• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yo, what do you guys honestly think of Dash Attack? And I'm asking like, as a long distance punisher, and doing it when you know you'll more than likely get the hit.

I won't put my input on it just yet, I want to hear what some of you guys have to say.

Remember, not just throwing it out like a WiFi FSmash. I mean smartly using it, for you know. stuff.

edit: double post fml

bigman40

Smash Master
It has a good use when most of our attacks won't reach. I can normally get one in when someone is retreating an attack before they land on the ground. I can see it being semi-useful when you wanna poke at someone when you can't reach em with the normal tools we use for spacing (Ftilt and jab).

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Ok, well I was just making sure I wasn't dreaming big or anything. I always used to think Dash Attack was pretty legit, just really risky in most circumstances, and just outclassed by other moves. lol

MrEh

Smash Hero
Yo, what do you guys honestly think of Dash Attack? And I'm asking like, as a long distance punisher, and doing it when you know you'll more than likely get the hit.
Beat predicted aerials with it.

Yes. I'm not kidding.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I use it often to beat the nado too

Also I finally find how to perform a lagless fair from the ledge!!!
****ing hard >.>

MrEh

Smash Hero
What's really effing hard is this...

1. Have a banana or turnip in your hand
2. Jump
3. z-drop the item
4. Catch the item with an aerial
5. Klaw
6. Jump
7. Repeat

Now keep doing it until you can move both forward and backwards across the stage.

MINDGAMES!

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I do it lol

but what I like to do its instead of catching the banana with an aerial, is z catching it, do a airdodge z drop the banana during the airdodge. the opponent is like wtf tripping into the banana and you do a dsmash as soon you land !!

but for the fair lagless
you have to do

get out off the ledge, do a BACK jump, fair as soon as possible going the most possible on the stage. but the time between the back jump and the fair in the direction to the stage is really really tight and if you do it to soon. you do a front jump and your fair is full of lag <.<

edit : let me 2 days and im gonna master it tough

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I do it lol

but what I like to do its instead of catching the banana with an aerial, is z catching it, do a airdodge z drop the banana during the airdodge. the opponent is like wtf tripping into the banana and you do a dsmash as soon you land !!

but for the fair lagless
you have to do

get out off the ledge, do a BACK jump, fair as soon as possible going the most possible on the stage. but the time between the back jump and the fair in the direction to the stage is really really tight and if you do it to soon. you do a front jump and your fair is full of lag <.<

edit : let me 2 days and im gonna master it tough
Give me a replay and I'll upload it.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Vex/King Kong, could you please explain when I should use the Side B infinite double jump thing >_<

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You'll get a feel for how often you should use it as you play more as Bowser. A lot of new Bowsers use it way too much--most use it less the more they play Bowser.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
At the start, all of the new Bowsers use it a looooooooooooooooooot more than they should/need to.

After playing Bowser for a while, you'll understand that it's really not that useful unless you need another jump.

Back in '08 it was really cool to just spam klawhops like it's nothing but...that's not the case. Bowser's ground game is pretty cute and I'm usually only in the air to klaw, FAir, UAir or BAir. lol

I feel kinda dumb answering this since he only asked Vex/KK; he obviously only wanted their opinion but w/e.

sarcasm

MrEh

Smash Hero
Vex/King Kong, could you please explain when I should use the Side B infinite double jump thing >_<
Do it when you want to.

Sounds like a dumb answer, but it's used so differently amongst the Bowser community that there's really no guidelines toward using it. Just make sure you're not getting hit out of it. lol

I use it as a defensive tool. I catch predicted aerials with it, or I use it to move around platforms.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Oh, right. I forgot to mention that klaw usage is one of the most varying things you'll see from Bowsers. As MrEh said, there's many different ways to incorporate it into any style.

Like he also said, you can use it however you want as long as it doesn't negatively affect your style and progress through the match. I personally feel klawhopping is a waste of time and only has its few uses, so I never really use it unless I'm passing the time away (opponent's stock is gone, let's show some Bowser techs! :D)

For my example, I just openly abuse it and throw it in my opponent's face because I know it's broken. It's my bread and butter move for everything. Offense, defense, you name it. lol

Platforms become easy to navigate through by using side b. You can drop, ledge cancel, or jump; it really opens up a lot of options.

Thanks for reminding me, lol.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
The transitional, rock and shine shrine parts of the stage allow for really early klaw kills if it's fresh - about 105% to 115% with DI depending on the transformation if you land on the higher parts.

I find it really easy to jump out of bowsercide with R.O.B. on this stage and if you're lucky the fortress will stall enough for Bowser to survive.

Bowser's only use for the water is for bowser bombing without being a complete sitting duck, otherwise it's a bad place for him to be in as far as I can tell. R.O.B. should be able to just wall him out of dry land with FAir unless the Bowser outreads him (or the R.O.B. player makes a poor read).

At first I was hoping the large amount of slopes would allow Bowser to force an air-release on R.O.B. and FAir him but it seems that needs completely horizontal running space for that to work so nevermind?

I don't remember exactly how much of R.O.B.'s UAir is disjointed, which can mean his UAir'ing under the stage is either a free fortress or not.

Fighting a R.O.B. that's on the upper end of the same slope seems like a chore, Bowser's only options seem to be either to klaw jump at him or catch him in lag with FAir. I didn't really give this that much attention though.

The transitional parts of the stage probably make edge-guarding with BAir a lot easier for R.O.B., due to how thin the ledge is.

Overall I'd say it's a slightly worse stage for Bowser than for R.O.B., but not nearly bad enough to be a counterpick.
I couldn't thank you enough, beepo <3
Anyone else have anything different to add? Would be greatly appreciated.

Judo777

Smash Master
why dont more people play bowser!? he is one of the few heavy weights that acts like one so why does no one play him? :( he has GR garbage and a good OoS

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Questions, fellas:

What GR do you prefer to use against Wario to rack up damage? To kill?
inb4mrehsfootstooltotaunt
And how exactly do you do the GR infinite on Wario? I remember seeing a video on it a loooooong time ago, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

There were some more I had, but I forgot them. XD

B!squick

Smash Master
Pivot grab for damage. DSmash for kill. I played this Wario on wifi back when I was decent and he kept DIing so far into me after release that my Grabs kept whiffing. x_x

Flayl

Smash Hero
I just mash grab (you can't actually regrab him out of an air release unless he already used his double jump, however you can standing chaingrab him if you keep pummeling him).

Kill with either an USmash or a reverse UTilt, depending if you're near a platform or whatever. UTilt will always works so when in doubt use that.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I think he can double jump out of it but only has a few frames to do it. When he releases he looks one way and slowly does a little turn back to his normal stance. grab him when he's about side on to the camera iirc. also I use usmash to kill

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Thanks, fellas.

What do you do to get out of Shiek's ftilt lock? At best, I'm able to either Fortress him on the ground or aerial Fortress him.

I know the MU's not that bad, but my Shiek experience is almost nonexistent.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
If Im hit on more on the tip I SDI up left, if Im hit in the beginning, I SDI behind her.
Fortress might work too, most safe if theres a platform or something to land on.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Against Shiek? Spaced Jabs. Seriously.

When spaced, you can spam Jabs and Sheik is screwed up close. Of course, she still ***** Bowser in other ways. lol

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Against Shiek? Spaced Jabs. Seriously.

When spaced, you can spam Jabs and Sheik is screwed up close. Of course, she still ***** Bowser in other ways. lol
Spaced jabs did really well--your backwards roll tactic really helped here. :D

And her fair is too, too lame.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
How good of a teammate is Bowser for ROB and Snake.
Also, what strategies could develop from a ROB & Bowser team or Snake & Bowser team?
Bowser's terrible in doubles. The only good teammates I've found have been Marth, MK, GW, and Wario, with the latter three just being great in doubles in general.

Ideally, you need a teammate who can make sure Bowser doesn't get 2 v 1'd.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I personally just use Dedede for doubles...I can't really use anyone else, although I do use Bowser but not too successfully. lol

But being Bowser related, like how Zigsta said and what I've been saying for a while, just give Bowser his space to klaw and stuff, and don't let him be the 1 in a 2v1 situation.

DO
NOT
HIT
BOWSER
IN
MID
KLAW

I hate people who do that. Try to combo off of it AFTER the opponent flies off. After a while, people get it.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I was wondering what the best way to deal with Ike is and is the MK match up really 65:35 now? Ike seems to **** Bowser from above and his jab is lame.

Top Bottom