• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Right well...... I was pretty much in shambles last night but I've decided to create a message for the thread this morning. I think I am going to take a little break of smashboards. I am grateful for all the support anyone has given us and this episode of disappointment will be one of the most memorable times of speculation. Fakes are everywhere on the internet but even though fakes are incredibly fake as seen with the game awards last night, these fakes have allowed KOS-MOS to swoop into the smash speculation scene. She was particularly blowing up on twitter last night. It seemed almost everyone expected her to be revealed and that actually made me happy. While it made me happy to see the joy of countless KOS-MOS fans expecting a reveal.... we didn't get a reveal for fighter #5 at all. That was easily the most disappointing and terrible thing for myself and countless others. I shied away from this thread last night.... I got home and just went to bed very tired, soulless, and overall I just felt like I wanted to quit the internet in general. Going forward, we dont know if KOS-MOS is fighter #5 or if she will even make it in the post pass but one thing is for sure and that is the fact that people want her if last night is anything to go by. All of these channels covering a fake leak means nothing in the grand scheme of things but it has created a ton of support for her. I aim to do my best to support her for the post pass if she is not character #5 with you guys possibly at my side. I am not quitting support but I merely just need a break. The KOS-MOS fan in me has followed this speculation scene near 24 hours a day and it is very unhealthy but that's just how bad I want her in smash. Fear not, I am not dead yet and I'll be back here speculating.... once a Nintendo direct pops up. I just dont want to get my hopes up too much. Anyhow, below I included some info.

What do we have for KOS-MOS as #5?

With the TGA fakers dead it feels like nothing has even changed. We just have TGA out of the way and there's a copyright strike that may or may not hint at her inclusion because it could possibly be fake. Who knows why KOS-MOS's mod was struck on a potential reveal day? I must say it was really convincing to me but if anything the TGA fakers proved that anything can be faked very easily. Tripcodes and whatnot even if used to identify the user clearly are fake and there's no way to tell what those trolls really wanted from KOS-MOS but I respect them for getting her into the scene. However, I am tired of this guess who game with Sabi and Vergeben though. The fact that Vergeben backpedaled because of a fake leak must not mean much anymore and I dont expect Vergeben nor Sabi to say who the character is at this point. Sabi pretty much backpedaled on twitter last night after TGA saying that "Fighter #5 was never ready for tonight" "Why do you still doubt me?" Sorry, but that just doesn't change the fact that Sabi was teasing the game awards for months... and now they say FP5 wasn't ready? Mkay whatever you say, Sabi. Moreover, Verge should just get a disconfirmation or confirmation about KOS-MOS's rights since the fake leak is dead now. It should be easy right?

Who is KOS-MOS against for #5?

KOS-MOS IS TOO OBSCURE FOR TGA.... OH wait everyone was too obscure for TGA! Nintendo didn't even have ANYTHING! Glad we can put that stupid argument to rest.

It doesn't seem like anything has changed there. All of Namco is somehow "out" except her right now still but she's against tons of characters since the 4chan leak was a fake! It's not looking that great for her now. IF Namco is out according to Verge it may mean KOS-MOS is out despite confusion of rights or whatever that was. Point is, I'm not getting my hopes up this high ever again. This episode is too disappointing to describe in mere words and if I really wanted to, I would ramble on forever about how this is so disappointing.

Anyhow, I thank you guys for reading and I hope everybody understands that this fight isn't over yet. We may get her or we may not. Fighter #5 can be anyone at this point and if anyone wants to continue playing guess who with the leakers, you are more than welcome to. I'll be checking the thread periodically but I won't be speculating that much unless we get a Nintendo Direct announcement. I am already preparing everything I have for post pass to support her though. I am not going down without a fight.

~Dinah

View attachment 252801
I understand, please take it easy on your break! I'm glad this whole fiasco got kos-mos more exposure though.

Maybe this whole thing will turn into another dragon quest thing where a character becomes speculated for months and the "evidence" just all stacks up on one another until the reveal lol.
I still argue that Travis stands a decent chance of getting in at some point.
Tbh I agree.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Maybe a Drakkengard/Nier rep. Flowers have a lot of significance to both series. Daisy's garb is also similar to 2B's. 2B is also a copy of another character who's a copy of an older one. Chronologically, it goes Pauline, Peach, then Daisy for the Mario series; Kaine, A2, then 2B for Nier. 2B is the Daisy counterpart of her trio.

More importantly, Nier series producer and SquareEnix board member Yosuke Saito announced a Christmas Niconico livestream/interview he is hosting featuring Masahiro Sakurai, Nier director Yoko Taro, Square-Enix's Takashi Anzai, PlatinumGames' Hideki Kamiya, and former Square-Enix employee Jin Fujisawa, who's worked on Dragon Quest. The mention of developers born in the 1970s reminds me of the recent 1980s celebration in Super Smash Bros.

This may be nothing more than a series of coincidences and circumstantial evidence, but all but 2 of those f***ers in that interview are involved with Nier Automata in some capacity. The exception is Masahiro Sakurai and Jin, who's involved with Dragon Quest. Conversely, every single participant except for Nier's Yoko Taro is involved with Super Smash Bros.

If it amounts to nothing, they still have Masahiro Sakurai cornered. lmao They all admire one another. The timing is weird, too. This is the same month that Nier announced its 10th anniversary celebration almost 5 months in advance. Almost all of us are anticipating a Smash announcement this month as well.

I still believe it's KOS-MOS, but a robo double reveal would be interesting. Especially since both women have cameoed in the same Bandai Namco series Soul Calibur.
i wouldn't be surprise if 2B was another sleeper Smash choice like KOS-MOS was
plus she's not completely out if you seen how SNK and Grant Kirkhope were secretive about the character/implying they're not in
aaaand the fact S-E isn't crossed out by Verge and Sabi, but lets not get into that debated subject

Yupper, travis actually looks good! Thought this dude was about to be in smash lol
you and me both

Last edited:

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
So, we missed our shot, huh?

Seems like the place is back to being a sleeper niche. However, here's a picture of last night to commemorate our journey.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
77 users and 135 guests! This thread is on fire lol! I love it!

Edit: Oh wait... Wrong thread. :facepalm:

Edit: What?! I'm so confused. There are two boards that have users on them on my screen.

Edit: Oh, I see what's going on now. Amazing that many people visited here during the VGAs or at any moment at all.

Last edited:

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Everyone just resting for speculation.
As yesterday was a bummer x)
For all smash fans i would say.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
I wonder when the 5th fighter will be announced then, because they wanted to finish the fighter pass until February...I think?

So there should be an announcement relatively soon.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I wonder when the 5th fighter will be announced then, because they wanted to finish the fighter pass until February...I think?

So there should be an announcement relatively soon.
I was thinking that maybe a announcement for a potential direct could next week. Either that or early January.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I’d say a December Direct is more likely to me.

There was very little Nintendo announcements at TGA, which is unusual considering the TGAs from before. Not to mention there were a lot of ramblings about stuff for the Switch that wouldn’t be announced at TGA like MCC. TGA left us fans thirsty for Switch announcements. A Direct sometime this month would remedy that.

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
As much as I don't want to say it, I think a January Direct is looking a lot more likely than a December Direct.
Yup. They want people focused on Sword/Shield and other recent releases until after the Holidays I'm sure. After the new year, they'll be wanting to tell us what to look forward to in 2020. Here's hoping there's a lot to announce because outside of Animal Crossing and Xenoblade Definitive Edition it's looking pretty sparse.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yup. They want people focused on Sword/Shield and other recent releases until after the Holidays I'm sure. After the new year, they'll be wanting to tell us what to look forward to in 2020. Here's hoping there's a lot to announce because outside of Animal Crossing and Xenoblade Definitive Edition it's looking pretty sparse.
Well at least Christmas week and New Year's week will keep us over until than.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
As much as I don't want to say it, I think a January Direct is looking a lot more likely than a December Direct.
Well directs are usually announced a day or two before so it's still possible to have one soon, I'm not exactly holding my breath on it but just putting that out there.

That sounds pretty plausible tbh, and is what I thought as another reason it could be January.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Well dang...plot twist!

I seriously thought we wouldn't get anything til January. Chin up boys and girls, this ain't over yet!

Edit: Nevermind I got punked. Gotta learn to watch for those little dates at the bottom.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah this is pretty common. I remember when in July ppl were linking tweets that were actually for the Robin/Lucina live-stream back in 2014

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
I mostly support 2B, but after seen some of kos mos i am linda into her, not my favorite android/waifu/main character i would like in smash but still i will support her if i cant get 2B. I am in :) how do i join this thread?

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I'm all in on KOS-MOS being DLC 5 now. Even with there being no reveal at the Game Awards. I think a direct next week or in early January is the most likely place for a reveal at this point. So here's hoping that KOS-MOS gears up soon.

Nice to meet you all btw. This is my first day on Smashboards.

Last edited:

FightingGhost73

Smash Cadet
Im all for Kos-mos to be fighter 5, i mean even if shes not the fifth fighter i have a feelin she will get in eventually

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
This is sort of an stretch and just a small theory on my part but I was thinking about that video being copyrighted with mario kart instead of smash. What if it was Nintendo who copyrighted the video and tried to make it less obvious that it was really smash that rights were being infringed on for Kos-Mos actually coming to smash... Or it of course could just be a troll aha. Sorry if you dont understand what I'm saying here lol.

D

Deleted member

Any reason why you guys think KOS-MOS is the next fighter? I’m curious and want to see your takes.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
This is sort of an stretch and just a small theory on my part but I was thinking about that video being copyrighted with mario kart instead of smash. What if it was Nintendo who copyrighted the video and tried to make it less obvious that it was really smash that rights were being infringed on for Kos-Mos actually coming to smash... Or it of course could just be a troll aha. Sorry if you dont understand what I'm saying here lol.
Well from what I see the biggest argument of it being a false flag is that "Nintendo" is the copyright claim and not "Nintendo of America Inc", but has there been an instance where "Nintendo" copyright strike'd a video before?

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Well from what I see the biggest argument of it being a false flag is that "Nintendo" is the copyright claim and not "Nintendo of America Inc", but has there been an instance where "Nintendo" copyright strike'd a video before?
I'm not for sure, maybe if we were to look back at the things Nintendo took down like the silvagunner vids for all the songs.

Any reason why you guys think KOS-MOS is the next fighter? I’m curious and want to see your takes.
The leaks and all the backpedels from verge kind of give me hope from her. Though to be honest I'm just kinda done with these leakers and leaks. I still got a good amount of belief she'll be in after all of this.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
You guys are probably looking into it too much...
Lol I said in my paragraph that it was a stretch and just a small theory. Not actually sure if it means anything or not but I would love it to mean that she may be coming to smash. I'm merely entertaining the idea.
Interesting, it may be a legitimate copyright strike from Nintendo then. Or this same person is just going around striking everyone rip. It's really weird though, for them to just strike down a video that's just like every other video and then have it under a different game (assuming if it even is them). Does anyone know if the video has been back up?

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
You guys are probably looking into it too much...
I already dug at the possibility of it being a false flag, because I'm the one who commissioned the KOS-MOS mod to begin with. My friend/modder showed me the takedown and the circumstances behind it, so I decided to dissect what might have been going on. It's a few pages back where I discuss it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I already dug at the possibility of it being a false flag, because I'm the one who commissioned the KOS-MOS mod to begin with. My friend/modder showed me the takedown and the circumstances behind it, so I decided to dissect what might have been going on. It's a few pages back where I discuss it.
Still was pretty stupid of Nintendo to take it down. Don't understand the hate against mods. They bought the game, let them do what they want provided they aren't doing the basic piracy (even then my views are mixed on it).

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Still was pretty stupid of Nintendo to take it down. Don't understand the hate against mods. They bought the game, let them do what they want provided they aren't doing the basic piracy (even then my views are mixed on it).
It doesn't help that modding this time around is next-to-impossible unless you have a specific model of the Switch, and you're willing to risk damaging the hardware no thanks to its exploit method. As long as you're not cheating or pirating, there's no harm no foul. Really really dumb how backwards Nintendo is with stuff like this.

But if it's a legit takedown, then I don't think they removed it just because it's a mod. There's plenty of mod videos out there, so there's no reason for them to pick out this specific video unless KOS-MOS' presence gives away who the 5th Fighter is. It'd also be even stupider if they took down the video because she was hinting at a Mii Outfit or something when they're visually unrelated.

Imagine both the initial hype of it possibly being real, then the sudden disappointment in it actually being a hint toward her Mii Outfit, over what essentially becomes a pointless removal that amounted to nothing but a striptease. "Oh joy... They took it down because it was a costume leak. Woooow, how urgent. I'm sooo mad we got spoiled early over a ****ing costume. /s"

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
But if it's a legit takedown, then I don't think they removed it just because it's a mod. There's plenty of mod videos out there, so there's no reason for them to pick out this specific video unless KOS-MOS' presence gives away who the 5th Fighter is. It'd also be even stupider if they took down the video because she was hinting at a Mii Outfit or something when they're visually unrelated.
I was thinking the same thing. Funny because I remember seeing this shantae and zero mod and that wasn't taken down just because they're a spirit and assist trophy respectively..okay well the video was from 2 years ago so it probably doesn't even matter at that point lol. I do wonder if the same thing has happened to other dlc characters or the new base characters. The reason Nintendo taking down the video because it's a mod hinting at something does feel pretty stupid. So much so that it might as well be a troll lol. I still like my little floppy reason tho.

D

Deleted member

So the mod is out there because you commissioned it? Interesting any results?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It doesn't help that modding this time around is next-to-impossible unless you have a specific model of the Switch, and you're willing to risk damaging the hardware no thanks to its exploit method. As long as you're not cheating or pirating, there's no harm no foul. Really really dumb how backwards Nintendo is with stuff like this.
To sum up Nintendo in a nutshell in my view:

When it comes to games and consoles - Wow they are amazing and your games are some of the greatest ever made. Okay and some charity work.
Outside on the other hand:
"Oh you want mods?
"NOT ALLOWED! And lets ban you as well! I sense a great darkness within this fan with his intentions to harm our IPs" *waves gohei fan* "Away, away with you!"

"You want to be able to listen to our music conveniently?"
"Screw you!...... and I'll guess I'll just take down the music channels on Youtube as well! They've been there for about five years at least but hey, horses for courses so we'll take them down and not appeal the fans. "
*A year later*
*In slightly condescending voice* "So we have finally listened and we will allow you to listen to our music BUT it can only be on the Switch and guess what, only five games will ever be on it!"

Don't get me started on online.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Hang on I'm confused. There was a KOS-MOS mod that was taken down by a copyright strike? This is the first time I've heard anything about it.

D

Deleted member

Hang on I'm confused. There was a KOS-MOS mod that was taken down by a copyright strike? This is the first time I've heard anything about it.
Nintendo really isn’t a fan of fans doing things with their IPs.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I was thinking the same thing. Funny because I remember seeing this shantae and zero mod and that wasn't taken down just because they're a spirit and assist trophy respectively..okay well the video was from 2 years ago so it probably doesn't even matter at that point lol. I do wonder if the same thing has happened to other dlc characters or the new base characters. The reason Nintendo taking down the video because it's a mod hinting at something does feel pretty stupid. So much so that it might as well be a troll lol. I still like my little floppy reason tho.
I really can't shake off the feeling it's a troll. We already have someone here who admitted to faking the second Drunken Cat post, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone with far more malicious intentions decided to start trouble. Let's hope it was actually Nintendo being stupid and doing the reveal themselves.

So the mod is out there because you commissioned it? Interesting any results?
Essentially, yes. I commissioned her and even promoted her during the first half of the year. Her mod is a contingency plan in case the real deal doesn't make it into the game as a playable character. I'm checking to see how many Xenosaga-related Smash videos get taken down by Nintendo. If it's frequent enough and none of the vids can be reposted, then we might have some evidence in her favor.

More specifically, a KOS-MOS mod demonstration vid that got taken down by a copyright claim for "visual" reasons. Just look it up online.

Top Bottom