• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I never said I was a Diddy main turned Pit <: I have 7 mains thank you very much. But I'm working on narrowing it down to 4 :s

(mains: Pit, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Lucario, Duomin (2 pikmin olimar, not joking...), Sheik, Pikachu

I'm thinking of sticking with:

Pit, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Sheik

and have Duomin, Lucas, and Pikachu be my "for the lulz" chars :)

kown

Smash Lord
Metaknight
Snake
King DDD
Mr G&W
Rob switched places with falco
Falco

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Diddy moved infront of Dk. i personally think he will be really good
DK
Pikachu
IC-
Kirby
Toon Link moved from middle to top tier
Pit

Middle
Wolf moved from bottom of top tier to middle tier
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Peach moved infront of ZSS n bowser
Zamus
Bowser
Luigi
Lucas moved from low to bottom of middle
Ike - im not sure if he really is middle tier but im not moving him since i have a biased cuz pit1000 times better in this match up

Low
Ness
Samus better than middle of low tier imo
Mario
Shiek i have no idea why shiek is good so im giving her the benefit of the doubt
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Cptn. Falcon

for the mos tpart i believe this is the better tier list, but this has been discussed by really intelligent SBR ppl so im not trying to insult thier intelligence.

well discuss the changes.

kown

Smash Lord
see i wanted to put ICs at top tier but the thing is that once u learn not to get grab and play an areal based game or just CP u have a great advantage. Actually at first i was discussing wiht Xyro and another friend why DK was so high but apparently he is fast, strong , and has good recovery . thats good enuff for me haha.

Esca

Smash Champion
In time, Diddy will actually be just below Marth. His bananas are too good. Also, i think lucario should be lower than he actually is. He's not very good. Falco should be in front of ROB because of the chain grab.

kown

Smash Lord
but thats the thing everyone is so used to falco... for example ill camp on edge against falco's. and allow my arrows to get reflected so i dont get chain grabbed. If that were the case than Ics should be pretty high also.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
There's no way that cat-eyed freak could be a higher tier than our angel! The ape I could understand since he could counter the 2 broken chars,
And since when did that piece of scrap metal and 2D pixel become top too!?
Well, at least Bowser is better than Ike, but that's probably something I can only agree on. Still, Pit should be higher than bottom high tier, above Cat eyes, and Pikajew! The only thing I see that rat being good at is spamming and that CG he does on Foxes, but he's nothing else.
I guess i should be thankful that Pit isnt mid anymore, but still!

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Kown if you are going to put tier list inside in the title, put in on the OP it will get lost in pages in a few days.

~Rogue I was thinking about what you said about making a vid thread for all the new Pits to show off there stuff. And if we made a thread, where you don't post in it to just talk, but instead i have a post that I update with whatever vids i get (god willing) then you have a post that you update with vids and so on and so on. That will make it easy to find, if you want to see vids you can find each persons vids with out clutering the boards......... Hell ill do it myself, Ill work on this when I get home, Im at school right now.

CY

Smash Ace
but thats the thing everyone is so used to falco... for example ill camp on edge against falco's. and allow my arrows to get reflected so i dont get chain grabbed. If that were the case than Ics should be pretty high also.
your pit is trash.

kown

Smash Lord
ill do friendlies. i dont see the point in MMs. but if u really really wanna i suppose. but we can can play friendlies for sure

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
lol you only hate cuz i beat ur falco at my first tourney, when u prolly practiced chain grabbbing ur enitre brawl career. haha falco suxs!
Ha! Falco aka Bread Boy got told there. If you dont like the angel, then...
"You're not ready yet!"

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
this is kind of random, but does anyone have a method for remembering all th countrys in Europe? (know offense Europian people but i haven't heard half of your ***** countrys) cuz i have a frigin test on friday and studying for it is driving me crazy!!!

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I entered my first Smash 64 tournament ever...

Except it wasn't all that serious. I beat the top players there by a lot (4 or 3 stocks remaining 1 vs. 1.) but the tournament was free for all, 4 stocks with items on medium (except the hammer) and on Hyrule.

I got to the semi's where I lost to my roommate (fox), DK user, and Jigglypuff user. I got the most kills in that match and survived longer than everyone except my roommate.

I got killed at 180 by DK, and got blown up 3 times, (Bob-om, exploding capsule on my foward smash, and got smacked into the motion sensor mine, in that order.)

I'm pretty bummed because I was by far the best there...

But my roommate won in the finals. And I destroyed in the consolation match. So we split the winnings.

I still need to find people who are around or above my level in Brawl here. Everyone I've faced so far hasn't even been close.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
see i wanted to put ICs at top tier but the thing is that once u learn not to get grab and play an areal based game or just CP u have a great advantage. Actually at first i was discussing wiht Xyro and another friend why DK was so high but apparently he is fast, strong , and has good recovery . thats good enuff for me haha.
DK has super armor on 3 of his moves: mega punch,Up+B,grab. this is VERY HANDY to know.

His tilts are fast and do good damage. His smashes all do MASSIVE damage and he can double bair in a short hop. Hes a beast. but he needs to drop a few spaces on the list though.

Kown is trash.

kupo15

Smash Hero
You are right but to clarify it a little more, the super armor is on the cargo carry and the fully charged mega punch I believe.

kown

Smash Lord
DK has super armor on 3 of his moves: mega punch,Up+B,grab. this is VERY HANDY to know.

His tilts are fast and do good damage. His smashes all do MASSIVE damage and he can double bair in a short hop. Hes a beast. but he needs to drop a few spaces on the list though.

Kown is trash.
dont let me bring out the g&w comeback.

He's top tier on Pokemon Stadium 2. ;)
yes haha AR on ice is truly amazing. lol

kown

Smash Lord
Originally Posted by Overswarm
With a few glaring weaknesses and nothing incredibly power to compensate, Pit becomes a character of averages. His recovery is great distance-wise, but when put into actual gameplay it is nothing especially of note; he can generally get back just as well as other characters in the game. His attacks, while good, aren't especially impressive. His specials, while annoying and unique, don't send him to the top. He doesn't even have that many matchups that seem to be incredibly in his favor!

It is true that Pit has a few things slightly above average, like the damage of his relatively quick forward-smash, the power of his bair, the excellent positioning created by all his throws, his edgeguarding tricks with his down+b, or the power and priority of his glide attack. However, these things have yet to be used effectively enough by a Pit player to show that Pit can be as dangerous as other characters.

It is extremely possible that a Pit player could learn to use arrows to position his opponent into a certain area when recovering so that Pit can edgeguard for the KO with his down+b or a gutsy Pit player could start getting his KOs by glide attacking while his opponent is attempting to recover, but for now Pit's game has become stagnant and filled primarily with gimmicky ATs such as arrow looping or wingdashing that have yet to really propel Pit's metagame. A push back to basics is primarily what this character needs to compete with the other characters that are filling the upper echelons.

yea i kinda disagree with this a lot...and im sure some of you guys do.

discuss.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yes, I also disagree.

Pit doesnt have that many matchups that seem to be in Pit's favor!? He can combo well against the big chars, can easily gimp those with poor recovery (like Ike or Link) with something as simple as shooting an arrow to eat their jumps, or using the Mirror Shield as mentioned.
It is somewhat rare to see me Glide attack towards a recovering opponent since it leaves one vulnerable.

I gotta get back to that when i come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom