• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
frame data is just one of those things that's good to keep in the back of your head.

Squirtle - Frame 1
ZSS - Frame 1
Falco - Frame 2
Luigi - Frame 2
Peach - Frame 2
Sheik - Frame 2
Pikachu - Frame 2
Ike - Frame 3
Snake - Frame 3
Falcon - Frame 3
Yoshi - Frame 3

I only know those, but I'm sure there are more frame 3's. For a jab to come out on frame 5 like Pit, it isn't that great. You should learn about other characters more Maharba, it will teach you what advantages they have over Pit because Pit isn't great at everything.
At anything. xD

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
like i said, it's not good because its speed (i actually knew most of that lol), it's good because of it's priority and range, which are very important. i mean who else has an infinite jab that actually is good for edgeguarding? and i already mentioned earlier how you can actually camp certain characters by just standing under a platform and waiting to jab them. it clanks projectiles, it beats spotdodges, you can semi tech chase with it for a little while. again im not saying it's faster than most of those, im saying that as a whole his jab is better than most of those.

and yes ptzr i know you of all people advocate jab use

and luckay i just want to point out i actually know a lot of frame data on a bunch of characters. i can recite most characters entire non special moveset frame data and some characters i even bothered learning special move frame data (mostlly just high tiers for that part though)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
ITs because all of the hits practically connect no matter what, to me, at least. That's why I think it's good. His regular 1-2-3 jab is immensely helpful and better ranged than Ike's first jab at least ( I think )

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
The direct connotation for a jab is a quick hit so compared to other jabs Pit's jab isn't that good. A lot of characters' 3 hit jab combos can be held until they land a hit like Snake or ZSS. Ganondorf and Zelda have pretty good priority and range too :awesome: I don't get what you mean by camping under a platform lol, who does that. It clanks projectiles, great but we have other moves to take care of those. Most jabs beat spotdodges so there isn't anything too special about ours.

When you ask "Who has the best jab?" to someone they'll most likely say Squirtle, Ike, Snake, ZSS, Luigi, etc. Pit won't come to mind is what I'm saying. It's a good move in relation to the rest of Pit's moveset, but not compared to other jabs.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
uhhh ikes jab is frame 4...

ANd pits jab is up there. The range and priority it has is pretty damn good.

ANd you know what? Those same people wouldn't know 30% of a piece of a **** about pit more than likely.

Peoples who's jabs are better than pit's by a good margin?
Ike
Squirtle
Sheik
Falco
Zss
Luigi

People close or at the same level
Snake
falcon
Yoshi

Each characters jab fits their moveset well. And so does pits.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Speed isn't everything. Once Squirtle fatigues, it loses alot of hitstun.

ZSS is also kind of....situational as its not safe on hit vs alot of characters. Falcon's jab is better than both of those, the rest of the character just...doesn't help it as much as it could.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Krys said:
His regular 1-2-3 jab is immensely helpful and better ranged than Ike's first jab at least ( I think )
I'd say about as much range, since ike leans forward, but more disjointed obviously (and it helps)

Kuro said:
uhhh ikes jab is frame 4...
nope it is indeed frame 3

I told y'all, just use pit's jab like mk's ftilt :troll: slow jab da bess

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ike's Jab is frame three.

GET DOWN *******.

Party Rock is in the house tonight, everybody just have a good time.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pit's walk is amazing. It feels like its the same speed as his dash + his horrible traction just makes it even better.

How much faster is dashing with Pit anyway? It doesn't really seem worth it to ever dash with this guy.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I want to see more pits use jab than dtilt honestly. Dtilt is good for sending them up sure, but not for racking damage and keeping away, what you SHOULD be doing instead of leaving yourself so damn open after getting your dtilt power shielded... At least with slow jab you can cancel into jab infinite real quick if they shield the first hit.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
If you don't think Luigi has one of the best jabs in the game, you have to be crazy. Luigi's Jab is one of the best thing about a character that people already fear being up close against.

That being said, hi (fellow?) Pits. I'd like to play Pittos against you again at SiiS, Krys. It was fun last time.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
lol luigi was mentioned as having one of the best jabs.

also, why will no1 critique the vids i posted?

namesearch bait for those who i have special interest in hearing from

koolaid, esca, kiraflax, luckay, krystedez, kuro, ptzr, fyre, rayvn, and that boy nike seeing as how 2 of those vids are you my good sir

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Boredom at this time, nothin to do. I really should find some artists for something. And of course, I'm still thinking of teams or figuring out what I need to do to improve... Well, that and I'm just waiting for plenty more Kid Icarus: Uprising information to come on by. I'll be all over it <3

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's definitely frame 3.

ZSS's jab is frame 1, so Falco's jab is frame 2, so Ike's jab is frame 3, so Snake's ftilt is frame 4, as a result MK's dsmash is frame 5, which means Snake's utilt is frame 6.

LOL but he's fun to play!
mmmm i remember some old frame thread had it as 4. But ya sounds about right.

*** mk. pits dsmash is frame 5. :awesome:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
no it's frame 6. and im gonna go look it up right now to be sure but tmk, fsmash frame 6, usmash frame 6, dsmash frame 5, jab frame 5, dtilt frame 6, ftilt frame 14, utilt frame 2.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I always thought it was frame 5, but the hitbox starts at 6.
what do you mean by frame 5 then? I thought you guys were talking about the first frame it hits on.

uptilt frame 2? wow, can i slide into people with it if i do it out of a walk? I gotta start getting super close and using it. Whats the gap between hits for AC nair-uptilt?

Maharba, you should get some stuff recorded vs me. We haven't played in a while.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DqDDNpBnE8

Some of you probably know Pit has the game's only platform cancel on stationary platforms.

You might not have known that you can do it from your second jump (or at any point during WOI). So, Pit can fly into a platform say from above and dtilt at the right height cancelling lag on landing. Or I dunno, maybe you did know!

Anyway, here's a vid showing it sort of.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
pit fsmash is frame 5
no it's frame 6. and im gonna go look it up right now to be sure but tmk, fsmash frame 6, usmash frame 6, dsmash frame 5, jab frame 5, dtilt frame 6, ftilt frame 14, utilt frame 2.
I always thought it was frame 5, but the hitbox starts at 6.
I thought f-smash was frame 8? & dash attack frame 6? Gosh, we Pits are definitely not knowledgeable on frame data.

Edit: F-smash is frame 6...hmm, that will definitely change some of my game, but dash attack is frame 7

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know I've been doing the first part of that for a few months already, right? A few who has played me before (Like Krys) would be my witnesses. The 2nd part, I don't think I've done that since I was too fascinated on doing the first part on BF a lot.

It's what Up-B does, when you time it with D-air. You can do it on BF, Lylat, Frigate, Halberd, and probably a few other areas I've forgotten about. However, you'll know I'll do it a lot (at times) on BF. I just use it to add to the mindgames and tricking players sometimes (when you add it with the old wingdashing), although it sometimes got me hurt, so try not to do it too much.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DqDDNpBnE8

Some of you probably know Pit has the game's only platform cancel on stationary platforms.

You might not have known that you can do it from your second jump (or at any point during WOI). So, Pit can fly into a platform say from above and dtilt at the right height cancelling lag on landing. Or I dunno, maybe you did know!

Anyway, here's a vid showing it sort of.
Yes we know it, but thanks anyway for the video. Admiral Pit does it all the time, I definitely steal a few of his tricks.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
idk wat u talkin about "we pits don't know our frame data" gadiel. i know my frame data very well.
Nah, your good, it's mainly myself that doesn't know other characters that well besides high tier >_<. Also, when Luckay said frame 5, lol, but its a fast move. And I seriously thought I was right at first, but I'm wrong & srry for saying that--there really was no need.

Edit: I was playing my friend earlier, and ggghrrrr! I have to hardest time playing proactively and thinking while I play. My mind is so undisciplined! Gghrr, I definitely need help & need to work on that. I can't seem to predict anything!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Heh, I'm such a little inspiration when it comes to doing random tricks. >.<

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Needs more Peach/Pit for a nice mid tier team D: Plus I still wanna think of team names.

Speaking of random stuff, you know what really grinds my gears? When I get angry bout high/top tiers, and some random person keeps mentioning that Pit's top tier in Japan. I mean like the person is first dumb by saying that when I'm in the U.S. I say that because the U.S. and Japan are 2 different regions with 2 different rules. Those "different" rules are the big reason why it annoys me, since we use more stages than Japan, a different amount of time, and more. At the same time, we each have different players, with different styles, and apparently Japan just has Pit popular. All that alone pretty much says my point. Seriously, those annoying AIB ppl who keep saying that really sickens me to my stomach.
For the tl;dr types, USA and Japan have different rules, different stage sets, and different players, and overall, those trolls who keep telling me "Pit is top tier in Japan" when I get angry at the higher tiers are dumb, and should never compare us to Japan, which again, has different stage and rule sets, and players, and that's what grinds my gears.

Random... I know... I really should check back on it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
But of course, I couldn't hate Pit, except for the noobs abusing him badly, or something. Still need more info bout Kid Icarus: Uprising again. The hype is getting to me again. D:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Admiral, I really feel that Pit is low high tier. So I do think they are right in a sense, why are you complaining about high tiers when you main one? Pit can definitely beat any character, but it definitely takes practice & skill since most matchups are equal--which means you HAVE to be the better player.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
But he won't be a top tier, and that's what they keep saying. They aint right until Pit hits top tier here in the U.S. which won't happen. And High tier isn't really top tier either, so I'll still hate top tiers more than the rest. I shouldn't discuss it much.

Top Bottom