• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Oh yeah @ Krys--I watched that last match vs Shugo on livestream...you could have won it if you used uair instead of that dair, lol. If you just replaced one move--you would have won...sad day indeed :->

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Oh yeah @ Krys--I watched that last match vs Shugo on livestream...you could have won it if you used uair instead of that dair, lol. If you just replaced one move--you would have won...sad day indeed :->
Hehe, maybe you're right ^^;... I just need to play more offline falcos. Filip got me doing all kinds of weird stuff in the mu from playing him on wifi, because he mixes up things so well. On the other hand, Shugo is quite predictable but it works so I have to do the same and just do Pit stuff I guess.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
For starters, say if my Brinstar is banned, and that Japes is banned, what stage to CP against the ugly bird (with reasons), and what stages can he use against me, besides cheap old FD?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
to CP falco, halberd is you BEST CHOICE. then lylat. then delphino. admiral, you need to learn how to abuse all that is halberd though. seriously. this stage is probably pit's best stage. if not it is definitely second best but idk what stage could be better for pit.

also, falco sucks at halberd. super gimp bait on the floating part, easy to outcamp and avoid on the second part. also, dash attack kills earlier as does dair and bair since they can't really DI it up so they will either get gimped or die from star or side KO.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
OMG HALBERD YES!!!

Learn Halberd, AP ^^ Show me how you do it too, I need to learn that stage more.

Also Frigate is good against odd matchups like Olimar too.

Finally Delfino is good for everyone imo.

I think you're most comfortable with Lylat though, AP, try that, but more than likely they'll CP MK if AiB doesnt ban MK.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Halberd aint too special to me. I still refuse to go there with a Snake or Fox. Now, the list doesnt say I should go to Halberd with Falco either. Lylat i try, and are you sure Frigate isn't a good choice? We really need to change the CP/ban list so I dont keep going by it, and you know I'll keep bugging for it.
Feel free to teach me Halberd, though, but don't expect me to go there with a Snake or Fox.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
To be fair though Krys, Shugo has had an MK since before M2K lived in Ohio. You likely just hadn't progressed far enough (in bracket) to see it. Or he thought you weren't enough of a threat for it. I don't mean any offense when I say this either. Either way it's under the bridge now (almost).

I'll continue to be haunting around this place and learning more about Pit as I try to improve. Look forward to talking to you guys more.

On topic:

Frigate has been my go to CP on Falco's, but ones that know me ban it... I should learn some new CPs.

:phone:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The old list says that RC, Frigate, Lylat, and Norfair (back when it was legal) are CPs against Falco. I get annoyed knowing it's an old list, and choose something like Lylat randomly, as relatively every Falco seems to ban Frigate. If Brinstar is allowed, I go there instead. Seriously, I feel dumb since I've been using this for a long time:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206886

Very outdated? You bet, but I've been using this for my matches for over a year now. It has helped me sometimes, though, but I can't rely on it forever.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
To be fair though Krys, Shugo has had an MK since before M2K lived in Ohio. You likely just hadn't progressed far enough (in bracket) to see it. Or he thought you weren't enough of a threat for it. I don't mean any offense when I say this either. Either way it's under the bridge now (almost).

I've seen Shugo only play with Meta Knight in tournaments I've been in at the same time. But not to say I'm surprised, I just didn't think it'd be that good. He's far more on point and less-predictable with MK.

Now he can't do that, so I plan on throwing out Lylat again and trying Pit next time again too.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I've seen Shugo only play with Meta Knight in tournaments I've been in at the same time. But not to say I'm surprised, I just didn't think it'd be that good. He's far more on point and less-predictable with MK.

Now he can't do that, so I plan on throwing out Lylat again and trying Pit next time again too.
Your Wario could have won! Lol, just a uair clap for the KO and it would have been over! Also, Admiral, since you are the Pit w/ the best ladder record, I wouldn't say you're too far off by using the CP list. Although, Halberd is a really good choice facing Falco and a really good stage to use Pit on in general. You can ledgecamp and go under like Brinstar as well as shoot arrows and uair/fair/aerial/whatever.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hey guys, what mu should we do next?(even though i'm highly disappointed in the wario input...>.> i'll have to do it on my own.Thankfully that's actually possible.)

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Sonic is soo dumb >_< ghhrr, how do you fight that runaway beast, lol. Arrows don't do anything, side-b is unpunishable from far away, and it gets beat by Jab cancel :/

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
PTZR lucario and gaw have already been done.(gaw not recently but it's been beaten to death enough by previous mu endeavors i'm just gonna stick with that)

Dedede was done as well =/

Oh ya pikachu SHOULD be up by the end of the week. I MIGHT wait to see what the pikachu panel has to say about certain things in mu backroom to get even better information for the write-up. if i do it'll be up whenever that discussion takes place.

Wario will be done at my discretion as i have to pretty much do it on my own...which is fine since it's one of my best known mu but i'd like to get it right since it's you know...not well known.

Diddy i'll have to go bk and review and be done pretty soon. Same w/gaw since i have to go bk and study old discussions for both of these guys.

I promise i'm trying to catch up on my projects. Love ya guys~.

Oh ya...so mu discussion suggestions?

1 for sonic so far...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
1 sonic one peach

You can vote any character and i'd appreciate if each of you would post 3 you'd like to hear from. Makes it easier.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
well i know some things about diddy that seem to work good when i play gnes's. he still wins but here are just some truths about that MU. but usually he just plays his wario on me because we have a lot of fun with those games.

stay near an edge so that even if he gets you with a banana you aren't really in a lot of trouble

don't try to reflect banana's with mirror shield, you'll get diddy humped

his fair is troublesome as it is fast than our moves that outrange it so keeping an eye on his fair spacing is imperative to this MU

don't be fancy, be safe. looping should be used as a defensive tactic or gimping tactic.

keith doesn't really tell anyone this but if you dodge diddy's uair, it is a frame trap for his fair.

insta-throwing and insta-catching banana's is a technique that you gotta master otherwise he'll always out banana you.

get him above you when possible, so getting grabs in is also a must, fortunately pit is strong with bananas.

understand that the easiest way to kill diddy is just to wait it out until he is at 165% and get in a DA.
I will keep this in mind. Thankyou for the insight.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Remind me how to kill Oli again so eventually, I can shut Lights up. That stupid annoying egotistical Oli main. I was told that Krys did beat him, but I aint sure since he likes to lie.
I'm getting tired of being a failure as it is.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I'd like to vote for Peach I guess.

I've done relatively well vs Nicole in MMs with him, but she's still a much better player and closes out our sets/matches pretty convincingly.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hate those who give me those stupid short, non-detailed information. I want something I can actually use. I lost my good mood. Just work on the info, and tell me what stages to really use, and I'll get to it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Peachy Peach here, if it helps D: I randomly seem to do fair against Sonic, and idk if that's instinct or not.

Top Bottom