• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Kown/Adm....your both trash!
Nice Try! Enjoy getting beaten by my Angelic WoP since Samus is one of the chars most vulnerable to them.

Reminds me to work on my new trick known as "Cross Arrow Strike".
And Kupo, its been a month now, those supplies... I seriously need them.

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
A samus player. he made a video and claimed to be better then Tudor and Rohins put together.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
well the guys above you only know me from my combo vid. but everybody else knows me from melee. I played the game for 7 years and i have been posting on this site since 2003.

Not to mention everybody looks up to me because ttheir trash!

With the exception of about 3 others, kown may be the best pit here. adm you might be better than a level 7cpu, im not sure.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
After some matches with Rogue today, First off, I have to say that I lost... All of the matches. I even tried my Cross Arrow Strike, and yet that failed as well. I really am losing my confidence.
Then he talked to me afterwards on AIM, and some of the stuff he said really got to me, not in a bad way though.

"take no offence, i merely wish to help
truthfully you have to potientol to be the best pit player
i don't
i merely watch and wait
you have the creativity
timing
and understandment of basic movement"

The thing is, that you still beaten my advanced arrow abilities with the basics, and I dont feel that good if i lost when using all of the tech, especially when you only used the basics, no tech, with the exception of arrow loops. You told me i was using some at the wrong time, and I think I realized it, but I was so obsessed with getting good stuff for my combo vid that I didnt even see it.

"remember
watch, wait, and react
you always win"

This really made me drop a tear or two, considering how he really thinks I got potential? You got potential simply by beating me, but I was devoted to my arrows that I worked hard to make the Cross Arrow Strike.
I wish for you and some other angels to help me out. I think Im not seeing stuff that I need to know.

Again Rogue, Thanks for everything that you have said. I felt a bit depressed and weakened til you made me feel better.

kown

Smash Lord
sometimes pit players make things more complicated than it should be. just watch your vids and try new things that are simple. At the same time that doesnt mean you have to give up on your arrow tricks. just save it for the perfect timing and not the maybe scenario.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
sometimes pit players make things more complicated than it should be. just watch your vids and try new things that are simple. At the same time that doesnt mean you have to give up on your arrow tricks. just save it for the perfect timing and not the maybe scenario.
Exactly.

Wingdashing to avoid attacks may not always be the best option. Sometimes, arrow loops just aren't worth it. Special techniques and tricks are fun, and can be very effective, but shouldn't comprise most of your game. They have a time and a place where they are most effective- and mastery of when and where to use such things will give you a guaranteed edge in battle.

Rogue's advice to just sit back and wait for opportunities works a lot better than one might think. Even top players make mistakes, and especially with the heavier characters [but nonetheless true with any character] a simple mistake on their part can be their undoing. Observe, play defensively, and read your opponent before doing anything rash. I learned this the hard way by coming in neigh last at a tourney I attended last weekend.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Exactly.

Wingdashing to avoid attacks may not always be the best option. Sometimes, arrow loops just aren't worth it. Special techniques and tricks are fun, and can be very effective, but shouldn't comprise most of your game. They have a time and a place where they are most effective- and mastery of when and where to use such things will give you a guaranteed edge in battle.

Rogue's advice to just sit back and wait for opportunities works a lot better than one might think. Even top players make mistakes, and especially with the heavier characters [but nonetheless true with any character] a simple mistake on their part can be their undoing. Observe, play defensively, and read your opponent before doing anything rash. I learned this the hard way by coming in neigh last at a tourney I attended last weekend.
Didn't you beat Panda by camping? >.>

I don't remember ever seeing you lose because you did something rash. In fact, I remember you saying you needed to work on your offensive game.

I agree that lots of Pit players make things too complicated. Personally I'm planning on drastically toning down my use if Wingdashes in my game.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Didn't you beat Panda by camping? >.>

One match 9_9 yes, and I hated every minute of it. I wanted to win at any cost. =/

I don't remember ever seeing you lose because you did something rash. In fact, I remember you saying you needed to work on your offensive game.

You should have seen the friendlies on Friday. :X

I agree that lots of Pit players make things too complicated. Personally I'm planning on drastically toning down my use if Wingdashes in my game.
It's a great technique if used at the right time, but yeah, using it randomly can end up hurting you. I really never used the wingdash until I saw you use it effectively a few times. I still don't use it enough to the point where I remember to use it, though.

Doctor X

Smash Lord

One match 9_9 yes, and I hated every minute of it. I wanted to win at any cost. =/
Hmm... who was you other win in our pool besides Rogu? I know you won at least two sets, cause we were both 2-2 when we played. Did you beat Infern?

It's a great technique if used at the right time, but yeah, using it randomly can end up hurting you. I really never used the wingdash until I saw you use it effectively a few times. I still don't use it enough to the point where I remember to use it, though.
For a while I was using it as a response to almost everything because I wasn't sure which situations it would work in and which it won't. I'm figuring it out but I'm definitely still stuck in the habit and get punished for it often. :(

kupo15

Smash Hero
I agree with all of you. Pits AT's dont break his game like WD did in melee. They CAN be overused and abused to a point where it is ineffective.

Wingdashing does work because the start up is fast and it is unexpected. Arrow looping works when they are not expecting it and you use it at the right time.

I really toned down my wingdashing a lot and only used it when needed and it worked wonders. Even if it isnt for dodging attacks, I like to use it if I feel my spacing isnt right. It can also be confusing to an opponent if you use it really well for mindgames like the QAC.

This game does not need AT's to be an excellent player. It compliments the basics to make you a superior player.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... who was you other win in our pool besides Rogu? I know you won at least two sets, cause we were both 2-2 when we played. Did you beat Infern?
I only ever won two matches: one against Panda and one against... I think I beat Infern once. I never won any sets, though. All and all I did really poorly. :|

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I only ever won two matches: one against Panda and one against... I think I beat Infern once. I never won any sets, though. All and all I did really poorly. :|
Hmm... The pool scoring sheet was wrong, then, cause I remember being really tense cause you and I were tied before we played and we were both each other's last set in the pool. :dizzy:

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I agree with all of you. Pits AT's dont break his game like WD did in melee. They CAN be overused and abused to a point where it is ineffective.
WD didn't break the game. In fact, it was risky to use just like the wingdash because it lagged a bit and forced you to click one of your triggers, leaving you unable to tech for the following 40 or so frames.

kown

Smash Lord
Dr X, you use it so much. A lot of times it hurts you.
woot QUIVO is here! and i think Dr. X has toned down his wingdashing. lol my controller is half broken because i wingdash a lot. lmao. I dont think one can wingdash too much (IMO) but i think ppl use it at wrong times.

also, did you guys (dr x and NxC) meet at a tournament or something?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
also, did you guys (dr x and NxC) meet at a tournament or something?
He was in my pool, along with Overswarm, SamuraiPanda, Infern Angelis, and Rogu. I had to play him last and according to the pool sheet, the loser would be eliminated... If he didn't beat Infern, Panda, or Overswarm, though, then I'm not sure how that's possible. >.>

kupo15

Smash Hero
Hey I think next week is pit what do you think?

This character is definitely a fun one to play, and those who play this character seem quite dedicated to the character. There aren't too many top players who use this character, but those who decide to main the character can generally use the character well, and you'll see a couple placing fairly high in tournaments (if not much higher, in some cases). When the game first came out, many people thought the character had much potential but the character's inability to KO was going to hold the character back from being too good. However, those people may have been proved wrong if you look at tournament results. Patient users can make this character better than most people expected.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit deserves the attention. I myself can be patient many times, and what I see in Pit is that he's one of the best (if not the Best) Gimper in the game. I mean that he the Gimp master.
Shoot arrows to eat up jumps, Mirror Shield recoveries to kill them, even MKs

Using the Wings to mess up certain recoveries, like The earthbound kids and their PK thunder. Even arrows could kill the projectile to KO them

One of my common strats, F-air WoP Ikes, and sometimes Links or heavy chars, but especially Ikes.

Use the Up-B near an edge to quickly grab on to it, and maybe prevent an opponent from recovering, depending on the situation.

Looking at the beginning of Sage's combo vid, against the Marth... It's too good, that i had to share it.

And now about my C.A.S....

Doctor X

Smash Lord
howd u do in the tourney? place? and how many?
I took 17th out of 46 entrants. I won 3 out of 5 sets in pools, one set in winner's bracket, and one match in losers. Sadly I was paired against my crewmate Smash64 right after playing frickin' DSF second round. -.-

I did get him down to one stock in our second match, though. Much better than I expected to do. :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
What will set you apart and make you better than every on else if working on your THINKING. This goes for all characters and all match-ups. Simply out think the foe and you will see some very interesting results.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Had my first day of college today.... books are a pain start saving now kids you'll need it, also I found a web sight for getting cheap/used books called campus book rental.com if any of you are going this year and wanta try to get them cheap.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Had my first day of college today.... books are a pain start saving now kids you'll need it, also I found a web sight for getting cheap/used books called campus book rental.com if any of you are going this year and wanta try to get them cheap.
We'll have to make sure you don't come here too much instead of studying :p
Also w/ school starting monday for me I can't come here nearly as much :(

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ya I won't be on as much it depends on the home work and what not right now. Im taking writing, (a strong point for me ive been told other then my spelling :p) commuication, (another strong point and easy class). I have those every monday, Wendsday and friday for only 50 min each right after the other and the day ends before 12. Then every tuesday and thursday i have: math, College study, and sociolgy (a fav of mine and a great class) and that day ends before 12. So i should be fine. But I need to get a new job for all of this. :(

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Ya I won't be on as much it depends on the home work and what not right now. Im taking writing, (a strong point for me ive been told other then my spelling :p) commuication, (another strong point and easy class). I have those every monday, Wendsday and friday for only 50 min each right after the other and the day ends before 12. Then every tuesday and thursday i have: math, College study, and sociolgy (a fav of mine and a great class) and that day ends before 12. So i should be fine. But I need to get a new job for all of this. :(
Wow that's a quick day! (Except for the job part :p) The funniest thing about this post is right when you said you were good at spelling you misspelled the next word XD. :p

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
No I suck at spelling hard core. I plan on typing all my papers and spell check my heart out. I can write meaning fully I have writen papers on religion for classes before and people thought I wright for fun but I can't spell at all. Noone in my family can spell its kinda funny.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
I was actually good at spelling in middle school, before I used the computer more than once a week. Now I just use the spell check.

I'm probably not going to be on a much either. I'm moving to Philly in a week and my schedule *****.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
God I hate school. I could buy a great hooker for the cheaper then this AND IM IN UTAH. (I hope my gf doesn't read that lol) It wouldn't be so bad if the hole K-mart thing wasn't going on, but its a pain in the ***........ I need a hug :(

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
silly kupo afraid of looking gay, there is nothing wrong with it. (I don't wanta start something AGAIN) And I know your not you told me about your gf.

Also wish me luck on my way to another tourny.

Also 2 some gang keeps tagging the back of my house (we live on a hill with a sement wall over looking part of the city) the city has taken care of it (its happened 2 times in the past week or so) but in the message they said that they'll be back, so I think im going to keep an eye out for them tonight. Ill try and get a pix of it if they do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom