• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Warp Star Adventure: Kirby's Stage Discussion *Meta Knight Talk*

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I thought Luigi does well on Jungle Japes since he doesn't have to worry about the water thanks to his godly recovery. Pokemon Stadium isn't a problem stage for him as well, but strangely, Delfino Plaza is a good stage to take him, Pictochat is to. I'm not too sure about Norfair. ♥

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
His recovery is very linear, either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. Based on what I've seen of his recovery on other stages, I think he'd have trouble recovering there without getting gimped.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My best friend and The Mann play's Luigi at the highest skill level, I'll pay attention more to what stage is good next time, because I didn't get the chance to even notice because looking for what stage Luigi's bad at is hard, IMO.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Hmmm... Luigi. The ideal stage would limit his chances of him SRK'ing you @ a low %, **** up his recovery and punish his dash attack's (rarely used) dumb *** motion.

- Lylat Cruise: Tilting may **** his recovery up and has a medium/high roof.

- Castle Siege: First transmormation: can get him stuck under the lip on the ledge. Second Transformation: can delay his dash attack, Tornado and any other attack that can be punished due to its duration. Third transformation: same concept as Lylat.

- PS: Gets stuck under lip on edge. Walls and transformations that give Kirby an advantage as stated.

- Pictochat: Abuse stuff, Luigi's slide can harm him here.

EDIT: Any thoughts on bans? I'm thinking Norfair or Yoshi's Island

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
My best friend and The Mann play's Luigi at the highest skill level, I'll pay attention more to what stage is good next time, because I didn't get the chance to even notice because looking for what stage Luigi's bad at is hard, IMO.
Gah! I've been to 2-3 tournies with The Mann, but have yet to play him. I hear he's really good though.

EDIT:

~Auto, Pictochat also has a really high ceiling.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I don't really know what to pick against Luigi. I know that Brinstar is a terrible idea. He'll kill you at like -2% with his Fsmash there.

I beat a Luigi a couple tourneys ago in pools and he counterpicked Norfair on me. Not sure if it's a good Luigi stage (though I guess lava combos, lava saving him getting gimped, and low % Fsmash/Shoryukens off the top platforms help him a lot) or if the player just liked it. That same Luigi and his Olimar partner counterpicked Delfino Plaza against me in doubles...but that was doubles.

I'm thinking that Jungle Japes would be a good stage against him. Not sure what else, probably just whatever you feel most comfortable with, as long as it doesn't have a low ceiling :/
It's good and a bad stage sorta. But if you hit the waters, your far more safer then Luigi due to his crappy aerial movement and forced to use his recovery tools. Though I'm pretty sure Kirby isn't stronger in terms of vertical kills compared to luigi... but then again Luigi gets ****ed over by JJ's ceiling like Kirby... soo ehh lol.. It's still okay cp.. I'd just hate to see a kirby get ***** by that klap trap.

♣ I thought Luigi does well on Jungle Japes since he doesn't have to worry about the water thanks to his godly recovery. Pokemon Stadium isn't a problem stage for him as well, but strangely, Delfino Plaza is a good stage to take him, Pictochat is to. I'm not too sure about Norfair. ♥
Deflino's one of my favorite. But Kirby can do pretty well on that stage too since he has multiple jumps and attacks from below, as long he doesn't get dair/taunt spikes :laugh:
Just gotta def be careful in not getting ko'd early on the ceiling since some parts get a low/high ceiling sometimes. Good tip : If kirby happens to get fireballs, he should force luigi near a walk off, and just air camp with fireballs and look for a opening and just keep him there, eventually he'll get killed due to low traction.

Norfair's bad here so idk. Planking is good if it's legal lol. Ps1 is iight. High ceiling screws us over, underlips can screw both of us over at times.

His recovery is very linear, either vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. Based on what I've seen of his recovery on other stages, I think he'd have trouble recovering there without getting gimped.
pretty much sorta agree to this. not too strong on diagonally though.

Where are your stage guide? The Kirby boards are currently talking about Luigi on the stage guide and we need more info like to know what stage is good to pick and bad to pick vs Luigi.
yeah, ban anything that has low ceiling, close blast zones (yay fsmash lol.) Kirby's kinda gay'd by flat stages if he doesn't get fireballs, since kirby will be generally approaching. might be wrong on this correct me pls.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
pretty much sorta agree to this. not too strong on diagonally though.
That's a bad description, but I don't know how to say it. His DownB recovery is very linear, but neither really pure horizontal or vertical (though it is still mostly vertical.).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Thanks for your info hippiedude, also WHY IS ALL THE KIRBY INFO THREADS DEAD!!! We need more people in Match Up's, and Stage discussion to function right in tourney's. Also I'm getting some Luigi experience again, so I should know what stages to pick and not to pick when I post here again.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Deflino's one of my favorite. But Kirby can do pretty well on that stage too since he has multiple jumps and attacks from below, as long he doesn't get dair/taunt spikes :laugh:
Just gotta def be careful in not getting ko'd early on the ceiling since some parts get a low/high ceiling sometimes. Good tip : If kirby happens to get fireballs, he should force luigi near a walk off, and just air camp with fireballs and look for a opening and just keep him there, eventually he'll get killed due to low traction.

Norfair's bad here so idk. Planking is good if it's legal lol. Ps1 is iight. High ceiling screws us over, underlips can screw both of us over at times.
♣ I guess I can't say Deflino is one of our advantages in a straight manner now. XD ♥

♣ I just thought since Kirby can abuse this stage so much, that most characters doesn't make him scared to go there except great spikers. Luigi is hard to spike, but I've seen people spike with him... scary. O_o ♥

♣ Pokemon Stadium thought, can Luigi abuse this stage in any manner? I ask this because I don't really know Luigi that well. ♥

♣ Also is that Misaki Shiki as your avatar? I really like it. :D ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I guess I have to write my own summery about Luigi then since there's not enough talk here. I'll start Falco tomorrow when I wake up scratch that, there's more issues with Wario when it come's to stage picks, I'll start him.

Character Talk #10 Wario

Counter Pick Against: ?

Stage Strike: ?

Banned: ?

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
from my experience: fd is in warios favor and maybe BF
SV is neutral but maybe a little in kirbys favor
YI is in kirbys favor

FD allows wario too much breathing room
BF allows him to kill early but more importantly he can use the platforms to ****
SV isnt as big as FD and doesnt have the platforms that BF has
YI is too hard to approach on... that platform always gets in the ****ing way and the slopes sometimes prevent wario from being able to SDI from grab combos

you'll get ***** on brinstar because its warios super stage

japes is pretty good for you since wario has to be careful on the edges since you can use inhale to gay him and the platform in the middle gets in the way for our approach

most other levels are either neutral or good for wario during 1 part and bad during the other (frigate, halberd)

that's just from my exp. i could be wrong so don't start fighting with me about it

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I agree... Brinstar makes Wario gay... Seriously. I hit him with an air hammer above the stage's highest platform at 100% yesterday in a doubles match. He DIs to the corner and lives, then claps me and kills me at like 80-90%. I was pissed.

As for where to bring him.... I don't really know. He seems to do pretty well on all stages, so bring him to one you're good/comfortable on.

Personally, I would think JJ might be good, but I have yet to find a stage that really ****s with him.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm not too sure about Smashville being a Kirby advantage stage, but I'll agree on Yoshi's Island. Pokemon Stadium on Wario is a must, Jungle Japes is good to, but we can't take Wario to Rainbow Cruise however.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Double post, I hate doing that. Hell no I'm not ending this talk because it's not enough Wario talk. However I could delay the talk to move on to another character if it involves more posting.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ You might want to skip the talk since most of the Wario board members didn't come. I'm surprised actually. ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since there's not a lot of discussion here, I'll make have a Wario summery of my own. Also I'll decide on what character we can start next.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll finish the stage talk for Wario later, now we talk Donkey Kong:

Character Talk #12 Donkey Kong

Counter Pick Against: ?

Stage Strike: ?

Banned: ?

Discussion From Pages: ?​

There's a lot of confution about stage picks for him, the reason why I picked him, that and the match up discussion Donkey Kong's the main topic.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I posted this in the MU discussion thread, so I'll re-post it here.

Battlefield: Two Stars

This is by and large a Donkey Kong favorable stage. There are two platforms for DK to utilize directly for cover, and the stage is small enough to keep Kirby in reach at most times. The extra platforms are also a major boon to DK's recovery, giving him three lag-less landing possibilities for his up-b as well as the ledge. The more options DK has for recovery, the less predictable DK's recovery is going to be (aka more difficult to gimp). Kirby should also beware of a DK using up-b off of the platforms. It grants SA throughout the entire move if done correctly, can laglessly end on the next platform down and can lead into most anything, usually a d-smash. Kirby can utilize the platforms for up-b mindgames, but little else against DK considering that DK is going to stick to the ground for most of a battle here. The stage is more in DK's favor and less in Kirby's. Strike it, but don't ban it.

Final Destination: Four Stars

This is the starter stage Kirby is going to want to go to. No platforms means no cover for DK, and more importantly less recovery options. Kirby is going to want to get DK off the stage at low percents here and gimp as many times as possible. The stage gives no advantage to DK at all in this MU, so the nod goes to Kirby on this stage.

Smashville: Three and 1/2 Stars

While not a bad stage for DK, the fact that the platform is moving can be a pain. This is a smaller version of FD for DK, with the slight possibility of having a platform to recover to if lucky enough. Kirby benefits from the platform much more than DK does, and can gimp here almost as easily as on FD. A few random things to be aware of, though. Any time DK grabs you near the edge of the stage on the end of the moving platform, he can kill you by using d-cargo toss in the direction of the blast zone. It isn't % specific, and kills instantly. The other thing to be aware of (though it is completely useless) is the DK can travel under the stage and successfully grab the ledge on the other side. Slightly in Kirby's favor, but not by much.

Yoshi's Island: One Star

Don't take a competent DK here. Don't even bother. Kirby has no reliable way to deal with the up-b tech on this stage and the platform makes it difficult to even deal out damage. Also take into consideration that the up-b tech grants DK access to any part of the stage any time he wants, and you have a stage that is LARGELY against you. This should be your stage ban, hands down. If you don't ban it you are doing something wrong.

Rainbow Cruise: Three Stars

This stage would look like a great stage for Kirby in this MU, but it isn't so much. The first leg of the stage has almost everything DK could want in a stage. Close blast zones, platforms for defense and recovery options, and best of all (for the DK) a wall for the d-tilt lock. Kirby doesn't have much going for him in the first stretch, save for gimps still being possible.

The second section of the stage is the complete opposite. Un-even footing and a lack of platforms for recovery and defense make for a very unhappy DK. There are also abundant opportunities to gimp here. A star-shot off the left hand side under the platform is a proverbial death sentence. DK's ability to survive high percents can be stripped away with clever timing and utilization of the left blast wall (keep in mind, DK can use it too, but not quite as well). The magic carpets are hovering death-traps for DK if he gets on them due to Kirby's off-stage versatility. DK's only saving graces are that he is much more mobile that Kirby, and can spike for a chance at a gimp. Expect the DK to run away in this section, but be sure to utilize whatever you can get (especially during the pendulum section where DK will have no place to run to).

The third section is a mixed bag for both characters. DK has two walls to d-tilt lock with, but neither lasts an incredibly long time, so the damage potential is limited (DK can halt the lock on the second wall and force Kirby off the top of the screen though. Thanks to Darknid for pointing that out). The platforms are non-moving and over the stage, but the movement of the stage forces DK to keep moving (and vulnerable). Kirby likewise sacrifices his biggest asset in this MU by not being able to gimp here. Overall, this stage could go either way for either character.

Jungle Japes: One and 1/2 Stars

This stage is usually pretty good for Kirby. Dair and inhale gimps can cause most characters a lot of problems, and the HUGE distance between the stage and the blast zones help Kirby to stay alive for a long time. Unfortunately for Kirby, DK can eliminate Kirby's ability to gimp on this stage and out-ranges Kirby to the point where inhale will be very hard to pull off. On most stages, Kirby can gimp DK with a single dair at almost any percentage, let alone a dair to a footstool. On Jungle Japes, this is taken away from Kirby twofold. First, the river. DK has one of the best horizontal recoveries in the game, and will likely survive attempts to dair gimp from anywhere except the far left side of the stage, which DK will simply try to avoid. The other problem with this stage is getting the dair to spike in the first place. A competent DK will be able to abuse the up-b SA tech over any and every nook and cranny where Kirby would usually be able to dair gimp, completely eliminating it from the equation. Tack on that the up-b will almost always end lag-lessly due to the structure of the stage via platforms or ledges, and all Kirby can hope to do is tack on a bit of extra damage, hoping to dish out enough for an outright KO later. DK can use cargo tosses on Kirby to stage spike and knock Kirby into the river god klaptrap, giving DK a much more feasible gimp game here. If the elimination of Kirby's gimp game wasn't enough, the stage gives DK a large hovering platform for good measure. Don't take DK here.

Delfino Plaza: Three Stars

Do you remember how I said that this MU is very momentum based? Well, this stage accentuates it to the point of lunacy (and fun!). Either the stage blatantly favors Kirby, or blatantly favors DK, rarely in between. The various layouts for the "moving" part of the stage can favor either DK or Kirby depending on the platform layout. The platforms are usually too high for DK to take better advantage of than Kirby, though, so this portion of the stage will almost always favor Kirby. Just a side note, DK can shark just like Kirby here and use up-b to land directly of the stage or move to either ledge, so don't get too shark happy.

There are too many landing sites for me to really want to go over in detail, so I'll make a few generalizations. First, stay out of the water. DK can use it WAY better than Kirby can. Three spikes with one killing before the 50% mark is not a good thing. Kirby can't spike kill in the water until after 200%. Second, walls are DK's friends, not Kirby's. Any time there is a wall, DK can use it for the lock, and there are a LOT of walls on this stage. Finally,The stage walk-offs can be useful for either character, but move often than not DK gets the nod for his mobility. Beware of d-toss gimps. This stage can go either way, and it usually does so in the extreme.

Brinstar: Four Stars

This stage is usually DK heaven. Close blast zones, small stage, platforms for an increase to his air game, extended hit-boxes using the various destructible parts of the stage... yeah, DK has a lot going for him here. The big problem in this MU, though, is Kirby's ability to utilize the platforms better. The platforms give Kirby relatively safe places to land (DK can still attack using aerials, but that will quickly become a problem for DK and I'll explain why in a moment) and allowing Kirby to stay air-borne almost the entire match. DK is forced to compete in the air with Kirby here, and will eventually lose out due to u-air and bair becoming stale and Kirby's killing moves remaining relatively fresh. Because Kirby can stay in the air so long here, most of DK's other advantages go out the window simply because they become very unlikely to hit Kirby. If you add in the fact that Kirby can shark on this stage for good measure, Kirby simply outperforms DK here. Just be sure not to get hit!

I don't have much to say on the other stages like Pictochat and PS1 simply because I don't play them much, and stages like Port Town and the Mansion simply because they are banned around here. As a side note, I see Kirby having more to abuse stage wise than DK on PS1, and Pictochat is hard to guage because of DK's survivability and up-b tech here compared to Kirby's stone tricks. Outside of these stages, just pick what's best for you. Hope this helps! :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Wow, only two of our starters are good to take him on? I haven't thought of Final Destination or Brinstar being good stages to take him on. Though if Port Town Aero Dive wasn't almost always ban, that would help Kirby a lot, lol. This does help a lot thrilla, we need more people to help with this discussion.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Wow, only two of our starters are good to take him on? I haven't thought of Final Destination or Brinstar being good stages to take him on. Though if Port Town Aero Dive wasn't almost always ban, that would help Kirby a lot, lol. This does help a lot thrilla, we need more people to help with this discussion.

What do you mean "only two starters", lol? That's two out of three around here. The only starter stages in Oregon are BF, FD and Smashville. I agree with the Port Town assessment, seeing as DK suffers from lack of vertical recovery and you need it on that stage. Also, glad to help. :)

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
In the air DK has the advantage with his back air. It has longer reach and i think both characters back airs have the same priority.

On the ground at lower percentages Kirby has the advantage due to his combo grab game.

Once DK is in his 40's however the match tips in DK's favor due to his range game and extreme power.

If DK is off stage Kirby can spike DK easily although the same can be said about DK spiking Kirby.

Over all i would give this a 60:40 advantage to DK.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Before anyone else make a mistake and thinks this is a match up thread, make sure you read the first post, or the title of this thread. This is a stage discussion thread, meaning you post here to show the knowledge of what stage to pick and what stage not to pick. Don't get confused on the difference of a match up thread, and a stage discussion thread please.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Jam and I might be able to play some hot DK action to help you. Well mostly Jam, he's much better with DK than I am, he destroys Meta Knight's. O_o

I post this because I hate to see yet another stage guide go to waste. I mean nearly every character boards stage guide is dead except... this one.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
I'm not too sure about Smashville being a Kirby advantage stage, but I'll agree on Yoshi's Island. Pokemon Stadium on Wario is a must, Jungle Japes is good to, but we can't take Wario to Rainbow Cruise however.
For some reason i don't do THAT bad on Yoshi's Island, but its not one of my better stages. But i do find Smashville to be one of my best stages.

I have a question too. Do you guys think platforms help or hinder Kirby? Or does that completely depend on the character you're fighting against or the stage you're fighting on?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
For some reason i don't do THAT bad on Yoshi's Island, but its not one of my better stages. But i do find Smashville to be one of my best stages.

I have a question too. Do you guys think platforms help or hinder Kirby? Or does that completely depend on the character you're fighting against or the stage you're fighting on?
It's usually just stage-dependent. Brinstar, for example, is a **** Kirby stage with platforms...Battlefield is a below-average Kirby stage with platforms.

Also, I'm pretty much opposite, I love Yoshi's, Smashville is okay...I hate battlefield.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
How the platforms are spaced and who your opponent is changes how the platforms are going to be seen in a game. Generally speaking though, if the platforms are moving or off to the sides (like they are on Brinstar) they aid Kirby's air game more than they would other characters. Too bad about BF A1. Its my favorite stage in the game...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think I'm ready to reopen this, I might redo the whole character talk because some character talks needs to be rediscussed, and I have more online time on this weekend.

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
Against DK, i usually bring him to Delfino. During the main platform, sharking is very useful vs him, and if he uses Downb, wait it out and punish. its pretty easy to gimp him on the main platform, especially since if he misses the sweetspot ledgegrab its either him getting a fsmash to the face, or him Recovering through the stage then falling to his doom. The only problem with this stage is the walkoffs. If he grabs you near the edge, then expect to be cargo'd off the stage, but the same is true if you suck him up near the edge of a walkoff.

I would avoid japes for this matchup, too many ways for him to get you in the water, and his recovery is very useful on japes, although kyrbiciding on the left then dairing his reovery is a useful tactic

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll re-start the Kirby stage discussion. I'll expect more people will partake in this discussion so it would help the Kirby boards to know what stages to pick against your opponent. I'll re-edit the first 10 characters we did since I have time now than before. What should character 11 be guys?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Zelda it is. And Yes, I did find Pokemon Stadium for Kirby on Brawl+ to be broken. =P

Remember what to post, what stages to pick, what stages to strike, and what stages to ban and of course give reasons why it should be counter/striked/banned.

I'll give my word later since I have a great amount of Zelda experience. Right now it's too early for me to think right. ^_^;

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Based on how much discussion there is for Zelda. We really have no clue what to use against her.
My guess would be on stages with annoying ledges, not that would matter against an experienced Zelda player (there is always that chance they could mess up though). If I remember correctly, Zelda is primary a defense fighter. So a stage that makes it easier to approach her would work out better.
My picks:
FD
Delfino
PS1
RC
Nofair

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll pay more attention to this thread from now on.

As for your picks warpd, I'll agree with most of them except for Nofair, Zelda does better than Kirby on that stage, when Sheik is picked it's even more of a hassle to deal with... hmm, maybe I should change the title to Zelda and Sheik.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
All I can say you guys is don't pick Battlefield. It's easily one of her best stages.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll strongly agree with you on Battlefield, I even lost to my friend that plays Zelda that doesn't play at a high level on that stage once. But Battlefield personally is my worst stage though. At least Halberd is a good stage to pick when fighting Zelda.

warpd

Smash Apprentice
Sheik does well on BF as well. Stages with close blast lines helps fighting against that Ninja. My personal favorite is Brinstar. That is until Sheik turns into Zelda.
Lately the Zelda/Sheik match up has become more even between the two characters, but finding someone that uses them both effectively is still rare.
I guess I just lucky on Nofair; it was only that one time anyway.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Pick Rainbow Cruise and Japes.

Zelda is terrible on rainbow cruise (even with that super long recovery o_O) and super gimpable and stuff, and one mistake is like death.

I havnt seen a zelda abuse Japes yet, and since kirby is lovable on japes, why not take her there? may be more of a IMO type of thing i guess.

Strike BF

No big suprize. U smash goes through the platform !!! *strike ban strike ban* Seriously though, Zelda is way too good on this stage. She's super hard to approach due to the platform, and her u smash goes through the platform!!! If you get taken here, your sourd of doing it wrong @_@. (thats why i only fought a zelda here once xD)

Ban BF/Mansion

Im midwest, so sorry if mansion isnt legal where your from. Zelda is a monster on mansion. if you get usmashed, your going to get usmashed again and again until it leads to a dsmash or a fsmash. also, she abuses the pillars way harder then you do.

so yeah sorry if any of these stages are not legal where your from. Sorry if i suck at this too xD. This is my first time recommending stages for anything. glad to help though!!!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Sheik does well on BF as well. Stages with close blast lines helps fighting against that Ninja. My personal favorite is Brinstar. That is until Sheik turns into Zelda.
Lately the Zelda/Sheik match up has become more even between the two characters, but finding someone that uses them both effectively is still rare.
I guess I just lucky on Nofair; it was only that one time anyway.
Sheik doesn't have much stage control when she's fighting Kirby like Zelda does, Brinstar is a good choice since Sheik has limited kill moves, and you can kill her fast on that stage, though Zelda would change your mind of picking this stage yes. ^_^

And according to many of our match up writers, Sheik is even and Zelda give us a slight advatage when it come's to match up's. And do not pick Nofair with Sheik or Zelda or you'll regreat it.

Pick Rainbow Cruise and Japes.

Zelda is terrible on rainbow cruise (even with that super long recovery o_O) and super gimpable and stuff, and one mistake is like death.

I havnt seen a zelda abuse Japes yet, and since kirby is lovable on japes, why not take her there? may be more of a IMO type of thing i guess.

Strike BF

No big suprize. U smash goes through the platform !!! *strike ban strike ban* Seriously though, Zelda is way too good on this stage. She's super hard to approach due to the platform, and her u smash goes through the platform!!! If you get taken here, your sourd of doing it wrong @_@. (thats why i only fought a zelda here once xD)

Ban BF/Mansion

Im midwest, so sorry if mansion isnt legal where your from. Zelda is a monster on mansion. if you get usmashed, your going to get usmashed again and again until it leads to a dsmash or a fsmash. also, she abuses the pillars way harder then you do.

so yeah sorry if any of these stages are not legal where your from. Sorry if i suck at this too xD. This is my first time recommending stages for anything. glad to help though!!!
I agree with all your post, and some tournaments have Luigi's Mansion as a playable stage so this is helpful.

I hate battlefield :@ Seriously I always ban it in all my tourney matches except if I'm playing snake or IC's or whatever.
You and me both, are you my twin? =P

Ice Climbers is not much of a problem on Battlefield, but they're also not too friendly on that stage either, but better Battlefield than Smashville, or Final Destination. Snake shouldn't be too much of a bother on Battlefield though.

Top Bottom