• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If that 1 year anniversary picture with Daisy in it is hinting towards who FP5 is, it makes me wonder if not KOS-MOS who else could that female be? Elma? Perhaps. But really, who else?
Other guesses could be Octoling from Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion, since the female is their default appearance. This is assuming they’re not an Echo as they said Echoes won’t be sold in the pass. There’s also Fiora, Byleth (has a female alt), Officer Howard (has a female alt), Edelgard, Shantae... I still think Elma’s in the lead if it’s not KOS-MOS tho

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Other guesses could be Octoling from Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion, since the female is their default appearance. This is assuming they’re not an Echo as they said Echoes won’t be sold in the pass. There’s also Fiora, Byleth (has a female alt), Officer Howard (has a female alt), Edelgard, Shantae... I still think Elma’s in the lead if it’s not KOS-MOS tho
Definitely. I was thinking Shantae too, but honestly I think if not KOS-MOS it's Elma.

Droodle

Smash Lord
It's funny, but:

As someone who didn't believe the TGA leak (I thought she would be too niche for TGA), KOS-MOS's chances only went up for me.

If anything, the lack of a TGA reveal hints that it's going to be a character that doesn't have a broad appeal in the West. And, assuming Verge and Sabi are still correct on their info; KOS-MOS has still yet to be dis confirmed.

So, as someone who thought KOS-MOS was "unlikely" before, I think she has a better shot now that there was no reveal at TGA. She's not a frontrunner by any means, but still a shot is a shot.

MysteryNoire

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it seems like we're back to square one with speculation. While a reveal during a direct definitely still gives her a chance due to the next fighter no longer having to be "Game Awards worthy", no reveal at tga is still a huge hit to her. As of now a lot of the main evidence pointing to her are either now debunked (i.e. the 4chan leak) or are extremely questionable (i.e. the mod takedown). I hope we get some new info that'll point to her again, but I don't know if that's going to happen. In the end, we should just keep hoping that she appears at the possible next direct and stay optimistic.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, it seems like we're back to square one with speculation. While a reveal during a direct definitely still gives her a chance due to the next fighter no longer having to be "Game Awards worthy", no reveal at tga is still a huge hit to her. As of now a lot of the main evidence pointing to her are either now debunked (i.e. the 4chan leak) or are extremely questionable (i.e. the mod takedown). I hope we get some new info that'll point to her again, but I don't know if that's going to happen. In the end, we should just keep hoping that she appears at the possible next direct and stay optimistic.

Believe in the mech toy. Trust the mech.

Firox

Smash Master
I think it's kinda sad/funny how Nintendo's entire involvement with the VGA's was nothing but a bunch of interchangeable commercials. Even sadder, those commercials were better than half the garbage that was featured in the show. Once they pulled out Megan Fox lecturing about climate change, I knew it was only downhill from there.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I think it's kinda sad/funny how Nintendo's entire involvement with the VGA's was nothing but a bunch of interchangeable commercials. Even sadder, those commercials were better than half the garbage that was featured in the show. Once they pulled out Megan Fox lecturing about climate change, I knew it was only downhill from there.
People keep forgetting that Nintendo actually did show something(the 2 games that were shown,or was it 3? If I'm counting no more heroes). It's just not what people exactly wanted or expected.

Firox

Smash Master
People keep forgetting that Nintendo actually did show something(the 2 games that were shown,or was it 3? If I'm counting no more heroes). It's just not what people exactly wanted or expected.
Oh yeah, forgot about those. But to be fair, we didn't really see anything about them. It was mostly just a cryptic voice over with still shots of landscapes. And can I just say WHAT THE F*** was up with that No More Heroes III teaser??? It was so random that I almost thought it was one of those acid trip anime movies until Travis came on screen at the very end....then it all made sense.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I love it that so many people are visiting this thread right now.
Geno thread and General speculation thread are currently locked out. Consider me a refugee. But for the record, I think KOS-MOS is pretty cool and I would love to have her in Smash. Plus she's hot.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Yep, The Game Awards sucked this year; even outside the lack of Smash.

Most of the new trailers of announced games were boring (With the exception of NMH 3, and Ori). And the only exciting new announcement was Bravely Default 2, IMO.

On top of that, half of TGA felt far too dragged. The whole Apex Legends event in the middle made me cringe, and it lasted 5 minutes too long.

Firox

Smash Master
Yep, The Game Awards sucked this year; even outside the lack of Smash.

Most of the new trailers of announced games were boring (With the exception of NMH 3, and Ori). And the only exciting new announcement was Bravely Default 2, IMO.

On top of that, half of TGA felt far too dragged. The whole Apex Legends event in the middle made me cringe, and it lasted 5 minutes too long.
That, and you could tell the Fortnite director and his hair were just so humble about cleaning house. /s Seriously though, I could FEEL the smugness of that guy permeating through my screen.

NixF

Smash Cadet
Geno thread and General speculation thread are currently locked out. Consider me a refugee. But for the record, I think KOS-MOS is pretty cool and I would love to have her in Smash. Plus she's hot.
Ditto!
I used to frequent both Geno and the general thread. Now with both of them locked, I'm gonna make this thread my new home for now.

EDIT: And KOS-MOS is actually one of my dream picks, so I'm kinda glad for that change lol.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So this was debated in the Geno thread a couple of days ago: Is KOS-MOS owned by Namco or Monolith Soft? Wasn't she made by Monolith Soft but Namco kept her rights after Monolith Soft left to Nintendo? That's what I guessing.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay, guys, crazy theory:

What if the Nintendo stuff of that TGA leak was legit, but they mistook TGA for a Nintendo Direct? There has been confusion of details in many leaks before, like with the SNK list having Haohmaru, Geese and Athena as costumes, but those exact individuals turned out to be Spirits in the Spirit Board. I dunno, sounds stupid, I know.

Last edited:

NixF

Smash Cadet
So this was debated in the Geno thread a couple of days ago: Is KOS-MOS owned by Namco or Monolith Soft? Wasn't she made by Monolith Soft but Namco kept her rights after Monolith Soft left to Nintendo? That's what I guessing.
Pretty sure KOS-MOS rights are 100% Namco. Monolith/Nintendo are credited for the redesign but that doesn't mean they own it.
Though that could confuse some, including even verge's or sabi's source.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Okay, guys, crazy theory:

What if the Nintendo stuff of that TGA leak was legit, but they mistook TGA for a Nintendo Direct? There has been confusion of details in many leaks before, like with the SNK list having Haohmaru, Geese and Athena as costumes, but those exact individuals turned out to be Spirits in the Spirit Board. I dunno, sounds stupid, I know.
It could be the case. There has been a lot of information that has been early before (Square Enix being first for DLC), but time will tell. I think with that 2nd list being about Spirits and not costumes helps Doomguy and Geno the most. However it could bode well for KOS-MOS. Hard to believe Namco would be just fine with Pac-Man if this fighters pass was planned to be the ONLY DLC we were going to get.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
If that 1 year anniversary picture with Daisy in it is hinting towards who FP5 is, it makes me wonder if not KOS-MOS who else could that female be? Elma? Perhaps. But really, who else?
Maybe a Drakkengard/Nier rep. Flowers have a lot of significance to both series. Daisy's garb is also similar to 2B's. 2B is also a copy of another character who's a copy of an older one. Chronologically, it goes Pauline, Peach, then Daisy for the Mario series; Kaine, A2, then 2B for Nier. 2B is the Daisy counterpart of her trio.

More importantly, Nier series producer and SquareEnix board member Yosuke Saito announced a Christmas Niconico livestream/interview he is hosting featuring Masahiro Sakurai, Nier director Yoko Taro, Square-Enix's Takashi Anzai, PlatinumGames' Hideki Kamiya, and former Square-Enix employee Jin Fujisawa, who's worked on Dragon Quest. The mention of developers born in the 1970s reminds me of the recent 1980s celebration in Super Smash Bros.

This may be nothing more than a series of coincidences and circumstantial evidence, but all but 2 of those f***ers in that interview are involved with Nier Automata in some capacity. The exception is Masahiro Sakurai and Jin, who's involved with Dragon Quest. Conversely, every single participant except for Nier's Yoko Taro is involved with Super Smash Bros.

If it amounts to nothing, they still have Masahiro Sakurai cornered. lmao They all admire one another. The timing is weird, too. This is the same month that Nier announced its 10th anniversary celebration almost 5 months in advance. Almost all of us are anticipating a Smash announcement this month as well.

I still believe it's KOS-MOS, but a robo double reveal would be interesting. Especially since both women have cameoed in the same Bandai Namco series Soul Calibur.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
I will admit I am not familiar at all with youtube's copyright strikes. As Content ID isn't mentioned in the email the uploader received, this should have been a manual report, correct? Assuming it's a falseflag, can the uploader recover the video and have it unblocked? If so, how much time would it take? And how much time would it take for youtube to enforce a fake report in the first place?

For the record I still believe it is a falseflag because the timing is just too convenient for it to be a mere coincidence, but at the same I don't want to leave this unchecked just in case.

Also I may or may have not made a bunch of fake accounts and tried to report other mods by the same uploader trying to mimic the original takedown (claiming to be "Nintendo", claiming "Mario Kart Tour" as the title of "my" content, etc) a few hours after the original takedown out of scientific curiosity. None of those videos have been taken down but if a mod is reading this I reiterate this is just a purely hypothetical scenario I just made up. Someone who knows the uploader please apologize in my place just in case.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Right well...... I was pretty much in shambles last night but I've decided to create a message for the thread this morning. I think I am going to take a little break of smashboards. I am grateful for all the support anyone has given us and this episode of disappointment will be one of the most memorable times of speculation. Fakes are everywhere on the internet but even though fakes are incredibly fake as seen with the game awards last night, these fakes have allowed KOS-MOS to swoop into the smash speculation scene. She was particularly blowing up on twitter last night. It seemed almost everyone expected her to be revealed and that actually made me happy. While it made me happy to see the joy of countless KOS-MOS fans expecting a reveal.... we didn't get a reveal for fighter #5 at all. That was easily the most disappointing and terrible thing for myself and countless others. I shied away from this thread last night.... I got home and just went to bed very tired, soulless, and overall I just felt like I wanted to quit the internet in general. Going forward, we dont know if KOS-MOS is fighter #5 or if she will even make it in the post pass but one thing is for sure and that is the fact that people want her if last night is anything to go by. All of these channels covering a fake leak means nothing in the grand scheme of things but it has created a ton of support for her. I aim to do my best to support her for the post pass if she is not character #5 with you guys possibly at my side. I am not quitting support but I merely just need a break. The KOS-MOS fan in me has followed this speculation scene near 24 hours a day and it is very unhealthy but that's just how bad I want her in smash. Fear not, I am not dead yet and I'll be back here speculating.... once a Nintendo direct pops up. I just dont want to get my hopes up too much. Anyhow, below I included some info.

What do we have for KOS-MOS as #5?

With the TGA fakers dead it feels like nothing has even changed. We just have TGA out of the way and there's a copyright strike that may or may not hint at her inclusion because it could possibly be fake. Who knows why KOS-MOS's mod was struck on a potential reveal day? I must say it was really convincing to me but if anything the TGA fakers proved that anything can be faked very easily. Tripcodes and whatnot even if used to identify the user clearly are fake and there's no way to tell what those trolls really wanted from KOS-MOS but I respect them for getting her into the scene. However, I am tired of this guess who game with Sabi and Vergeben though. The fact that Vergeben backpedaled because of a fake leak must not mean much anymore and I dont expect Vergeben nor Sabi to say who the character is at this point. Sabi pretty much backpedaled on twitter last night after TGA saying that "Fighter #5 was never ready for tonight" "Why do you still doubt me?" Sorry, but that just doesn't change the fact that Sabi was teasing the game awards for months... and now they say FP5 wasn't ready? Mkay whatever you say, Sabi. Moreover, Verge should just get a disconfirmation or confirmation about KOS-MOS's rights since the fake leak is dead now. It should be easy right?

Who is KOS-MOS against for #5?

KOS-MOS IS TOO OBSCURE FOR TGA.... OH wait everyone was too obscure for TGA! Nintendo didn't even have ANYTHING! Glad we can put that stupid argument to rest.

It doesn't seem like anything has changed there. All of Namco is somehow "out" except her right now still but she's against tons of characters since the 4chan leak was a fake! It's not looking that great for her now. IF Namco is out according to Verge it may mean KOS-MOS is out despite confusion of rights or whatever that was. Point is, I'm not getting my hopes up this high ever again. This episode is too disappointing to describe in mere words and if I really wanted to, I would ramble on forever about how this is so disappointing.

Anyhow, I thank you guys for reading and I hope everybody understands that this fight isn't over yet. We may get her or we may not. Fighter #5 can be anyone at this point and if anyone wants to continue playing guess who with the leakers, you are more than welcome to. I'll be checking the thread periodically but I won't be speculating that much unless we get a Nintendo Direct announcement. I am already preparing everything I have for post pass to support her though. I am not going down without a fight.

~Dinah

1576255708447.png

KΩS-MOS

Smash Rookie
I see this as nothing but positive. People keep insisting that KOS-MOS is too obscure for TGA, well okay, she is at home with a direct then. :D
That's exactly what I thought too after TGA finished without any character reveal ^^'

Although, now I am not sure what will happen next.
No reveal at all for Smash at TGA means the leaks were fake (obviously), but does it mean KOS-MOS is NOT dlc#5, or does she still have a chance?
Sabi and Vergeben's sources might have info concerning who the fighter is, but maybe they never really had a reveal date/time, and people just assumed it would be usually at the next big event (which was TGA); so now the next thing would be a Nintendo direct (which might also be why maybe they didn't feel like the last character had to be a hugely known/wanted character, since it wouldn't be at TGA anyway?).

Firox

Smash Master
Yeah, people tend to forget the importance of getting a character in Smash. It doesn't just promote the character. It promotes the entire home franchise, offering the chance for potential sequels and revivals. There's a lot of great franchises in desperate need of a comeback.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Went ahead and updated the Support List. Do let me know if I missed any of you!

1. ES. Dinah ES. Dinah
  2. Tyrant Tenebris
  3. Aussie the Naturist
  4. Altais
  5. Pallex
  6. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  7. Xeno VII
  8. Troykv
  9. fogbadge
  10. GolisoPower GolisoPower
  11. ForwardArrow
  12. Cynthwave
  13. Abade
  14. Bebe Mignon
  15. PrinceGal3n
  16. SorrowOfAcheron
  17. Pikablu Pikachu
  18. SEGAGameBoy
  19. Amazon Pandora
  20. TCT~Phantom
  21. Dr. Jojo Phantasma
  22. MattX20
  23. kool2419
  24. Lynn Eslie
  25. Hydra of Chaos
  26. Smasherfan88
  27. NSSKG151
  28. Idon
  29. SpaceCadetKeon
  30. Ultrashroomz
  31. NessAtc.
  32. Dixie Kong
  33. Jazzy Jinx
  34. Blackwolf666
  35. Pizza Robo
  36. Kos-saac1993
  37. Yoh
  38. FiXalaS
  39. AugustusB AugustusB
  40. The Lightning Python
  41. Shinuto
  42. NukeA6
  43. FlintIke
  44. Russell_SSB
  45. FalconFire93
  46. verysleepywolf
  47. TyrantLizardKing
  48. PsySmasher
  49. SIAD
  50. Dyllybirdy
  51. KingofUSA85
  52. Wurmple for smash
  53. Super Bario
  54. Takasmash
  55. Midnight Torch
  56. Natlo
  57. Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura
  58. KarneraMythos
  59. NineS
  60. NavoMan
  61. Stage4Boss
  62. Smashing Ramen
  63. Pega-pony Princess
  64. ZSSamus_
  65. Ultrashroomz
  66. Rdt.Squid KPX
  67. Dannio
  68. OnyanRings
  69. Rimura
  70. Nonno Umby
  71. Erotic&Heretic
  72. KatKit
  73. Grimel
  74. Blackthorne
  75. SilverSoul24
  76. Mushroomguy12
  77. AmphabulouSnake
  78. R RetrogamerMax
  79. BlackInk
  80. E.S. Asher
  81. ⛧Lord Metallium⛧
  82. Suiren_Kirin
  83. Lesley Black Velvet
  84. zipzapsparkle
  85. Cruiser
  86. Droodle Droodle
  87. Baalikindred
  88. Bolderousness
  89. - Zero Requiem -
  90. zferolie
  91. H3ra
  92. Night Gale Night Gale
  93. Destinylegend
  94. psb123
  95. Mikegamer0608
  96. Strider_Bond00J
  97. N3ON
  98. NonSpecificGuy]
  99. ryumo the Zekenator
  100. AustarusIV
  101. JDCabrera
  102. tehponycorn
  103. Banado_Boy
  104. Blankiturayman
  105. Zebulun
  106. ZevBenjamin ZevBenjamin
  107. Inoj
  108. P.Kat
  109. Renmazuo
  110. SKX31
  111. cosmicB
  112. RawkHawk2010
  113. Prince777
  114. NintenZ
  115. Dizzy121
  116. Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna
  117. Yoshi Kirishima
  118. SneakyLink
  119. Graizen
  120. Sigran101
  121. KΩS-MOS KΩS-MOS
  122. MissingGlitch
  123. Unotheninja
  124. Mrs.Milky Mrs.Milky
  125. BernkastelWitch
  126. SSGuy
  127. Genoa x Charlotte
  128. Red Dead Redeemed
  129. Asancu
  130. Connorb0t2
  131. TemporalShrew
  132. DarkFalcon
  133. Guritsu
  134. NixF NixF
  135. Neverx
  136. Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester
  137. Inawordyes
that would be me ;v;

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So after spending most of my day sleeping on the bad, I've had a look. So what happened. Trolls took down the Speculation thread? Honestly if they get glee out of it then they can find something more constructive to do than being spiteful.

I'm more going through an empty feeling after the awards. Got nothing to look forward to until the end of January game wise. Still, hope for KOS won't be done.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Right well...... I was pretty much in shambles last night but I've decided to create a message for the thread this morning. I think I am going to take a little break of smashboards. I am grateful for all the support anyone has given us and this episode of disappointment will be one of the most memorable times of speculation. Fakes are everywhere on the internet but even though fakes are incredibly fake as seen with the game awards last night, these fakes have allowed KOS-MOS to swoop into the smash speculation scene. She was particularly blowing up on twitter last night. It seemed almost everyone expected her to be revealed and that actually made me happy. While it made me happy to see the joy of countless KOS-MOS fans expecting a reveal.... we didn't get a reveal for fighter #5 at all. That was easily the most disappointing and terrible thing for myself and countless others. I shied away from this thread last night.... I got home and just went to bed very tired, soulless, and overall I just felt like I wanted to quit the internet in general. Going forward, we dont know if KOS-MOS is fighter #5 or if she will even make it in the post pass but one thing is for sure and that is the fact that people want her if last night is anything to go by. All of these channels covering a fake leak means nothing in the grand scheme of things but it has created a ton of support for her. I aim to do my best to support her for the post pass if she is not character #5 with you guys possibly at my side. I am not quitting support but I merely just need a break. The KOS-MOS fan in me has followed this speculation scene near 24 hours a day and it is very unhealthy but that's just how bad I want her in smash. Fear not, I am not dead yet and I'll be back here speculating.... once a Nintendo direct pops up. I just dont want to get my hopes up too much. Anyhow, below I included some info.

With the TGA fakers dead it feels like nothing has even changed. We just have TGA out of the way and there's a copyright strike that may or may not hint at her inclusion because it could possibly be fake. Who knows why KOS-MOS's mod was struck on a potential reveal day? I must say it was really convincing to me but if anything the TGA fakers proved that anything can be faked very easily. Tripcodes and whatnot even if used to identify the user clearly are fake and there's no way to tell what those trolls really wanted from KOS-MOS but I respect them for getting her into the scene. However, I am tired of this guess who game with Sabi and Vergeben though. The fact that Vergeben backpedaled because of a fake leak must not mean much anymore and I dont expect Vergeben nor Sabi to say who the character is at this point. Sabi pretty much backpedaled on twitter last night after TGA saying that "Fighter #5 was never ready for tonight" "Why do you still doubt me?" Sorry, but that just doesn't change the fact that Sabi was teasing the game awards for months... and now they say FP5 wasn't ready? Mkay whatever you say, Sabi. Moreover, Verge should just get a disconfirmation or confirmation about KOS-MOS's rights since the fake leak is dead now. It should be easy right?

KOS-MOS IS TOO OBSCURE FOR TGA.... OH wait everyone was too obscure for TGA! Nintendo didn't even have ANYTHING! Glad we can put that stupid argument to rest.

It doesn't seem like anything has changed there. All of Namco is somehow "out" except her right now still but she's against tons of characters since the 4chan leak was a fake! It's not looking that great for her now. IF Namco is out according to Verge it may mean KOS-MOS is out despite confusion of rights or whatever that was. Point is, I'm not getting my hopes up this high ever again. This episode is too disappointing to describe in mere words and if I really wanted to, I would ramble on forever about how this is so disappointing.

Anyhow, I thank you guys for reading and I hope everybody understands that this fight isn't over yet. We may get her or we may not. Fighter #5 can be anyone at this point and if anyone wants to continue playing guess who with the leakers, you are more than welcome to. I'll be checking the thread periodically but I won't be speculating that much unless we get a Nintendo Direct announcement. I am already preparing everything I have for post pass to support her though. I am not going down without a fight.

~Dinah

View attachment 252801
And I, as well as all the other true KOS-MOS supporters will be ready for the fight.
We win together and we lose together, that's just how it goes family.
Enjoy your break Dinah,
&
Love you all, hope to hear from Nintendo soon so we're back at it.

D

Deleted member

~Dinah

View attachment 252801
We did a great job fam. Let's keep up the good fight.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, forgot about those. But to be fair, we didn't really see anything about them. It was mostly just a cryptic voice over with still shots of landscapes. And can I just say WHAT THE F*** was up with that No More Heroes III teaser??? It was so random that I almost thought it was one of those acid trip anime movies until Travis came on screen at the very end....then it all made sense.
Yupper, travis actually looks good! Thought this dude was about to be in smash lol

Top Bottom