• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Questions: a Bowser Q&A Thread

From the little experience I've had with teaming with Bowsers, I find that Samus can benefit him really well.

Provided the Samus has the slightest idea of how to aim and space, hitting Bowser shouldn't really be a problem, the only thing Bowser may get hit by is Charge Shot, and even then, it will NEVER kill him.

Provided the Samus sticks to Super Missles and Zair, she will very very rarely hit Bowser. Samus can cover the air very nicely and help Bowser out when he gets juggled with Zair. She can also punish blind spots with uair and such. Even with it comes to helping Bowser recove, Samus can just fire off a homing missle and it'll give him another Fortress, or even zair him.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Sounds like a worse version of Ike + Samus

But yeah that'll help when Ike leaves low tier tournaments lol

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there ^^.

Ike will probably be gone pretty shortly imo, is there a confirmed date for the next tier list release?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I like Marth or lucario, since they can 1 vs. 2, and I'll just stock tank and punish everything on shield with Up b, Jabs or maybe even a side B or one..

And ehh yeh for LT that will work.

JOE!

Smash Hero
what are Boozah's best methods of DI/Momentum cancel when shot:

a) Horizontally

b) Vertically

c) Diagonally Up

d) Diagonally Down

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Fair for all, there has been a big fuss a few times before about whether Dair or Fair is better for vertical momentum cancelling. I think it was decided that they were about the same maybe 1%/2% difference, the deal was (iirc) fair allows you to fastfall quicker but dair reduces your hurtbox so it takes longer for you to hit the blastzone at the top.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Fair for all, there has been a big fuss a few times before about whether Dair or Fair is better for vertical momentum cancelling. I think it was decided that they were about the same maybe 1%/2% difference, the deal was (iirc) fair allows you to fastfall quicker but dair reduces your hurtbox so it takes longer for you to hit the blastzone at the top.
was there any definitive data on which was better?

JOE!

Smash Hero
well, vs vertical KB, Fair -> fast fall is definatley better....

also, against most other Kb you want to angle toward the top corner, Fair, FF while jumping, then do Dair ASAP...

JOE!

Smash Hero
his biggest hole IMO is just that it's so friggen easy to rack damage on him, making the fact that he can survive to high %'s moot seeing as it's nto a feat to get him high...

B!squick

Smash Master
Yep. And it's annoying as hell to see DeDeDe live longer than Bowser. That and to see DeDeDe be blessed with a better FTilt. A better UTilt. More 0-DEATH chain grabs. A much better projectile.

SAAAAAKURRRRRRAIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!

^The true face of evil.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Alllrighty then, I tested Bowser's survival vs Mario (1st of...a bajillion charts I'm gonna be doing), and here are the numbers:

Fsmash F: 149%, 141%, 142%* (only on Smashville, using Dair ASAP makes you live 1% more than Fair + FF)

Fsmash U: 137%, 130%, 130%

Fsmash D: 153%, 147%, 147%

Dsmash F: 199%, 186%, 187%

Usmash: 158%, 158%, 159%

Bthrow: 183%, 177%, 198%

Each move was tested about 5 times per %, and are essentially "fresh". Bthrow was done at the very edge of the stage. The % represents the % you can live to, with perfect DI and not die from the center of the stage.

Numbers are on FD-BF-Smashville.

All other moves kill bowser over 200% on each of the stages, so it's not worth mentioning (aerials off-stage may as well be gimps).

On average, you will be living to about 163 on FD, 157 on BF, and 161 on SV, with an overall average of 160 vs Mario.

Flayl

Smash Hero
It's a good thing you're telling us how you're canceling his momentum... Are you just doing an aerial or are you also jumping/fortressing afterwards? How about Aerial to bowser bomb?

edit: Just read the post on the other page. For those interested he DI's for the corner, FAirs, Fastfalls, double jumps and then DAirs.

JOE!

Smash Hero
an interesting note is that I never needed to use fortress to get back during all these tests...his Air DI alone is good enough to get back to the edge

now unfortunatley i have to do this again for the other 38 characters @_@

but so far weegee can kill you as low as 67%

also, only Bthrow kills, correct? (for boozer)

Flayl

Smash Hero
You're just salty cause 40 posts per page is so legit.

Really though I suggest everyone uses it, it's just less loading to be done really.
Less loadin' more scrollin'

BThrow kills at like 200% (grab-releases are better in every way)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Can someone tell me who wins if you DI off the sides of the stage with the klaw?
Ah, the Bowsercide. Uh, depends on a lot of variables. To name a few:

a]stock
b] percents/differences in %s
c] port

I don't think port matters, and hopefully one of the other Bowsers can correct me on this. HOWEVER, AFAIK if you're Bowser and you're in the percent or stock lead, the DI is shifted to your favor. The larger the difference is in stocks or percents, the more control you have over where Bowser goes.

I've actually never had anyone force the Bowsercide when they were in the lead of the match, so I'm not sure on that aspect.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm pretty sure control of Klaw's DI isn't affected by port, only percent.

But as to who dies first, it's port.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
No, the guiding of Klaw. You know, how far left/right you can go, and possibly into the blast zones?

The more percent difference between the two of you, the more control you have. (say i'm at 0% and my opponent is at 160%, i basically will have complete control over it)

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry that wasn't what I meant. I mean who wins if you DI to the blast zone on the sides of the stage as opposed to the bottom? I realize its probably not useful, but it would be cool to know.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
On the sides? It's EXTREMELY difficult, and might as well be impossible...Bowser dips to the side slightly and just plummets down.

Why would you be that far offstage anyway, unless your opponent was gimping you...?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, the only time I can think of this happening is if your opponent's trying to gimp you, like Limit said, and you just Klaw 'em.

That said, I've only Klawed someone like that a handful of times, and I've never gone off the side blastzone.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't really understand jab cancelling.

Suppose I want to jab-grab, does pressing down after the jab cut any lag? If I just press jab-grab, without pressing down, but I time it so it doesn't go into jab2, is that any slower?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I don't really understand jab cancelling.

Suppose I want to jab-grab, does pressing down after the jab cut any lag? If I just press jab-grab, without pressing down, but I time it so it doesn't go into jab2, is that any slower?
You can wait for jab to grab, but pressing down is faster. If you're having difficulty doing it, just practice it in training mode--you'll get it eventually. I find Bowser's to be really easy.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Bowser's is stupid easy, but I actually have an easier time with Falco's. I'm too black.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I haven't really tried with Bowser but I have done it with Luigi before.

Although I was briefly practicing jab- pivot utilt with t sticking, but instead of pressing down, I was using that window to buffer the pivot. Does this mean it's not viable, due to me not cancelling the jab?

Top Bottom