• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

KΩS-MOS

Smash Rookie
Isn't the symbol on the Zohar an hebrew letter, the "aleph" one? (which looks similar to the letter X).
I don't think I ever saw the one pictured in the leak, although I must say it has been a long time since I last played the 3 PS2 games.

Edit: I think the original Zohar doesn't have a red hebrew letter on it, but each Zohar copies do have a letter on them, one being "aleph".

Last edited:

Xelha

Smash Rookie
Have y’all seen this yet?

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/489591434

anyone recognize that symbol? I only played episode I and part of II so I can’t say I recognize the symbol or its significance to Xenosaga. I was sort of expecting the Vector Industries logo
I thought at first it was the Testament symbol, but it's not. And it's definitely not one of the Hebrew letters on the Zohar emulators. That image is most likely fake anyways, but I still feel like I've seen that symbol before somewhere.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Have y’all seen this yet?

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/489591434

anyone recognize that symbol? I only played episode I and part of II so I can’t say I recognize the symbol or its significance to Xenosaga. I was sort of expecting the Vector Industries logo
That is the Greek Symbol for Ethos, which is also used as the emblem of the Ethos Society (aka the Church) in Xenogears. It is not used for any of the Zohar Emulators in Xenosaga (which are instead marked by Hebrew letters).

The concept of Ethos [Character. Used to describe the guiding beliefs or ideals that characterize a community, nation, or ideology] is central to Xenosaga's narrative, but the symbol itself is of little to no import for the series.

Last edited:

KΩS-MOS

Smash Rookie
I thought at first it was the Testament symbol, but it's not. And it's definitely not one of the Hebrew letters on the Zohar emulators. That image is most likely fake anyways, but I still feel like I've seen that symbol before somewhere.
It seems kinda familiar, but if it is that difficult to find where it is actually from, it is already too obscure I suppose to be real (although even if the symbol was the Zohar instead, that leak would still seem fake anyway).

That is the Greek Symbol for Ethos, which is also used as the emblem of the Ethos Society (aka the Church) in Xenogears. It is not used for any of the Zohar Emulators in Xenosaga (which are instead marked by Hebrew letters).

The concept of Ethos [Character. Used to describe the guiding beliefs or ideals that characterize a community, nation, or ideology] is central to Xenosaga's narrative, but the symbol itself is of little to no import for the series.
Thank you for the info concerning the symbol.
Yeah, I don't remember seeing it in Xenosaga specifically.

Xelha

Smash Rookie

Thank you! THAT's what is! I kept thinking I've seen that symbol shows up on a screen somewhere in one of the games. It's used for an attack in Xenogears. I knew I recognized it from somewhere.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this question has been asked yet since I'm new here, but if KOS-MOS gets in, which version of her do you all think we'll get?

I'm hoping for Version 1, with Version 4 as an alt., or vice versa.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
How many of you guys actually played Xenosaga?
I've been playing through the first game recently, and I'm really liking it! Liking the cast a lot more than I expected. I had played it a bit before, but never got too far for some reason. I'll definitely beat it now, though. I'll try and do the others too.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
So this was in my Youtube recommendations:

KOS-MOS absolutely does rock!
You too huh? I suspect we've been watching Xenosaga music and the algorithms decided this was both Xenosaga and music.
I beat all three games years ago, but I was playing through the story in the most direct way possible, so I missed much of the side plot.

Zebulun

Smash Rookie
I had and played all three on the PS2, though the discs got tossed when it broke T-T I also replayed them over the summer on my quite inadequate laptop, and finally managed to beat the second one! (curse you, stupid space pope)

Xelha

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this question has been asked yet since I'm new here, but if KOS-MOS gets in, which version of her do you all think we'll get?

I'm hoping for Version 1, with Version 4 as an alt., or vice versa.
Considering her XC2 design is based more off of her Version 1 look I think they'd go with that to make it more recognizable. They'd just have to cover up her back-side a bit.

Version 1 is still my favorite too.

I've owned all 3 for years and played all 3 twice several years ago and I'm ready for a third time when we get a remaster collection.....

zferolie

Smash Hero
So havent been here for a bit, all i missed was a laxchris leak(lol always fake), and a random 4chan thing? We that dry on speculation huh?

I never played a xenosage game as i dont have part 3 and dont want to play 1 and 2 till i can get it... but 3 is rare and super expensive

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I never played any Xenosega game or even Xenoblade game for that matter. I support KOS-MOS because she looks really cool and looks like she would be fun to play with in Smash. Who wouldn't want a smokin hot, swiss army knife, gun loaded robot.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Considering her XC2 design is based more off of her Version 1 look I think they'd go with that to make it more recognizable. They'd just have to cover up her back-side a bit.

Version 1 is still my favorite too.

Ahh... Right... I see what you mean :love::love::love:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I might as well throw in my two cents.
I'm completely aboard the Team Real train for KOS-MOS, because when Sabi and Vergeben were slaughtering characters left and right like a Level 3 Sentry Gun from TF2, KOS-MOS suddenly got Sabi and Verge acting coy. Vergeben supposedly deconfirmed her with Bandai-Namco as a whole, but he quickly backtracked. Sabi had also said that FP5 was in the redacted list of deconfirmations that Verge made that day. That's three for three in KOS-MOS's favor.
As much as KOS-MOS is a "meh" character to me, I'm at the point where I'm so convinced that it's her, that I'll honestly miss her if it's someone else.
So I guess I'm with you guys now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I might as well throw in my two cents.
I'm completely aboard the Team Real train for KOS-MOS, because when Sabi and Vergeben were slaughtering characters left and right like a Level 3 Sentry Gun from TF2, KOS-MOS suddenly got Sabi and Verge acting coy. Vergeben supposedly deconfirmed her with Bandai-Namco as a whole, but he quickly backtracked. Sabi had also said that FP5 was in the redacted list of deconfirmations that Verge made that day. That's three for three in KOS-MOS's favor.
As much as KOS-MOS is a "meh" character to me, I'm at the point where I'm so convinced that it's her, that I'll honestly miss her if it's someone else.
So I guess I'm with you guys now.

That's an interesting take let's see if it becomes real...

Last edited by a moderator:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Never played Xenosaga but KOS-MOS has a cool design so count me in too.

Anyone mind cluing an outsider in on what she could do?

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I missed out on Xenosaga since I grew up with the GameCube instead of the PS2, but I really liked KOS-MOS in Xenoblade 2 and I'm totally down with buying the trilogy if it's ever remastered.

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
I played all 3 games years ago, though I played 1 and 2 after getting and beating 3 when it first came out, so I did play them out of order, lol, but even still 3 was one of my favorite games on PS2

Xelha

Smash Rookie

She has many different moves to choose from. Guns, punches, kicks, arm cannon, arm blade, arm hammer, arm drill, and so on.

And if you want to see how she fights story-wise in her games.

I forgot Erde Kaiser could be her final smash too. It's a giant robot she can summon and it's the name of her mercenary group in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

It's hard to find non-spoilery gameplay of her doing it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She has many different moves to choose from. Guns, punches, kicks, arm cannon, arm blade, arm hammer, arm drill, and so on.
With that in mind, I can picture someone who can just do whatever everyone can do: she can be a brawler, swordfighter, and gunner all at once.

D

Deleted member

I’m expecting her not to be a fast character since her higher stats are Strength and defense. Pretty heavy too.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Don't mind if I do. I'll be reposting this here:
Allow me to Red Pill you on the sort of stuff she can do in Smash:
And I know what you're thinking... If they can include Bayo stripping for her Final Smash, they sure as hell can censor D-TENERITAS. Or just not include that move at all and use X-BUSTER instead.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
So since Dinah is on a break from here, I took the liberty to look up the last time someone asked who had played Xenosaga, Here was Dinah's response:
I played all of them starting from Xenogears to 100% completion. If it helps, Xenogears and Xenosaga are my favourite games of all time and KOS-MOS is my favourite video game character! I have also finished Xenoblade 1 and 2 100%.... these games are just my favourite. And like Lynn said, I'm sure a remaster of Xenosaga will happen soon. It is only a matter of time but I can't wait to replay them all over again and get every single trophy! While not many people know the series in the west i'm pretty sure KOS-MOS is recognizable alone because of her iconic X buster and she herself is a icon for Namco.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Dinah, when will she/he be back again? Was wondering that if we get a January Direct then I can page her on the information we got.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Speaking of Dinah, when will she/he be back again? Was wondering that if we get a January Direct then I can page her on the information we got.
They mentioned on ResetERA (they post over there semi-frequently as well) that they probably wouldn't be back on SmashBoards until Character #5 was revealed for a variety of different reasons including some burnout specifically with SmashBoards itself if I'm remembering correctly.

D

Deleted member

I take it that Dinah was the one who created the Thread?
Yep. Apparently Dinah created this thread right around...pre-Smash Ultimate release. Hell, Dinah was also present during the Smash 4 DLc season, and it's clear that KOS-MOS support has been here.

Top Bottom