• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
can som1 find the kill %'s on olimar for the discussion plz find oli's MAIN kill moves and % they kill on pit and olimars death % against pits moves need this last bit of info as well some more counterpick opinions so i can do the write up summary!!!!

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Finally placed top ten in a tourney *.*
I post this here because I went pit for like half the matches.

I finally got this falco mu down! thank you pit boards!^^

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Finally placed top ten in a tourney *.*
I post this here because I went pit for like half the matches.

I finally got this falco mu down! thank you pit boards!^^
Please post it in the tournament results thread. It's near the bottom of these boards, lol.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
dont get me started about placings i would of had top ten my last tourney BUT WAIT NOOOO they had to pair me up with Seibrik =/

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Kuro just...distract seibrik or be like yo dawg you wanna go in the back and dooooooo something? Or say heeeey that chick was HOT and look behind him he'll turn around :) sure way to victory! xD JK but NLL i think does it by points or... something >_> meh

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Kuro just...distract seibrik or be like yo dawg you wanna go in the back and dooooooo something? Or say heeeey that chick was HOT and look behind him he'll turn around :) sure way to victory! xD JK but NLL i think does it by points or... something >_> meh
Nope cuz ive gotten paired with Sensei first round i just get so unlucky in bracket cuz this is who ive gotten, first tourney nick riddle then CO18 like a looooong time ago. Then i had a streak of gettin paired with CO, just recently...First match Meroknight second match Shaky next tourney First match Seibrik i got no luck in bracket yo

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Nope cuz ive gotten paired with Sensei first round i just get so unlucky in bracket cuz this is who ive gotten, first tourney nick riddle then CO18 like a looooong time ago. Then i had a streak of gettin paired with CO, just recently...First match Meroknight second match Shaky next tourney First match Seibrik i got no luck in bracket yo
Your johning bro; straighten up that mindset! :cool:

Just think about what you will improve on next time instead of johning about how you had to play (insert player) because you can eventually beat them if you put in the effort.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Your johning bro; straighten up that mindset! :cool:

Just think about what you will improve on next time instead of johning about how you had to play (insert player) because you can eventually beat them if you put in the effort.
Lol im not johning i was explaining to loli that our tourney organizer doesnt do it by points o.o ive nearly beaten a couple PR's fought m2k, and ive beaten ppl that beat pr's not to mention i spend 15$ on a tourney i know im going to lose just to get better so yaaaa i got the right mindsset boi :cool:

I had to play MikeHaze PLEASE GET OUT OF HERE
Lol rather fight a top marth than a mk

Nitrix

Smash Ace
G&W matchup being fun o_O? I find it difficult lol.

Marth is okay.....I find Snake to be a pretty fun matchup. It can be pretty frustrating for the Snake if they don't know how to handle Pit's tricksies.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
favorite matchups... Snake, Falco, GaW, D3, Donkey Kong, ROB, Fox, Charizard, Ness :)

Edit: I NEED HELP WITH DA DIDDY MU o.o i own the same diddy's that beat my pit with snake just cuz i use to spend hours on end training snake vs diddy with my friend who main(ed) him trying to learn what to do with pit but its really weird...i did three stock a good diddy though but thats cuz i was on fire that match...i need CONSISTENCY

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I play some wifi Diddies....here's what helps me

- I go to BF, or somewhere with platforms. Bananas are a bit trickier to manipulate, and Pit's U-Air is sexy because you can U-Air Diddy when he tries to get his bananas.

- Know the range of his tosses, don't get caught throwing out arrows when you should be spacing and predicting. If you are outside his range, feel free to just arrow camp and wait for him to approach. Anticipate and reflect!

- Keep the pressure on him when he spawns bananas, try to either get them first or stop hm altogether. If you are too far away, then arrow and make it annoying anyways.

- Angel Ring is great for screwing over an spammy Diddy. Know he is going to throw? Angel Ring and then capitalize.

- If you get a banana, don't be an idiot and always throw it right away, Diddy's will expect that and be ready. Sometimes holding a banana and then arrowing can be great. Forcing an approach with a single banana makes for mindgames.

- If you aren't confident with bananas, try playing as Diddy for a bit to get a feel. If you still don't feel good with them, you can always throw them up in the air. Better yet, throw them up in the air when offstage so that Diddy can spawn another for a few more precious seconds.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I play some wifi Diddies....here's what helps me

- I go to BF, or somewhere with platforms. Bananas are a bit trickier to manipulate, and Pit's U-Air is sexy because you can U-Air Diddy when he tries to get his bananas.

- Know the range of his tosses, don't get caught throwing out arrows when you should be spacing and predicting. If you are outside his range, feel free to just arrow camp and wait for him to approach. Anticipate and reflect!

- Keep the pressure on him when he spawns bananas, try to either get them first or stop hm altogether. If you are too far away, then arrow and make it annoying anyways.

- Angel Ring is great for screwing over an spammy Diddy. Know he is going to throw? Angel Ring and then capitalize.

- If you get a banana, don't be an idiot and always throw it right away, Diddy's will expect that and be ready. Sometimes holding a banana and then arrowing can be great. Forcing an approach with a single banana makes for mindgames.

- If you aren't confident with bananas, try playing as Diddy for a bit to get a feel. If you still don't feel good with them, you can always throw them up in the air. Better yet, throw them up in the air when offstage so that Diddy can spawn another for a few more precious seconds.
I usually win on YI and PS1 BF is usually even FD is bad... and i use to use didz so i am comfy with bananas and i use snake my TWO biggest problems with pit are

1) dealing with his pressure game up close cuz even jab gets punished at times(this one not as much as the next 2)

2) Punishing his banana getting idk if its cuz im fighting smart diddies like GDX or its just cuz idk how to punish it well

3) HOW DA FK TO APPROACH HIM cuz u are almost NEVER at a safe arrow distance and even pivot/SH pivot arrows spacing arent that amazing at helping for camping but like every single one of pits moves are unsafe on diddy especially if they shield so uhhh ?

Edit: Nitrix u should make me holder of the MU thread so when i do write ups i can just put em on there?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I love Pit, he saved my life. Here's how he did it:

I was at MLG Dallas, and I had to play Slushi next. I'm like "!@#$, some random yoshi main, most likely from Texas that I don't know about or something, and I'm gunna lose because I don't know how to deal with his !@#$, especially since he has the infinite chain grab on Wario past 50 percent..."

I pick up Pit, go to Delfino and Pictochat first two games and ****, 2-0'd with 2 stocks on both games I believe (or at least Picto). God I love Pit. Arrows to build damage, two reflectors to counter eggs with, greater attack speed, good KO moves... Yoshi dead :D This was my first time using Pit in "high level play" before. I never felt so good with a secondary man. Your guys' character is awesome, I wish I mained him.

as a side note, what you guys think of the GW vs Pit matchup? Would I have been better off trying to throw off UTDZ with my Pit?

Esca

Smash Champion
Krystedez, UTD plays against me regularly so not really against him.

After seeing all this stuff from Dallas, im picking up brawl again. Pit of course. :)

Krys, PM me!

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
What? Welcome bck Esca. & Krystedez probably has a secret **** Pit since he's such a good player and his skill is higher than almost all Pit mainers, lol.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Brent always did take after his father...

Gadiel Update me with GA tourneys, I wanna start traveling..
You should travel all the way down to a SFL tourney xD allllll the way down >_> it's hard driving out of florida /sigh it takes like 8 hrs :( and i live in north miami beach so im not even at the very bottom :(

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Gonna go straight Pit next tourney regardless of the fact i lack match-up knowledge i wanna do a test wish me lucky o3o

Edit: except if i fight IC's in which im going snake cuz i hate how gay u have to play with pit vs IC its soooooo boring >> albeit not that hard

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I saw NickRiddle begin_of_the_skype_highlighting*****end_of_the_skype_highlighting has Otonashi as his avatar and Loli has Kanade and I smiled a little inside =D
haha yeah ^_^ We plan on cosplaying them next year once I finish both our costumes and our wigs.

Esca

Smash Champion
Guys, someone tell me the next tourney I should travel to. I'm looking for ANYTHING to go to. What's yalls next tourneys?

And Skor, get at me son. VC9? How is school? I ain't heard from you in a while.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
i turned 18 in april xD But April 22nd coming up I'm turning 19 xD I feel old ugh I still live at home though but I'm trying to get a job so I can move out in like March cuz that's when my mom's moving out

Top Bottom