• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
Yeah we talk on discord a lot, I have no idea who dlc5 is or what is at the game awards though.

Going in uncertain here, which is exciting!
If you are still here tell your discord friend to go **** himself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PUT TANK IN A MALL. WHAT THE ACTUAL ****.

Well, now that it's over, we're back to just sitting on our asses.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Btw, literally nothing else that's Xenosaga related and in any way connected to Smash was removed for any type of content claim. The mod video getting removed was 100% a troll who was trying to false flag.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Seeming as the fighter pass is supposed to end by February of next year... probably in January a reveal will be done. Should've seen that coming tbh.

That said I agree most of the show was kinda... bland, none of it really caught my interest.

Also explains why none of the leakers actually got the character as they never actually leak them until within a few days from their reveal and seeming as we didn't get that in the game awards... yeah, no one knows until around a January direct or something of the sorts happens.

Also, I'm prepared to drink the salty tears of those that that are gonna be pissed no smash at the game awards.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
So pretty much, all we got are who Verge and Sabi are saying its not so far huh? no 4chan leaks live anymore

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
At least the lack of nintendo announcments means we are 100% getting a full direct in January. The last one was that mini direct in 2018 and the Switch reveal in 2017.

NixF

Smash Cadet
Anyway. I think I can now rationalize KOS-MOS chances at being revealed during your run-of-the-mill direct later (TGA wasn't her place at all tbh).

That if all of the strange coincidences about KOS-MOS are indeed correct (sources being vague or ignore questions, copyright claim), and not someone who decided to **** with the smash community again.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
But Kos-Mos is still Not deconfirmed yet By Sabi and Verg so we will use that as a little Hope, let's not RAGE people calm down at least we can continue to speculate on FP5 and again rememeber that we can continue making videos in support of Kos-Mos we are still here!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So no Smash or new Tales trailer or what. Election results are despairing. The next few months feel ominous.
Still I had fun in a form. I met some new people on this forum.

D

Deleted member

And finally everyone can drop their doubts on KOS-MOS being revealed there. Because nothing hapoened there.

FP5 can SAFELY be a niche character

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
If you are still here tell your discord friend to go **** himself.
Again, why I said don't trust papagenos or anything his group (Blocked Content, MarlonGaming, that other one) says since they all get false info and think every piece of it is real.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
That was painful. Almost nothing interesting either. Now we wait for another month or so for the next fighter.

Zebulun

Smash Rookie

I'd be disappointed, if I cared enough to be disappointed.
But it's not over yet! We just have to stay hopeful. At least now we don't have to deal with "too niche for TGAs" complaints

D

Deleted member

Another month of speculation.

If KOS-MOS doesn't get deconfirmed by Sabi and Verge it's a virtual miracle.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Welp, that game awards was disappointing to say the least..I feel kinda dissatisfied? Like I at least would've been happy that smash got goty. At least it got sOME type of awards. Still feel like it got snubbed :(

NixF

Smash Cadet
lmao TGA livestream dislikes skyrocketed to 10K after the show ended. They deserve it.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
My worst fears have been realized. Everyone lost. Oh, lord, the state of this fandom in the coming weeks.

Leaks aside... The show was very meh. I really don't care too much about the awards aspect of the show, but they don't seem too controversial. Major kudos to Fire Emblem in particular! Wasn't expecting Smash to win GOTY but I'm glad it won best fighting game. As far as reveals go, unless you're an Xbox fan, there wasn't really much to talk about. Yeah, I'm excited for No More Heroes III and Bravely Default II (title?) but those aren't exactly barn burners. Nintendo brought their C- game at best. At least we got to see Reggie.

Ah, this Smash disappointment will make a nice appetizer to my upcoming Star Wars disappointment.

Last edited:

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Well, that's the end of "venue theory". What's gonna be the argument against her now?

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Before i got to sleep look at it this way, No FP5 is reveal Yet characters like steve, DoomGuy, Jonesy where not reveal or confirmed meaning its still a BLANK space, we also need to remember Sakurai makes the choices, what we can do is promote Kos-Mos support so that at least it reaches Nintendo and that they can recommend her.

Fans of Sora, Dante or any other character will continue making videos for there support! that's why Sakurai got Banjoo and Kazooie IN because of the fans we must do the Same for Kos-Mos, rather than being dissapointed altogether, we must find solutions and promote her, because of this Leaks something Good indeed HAPPEN, PEOPLE GOT TO KNOW KOS-MOS EVEN FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!

Let's use that to our ADVANTAGE!

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
Btw, literally nothing else that's Xenosaga related and in any way connected to Smash was removed for any content type claim. The mod video getting removed was 100% a troll who was trying to false flag.
This. Sorry for being a depressing **** but I just don't see a reason to be positive anymore. There can be no doubt now that there's a group of mentally-ill weirdos out there hellbent on tarnishing Xenosaga and KOS-MOS for whatever ******** grievance they have. All evidence for her is fabricated as far as I'm concerned. **** the smash fanbase.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Guess we gotta wait a bit more. Ah well. Honestly, I found the show kind of bland, even expectations aside. Well, I'm not giving up hope just yet-- There were quite a lot of other things in her favor!

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
well, VGA's was something. Honestly at this point I think FP5 could be literally anyone. I'm not even gonna bother following leaks or speculation anymore. We'll see who it is when we see who it is. I'll just keep hoping for a character I want, be it KOS-MOS or any other character.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
My worst fears have been realized. Everyone lost. Oh, lord, the state of this fandom in the coming weeks.

Leaks aside... The show was very meh. I really don't care too much about the awards aspect of the show, but they don't seem too controversial. Major kudos to Fire Emblem in particular! Wasn't expecting Smash to win GOTY but I'm glad it won best fighting game. As far as reveals go, unless you're an Xbox fan, there wasn't really much to talk about. Yeah, I'm excited for No More Heroes III and Bravely Default II (title?) but those aren't exactly barn burners. Nintendo brought their C- game at best. At least we got to see Reggie.

Ah, this Smash disappointment will make a nice appetizer to my upcoming Star Wars disappointment.
Please read what i Just Post! she's still in Game! everybody Lost, but the trolls and all of us did not get our character FP5 IS STILL A BLANK FREE SPACE!, We must Promote Kos-Mos people got to know her be the leaks! we must Promote the Xenosaga series! that will make people want to watch or play the game witch means MORE FANBASE and with More Fanbase comes the requests!

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Okay I'm absolutely never watching the VGAs again, at least I was doing other stuff at the same time but that was extremely underwhelming. I felt like Geoff Keighley teased a Smash reveal when mentioning "remember when Joker was announced last year?" but yeah that turned out to be nothing at all.

Well, regardless of leaks that have been proven false I consider KOS-MOS to have a good shot still, but we'll see. Really hope that if we get a reveal in January they give some details on post pass content too.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Well, that's the end of "venue theory". What's gonna be the argument against her now?
Our consolation prize is that she's no longer off of the table just because the event she could've joined at was a Western Normie Fest. At least until Verge and/or Sabi disconfirm her anyway.

We have an unknown amount of time before anything comes up. The next Direct based on Nintendo's current schedule is...at February at this rate. This means there's a good chance our last fighter literally drops within that time frame. God damn that is too long a wait.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
If you want to hype irresponsibly now, string on the wall conspiracy theory confirmation bias style, as stated, Nintendo's lack of a presence would suggest an upcoming Nintendo direct. Now, this could apply to anybody they throw in to market a new game, such as Master Chief for the Halo on Switch dealie, but a general Nintendo Direct would be ideal for announcing say, Xenosaga HD and KOS-MOS FP5. By contrast, a Smash direct will likely as not announce FP5 and at least tease Post Pass 1. While TGA not giving us our final character is... Less than ideal, the reveal it's self will likely as not be better.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
This. Sorry for being a depressing **** but I just don't see a reason to be positive anymore. There can be no doubt now that there's a group of mentally-ill weirdos out there hellbent on tarnishing Xenosaga and KOS-MOS for whatever ******** grievance they have. All evidence for her is fabricated as far as I'm concerned. **** the smash fanbase.
We can't get too negative. For all we know, this could end up being a case of no news is good news. Yes, there isn't a lot of evidence in KOS-MOS' favor, but there also isn't really anything going against her either. I'm just trying to stay positive. I'm more confused than anything after tonight. When the hell are we gonna hear about Fighter 5?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I feel pretty empty right now. Divisive night I thought before it started. One of the worst nights in a while. Where I live is going to go through hell. (Last Political bit.) And a disappointing game awards outside of Bravely Default 2.
I'll stick to here as I enjoyed the hype. I'm pretty worried about 2020 for a few reasons though.

Apologies if I'm being a downer. I'll get some sleep and probably write something tomorrow. That story I got inspired to do today.
Or ask my friend for a feel good anime.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I thought I was odd that the "NEW" was still next to Terry's name. Usually that is taken down prior to a reveal.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
With all due respect, you're all better off not giving the likes of Sabi OR Vergeben, or even (I'm sorry to say this you're a swell guy and I've seen you for ages all the way back to NSider,) Fatman.

Fatman may not claim to be a leaker/insider, but earlier he raised a rather big ruckus that riled up (and IMO, helped snowball the Geno thread getting closed down) a lot of people about "bad news" coming. If that bad news was just the DLC not showing up at the awards? Then that's pretty damn melodramatic and, sorry to say, pining for attention. Stick to your lanes, and unless you got visual stuff to discuss like the Mallow/Cacodemon Mii "leak", it's not worth the headache and discussion.

You'll spend less time disappointed and more time surprised whenever the team actually does drop the 5th fighter. It's tempting to listen to "leakers" and "insiders", but it's all a big game. And more times than not, we're being played and having our time colossally wasted.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say on that.

As for the awards itself! I thought it was pretty charming. Nothing spectacular, but some of the announcements were neat. The shark game was hilarious, and for a sec I thought we were getting Beaker DLC for the Goose Game for some reason. lol

Best of luck with getting KOS-MOS! At this stage, it's all completely uncertain. Nothing's off the table at this stage.

Top Bottom