• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
So I just thought about it...you know how people have been arguing that the copyright takedown would say "Nintendo of America " instead of "Nintendo "? Couldn't it just be Nintendo as a whole? Because of course there's Nintendo of Japan and Europe, just not America of course. So It would make sense to me if it just said "Nintendo ".

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So I just thought about it...you know how people have been arguing that the copyright takedown would say "Nintendo of America " instead of "Nintendo "? Couldn't it just be Nintendo as a whole? Because of course there's Nintendo of Japan and Europe, just not America of course. So It would make sense to me if it just said "Nintendo ".
It's based on pre-existing evidence, and even then, people are still dismissing it regardless because the takedowns don't amount to anything. Their argument suggests that the Megalovania fan remix that was taken down months prior to Sans' release was coincidental. Make of that what you will.

Xelha

Smash Rookie
I've mostly been a lurker, but I've finally decided to show my support and post, and with a question.

When it comes to videos being taken down by copyright claims/strikes, earlier this year multiple Xenosaga Episode II OST videos were blocked on YouTube by the soundtracks publisher Victor Entertainment, Inc. out of nowhere. Lot's of videos that have been up for years.

Videos with just the audio. Up since 2013.

But cutscene videos as well have been muted. Also up since 2013.

I know it probably doesn't mean anything since Nintendo's name isn't on it anywhere, and music can get claimed at any time for any reason of course, but it's odd because it's seems to be only certain tracks that keep getting claimed by different uploaders.

- Opening theme
- Chase
- U-DO - Febronia
- Lamentation
- Assault

It's just something to talk about for now I guess.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I've mostly been a lurker, but I've finally decided to show my support and post, and with a question.

When it comes to videos being taken down by copyright claims/strikes, earlier this year multiple Xenosaga Episode II OST videos were blocked on YouTube by the soundtracks publisher Victor Entertainment, Inc. out of nowhere. Lot's of videos that have been up for years.

Videos with just the audio. Up since 2013.

But cutscene videos as well have been muted. Also up since 2013.

I know it probably doesn't mean anything since Nintendo's name isn't on it anywhere, and music can get claimed at any time for any reason of course, but it's odd because it's seems to be only certain tracks that keep getting claimed by different uploaders.

- Opening theme
- Chase
- U-DO - Febronia
- Lamentation
- Assault

It's just something to talk about for now I guess.
It's funny you mention this, because I nabbed some tracks from the trilogy to have some tunes to listen to. Chase was one that never came up on youtube, except for the dreaded takedown notice, so I had to grab it on a vgm site. I honestly wish I had an answer for your question, as a friend of mine did mention the other day that Xenoblade 2 music was being removed as well. The most mundane and straightforward response I can offer is that Victor Entertainment, Inc. and all owners of the music simply wanted to restrict the soundtracks entirely, which would make this a sucky coincidence if it goes nowhere.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Victor Inc took down Music?

That is so close to a joke I've been meaning to say for some time that KOS-MOS doesn't belong to Nintendo, Monolith OR Namco, but rather Vector Industries.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It's funny you mention this, because I nabbed some tracks from the trilogy to have some tunes to listen to. Chase was one that never came up on youtube, except for the dreaded takedown notice, so I had to grab it on a vgm site. I honestly wish I had an answer for your question, as a friend of mine did mention the other day that Xenoblade 2 music was being removed as well. .
I'm still able to access them though on YouTube. This is still ominous though. VGMs have taken a massive slaughtering this year (and I'm personally still pissed at it), and of course its going to get worse.

Wouldn't mind hearing more of this, despite that I can't hear the term Copyright Takedown without my heart rate increasing.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sharing this from the Geno thread. Yeah, LaxChris.jpg but still

So did anyone else see that LaxChris video talking about a supposed leak that says we're getting a general Nintendo Direct on Dec 31st? It claims that we're going to see some more footage of Breath of the Wild 2 along with some other upcoming games. Then it will end with the smash reveal of KOS-MOS who will be accompanied by "the DOOM and Geno mii costumes".

I'm calling total BS. DOOM is Bethseda and Geno is SE. Why the hell would those companies have their costumes come with a BAMCO rep when they could have released Geno with Hero? Also, why on New Years? Having a Direct on that day seems really weird. Why not wait until the first solid week of January when everyone is back from vacation? This just sounds like some mouth breather's attempt to sweep Cacomallow under the rug. Not buying it.
To be fair, a Konami costume (Goemon) and Indie costume (Sans) came with a Microsoft character (Banjo).

but yeah, a New Year’s Eve Direct seems odd, and the fact KOS-MOS doesn’t come with the Heihachi/Lloyd/Gil costumes from 4 is very suspicious.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, I don't think I buy it.

Yes, we did get Goemon and Sans costumes with Banjo & Kazooie, but I get the feeling that that would be the only time we're getting multicompany Mii costumes with a DLC character. Besides, if we're getting a new Nintendo Direct soon, then right on New Years' Eve is kind of an awkward date. I, for one, think it should be the day after Christmas. Thursday Directs have been done before, and it's still close enough to New Years' to hype people up for the first new games of the decade.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah, I think the date for the Direct is stupid, and I agree that it's a vain attempt to throw the Cacomallow leak under the bus (assuming it's still legit). Let's avoid leaks altogether. So far, not a single one has been right all year EXCEPT for the first Cat Leak for getting the Buddy code on Banjo right.

D

Deleted member

Have you guys seen that Card Wars Saga game? It’s been out for a while, and couple of characters like Kos-MOS, Link, Cloud, etc

Xelha

Smash Rookie
It's funny you mention this, because I nabbed some tracks from the trilogy to have some tunes to listen to. Chase was one that never came up on youtube, except for the dreaded takedown notice, so I had to grab it on a vgm site. I honestly wish I had an answer for your question, as a friend of mine did mention the other day that Xenoblade 2 music was being removed as well. The most mundane and straightforward response I can offer is that Victor Entertainment, Inc. and all owners of the music simply wanted to restrict the soundtracks entirely, which would make this a sucky coincidence if it goes nowhere.
That's funny too because trying to find Chase is exactly how I found out too lol.

I don't know whats going on either but hopefully we'll have some kind of answer in a few weeks.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Have y’all seen this yet?

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/489591434

anyone recognize that symbol? I only played episode I and part of II so I can’t say I recognize the symbol or its significance to Xenosaga. I was sort of expecting the Vector Industries logo
Hmm...this is interesting. It’s not blurry like leaks usually are, it’s got a symbol that’s simple enough to use, 17 songs is a good count (SNK kinda spoiled is with their songs ngl), and it doesn’t appear to be photoshopped in. I have a good feeling about this one.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm...this is interesting. It’s not blurry like leaks usually are, it’s got a symbol that’s simple enough to use, 17 songs is a good count (SNK kinda spoiled is with their songs ngl), and it doesn’t appear to be photoshopped in. I have a good feeling about this one.
Just to make sure it’s not a mod: there’s no mod yet for adding new series music right?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
of all the things that are easy to photoshop, a static image of a menu as simple in design as ultimate's is one of the most easily photoshoppable

proceed with caution

FightingGhost73

Smash Cadet
I think that image is fake, wouldnt they use a symbol a bit more recognizable from the series without having to delve too deep into it? I can believe the 17 songs but for a still image and the logo.... its hard to trust it

Rikarte

Smash Ace
The the way the duration is written doesn't line up with the way it is in game. In this image it is "X:XX:XX" while in Ultimate looks "XX:XX:XX"
Screenshot_2.jpg
So yeah, this is fake. KOS-MOS is still in tho

Natlo

Smash Cadet
I feel like I've seen it before. Can't say why though. The non typical symbol threw me though. You would really expect a Zohar or the Vector logo, wouldn't you.

D

Deleted member

Guys. It’s a 4chan leak. Ignore it. It won’t make KOS-MOS more or less likely.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Definitely fake, but points for originality since they didn't make Xenosaga's symbol the entire Zohar.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Assume all leaks that try to put KOS-MOS at the forefront to be bait. Someone or some group has a vendetta against her, hence their reoccurrence. If and when she's confirmed for real is when we can metaphorically style on 'em. Otherwise, please please PLEASE refrain from giving them attention.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
I'm not trusting leaks or anything of the sort anymore lol. Props for the logo and all though. I also agree that the Zohar would be a nice logo should she actually make it in.

D

Deleted member

Assume all leaks that try to put KOS-MOS at the forefront to be bait. Someone or some group has a vendetta against her, hence their reoccurrence. If and when she's confirmed for real is when we can metaphorically style on 'em. Otherwise, please please PLEASE refrain from giving them attention.
If my friend Ben Holt Ben Holt is to think about this, he'd say KOS-MOS would be a lock for FP5 because tons and tons of fake leaks are now popping up with KOS-MOS in it. This goes with Doom Slayer, Geno, Hayabusa, etc.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
If my friend Ben Holt Ben Holt is to think about this, he'd say KOS-MOS would be a lock for FP5 because tons and tons of fake leaks are now popping up with KOS-MOS in it. This goes with Doom Slayer, Geno, Hayabusa, etc.
I'd freaking flip (in a good way) if it turns out that all of these constant leaks eventually led to a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. Not even for any sort of care toward the rest, but just the hilarity that every fake was true to some degree. Imagine the collective faces of people who get their most-wanted, but have to share a seat with other people they dislike. Pic-related:
getting_alone_shirt.png

D

Deleted member

Yeah remember when Dante ended up getting into smash because of all those fake leaks?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah remember when Dante ended up getting into smash because of all those fake leaks?
Speaking of which, I'd be sorely disappointed if I don't get Dante by the end of Smash Ultimate support. He's one of my three Most-Wanted and his only shot left is post-pass DLC. I'd settle for Phoenix Wright if a different Capcom character is in the planning stages.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, I'd be sorely disappointed if I don't get Dante by the end of Smash Ultimate support. He's one of my three Most-Wanted and his only shot left is post-pass DLC. I'd settle for Phoenix Wright if a different Capcom character is in the planning stages.
Phoenix is trash compared to Dante tbh

Top Bottom