• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Anyways, I wish to discuss more teams whenever ready. After teaming with Randum yesterday to win a dubs wifi tourney (no need to bash), MK, and G&W may not be bad to me as partners after all, but I still like Peachy a tad better because we got team combos if I teach the Peach.
I suppose I am fascinated with team tricks, and adoring couples, which makes me a tad blind when it comes to partnering. I could always use some testing and experiments to see what we can come up with.
I'm glad you see that MK and the high tiers aren't so bad after all :awesome:

Try Falco/Pit, Lucario/Pit, and Diddy/Pit. Those seem like mad interesting teams I've always wanted to do.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I want to stay away from Diddy since i hate him tons, and I just don't like Falco, could conflict with my own camping a bit. I'll think about Lucario eventually, maybe.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, it's just I'm picky. I mean MK is just as common as a Zubat in a cave, except as broken as Garchomp back in the Gen 4 days. For G&W, I know he's a good partner, but sometimes, I worry about getting killed by him by accident. Tbh, I like those random team combo tricks during those 2v1 Situations, but trying to figure some potential ones are the hard part, though I got it covered with a Peachy partner, and all.
I wanted to do some testing to see if there's interesting tricks like that, and it'd be fun to perform them on the opponent, not just for combo vid material either.

As for the "Please Forgive Me" taunt of mine, I love to anger my opponents by doing that, especially to those tier addicts (or those who hate me, or brag a lot) losing to a Pit and such.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Well, it's just I'm picky. I mean MK is just as common as a Zubat in a cave, except as broken as Garchomp back in the Gen 4 days. For G&W, I know he's a good partner, but sometimes, I worry about getting killed by him by accident. Tbh, I like those random team combo tricks during those 2v1 Situations, but trying to figure some potential ones are the hard part, though I got it covered with a Peachy partner, and all.
I wanted to do some testing to see if there's interesting tricks like that, and it'd be fun to perform them on the opponent, not just for combo vid material either.

As for the "Please Forgive Me" taunt of mine, I love to anger my opponents by doing that, especially to those tier addicts (or those who hate me, or brag a lot) losing to a Pit and such.
I'd say MK is more like Salamence - we know he's broken, but he won't be banned until right before the next game comes out, lol.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Going wario on kain made sense. Why didn't you do the cg though lol
I dont need it. I DID try to do it though. It's just I can't buffer the turn around+grab motion in the heat of a bracket match for some reason. Same thing with Falco/DEHF. lol..

I think Wolf doesn't need the CG to beat soundly (+1 our favor even without it imo) but it's definitely nice to have. As one player said to me at the tournament:

"It's nice to know that you don't rely on the CG to get you the win like some Warios do, (and they get wrecked when they can't grab Wolf or have trouble getting in.)"

Krystedez, uptilt man. It's very good.
I'm still upset I didn't go because of my own region.
I'll try to utilt more, sorry. If I turn off tap jump I'll do it more I think. I'm so used to vanilla controls.

I'd say MK is more like Salamence - we know he's broken, but he won't be banned until right before the next game comes out, lol.
Good one lol..

BTW I'm planning on doing a combo video with Pit clips of mine when I go to another tournament, and using this song because it's got a good rhytm, perfect for video editting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omuYo49_SOQ

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We never had a Pit community CV. I mean the Mario users made a 4th one not too long ago, and it makes me jealous.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was under the impression that it was discontinued. That and we weren't really organized.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
First off Meta knight isnt as bad as people put him out to be.

Second off......!!!!!!!!

It has finally happened........ my friend whos in the BBR said that a poll just closed. metaknight will be banned in unity rule set 1.5.... meta is gone. *AP stares out the window at the vastly stretched out infinite sky, not a single word, phrase, or any type of utterance could be heard from his tiny voice box deep inside him or of any other creature this small world has to offer. As the seconds rolled past only the all mighty all omniscient God could feel the mysterious feelings the heart was burdened to carry for the world sat in a manner that could only be described as a time stop. Very Ironic wouldn't you say? The decision that the world has long since awaited, was merely too much for the world too handle. In the past 3 years there was such a force of hope that would abound in the heart, mind, and soul for such a decision to be to be passed. This Hope was merely used as a tool to limit the suffering and pass into the next day with eyes of smash looking towards the horizon of the soon to be bright future. This force from hope changed space, time, and even the laws of physics and reality in such a way that what was once complete is now broken (reality) and what was broken is now fixed (smash lol, even though im against the ban). As this bright future came upon the world, was it truely not ready for it? Was the key to this future really spawned by this force of hope? Will time cease to be ceased in this world? Is there any end to this rediculous story about nothingness? Was there any point to this story in the first place?

1) No not at all.

2) I really dont know, it was a bunch of bull made up to look like I am going deep.

3) Probably not ever gunna continous this story so... no.

4) ^^^

5) Surprisingly there is a lesson to be learned from this.

Hope deffereth maketh the heart sick (straight from the bible................... ni'gga) Strong Hope brings you strong confidance in the future allowing your max potential to be ever more closer. and at max potential of any person, anything is possible! Its time let our endless dreams guide our restless spirits again. Seize it! Raise your flag and stand tall in this world! (straight from One Piece..........................ni'gga)

Oh, and if you are a black guy, or any other ethnicity, get that job and start going cause you and I both know you just got so damn inspired.

inb4 anyone says right back at your ass , **** you

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So the tl:dr version is MK gets banned and dies, and we can rise. And careful with that one word up there that I despise (you should know which one, hopefully, and don't repeat it). MK had it coming anyways. Now we can make sigs about his ban if it's true.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Unity Rule set 1.5 will most likely be put into play after apex in january thats what a lot of people are saying but thats just rumor. the metaknight being banned though isnt rumor thats straight up.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It'd be a swell moment in the game with MK banned, so then I can focus on other characters, or at least Wario, Marth, Falco, Oli, G&W, and whoever else I'm missing, but again, MK deserved the ban for a long time.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so i think with his recent tournament results, we should let the guy who does character PR know that luckay is 5th best pit with and remove prince ramen since he hasn't attended tournaments in forever thus putting krys/esca at 3rd/4th.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
He pretty much has ALWAYS been inconsistent in tourney goings due to 2 things:

1) school
2) other videogames

Go out big while u can i guess eh?

Maharba...i can't really advocate esca staying on either. I haven't heard or seen much of anything recently.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
1. Koolaid
2. Kiraflax
3. Prince Ramen
4. Krystedez
5. Esca

^current

1. Koolaid
2. KiraFlax
3. Luckay/Krystedez
4. Luckay/Krystedez
5. Esca

I'd say keep Esca because he at least is from Texas took a lot of money with the character and goes solo Pit doesn't he?

Or am I wrong?

Also, me and Luckay co-main Wario and Pika respectively, though I think Luckay uses Pit a bit more where it matters. I took Pit out on almost everyone at SiiS6, but when things were looking grim (even matchups like Falco/Snake that I lose means I don't have the experience or skill to out play my opponent yet with Pit) means I go Wario. With Kain, that was an exception, just like MJG was an exception to my Wario. I don't think Wario does the best against TL, so I went Pit. But with Kain I didn't know if he had Pit exp or not, and if he did that would mean it'd be a hard match because his Wolf isn't like other Wolves. Plus I had experience playing Pain for many a match, and the matches just seemed to be real close, making me think Wolf is a pretty even match too, and that's not even Kain.

So yeah. I'll do work at a national or something with Pit, but I have to keep going to these locals/regionals to get him out more. I now know Olimar and TL like the back of my hand, Falco and Snake need work (but are doable), MK might be banned, but if not I can use Wario, Wolf is going to be nothing if I can learn how to use what I found out from fighting Kain with wario and apply it with Pit (camp basically and get good grabs he doesnt get outta grabs well) and then finally my worst nightmare Dedede I practiced on with both characters for a while so I should be set.

My biggest goal is going to be one of these two:

1.) Learn Pit's matchups to a T so I can stay Pit the whole time
2.) If that doesn't work, learn to practice switching between Wario and Pit mid-match so that I can stop messing up SH FF approaches with Wario and stop messing up arrow loops and spacing with Pit.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i can't wait until im a top 5 pit. and if you really want my opinion of the the pit american tierlist

1.koolaid
2.kirflax
3.luckay4lyphe
4.krystedez
5.??? tbh without esca idk who would take that spot.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Oh ya kryst i saw some things in your matches(and some lack of) if you want the input.

And i'll get 4th so there's no racial interpretations :laugh:

WE ONLY NEED ONE MOAR K!

:laugh:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Of course I want the input. I have a lot of trouble in some stuff.

With Oli I had trouble keeping a sufficient lead, and I had planned on timing him out SV game 2.
With Falco I just screwed up royally pushing for a grab and it cost me both times (upsmash killed twice. that made me so mad that no matter how much I DI'd that I died instantly)
With Peach ... just... ugh... I already know. lol... don't go there please.

But yea with oli and falco you can get a good idea of how I play. I also loop a lot more than that with other match ups (MK, Yoshi, Lucario, etc)... But yea my basic pit needs all the critique it can get, I just play with reads and such.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Got to play Stingers today finally. Got whooped, but it was the most fun I've had playing smash in a loooong time. First ever offline match against a player that can beat a lvl 9. It was weird cause it was like two worlds combining into one :p

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
okay guys, i don't care how low you say but i need to know what place/tier yall would place me in *looks at pit boards, stares at luckay who clearly must outclass me yet i still want to be his rival and take 1st out here over gnes and razer and that dojoknight. i mean will it ever happen in my brawl career? probably not, i don't get to play much and really only improve on those rare multiple day occasions and i don't feel like i improve much at all*

idk why i labeled that as an impression lol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
okay guys, i don't care how low you say but i need to know what place/tier yall would place me in *looks at pit boards, stares at luckay who clearly must outclass me yet i still want to be his rival and take 1st out here over gnes and razer and that dojoknight. i mean will it ever happen in my brawl career? probably not, i don't get to play much and really only improve on those rare multiple day occasions and i don't feel like i improve much at all*

idk why i labeled that as an impression lol
The key to brawl is not so much playing as it is studying.

imo

Top 5...then
Yass/ptzr
Snopy/kuro/maha
then the cadet angels aka

xcal sharkz abel

People excluded due to being too new for me to judge or not that many vids aka gadiel.

Imho opinion i'm not THAT far off from krystedez/luckay/ptzr. And i don't think you are either maha. (but you def need to study more :3)

Top Bottom