• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well i think snopy and cyve would be high tier as well with their placement at german nationals and regionals. glad im so highly rated too! and even though studying gets u a long way, you gotta be able to practice what you study :urg:

although i guess i should study characters like yoshi and zss then and start learning how the rare function as well as the common.

also, i will become known as the hollow fox of houston (im officially switching from pink gay pit to night suit and blue suit switching between those 2)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
well i think snopy and cyve would be high tier as well with their placement at german nationals and regionals. glad im so highly rated too! and even though studying gets u a long way, you gotta be able to practice what you study :urg:
Not really. One day a week is a surplus for me.

And i make the most of my tournaments.

Yet i'm constantly improving...

Hey maha you have a skype? I kinda want to start skyping with pits and have someone to discuss new ideas and just chat with. It facilitates ingenuity and growth.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ya i got skype, and im totally down for skype meetings among pit mains!

like my emblem of new age pit? (im deciding to try and be more cunningly offensive onstage and offstage instead of playing with time out patience with iron defense, and then just get read at the end of the match)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ya just pm me it or just post it here :)

Time out patience is still a godlike thing to have but i approve. Learning aggro pit helps with omnigay pit anyways.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
How do you study characters? What do you mean by "study" them? What things do you look @?
Even though i don't really study characters much( if a character is giving me THAT much trouble i just learn the character for a few months instead it's better to do that. And also better imo to study players[of any character rather than studying characters])

Here's some quick points:

Common setups-what do they use to press or gain advantages and how do they earn it
What actions are they adept at forcing and what can you choose in place of it to null that fact.
Typical spacing
Special traits/gimmicks
Weak spots-where do they take the most damage? How did they get there in the first place? How can they get out and how can you cover that.
Punishability of actions/moves

Oh ya and the obvious frame data.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
What they do most often. What they do to recover. What they do in tense situations. What they normally follow up with. Stuff like that.

One thing non top 5 pits need to work on is downloading your opponents style and taking mental notes for when history repeats itself during a match so you have that answer.

Btw our girl, Fyre, is in the Yass range maybe even better since she practices with seibrik. Practicing with pros will make you pro.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
What they do most often. What they do to recover. What they do in tense situations. What they normally follow up with. Stuff like that.

One thing non top 5 pits need to work on is downloading your opponents style and taking mental notes for when history repeats itself during a match so you have that answer.

Btw our girl, Fyre, is in the Yass range maybe even better since she practices with seibrik. Practicing with pros will make you pro.

:phone:
This applies for anyone and any character tbh. It's also why i love aggro pit.

Also, knowing your personal hmmm i guess i'd call it flaws? helps a bunch. You then proceed to pick up a character that will dull those flaws. Eg why i decided to use snake till after apex and it's making a huuuuuuge difference.

Eh she's around me/maha imo from what i've seen so far. Idk though she probably is around yass/ptzr.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
thing I posted in results, meant to post here lolol

We did a tribute to Judo's losing a match when using his Sheik's Upsmash on Logic's Olimar last stock death percent on PS2, and then accidentally pausing from mashing the c-stick, and then getting his match completely invalidated :(

I'm the one in the white shirt, blue jean-shorts up front lol. White as hell. Maybe I should do a pit pose next time.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wow guys i'm think i'm royally ****ed. I overslept and i missed my FIRST exam that's TWENTY percent of my grade and my teacher says THERE'S nothing else i can do...there's no way i can get a b in there now... i might lose my financial aid...and even though i can always get it bk after next semester...nowadays if they find a reason to take it away you don't get it bk cuz of the economy...i'm so scared :cry:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'd high tale it to the financial assistance department and explain your situation to them. And then the department of your particular course (math dept. if it's math, english dept if english, etc...)... Get some help over the situation, ask for assistance in dealing with the professor's unfair demands.

That's really harsh Kuro, I'd definitely focus on getting good grades from here on . . . If you can manage to keep them up they might consider your requests either way... If not at least get 78 of the remaining 80 percent; 78 is a B around here lol... But they might bump you up if you need a B >_< What college you go to?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
oh kuro.... hey man you know wat don't worry about the financial aid. things like that have a way of working out for the good even though they totally shouldn't. and just because you boink one class doensn't mean your aid is gone forever, trust me, there is always a way to get money. and you know you wat else, don't give up in that class just because the most you can get is a 79% unless you think you can do better. you have 2 logical choices, your first choice is to work your *** off and get that 79% and show them that even though you missed the first exam, you still want to pass with flying colors. your second choice is to drop that class and take it again later on so that you can get that 100% later on, but you absolutely must get an A or else it was a waste of your time; if you do that though tyr to replace that time in your day with a job or an on campus club. or start a club on campus and set it during that time.

don't worry kuro, this is one of those times where you're gonna have to accept how ****ty your situation is, and just work through. you're gonna have dark thoughts, and it will effect you're overall demeanor for a few days minimum. however bro, in the end you will be alright. trust me, i've seen my fair share of **** and i know i've got more coming. just keep chuggin along and your friends will help you out along the way :)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'd high tale it to the financial assistance department and explain your situation to them. And then the department of your particular course (math dept. if it's math, english dept if english, etc...)... Get some help over the situation, ask for assistance in dealing with the professor's unfair demands.

That's really harsh Kuro, I'd definitely focus on getting good grades from here on . . . If you can manage to keep them up they might consider your requests either way... If not at least get 78 of the remaining 80 percent; 78 is a B around here lol... But they might bump you up if you need a B >_< What college you go to?
Thing is i didn't even realized i missed an exam till 3 days after the fact(due to the way my schedule is) so i can't do anything about it cuz he released the key the DAY after :(
Wtf you doing not setting like 20 alarms when you have an exam in the morning.
Ya...i'm just about to say my roommate can suck my **** and just set my real alarm clock instead of using my phone.
oh kuro.... hey man you know wat don't worry about the financial aid. things like that have a way of working out for the good even though they totally shouldn't. and just because you boink one class doensn't mean your aid is gone forever, trust me, there is always a way to get money. and you know you wat else, don't give up in that class just because the most you can get is a 79% unless you think you can do better. you have 2 logical choices, your first choice is to work your *** off and get that 79% and show them that even though you missed the first exam, you still want to pass with flying colors. your second choice is to drop that class and take it again later on so that you can get that 100% later on, but you absolutely must get an A or else it was a waste of your time; if you do that though tyr to replace that time in your day with a job or an on campus club. or start a club on campus and set it during that time.

don't worry kuro, this is one of those times where you're gonna have to accept how ****ty your situation is, and just work through. you're gonna have dark thoughts, and it will effect you're overall demeanor for a few days minimum. however bro, in the end you will be alright. trust me, i've seen my fair share of **** and i know i've got more coming. just keep chuggin along and your friends will help you out along the way :)
Well, i did some checking, research on my fin. aid and requirements, and if i can get that C(which i will!) as long as i get an A in one other class i'll skate by barely...

tl'dr

Gonna be doing my best and i think things will turn out alright.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Oh, I forgot to post in this. I ended up using a lot more Pit than I did Sheik this weekend. Unfortunately I didn't get out of pools because I choked (at SiiS6) but I had a really close set with Judo (0-2 unfortunately) and then won against the 2nd seed in that pool Hadesblade 2-1 finishing out the set with Pit after going down 0-1 when using Mario.

I also kept it close with Nicole when we played in our MM, but still lost. I went Pit game two.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Pit makes Yoshi free don't he? :awesome:

Nicole got so lucky didn't she? :troll:

Juu you should just completely main Pit, and we should train together next time. I wanna see you get 1st seed next tournament with Pit.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Pit makes Yoshi free don't he? :awesome:

Nicole got so lucky didn't she? :troll:

Juu you should just completely main Pit, and we should train together next time. I wanna see you get 1st seed next tournament with Pit.
Oh ya, you have a skype? Or something u get on/frequently/semi-frequently at all?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Kuro I have a skype its the same as my username feel free to use it as IM service or w/e, I just havent been on much (Im on now but only cuz Skype starts up on it's own like a little bi!@h.)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Kuro I have a skype its the same as my username feel free to use it as IM service or w/e, I just havent been on much (Im on now but only cuz Skype starts up on it's own like a little bi!@h.)
Mmk as per my post b4 i just wouldn't mind having some pits to discuss w/every once in a while.
Particularly the pits that differ from me a bunch like you and maha.

And ofc the knowledge of luckay/ptzr is cool.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
Hello everyone! It's nice to see you all again ^__^. Sorry that I haven't been able to come as often as before. I've been really busy with things X__X. I have a long weekend this week, so I hope I'll be able to at least contribute a little bit before I go away again ^^;. Hope to see you all soon ^__^!

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time

jbandrew

Smash Lord
How does pit do against Diddy? Do you recommend him for diddy? I like pits style and I think the tools he has he can go... pretty even with diddy. thoughts?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Pit diddy is even from my experience. He can space really well and really abuse bananas well(not cuz of glide toss). I certainly enjoy it more than snake diddy simply cuz pit has a more abundance of options even though snakes options are stronger.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Eh like i said. Personal preference. Though i do admit i don't know the mu as well w/snake as i do w/pit. So that's prolly a big reason.

Aka u can use pit but don't expect it to be "free". It's an even mu. With your only benefit being most won't know it.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
reallly just beware of side b and fair. banana's aren't that big a deal for pit since you should try to keep the match near a ledge just in case and pit is really strong with a banana with his JCToss and his GToss.

Top Bottom