• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well um, of curiosity, what would be a good place to get rid of a Falco? I mean I haven't played one in a bit yet (thank heavens, against you top tiers), but I want more than just Brinstar on my side. tbh, it's because I grow tired of those annoying kids who are either young or use high/top tiers having an ego worse than mine. They're almost as bad as those Halo fanboys, no offense to anyone who is.
Point is I'm tired of this one irritating AIB child saying I'm scared of high tiers, but he is a troll anyways, but still, anything to shut him up if he can't be banned.

for the tl;dr types, I need stages good against Falco (besides me using Brinstar) as a Pit.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Well um, of curiosity, what would be a good place to get rid of a Falco? I mean I haven't played one in a bit yet (thank heavens, against you top tiers), but I want more than just Brinstar on my side. tbh, it's because I grow tired of those annoying kids who are either young or use high/top tiers having an ego worse than mine. They're almost as bad as those Halo fanboys, no offense to anyone who is.
Point is I'm tired of this one irritating AIB child saying I'm scared of high tiers, but he is a troll anyways, but still, anything to shut him up if he can't be banned.

for the tl;dr types, I need stages good against Falco (besides me using Brinstar) as a Pit.
RC and brinstar are the best options. also, as odd as it may sound, PS1 can be a good choice as well. you wont need to fly under the stage often because most falcos wont chase you offstage, and the stage spawns scenery that makes lazers ineffective, but arrows still work. also, our planking on ps1 is amazing.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
-Smashville gives you good room for your arrows to loop above his reflector, plus with your platform-canceling ability, that gives you some breathing room for tactics.

-Rainbow Cruise, believe it or not, will give you plenty of opportunieis to screw him over. I advise practicing that place.

-If he banned RC, there's always Brinstar too, it's a decent CP against Falco imo, but he also gets boosted with his kill power being a little weak compared to other high tiers.

-My favorite stage has to be Frigate, but I havent had much time to test it out.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
-SV too common, and I'm sure everyone's used to the stage.

-I refuse to go to RC (The opponent may be desperate to switch to MK, or Kirby), let alone I hate RC.

-Brinstar is one of my prime places as is.

-Frigate only seems good to me if he's at the side with no ledge to grab onto.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The ledge while platform's in the air, of course. I'm just worried bout the low ceiling for quick star KOs, I think.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Haven't gone to church in a while and it's September 11th so I'll be a mini Gadiel and post a verse for today.

Psalm 147:3-5

3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
Nice! Amen bro!

shut the **** up.
Amen bro, ha--I will be praying for you! :cool:
somebody got the right idea. seriously someone should just make a thread for this kinda stuff because i don't dig religion anymore for a lot of reasons and i don't like reading it and seeing it and hearing it at all anymore. am i semi religious? sure a little bit. but seriously keep it separate from those of us who don't want anything to do with it. when i see that there is a new post on the pit boards and click it and it's the bible, i'd rather have not wasted my time clicking on it. just make a god thread or something for that kinda stuff.
I can't help but share about Jesus, dude he saved me! I don't want to see people go down the broad road that leads to destruction, but I'm sure I've shared plenty so you know where to come if you want to talk more; that doesn't mean I won't occasionally say something like I just did yesterday.

It's okay Maharba, it's okay to be angry about things. Whether or not you prefer to talk about your relationship with the Lord, you can still have the right idea about things, because, well, He's ALWAYS on our side. That's how I look at it...

Gadiel, I'll tell you something quickly though. Just because one does not go about walking their path with God the same way you or I do (which I believe even you and myself are quite different, brother) doesn't mean they're "missing out". God's children are all created equal to Him, and as I said, He's always on our side, because we are His children, believers, non-believers, half-believers, all of us.

As for 9/11, I've been praying about it, that nothing more happens like that again, and that the families and friends of those who were effected or lost in 2001 are recovering in spirit and mind, physically and mentally. I still remember that day watching it on the television in Middle School... (sigh)
Yes, God is on our side, but you still you know Judgement day is approaching and you know what happens to people if they are not in Christ right? How can they know if they are missing out or not if they've never tried or seen the other side? I don't want to get fussy about this because we already know that its about loving other people. It doesn't mean we can just sit back and NOT share about God.

@ Admiral--I like FD vs Falco. Just camp the sides of the stage because they can't side-b you otherwise, they'll SD. It helps a ton for me.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Amen, Gad. You're so straight forward, while my arrow attempts to strikes from all angles, you get straight to the point with a long shot. I think that's all there is for me to say.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Me too, I love yall...and God! Ha! yall are really missing out if you don't have a relationship with God--he's always there and you can talk to him anytime! Also, the love & grace he shows all of us is outside this world, and it's so much that its uncomprehending for humans.

Psalm 84:11
New King James Version (NKJV)

11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
The LORD will give grace and glory;
No good thing will He withhold
From those who walk uprightly.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 84:11&version=NKJV
The bolded part is exactly what i was talking about when i said watch what u say gadiel. That's not acceptable as it is exerting both pressure and basically saying someone is wrong for what they believe. Stop it.
Haven't gone to church in a while and it's September 11th so I'll be a mini Gadiel and post a verse for today.

Psalm 147:3-5

3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.
This is perfectly acceptable. Not obnoxious at all.
shut the **** up.
Lol u never post here anymore. Y u care? :p
somebody got the right idea. seriously someone should just make a thread for this kinda stuff because i don't dig religion anymore for a lot of reasons and i don't like reading it and seeing it and hearing it at all anymore. am i semi religious? sure a little bit. but seriously keep it separate from those of us who don't want anything to do with it. when i see that there is a new post on the pit boards and click it and it's the bible, i'd rather have not wasted my time clicking on it. just make a god thread or something for that kinda stuff.

also esca,

where were you yesterday man?
See above.
Says the guy who was okay with the kind of posts abel used to make. It's a social thread so you can ignore whatever you don't feel like replying to. Not everything is going to be about brawl lol.
I wasn't. Everytime he spammed after i became DL/mod i told him not to and deleted his post if it was just plain dumb like askfj;lsjf;aklsfjlaskfa.
Okay, enough, we don't want another flame war to happen -_-
Now Do a Barrel Roll!
I lol'd
your right. shouldn't drink in the morning. it makes me irratable.
Lol :laugh:
It's okay Maharba, it's okay to be angry about things. Whether or not you prefer to talk about your relationship with the Lord, you can still have the right idea about things, because, well, He's ALWAYS on our side. That's how I look at it...

Gadiel, I'll tell you something quickly though. Just because one does not go about walking their path with God the same way you or I do (which I believe even you and myself are quite different, brother) doesn't mean they're "missing out". God's children are all created equal to Him, and as I said, He's always on our side, because we are His children, believers, non-believers, half-believers, all of us.

As for 9/11, I've been praying about it, that nothing more happens like that again, and that the families and friends of those who were effected or lost in 2001 are recovering in spirit and mind, physically and mentally. I still remember that day watching it on the television in Middle School... (sigh)
I was 8. I didn't really understand it THAT much back then. Just that ik it was bad and i felt bad for the poor ppl.
Frigate, Lylat. Best Falco Cp's
This. I also love YI, brinstar, halberd, brinstar, and delphino. I love it when falco cps me to fd. Cuz i'd rather not go to bf haha.
Nice! Amen bro!

Amen bro, ha--I will be praying for you! :cool:

I can't help but share about Jesus, dude he saved me! I don't want to see people go down the broad road that leads to destruction, but I'm sure I've shared plenty so you know where to come if you want to talk more; that doesn't mean I won't occasionally say something like I just did yesterday.

Yes, God is on our side, but you still you know Judgement day is approaching and you know what happens to people if they are not in Christ right? How can they know if they are missing out or not if they've never tried or seen the other side? I don't want to get fussy about this because we already know that its about loving other people. It doesn't mean we can just sit back and NOT share about God.

@ Admiral--I like FD vs Falco. Just camp the sides of the stage because they can't side-b you otherwise, they'll SD. It helps a ton for me.
Read above.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
about the falco cps: lylat; brinstar and halberd all look great. I'd say delphino too, but a personal preference, and it has its drawbacks (kinda helps his recovery in the match-up)

about God: to each his own

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Brinstar's my main thing against many opponents. I need to do more testing, and practice, but I need practice, no matter how much i hate those high tiers.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yes, I felt that situation from that stupid Oli main back on AIB playoffs. I swear, MK needs to banned once and for all, to make the game fun again. I'm so full of anger today, and it ain't just because of trolls either.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yo gadiel. sorry bout how i acted when things got religious. i do believe in god and all, just nowadays after having lived as much life as i have i think he is a sadistic ******* so when people start talking about how wonderful he is i just kinda.... well i don't know how to explain it but something kicks off like when a nice dog suddenly gets serious.

so ya, just wanted to apologize

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
yo gadiel. sorry bout how i acted when things got religious. i do believe in god and all, just nowadays after having lived as much life as i have i think he is a sadistic ******* so when people start talking about how wonderful he is i just kinda.... well i don't know how to explain it but something kicks off like when a nice dog suddenly gets serious.

so ya, just wanted to apologize
It's alright brother, you're forgiven..ha! God puts you through situations to build your character, so don't think that all your suffering was for nothing. It's mentioned in James 1 if you ever want to read it: www.biblegateway.com

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I feel highly depressed after many troll issues that I've had, as well as my poor performance. I've decided that I hate Sonic mains now ever since that Ant person from AIB (who told me he was my friend) betrayed me... Hate dubs, he had to go and gloat after my dumb partner ganoncides me, then I accidentally SD, making me just leave randomly, and he decides to just save it and troll.
I just don't know what's becoming of me, as in I'm feeling like I'm becoming a weaker player all of a sudden. I'm sorry if none care, just it's hard for me to control myself during these sad times... I need to figure out what's making me lose my mojo, besides me having many bad partners.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
actually i just had 3 of the better players here in texas say they fear your pit on wifi so be hyped bro, texas's mid level players are easily PR in other regions. freakin jrugs match against seagull showed me that.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Why did I say about religion talk? It would bother some people. :/
It's not even religious talk, but I understand why you call what I'm saying that--you got to associate it w/ something.

I feel highly depressed after many troll issues that I've had, as well as my poor performance. I've decided that I hate Sonic mains now ever since that Ant person from AIB (who told me he was my friend) betrayed me... Hate dubs, he had to go and gloat after my dumb partner ganoncides me, then I accidentally SD, making me just leave randomly, and he decides to just save it and troll.
I just don't know what's becoming of me, as in I'm feeling like I'm becoming a weaker player all of a sudden. I'm sorry if none care, just it's hard for me to control myself during these sad times... I need to figure out what's making me lose my mojo, besides me having many bad partners.
Admiral Pit, bro you are an amazing player! You need to stop teaming w/ people worse than you! Team w/ people on your level like people 1700+ on the ladder, and don't have any pride--just do you & if there good then they will do them too.

Also can someone please explain the game's rock/paper/scissors to me? And how to apply it? I don't understand it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's just I'm so limited when it comes to dubs since it's hard to coordinate with me, or in other words, not many ppl I can be in sync with. There was one, who was a Peach, that was my best partner. That and I refuse to team with some chars, like a Snake or MK, especially MK. It just depends on playstyles, who can adapt to certain chars I'm bad against, and on various stages. Unfortunately, I don't have many ppl who can meet my standards.

actually i just had 3 of the better players here in texas say they fear your pit on wifi so be hyped bro, texas's mid level players are easily PR in other regions. freakin jrugs match against seagull showed me that.
Do tell about who those guys were *shrugs*

Admiral Pit, bro you are an amazing player! You need to stop teaming w/ people worse than you! Team w/ people on your level like people 1700+ on the ladder, and don't have any pride--just do you & if there good then they will do them too.
Like I said, I'm extremely picky. You can name me some characters that you'd think would work, and almost always, I have an answer. As for the players, it's hard to find one who can meet my standards, which is up there, and I've experienced a lot of bad things during dubs, even though I still like singles better.
Some say it's just an off day or bad luck. w/e it is, I hope it ends.

EDIT: Off topic, but still Pit-related, I watched the 3DS conference stream thing that just showed some more Kid Icarus earlier, and well, let's just say there was a glimpse of a Dark Pit around. Any thoughts or hype bout the game so far?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Uh...I had no practice when he MM'd me. I just came from doing doubles and didn't use :wolf: once in it. I never practice this game anymore except right before a tourney when it matters. After the MM I actually used :wolf: in like 10 friendlies with him and won every match because I had to get myself back into shape.

:018:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
my name is john. im living up to my name
lol dude get so angry y

but still a lot of "PR" in other states just straight up are about as good as what texas considers "mid or mid-high" level players. it's a fact. for example, if nike were to some reason move to arizona, he would definately be top 5 on their PR. but out here he is only considered mid-high. now for those of us in the various mid levels out here, we could probably be on that 10th-6th place range on that PR.

i wasn't saying you're bad at all bro, i was saying that jrugs has been playing in texas for barely a few months and is already as good as he is because of the level of competition he had to keep up with out here.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
nope. the best regions are (in no particular order) texas, florida, so-cal, new york (im counting state and city as 1), and that little group of states that are all really close (i think it's called MDVA but don't quote me on that). everywhere else has like 1 or 2 really good players, and then a bunch of people who are around the level i previously mentioned are what comprise every other spot on that PR.

So ya, im region biased. but ill say the same thing about people from above mentioned regions as well. i picked to use texas because i live here, but could have easily said florida, so-cal, or the others.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We already have a Dark Pit in this game as an alternate costume, and I just don't like the ideal of separate dark versions of characters. It's just like when some ppl were delusional bout having Dark Samus around. Alternate costumes, I don't mind, but as a separate char, not the best idea.
It'll make me half-sad that regular Pit may not get much attention anymore.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
lol dude get so angry y

but still a lot of "PR" in other states just straight up are about as good as what texas considers "mid or mid-high" level players. it's a fact. for example, if nike were to some reason move to arizona, he would definately be top 5 on their PR. but out here he is only considered mid-high. now for those of us in the various mid levels out here, we could probably be on that 10th-6th place range on that PR.

i wasn't saying you're bad at all bro, i was saying that jrugs has been playing in texas for barely a few months and is already as good as he is because of the level of competition he had to keep up with out here.
I won the matches 2-0...How can you even say that anyway...? Who uses "They almost beat so and so" as credible evidence to say something. I "almost" beat M2k and Jrugs "almost" beat me. What do you want to infer?

Arizona is awful. If Nike came to Md/Va then he wouldn't get PR'd. Neo and Kadaj have already left their stain on this region.

I'm Md/Va since you don't seem to know where I'm from lmao...

If I went to other states then I'd be PR'd too. That doesn't say much. Being top 5 in Idaho means nothing.
:018:

Top Bottom