• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
that's my point bro -.-

look above i have mdva as a top level region. what i said for jrugs could be said about any new prodigy in mdva as well. im merely pointing out just HOW much better certain states are than others.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Namesearch Activated

Seagull Man nailed it.

• NY/NJ
  • Texas
  • Florida
  • SoCal
  • Maryland/Virginia
  • New England
  • Ohio
  • NorCal
Making a PR in a state not listed above is not that big an accomplishment.
There's well over a hundred unranked players in this country that could make top10 in any of the other states lol.

And yea, no way I'd make the PR for Md/Va. There's way too many good players there lol.
I'm not even that good x)
Though I'd kill for the opportunity to play everyone from that region.

Yo Seagull. I was one of the players in my city that apprenticed Jrugs throughout this year.
How's he done so far in your region? :)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I've been given this message that I wanted to help answer:

admiral pit: she's fine on most stages. RC would not be fun if there were gdubz/mks though. also, don't expect her to be able to chase fast characters or high jumping characters on huge stages like castle siege or even delphino or sumtin but it's fine coz in doubles she has a partner anyway and she prob shudn't be chasing ppl like that anyway.

idk what pit's best and worst stages really are though so i can't really say much more but you prob should pick one where pit has a lot of offstage freedom b/c arrows + peach flying around is really gay.

so ad pit, explain pit's methods of landing a bair kill.
___

So anyone wanna help? As for the Peach part, it was my question to someone about Peach's good/bad stages since I'm more curious bout teaming with one. In other words, it was one of those "trade info for info" types of deals.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Namesearch Activated

Seagull Man nailed it.

• NY/NJ
  • Texas
  • Florida
  • SoCal
  • Maryland/Virginia
  • New England
  • Ohio
  • NorCal
Making a PR in a state not listed above is not that big an accomplishment.
There's well over a hundred unranked players in this country that could make top10 in any of the other states lol.

And yea, no way I'd make the PR for Md/Va. There's way too many good players there lol.
I'm not even that good x)
Though I'd kill for the opportunity to play everyone from that region.

Yo Seagull. I was one of the players in my city that apprenticed Jrugs throughout this year.
How's he done so far in your region? :)
We haven't had a tourney yet to test his skillzors. He looks like a promising :snake: though. He also wants to learn :wolf: from me and I'm gonna teach him and make him into like my pupil.
It's just I'm so limited when it comes to dubs since it's hard to coordinate with me, or in other words, not many ppl I can be in sync with. There was one, who was a Peach, that was my best partner. That and I refuse to team with some chars, like a Snake or MK, especially MK. It just depends on playstyles, who can adapt to certain chars I'm bad against, and on various stages. Unfortunately, I don't have many ppl who can meet my standards.

Do tell about who those guys were *shrugs*

Like I said, I'm extremely picky. You can name me some characters that you'd think would work, and almost always, I have an answer. As for the players, it's hard to find one who can meet my standards, which is up there, and I've experienced a lot of bad things during dubs, even though I still like singles better.
Some say it's just an off day or bad luck. w/e it is, I hope it ends.

EDIT: Off topic, but still Pit-related, I watched the 3DS conference stream thing that just showed some more Kid Icarus earlier, and well, let's just say there was a glimpse of a Dark Pit around. Any thoughts or hype bout the game so far?
If you're going to be so abrasive about teaming with high/top tier characters then why don't you just team with a :fox:? :fox: is mid tier and can actually kill/do work on high tiers. :peach: can't kill at all, which doesn't help :pit: who lacks the ability to land a kill move with ease (Usually he kills with baited Bairs or whiffed Fsmashs).

:wolf:+:pit: would be a weird combination, but I want to team with Luckay in the future. It just would get wrecked by double :metaknight:, but :wolf: can tank and kill, which helps :pit: because he needs either someone who can kill or someone who can hold stock.

:dk2:+:pit: would be one of the best mid tier combinations I can think of because :dk2: kills and holds stock.

I'm sure you have your own input, but I don't see :peach: as "that" good of a doubles partner to someone that doesn't have an "auto" ability to lead into her Usmash like :dedede: (Hence, one of the reasons why Coney and Nicole placed like 3rd at SiiS4).

I'd like to see your argument because I enjoy controversy/input.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If you're going to be so abrasive about teaming with high/top tier characters then why don't you just team with a :fox:? :fox: is mid tier and can actually kill/do work on high tiers. :peach: can't kill at all, which doesn't help :pit: who lacks the ability to land a kill move with ease (Usually he kills with baited Bairs or whiffed Fsmashs).

:wolf:+:pit: would be a weird combination, but I want to team with Luckay in the future. It just would get wrecked by double :metaknight:, but :wolf: can tank and kill, which helps :pit: because he needs either someone who can kill or someone who can hold stock.

:dk2:+:pit: would be one of the best mid tier combinations I can think of because :dk2: kills and holds stock.

I'm sure you have your own input, but I don't see :peach: as "that" good of a doubles partner to someone that doesn't have an "auto" ability to lead into her Usmash like :dedede: (Hence, one of the reasons why Coney and Nicole placed like 3rd at SiiS4).

I'd like to see your argument because I enjoy controversy/input.

From my own experience I'm only good with a specific Peach. At the same time, I haven't teamed with many ppl who are either good, use certain characters, or can be in sync with me to meet my expectations.

-Fox
I wouldn't be able to find a Fox, and what possible team combos do they have? I'm fascinated with team combo potential.

-Peach
She's capable of taking care of Wario, Oli, and possibly a few other bad MUs (I forget) that Pit has. This Peach and I do have a few potential tricks that when we do get the opponent in a 2v1 situation, a fair % and a grab is all we need to deliver a good kill. If it isn't much, I can help her recover with a D-air by diving in after her while she's holding the umbrella.
As for the possible KO thing we made up or at least did before, it's a Pit-D-air > Peach Footstool > Pit Fsmash.
An alternative is Peach D-air > Pit Footstool (too bad I'm bad at footstools)/Pit Up-B windpush (you gotta be behind Peach) > Peach U-smash. Guaranteed or not, it's worked for me.

-DK
I can't find a DK that would play so well and meet my expectations. Then again, I still need to experiment. Maybe I'm afraid of getting killed by one of his smashes.

Tbh, I haven't teamed with many players who are good with some characters, and I would want to test for any possible mini combos or something. Plus I don't like teaming with the higher tiers (except maybe ZSS if I can find a great one). There's just various expectations I look for.

-The right character
A balance in MU advantages/stages. I'd want one who can take care of at least one of Pit's bad MUs (like Kirby, Marth, Snake, Oli, G&W, Wario), or at least the MUs I'm bad at. From what I know now, Peach does well against Oli and Wario. Plus If there's a stage Pit's bad on (like YI), I'd want a character who is good there so we don't have a stage that could screw over my team much.

-Adaptive
Someone who's good on some stages that I'm either bad on or that my main's bad on (like YI), could help, as well as ones who are good on my stages. My playstyle varies depending on the opponent and stages, mostly, and all. In other words, along with MU balance, Usually I need someone who can fill in some of my weaknesses, whether they're stages, against certain MUs, or even some of Pit's personal bad sides, like KO power like you said.

-Any potential team combos/tricks?
A character that goes well with Pit with possible team combos or tricks. Some tricks vary depending on the team and characters.

-Good enough
It's obvious that many of us want a good player to team with. I feel the same, not just because of my horrible experiences with bad/mediocre ones.

I'm not expecting a person to meet each requirement, besides the last one, but I'm just picky. Hmm, long message. I could make the message longer, but I want to break it down, so bare with me.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I've teamed with 2 different peaches in the past Admiral Pit, the team has a few gimmicks, but it won't get you that far.

Seagull, team for the next xanadu? Or maybe if Nova plans an event in between?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:pit: is bad on Yi? TIME TO CP YOU THERE LUCKAY. YOU CAN BAN EITHER HALBERD OR YI. MAKE THE CHOICE LMAO.

Maybe Aj. Depends if I get a better offer or not. I still promised Will I'd team with him so if he shows up then :wolf:/:dk2: is happening.

/caps

:018:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Peach I team with is the best partner I have. If I had more experience with good players that can adapt and all, I'd enjoy it having more balance. I do refuse being with MK, Diddy and ICs for sure though. Heck, I wouldn't mind being with another good Pit for some Arrow-Dynamics. :laugh:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
:pit: is bad on Yi? TIME TO CP YOU THERE LUCKAY. YOU CAN BAN EITHER HALBERD OR YI. MAKE THE CHOICE LMAO.

Maybe Aj. Depends if I get a better offer or not. I still promised Will I'd team with him so if he shows up then :wolf:/:dk2: is happening.

/caps

:018:
You'd be surprise how much I spend my time on Yoshi's. It's not a bad stage, it's a Soft Counter pick for people who hate pit's Glide crap

Pit/Sonic is gimmicky but I love it.

Edit: I prefer going Pit on Yi more then I do with MK

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I love Halberd just as much as you Joe lol, it's got the longest stage transformation out of the legal stages. If we end up going to Yoshi's and I don't feel confident I'll just go Pikachu.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Congrats! u.u

I still need to do some tests in dubs, so I don't have to just stick with a few characters so I can be better over all.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Where and what grab releases does Pit have on YI? Also Admiral, why are you so picky bro? High tiers are good w/ Pit especially Wario/Snake/MK. At least try Lucario/ZSS/TL those seem to be a little gimicky, but can definitely work especially Lucario.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'd rather be in a 1v2 situation than team with a MK. Snake too dangerous, and where am I gonna find a good Wario to be with?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yoshi's is good for pit in certain MUs, and believe it or not it's not bad for fighting wolf, it's actually pretty neutral. we can do some stupid **** there that shouldn't work but it does.

look admiral, let me lay down some good pit teams that don't involve the top tiers and some of their pros and cons. ill start off with one you are familiar with.

:pit: / :peach:

pros:

-this team is extremely safe. due to the speed and priority and disjointedness of peach's moveset pit can just plank arrows while she effectively 2v1's leaving him to stock tank. a lot of her stuff sets pit up to get kills and gimps as well, gimping being this teams main method of getting the kill.

cons

-they are both light, and without the other their to help them landing their kill moves is hard to do.

:pit: / :lucario:

-it's the anubis strategy but with pit plank tanking with arrows while there is a wild lucario on the rampage. kill power is no problem and neither is gimping since it is both pit and lucario. also these 2 seem to combo well off of each others moveset for some reason.

cons

-double MK

:pit: / :luigi:

pros

-since you were talking about covering bad MUs, luigi does good against olimar and isn't that bad against wario (it's barely a -1 against wario), and since pit's arrows allow weegee to get in this team does damage fast. they both have great recoveries. luigi can kill anyone in the game by 120% (and that is with exceptional DI) with his fsmash and shoryuken and arrows make landing them easier. hell arrows make his combos even more gay. also, we can launch weegee across the stage by doing a wing dash near him and this can be used while he is charging a smash or a rocket or something and it works really well. can sometimes get ridiculously early kills off of a fully charged fsmash with this tactic.

cons-

if you don't have good synergy, this team will fall apart. this team takes more actual teamwork than most teams. also if there is a marth involved on the other team, things become difficult since weegee gets bodied by marth. other than that this team is pretty solid.

well i could write more but im lazy.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Peach/Pit indefinitely <3

Never teamed with a cario before, need to test.

Teamed with a weegee once, not bad, but kinda strange. Any others later on? Again, avoid top tiers for the moment.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
wow just watched it, yass did good showin his style but needed to be more focused on gathering damage rather than settin up for combos so early. Like, just jabbing more and doing less dair woulda helped him.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Falcon should be up there. Probably over Snake.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
wdf how the hell did you forget sheik!

If i were to change that list i'd add sheik right next to falco and squirtles jab is def better than ours. I'd say we're 4th simply cuz the frame disadvantage.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well at least your opinions matter more than a poor little online Pit like myself, but I'm still proud of it -_-

I still wonder what else to do atm.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
You forgot Peach's Jab too..

Pit's Jab is okayish. It's not godlike.

Falco, Squirtle, Falcon, Snake, Peach have godlike jabs

oh and obv Ike since thats all ike's do anyways

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ya they all have fast jabs, but pits jab actually changes certain MUs much more noticably than some of those chars (jab drastically effects the mario, sonic, ddd, fox, and some other chars MU against us as it shut down a lot of options).

just because it's frame 5 don't mean it isn't ****ing amazing. i mean seriously, camping under a platform with arrows and jab forces a lot of characters to try and go around, at which time you just go to the other side of the stage and do the same thing

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
You out of all people should KNOW I SAY use Slow Jab, IN ALL MATCH UP'S. Get the guaranteed damage. I always say, Slow Jabs, Pivot Arrows etc.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
frame data is just one of those things that's good to keep in the back of your head.

Squirtle - Frame 1
ZSS - Frame 1
Falco - Frame 2
Luigi - Frame 2
Peach - Frame 2
Sheik - Frame 2
Pikachu - Frame 2
Ike - Frame 3
Snake - Frame 3
Falcon - Frame 3
Yoshi - Frame 3

I only know those, but I'm sure there are more frame 3's. For a jab to come out on frame 5 like Pit, it isn't that great. You should learn about other characters more Maharba, it will teach you what advantages they have over Pit because Pit isn't great at everything.

Top Bottom