• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Super Star Ultra *EU realese date added*

PKNessEB

Smash Journeyman
Yes it will, but I'm not sure how it works, with one game pack or with two. =/

Just a romer, this game might be relesed a week earlier.
Yeah there's a good chance it will work like that,maybe 1 game card for the main games co-ops & more then 1 cards for the 2-4 player mini-games.IDK,just a guess.

That would be awesome if it was released 1 week earlier!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Change in date for the US, Kirby Super Star Ultra will now come out on the 22 of September for the US now. :D I know I'm real late for this, but trying to spread the word out. XD

But EU is still TBA and Japan has the same date up.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well, this looks like a revamp in design, along with a few additions to make it somewhat more than a remake, Maybe this is the push to get me into the Kirby series (Canvas Curse failed at that one, but that was before going on youtube to find out how to do things). I have noticed, however, that the Haliberd looks like the one from Brawl, which is likely the greatest example of design change (not to mention 3D cut scenes)

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
This is actually bad news (from my perspective). I don't have a DS, and with this remake, prospects for a VC release are getting smaller.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So glad I have an r4 - er, I mean, the money to import this one. Not waiting for the US release.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
So glad I have an r4 - er, I mean, the money to import this one. Not waiting for the US release.
Read the OP, at least. I mean, everybody skips reading the posts once in a while, but why do they not read the OP?

Like Darkslash said, the US release is before Japans. Unless you're going to import it from a different state, and that would be a waste of money.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
wow, that's a miracle, a game is coming out in the US before Japan *gasp*

probably the wrong time (maybe mentioned before) but is there going to be a Kirby RPG for the Wii?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Uh, you guys do know that there are several occasions where a game by Nintendo was released in another country before Japan. Metroid has a tank full of these (with exception to the original Metroid and Super Metroid, Metroid games are released in the US first [sometimes along with Canada], Most of the time, Japan is the last country to get their hands on the game)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
According to a news article on the latest Nintendo Power issue, one of the new games will be called "The Revenge of the King". Could this title be referring to King Dedede?

Also, there will be a game where you can play as Meta Knight.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Change in the Japan date. It's coming out on November 6, 2008 for Japan. So we are getting this game before Japan are we? Just a few more weeks for the US. :D

Lovely

Smash Lord
I kind of wish I didn't leave the US now. This game comes out sooo late in November. D:

This game did win the E3 best choice for the DS after all.

@Deception

There are new mini games and game modes like Revenge of the King and such. It wasn't enough previews to really show how this game is. =/

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
I've never played an old-school Kirby game before (except Kirby 64 on VC).
So I'm gonna order this game as soon as it's available!

"Revenge of the King". Sounds like King Dedede is the star of that show.

:dedede: :bee:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I already own the original, so I'm not sure I want to buy this. Is there enough new content to warrant a purchase?
Wikipedia said:
It will include all the sub-games from the original Kirby Super Star, and will include five additional sub-games (thus totaling 14 confirmed sub-games), as well as two new Arena modes, fully rendered animated cutscenes, and improved graphics. The new subgames include "Revenge of the King," described as a "platforming adventure" by Nintendo Power, and "Meta Knight Ultra," in which the player controls Meta Knight and can perform certain actions using the touch screen, as main sub-games, and as well as three new mini-games, "Kirby Card Swipe", "Kirby on the Draw", and "Snack Tracks", that will also take advantage of the Nintendo DS's touch screen and local wireless abilities, allowing up to three handheld to download for multiplayer action. The game will also allow multiplayer in the main adventure modes via local wireless.
Yes, you want this game. :D

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Since my favorite Kirby game already got its remake (Kirby's adventure), I'm glad to see my 2nd favorite to be getting one too. I'll buy it as soon as I can.

Lovely

Smash Lord
You know what would be funny, if they had the VC of Kirby Super Star on the same day it comes out. Ok, that would be a little sad, they should put Kirby Dream Land 3 instead and Super Star later. But I'm kind of sad that theres little to no gameplay leaks in this game. DX

DK2

Smash Apprentice
I want the new Kirby game on my DS because I don't have that much DS games. And I think this going to be the best Kirby game ever. KIRBY RULES!

Lovely

Smash Lord
And I think this going to be the best Kirby game ever.
Agreed, even though I have no idea why Nightmare in Dreamland was scored a lot lower than original Kirby Adventure. Oh well, this game better not score lower than Kirby Super Star but the same or higher. ;D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby Super Star Ultra commercial is out in the US, by the time I got home I missed recording it. D:

But other than that, I'm more excited to get this game, well just less then seven days left. :D

Lovely

Smash Lord
lol, I love the commercial, it seem like a better commercial then Amazing Mirror. ;D

§leepy God

Smash Master
lol, I just now saw the commercial. I don't know which one is better, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror commercial, Kirby Super Star commercial, or Kirby Super Star Ultra commercial. O_o

Either way, I will enjoy this game. :)

Lovely

Smash Lord
Hmm, makes me wonder what will the Japan commercial look like, I hope is as good as this or better. :D

It looks like you can use both classic and touch controls in this game.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol, I just now saw the commercial. I don't know which one is better, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror commercial, Kirby Super Star commercial, or Kirby Super Star Ultra commercial. O_o

Either way, I will enjoy this game. :)
I'll say the Amazing Mirror commercial is my favroite, but this commercial shows the awesomeness of Kirby so I like the Kirby Super Star Ultra commercial as well. And BTW Sleepy, I didn't know you have a DS. O_o

Lovely

Smash Lord
Aw man, Revenge of the King is just a mode that King Dedede is much harder then before and you can't play as King Dedede. D:

But however Meta Knightmare Ultra you get to play as Meta Knight, cool. :D

Japan get's a good name as well. Kirby of the Stars Ultra Super Deluxe, I like it, people say this is the number one DS game this year so far. :D

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Never got to play the SNES version, so I'm pumped.

Looks like the only DS game interesting ATM.

Top Bottom