• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Uhh suyon i didn't really get hit much for gliding. I usually only get hit gliding if im playing Nick or Esam so I try not doing it vs. them. If it works against someone I'm going to exploit it until it stops working lol

Also, generally females pick pit because he's "cute" I don't think Fyre did cuz of that tho =/ and I only picked Pit because I like having options.

In regards to the Nu avatar well on the ZSS social Sole had it and posted the orginal pic on the thread and susa then took it and Sole called him a jerk so then i took it and yeahhhhh xD I'll probably go back to Kanade soon.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Don't spread rumors..theres too many gay people in the Smash community for that to be hella believeable

either way if you didnt have a boyfriend I'd willingly show you im not gay

:cool:

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
...As if I'd ever go near THAT psh I've seen you and you gay! You look like seibrik get outta here with you not gay

Lol jk im just really bored haha ur actually awesome! tho...i still never wanna be proven to xD

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
lol im not confusing u with pitzer lol don't worry xD It was more like u being the black version of seibrik /sigh ud have to know seibrik to get the funny humour :D

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
xD Yup :) Oh you should go to Dallas!!!!! :) it's gonna be amazing well ill ttyl be on aim or something lol im going to TATEs =]

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
nah u don't look like seibrik xD and tko...tates is a anime+comic store annnd get money son! Just go on the corner of some street and try and sell yourself! or be a stripper?

Suyon

Smash Lord
I got T9th place today. So rusty but oh well had fun. Lost to Mk in pools then Martha and mk in bracket.

Oh Fyre ir pitsakeyblade. You played Kassandra in MLG DC a MK. She told me you use list of downthrow. What kund of setups you prepare for?

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
LOL i was watching that match at mlg. That was an amazing match. But i felt bad for kassandra she looked so sad after wards. but none the less good job fyre.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
LOL i was watching that match at mlg. That was an amazing match. But i felt bad for kassandra she looked so sad after wards. but none the less good job fyre.
...how was that amazing lol all i saw was a **** ton of tornadoes >_> like i wat rooting for kassy cuz i <3 her but....with all the tornadoes i went oh **** it

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Happy Halloween, guys! Kiraflax probably thought it was an amazing match because it was against two female smashers and because Pit actually won against a MK.
Yeah what setups w/ d-throw do you use?

& I am officially on the path towards improvement everday. I won't let you guys down this time, and I'll meet all of you someday.

link2702

Smash Champion
so here is me problem...

i want to(kinda..) get back into competitive brawl.....and most definitely...start to use pit again...

but for one thing...for over a year and a half now....i have not taken competitive brawl seriously anymore, definitely not been going to offline tournaments anymore for it, and as far as wifi goes....all i've done is basic brawl as c.falcon or some other low tier and goof off.

annnnd after what happened to me at a tournament....I got beat in the last match by a mk...who resorted to planking -_-; he went on to win the tournament, but thats aside the point...that was one thing that seriously sucked alot of the fun i had before compettiively with the game out...

then...later on...in another match....i faced a prick ice climber main who waited purposely till 300% after each cg, before killing me, then started to be a prick about it later on...

after those things that happened i virtually lost all respect for this game competitively, and went to melee.

but lately...i've been wanting to give brawl another chance....and yet i'm wondering if its even worth it now?..i'm so rusty that it'd take me forever to get back to what i used to be at the game...not to mention should i end up facing the same BS i did before with the broken bat of hell, or the broken eskimos, i feel like i'd lose the will again to play the game..

and yet after seeing some videos of some other pit players...they reminded me of why i found him so fun to play as to begin with....before i was completly convinced that camping was his best way to play, before i seriously feared the MK matchup more then snake(don't even fear the snake matchup in the slightest now.) back when i still found pit....fun to play...basicly back in 08

so ya, in short, i'm confused as to whether its worth my time going back to this game if i know i'll only see alot of the same BS that i dropped it for to begin with. @_@ :(

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Well it will always be there, and if you can't take the heat, then get out of the....

Brawl hasn't changed much since you left, but I think we do have more "top player." If you don't like MK or ICs, then maybe you really aren't competitive. If you were, then you would find a way to beat them, and wouldn't worry if you continued to lose because your goal would be to improve and make sure that you were prepared next time.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
oooor you can do what that saying says to do ^_^ "If you can't beat them, join them" I wanna be just another MK player! les do this

link2702

Smash Champion
its not really so much that i hate those two characters...as it is that i hate what both those players did with said characters....the MK planking and timing me out was pretty bs, as was the ic waiting till 300% damage before every kill, and then being a total prick afterwords, if thats all i'm gonna continue to see again in brawl is it worth it....?

trust me if i wasn't competitive i wouldn't of switched over to melee's scene.

i'm just seriously wondering if its worth my effort to try and get back to how i used to be at brawl, if its still gonna be plagued by BS like that, or should i just continue with melee entirely, watching many of folks pits in action lately has sparked my interest in the game again at least in the character pit...but i still wonder if it would really be worth it.

*EDIT: forgot to say that also i'm really just wondering if its worth trying to get good again considering i've slacked off entirely from competitive play in this game for over a year.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
You can try and get serious again. If it doesn't work out or you don't enjoy it anymore then it's whatever. It isn't taking up your life so it's not really that big of a deal xD Do what you want because it doesn't actually matter to other people if you play or not, you're the one who cares. I'd say go for it since you're debating playing again which means you kind of want to soo why not give it a shot?

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
You can try and get serious again. If it doesn't work out or you don't enjoy it anymore then it's whatever. It isn't taking up your life so it's not really that big of a deal xD Do what you want because it doesn't actually matter to other people if you play or not, you're the one who cares. I'd say go for it since you're debating playing again which means you kind of want to soo why not give it a shot?
Basically what Loli said. Go for it if you want to and at least try Pit out again. I'm sure you'll be back to your old self after you practice a little ^__^.

Awesome reply, Loli XD.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
its not really so much that i hate those two characters...as it is that i hate what both those players did with said characters....the MK planking and timing me out was pretty bs, as was the ic waiting till 300% damage before every kill, and then being a total prick afterwords, if thats all i'm gonna continue to see again in brawl is it worth it....?

trust me if i wasn't competitive i wouldn't of switched over to melee's scene.

i'm just seriously wondering if its worth my effort to try and get back to how i used to be at brawl, if its still gonna be plagued by BS like that, or should i just continue with melee entirely, watching many of folks pits in action lately has sparked my interest in the game again at least in the character pit...but i still wonder if it would really be worth it.

*EDIT: forgot to say that also i'm really just wondering if its worth trying to get good again considering i've slacked off entirely from competitive play in this game for over a year.
ok i have one thing to say yes u will find those few pricks and plankers but all in all the brawl scene is full of nice ppl and considering the meta game is advancing many ppl dont resort to stalling anymore EU players are starting to influence us more with their aggressive style but all in all there are more good ppl than bad in the scene so go for it and i agree with loli :o

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs &amp; FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
Uhm, at low percents I usually go for the Dthrow to Utilt or Uair, but that's not really safe cuz MK's Dair is stupidly good. Perhaps Uair to the side to avoid the Dair. I noticed that the Dthrow sets MK up for a either a sweet- or sour-spotted Bair at low percents. Either way it's a good combo starter. Usually a MK will airdodge, so if you read it correctly you can punish him well. Anyways, that's what I do. Hope that's what you were looking for...

Top Bottom