good of town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Either he didn't read much (therefore NOT noticing it and other things), or he is playing dumb.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Whoa, I got lynched in my other non existent game without claiming... So I'll claim now. It's so people can actually catch scum.

Sorry if I was appearing scummy to you guys...

I... AM... DA COP.

X1-12

Smash Champion
IF YOU ARE THE COP, DO NOT OUT YOURSELF RIGHT NOW. WE MAY BE ABLE TO PROVE IF RAN IS LYING OR NOT WITHOUT YOU CLAIMING.

Lets think about this.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
unvote:TGD vote:Ran

The EXACT reason we were voting him was because of his actions. The fact that he's inexperienced shouldn't make us take his mind off of him for a slight second. I'm willing to let him live to day two just because you're a better suspect to lynch. I REALLY doubt that TGD is making all of these posts on accident or without reading. Sure, he came into the game hard-headed, but after the pressure was applied, he should have atleast fixed a LITTLE bit of that... instead it got way worse. It's not even a new thing, it's either a lurk and skim thing, or it's a "LOL I'M NOT GOING TO DO WHAT YOU SAY" thing. <_<

I'm not going to be here tomorrow. My vote stays until day two.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Joey, no one said you guys were voting for his inexperience.

It was in response to this:

"Originally Posted by Nabe View Post

TGD seems to be a bit of a parrot and potentially doesn't understand the scope of the game, but makes posts containing some knowledge at the same time."

The second part is fine, but not the underlined part.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Plus I said he should still be considered.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Earlier this game, You were told this by me.
1.) If you are a power-role, ie you are the Cop or the Doctor, it is very important you keep your powers hidden, Do not out yourself unless you are one vote away from being lynched (this is known as L-1) and there are other players asking you to claim. The only other scenario to out yourself is if you are the Cop and have a guilty result on a player.
Also I have seen your wall and I saw that Xiivi suggested you read the whole of Newbie 8, where Steel says the following (I copied it from him.)
2. Do not roleclaim unless you are one vote from being lynched (L-1) and someone who isn't voting for you asks you to claim.
Yet you claimed at L-3. Explain.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Whatttttttt? I thought I was l-2. Either way, it doesn't matter. I just noticed I did not get a chance to claim in my other game, and I think the time was right.

See, I knew Joey would come in and vote without reading.

Also, you didn't notice that I asked for advice about my lengthy posts, and not roleclaiming. I know when to role claim, and I thought now was the time.

You were all prepared to lynch me, don't lie.

BETTER NOW, THEN TOO LATE

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also, I don't trust this town much, I'm sure I'd be quick hammered anyways. But, hopefully the hammerer would be scum.

Top Bottom