• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A mid tier tourney is going to happen on AIB again, and I feel stressed out if either of my partners aren't around. *shrugs* Because of my past horrid experiences, I feel seriously concerned about experiencing it again. I just hope one of them shows up. :(

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
A mid tier tourney is going to happen on AIB again, and I feel stressed out if either of my partners aren't around. *shrugs* Because of my past horrid experiences, I feel seriously concerned about experiencing it again. I just hope one of them shows up. :(
Well if it weren't today I'd suppose I would TRY and TEAM with YOU, BUT IM NOT WORTHY AM I?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, are you? Killing Kirby is something I need, and I kinda wanted to try being with various characters. I mean Pit and Peach are the possible characters I wouldn't mind teaming with in a dubs tourney. I might, just might try being with a Zelda, but not many good ones exist anymore.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
From Mid to below based on the list:

D: Fox, Wolf, Peach
E: Donkey Kong, Kirby, R.O.B., Pit, Sonic
F: Ike, Sheik/Zelda, Luigi, Sheik, Ness, Yoshi, Pokémon Trainer
G: Lucas, Mario, Bowser, Samus, Captain Falcon
H: Link, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Ganondorf

There you go. I seem to work well with a Peach that knows me completely well, and Pit's questionable. I needed to experiment more, but I didn't have time.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And I dont have much experience with any of em, well besides a bit of Ike, that of which we got beaten by a Dub Kirby team, and I hate them.

-Fox
Never teamed with one, dont trust em

-Ike
Decent experience, but I can't accept the problem with him being gimped, or an accidental death

-Link
Never even tried.

-Luigi
Didn't really work out well.

-Kirby
I hate him, but would it actually work?

It's harder than you think. I know there's most likely going to be a dub Kirby team again, and since I hate the MU so much, as well as I hate fighting Luigi, I'm not able to do much.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
stop *****ing if your gonna be picky. god reading these posts of yours reminds me of screaming babies at work (i host at chili's). damn dude, quit your *****ing and just play this game and have fun or stop playing this game and stop posting crap

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I wouldn't appreciate that flaming. If I am picky, then so be it. I just want to get 1st place for once on an AIB wifi tourney, and idk how much longer I'll be around, so the faster I do this, the better. Since it's a mid tier one, I'm happy that I don't have to deal with MK or G&W, but even I have weaknesses within the mid tier/below section.
I just prefer certain characters because I either like them, or am familiar with em, and I don't got time to experiment much, especially without having the right player who can use said characters well. Add that with me wanting someone I trust, no trolls, etc. It's complicated for me to have a team at this point.

If you really want to know the other stuff, it's simply that I'm feeling mediocre in singles, with little practice in dubs, so I'm trying to fill in my weaknesses 1 by 1, and finding the right partners who can be in-sync with me and my styles with the right characters is one of my missions.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Went and played dubz with AP today, sad to say we only got third, but hey we still did decent. Only 8 teams showed.

I used Peach once and we won but it was a hollow win, considering our first opponents were rather bad. (Peach is fun though)

We went 2-3 with both the teams we lost to in bracket :X Wifi lag is to blame for that loss against Cura or whatever. Stupid team, Rob and Pit. Then we had to face someone else and I forget grr...

Anyways I just try to have fun, I think AP has some agenda to fill >.>

EDIT: Maharba's just bothered about something or drunk or both, I wouldn't take it to heart. Doesn't normally call people out like that.

I swear you all have a reason for posting angerly, lol. But it's a social board. Good place to release that angst and sorrow.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Good thing I have tons of sorrow. I was in a small depression afterwards after losing to said trolls, even that stupid 13-year old (who I shall not name) who actually partnered with Cura in there (though I chose Krys to team with to rep Pit), but the 13-year old kid doesn't shut up bout the gloating and trolls a lot. My short depression almost made me quit Pit for another main that I wanted to search for, but someone sweet and nice (who I shall not name) helped me snap outta it. It felt like magic that took some of that darkness outta me.

Alas, I know how childish AIB is, but you know sometimes, temper can temporarily make you blind in terms of a few things, like believing yourself or something. But now, even though I'm still staying true to Pit (and Bowser, for whoever cares), I have tons more training to do, and hopefully I'll be back to my old self again.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Not the amusing thing I'm looking for ~_~
But I need to think of a solid partner, who has a ZSS or Peach. I just feel more comfortable with em. Maybe I should just stick to singles.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If possible, I will go all Peach with you next time. But you have to make sure you tell me what I'm doing wrong and right with her, or I won't ever learn!

Peach for doubles sounds so...fantastic.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
idk how Peach works as I don't use her. You may have to find a good Peach user for that. Another option is for me to find a ZSS or something as an alternative.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Aww man, my Peach response was so good too, I use her! It got erased >_< but basically, use her fast moves, turnips, and mix SH floating aerials w/ ground aerials, w/ Pit shooting arrows.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Quick gimmick from when I teamed with a Peach: Pit ---->Peach->Toad

Shooting arrows at Peach's back with toad out works great for edgeguarding and the like.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I prefer to jab Peach while she does that, with her back towards me (when she gives me a signal), so I can fire a quick arrow from behind to help with support, then repeat when necessary. It seems pretty good as a ledgeguarding technique, or against those on the ledge, pressuring them.

EDIT: I also can catch one of her turnips she throws in the air and glidetoss whenever to help as well.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
*shivers* That's um, dangerous to me. Well all the explosions would, and I'm still bitter bout the higher tiers. That and the 2 seem to have bad MUs with Oli, though if you had a Peach to team with, Oli shouldn't be too hard, neither would Wario be. Idk why I love the Peach/Pit team, besides them being a nice mid tier team... and um, couple... Don't judge me D: I just guess I have experience with em. Alas, GL out there.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Love this picture from the new trailer of KI: Uprising

And with a plethora of new weapons, I wonder how much Pit's moveset will change in SSB4.

If you haven't seen the newest trailer for KI:U, see this now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r4x6wEOOkQ&feature=player_embedded

Translation:
"With these wings, I live freely."
"The sky belongs to me!"

Pit: Palthena, who was that!?
Palthena: This is...A dark Pit, yes.
Pit: Uh, well that was quite to-the-point. Not even a twist.
Palthena: For a human, it's always for the best to be honest!
Pit: Uh, you do realise that you're a goddess, and I'm an angel. Not humans.
Palthena: That aside, Medusa's army is invading us.
Pit: Leave it to me! *leaves*

Pit: This is Pit! Here I go! Piece of cake!
Palthena: Surely you don't think you can go further just by shooting, right?
Pit: *tries to shoot metroid* Agh, projectiles aren't working! *metroid latches on* Hey, hey, stop sucking me! [not an innuendo in Japanese lol]
Palthena: You can only defeat it by hitting it.
Pit: I swear I've seen this enemy somewhere else... Maybe it's just me.
Palthena: There are many other kinds of enemies:
•The Shurumu [probably a pun on 'shroom'] can spread poison
•The Ganyumede reflects your projectiles back at you
•The Minos tempts you [i don't even know what that means, maybe it draws you near]
•You don't want to be found by the Shinigami
Palthena: It's important to know your enemies.
Magnus [the human]: Oh, an angel, huh?
Magnus: Death is finally catching up with me, eh?
Pit: Magna is incredibly strong! Look at that huge weapon!
Palthena: Pit, you have a lot of different weapons, too.
Pit: Oh yeah, the Jingi [literally, 'godly weapons']!
Palthena: Yes, these are weapons that have godly powers within:
•(Pit:)Blade, Staff, Claws, Bow, Palm, Cannon, Orbitars, and Arm!
Pit: Hm, what's this last one?
Palthena: The ninth one is the largest of the Jingi, the Kyotou [literally, 'giant tower'; official English name is not yet known].
Pit: That thing's huge! I don't even want to imagine how much it'd hurt to get hit by that!
Palthena: Aren't you glad you're not in Medusa's army?
Pit: I'm so glad I'm not in Medusa's army!
Palthena: Even within these categories of Jingi, there are different types of weapons.
Pit: Different types?
Palthena: For instance, there can be many different types of Arm weapons. Depending on the type of Jingi, they can have different characteristics, so you'll be using them differently, too.
Pit: Ooh! So we fight together with everyone, using the Jingi we've obtained!
Palthena: It's all about team balance!

Pit: Question!
Palthena: Yes?
Pit: What are these cards that keep popping up on the screen?
Palthena: That's a very good, scripted question!
Pit: Thanks
Palthena: These are called "AR Odooru Cards"...I guess it'd be easier to understand if you just take a look.
Pit: Oh! Whoooooaaaaahhh!
Palthena: They're cards that you can collect, watch, and you can make them fight!
Pit: Just how many kinds are there!?
Palthena: There's an exciting number of...*drumroll* *?* It's a company secret 8D
Pit: Riiiiiiiiigghhhttttt

Pit: Medusa!
Medusa: I'm excited to be able to cause chaos, once again!
Pit: I'll show you how much I've changed over the years!
*monsters talking in screechy voices* [I could try to pick out what they're saying, but it's just a couple lines, and probably unimportant anyway]
Pit: I, Pit, and Paltena will condemn you!
[voice that sounds like dark pit]: come at me! [bro]
Palthena: Alright, Pit! It's time to save the people from the clutches of Medusa's army!
Pit: Understood, Paltena!

Dark Pit: I am the one who swoops down on those who wield someone else's sword.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You um, surely got quite some translations, however you done it. Just make sure that we give regular Pit some attention, too. I just feel that many ppl prefer the original characters' dark forms rather than the originals.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You should inform the video owner and / or post it on the comments. Quite an attention getter. How did you translate it, yourself? Quite impressive.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Remind me to find more of those Uprising pics. I've been looking for the Pit/Palutena ones showing their "expressions" when they talk. They were shown somewhere, I think, but you know what I mean, right?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Palutena would be a good addition to SSB4!! Maybe even Madosa, but she seems more like a boss than playable character.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Medusa* But I prefer to see Palutena around if it makes us feel better. It'd so make her one of my mains along with Pit (and a pocket Bowser) if she's in. At least I've been waiting for Bowser Jr. too I guess, but I'll try out any Kid Icarus char chat comes along, but Pit and Palutena will most likely be my faves outta the roster.

Alas, I prefer not to make predictions about the characters yet. You know how it went when ppl wanted ridiculous stuff, like Dark Samus, Ridley, Megaman, that ugly puppet thing from Mario RPG, and Knuckles playable. Tch.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
UGLY?!

GENO WHIRL!!

anyways, yea, Paletuna, a darker-glowing dark pit costume, Magnus, and Pit would be great, with Medusa helping the villains.

Top Bottom