• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Super Star Ultra *EU realese date added*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

Fans of Dreamland rejoice. The new Kirby game is about to be released soon and it's a remake of one of the best Kirby title ever made, (maybe the best Kirby title ever out) Kirby Super Star in a DS form. For people who don't know Kirby Super Star, here's a Wikipedia page for it.

Although Nightmare in DreamLand for the GBA wasn't as good as some people thought to be on the first Kirby remake, but this remake will show not only show better game play, but more things added to the game, like new mini games, game modes, etc.

My personal review:

It's just like what people said, it's just like getting a better verson of Kirby Super Star. Alright let me get started of the differences of the game starting with ablities.

Normal: Just like the last Kirby titles, when you press select you get rid of your ablity. This is useful if you don't want to summon a helper. Of course you can do the reguler stuff like in the last verson, just that the Select button function is new.

Ice: Ice Storm can last forever now if you hold down b. And if you tap b three times you get to do this move as well. Also, the skate looks cooler then before.

Plasma: Plasma is a little more borken then ever, every plasma shot can go past walls now and do a tad bit more damage then the last verson. Also Kirby becomes Green when he get's this abilty. :D

Yo-yo: Nothing new that I know of.

Bomb: It's easier to aim and attack with Bomb Kirby, but it's a little harder to do Bomb Drop on enemies.

Sword: Does a little more damage and it's better to have in Arena then the last verson of Super Star.

Fire: Fire Kirby is harder to hit an foe with, which makes this a not so good abilty to use on Sub Bosses or Bosses.

Wing: A little harder to use Bomber Head is all.

Cutter: Still a great ability to have, still comes with the Final Cutter, even though you can't control it like the last Kirby titles, but hey, you got Final Cutter. <3

Mirror: The Color is more pale than the last verson, still one of the best ablities to have due for you Reflect Gard and can't get damage from more attacks than reguler gard when you use it, except by grabs.

Beam: Just about the same.

Fighter: Judo Throw is new, other then that it's the same.

Parasol: Noting new that I know of.

Stone: The color is new, and the transformations are also new and does more damage and still invincible.

Wheel: You can no longer jump and you can brake and slow down but it's not too useful. I suggest using the Wheelie.

Jet: This ability is much better, your jet fire has better reach. When you fly, you also can burn foes under you. And Jet Craker is much better as well. Helper looks cooler then the last verson.

Suplex: This ablity still have the short straw, it's just a grabing move to throw foes, it looks good, (Fury Stomp FTW), but it's not good to use on bosses.

Hammer: This ablity is still very strong and great to have when facing Bosses, just don't use the hammer throw unless your in Milky Way Wishes.

Ninja: On of the sweetest looking ablity in the game. Same as the last verson, but it's still kool. :D

Copy: Same thing, it's best to ues TAC then Copy Kirby.

Cook: My most favroite abilty, (look at my sig), does the same thing, but the sound effects are a little diffrent.

Crash: Same effect, but diffrent face now.

Mic: The sound effects are a little diffrent then before, it's not as good as Nightmare In Dreamland that one's the best sounding one. <3

Paint: Same as Crash, but looks diffrent then the last verson.

Alright that cover the Abilties, now for the new game modes.

Revenge of the King: This mode is like Spring Breeze on steroids and so are the bosses and sub bosses. I actually died by Masked Dedede. O_o Also some of the sub bosses from the previous Kirby titles are in this mode as well and most of the eneimes have makeovers as well, kind of like Super Mario World after you beat the extra stages.

Meta Knightmare Ultra: Yep, as many people expected, you get to play as Meta Knight. <3 The controls are like having Sword Kirby combine with Wing Kirby's flight ability. The extra part with Meta Knight is that you have a power meter, each meter is grow after all the foes you put to rest, the max you can store is 50.

Knight Call: Meta Knight calls a sword helper and does his job, but if he dies he just explodes after his HP is out and not take time. Uses 2 on the meter.

Meta Quick: Meta Knight becomes faster than before, best if you want to get the best time record. Uses 8 on the meter.

Heal: Easy, just heals all you HP to full. Uses 10 on the meter.

Mach Tornado: This move is like crash but a more broken verson of it, it looks cool though. Uses 30 on the Meter

Helper To Hero: This is almost the same as The Arena but your the Helper and not Kirby. It's almost the same except you don't face any bosses from Milky Way Wishes and theres a extra boss as well, a crystal verson of the last boss in The Great Cave Offensive. It's harder then the rock verson, but you can only face it in this mode though.

The True Arena: This mode has all the hardest bosses, (including Helper To Hero, Meta Knight Ultra final bosses), and all the revenge bosses/sub bosses in the game in one evil gay holy hell package. Make it even harder, you don't get no Maximum Tomato but reguler tomato, and Marx Soul is the final final boss in the game and is a steroided verson of Marx. This game mode is the hardest game mode in the game and requair skills to beat this mode, (or pick Plasma Kirby).

That's all on the new modes, mini games comming soon.

Game Mode Selection Menu:

Spring Breeze:

Dyna Blade:

Gorment Race:

The Great Cave Offensive:

Revenge of Meta Knight:

Milky Way Wishes:

Box Art:

Release Dates as of now:

NA: September 22, 2008
JP: November 6, 2008
EU: 28 November (TBA)
AUS: November 27, 2008

E3 Trailer

Commercial

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Us americans are actually getting a kirby game before japan? That's shocking >_>.
anyway, hopefully Metaknight is playable, like last time.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Finally, another Kirby title that looks fun to play. This Kirby title will be awesome, I can tell it will be. I can't wait for this game to come out. :D

Lovely

Smash Lord
I'm hearing Revenge of the King and Meta Knight Ultra is in this game, I wonder how those two game modes will play. Meta Knight Ultra means you get to play as Meta Knight I guess.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I'm hearing Revenge of the King and Meta Knight Ultra is in this game, I wonder how those two game modes will play. Meta Knight Ultra means you get to play as Meta Knight I guess.
similarly, I suppose in Revenge of the King, you get to play as King Dedede.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Every Smash Bros fan should buy this. Sakurai's single player masterpiece. Hell, most of the Smash series takes elements from Superstar.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Finally a game that looks good for the DS. My DS needs to be played since I haven't played it in months.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
This just made my day. The greatest Kirby game finally remade for portability. I've been so mad that they were taking so long to make it, but now it is HERE!!! This game is also home to one of the bosses they should have put in Brawl Adventure Mode, Dyna Blade. And with the new modes and the possible MK play, it will be great!!!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
IS IT CO-OP!? I WANT CO-OP! Kirby And The Amazing Mirror had some fun co-op.
It might be, but some of the screen shots show that you can be a helper once again, but I wonder if that's a DS download or a DS wireless play?

Another thing that puzzles me, is Kirby Super Star coming out on the VC the same day or close to Super Star Ultra?

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Its coming out on September 29 2008. And you can play up to 3 players on co-op

W00T!!!1!!!1!1!1

oh and what I said is true look it up on google

Lovely

Smash Lord

W00T!!!1!!!1!1!1

Really?!?! This game is trully going to be awesome. I'm guessing with co-op the levels are going to be a little hardder than Super Star then, huh?

rhan

Smash Hero
**** YEA!

One of the best Kirby games known to man being remade for the DS.

I <3 Nintendo :3

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Nintendo makes a game like Brawl that people complain about (not me) and then they turn around and remake a game to please the masses.

Gotta love em' :)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

W00T!!!1!!!1!1!1

Hmm, I don't think it would be a three player co-op, it would be too easy, it was fully conformed that the Mini Games was four player, but not many things on the Game Modes, maybe it's true.... I'll go find out.

freetyme

Smash Cadet
Fantastic! I was waiting for them to release this on Virtual Console but looks like now I won't have to. What does anyone think the odds are it will have some sort of Wii to DS functionality like Metroid Fusion to Metroid Prime?

Nintendo really needs to think about doing that more, especially since more people could use it now that you don't have to buy a cable. Heck, what about a DS player for your TV. (Still using your DS for touch screen stuff but the screen blank and instead blown up on your nice big TV off topic though, sorry.)

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Looks pretty good to me, I might get it on November, since I'd be too busy with Midnight Club 4 :p

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Where's "Milky Way Wishes?" That's was the best one!
Oh Milky Way Wishes is in the game alright, but like in the first one, it was a hidden Game Mode so it wasn't no Screen Shots of it. D:

But it might be more when E3 comes out, (if they show this game).

Games'n'Music

Smash Cadet
Oh, I remember this game! It was so fun back in the days.
I might be getting this, since I haven't bought a new DS game this whole year.
I hope Nintendo releases more info at E3.

Kirbyftw

Smash Rookie
Superstar easily in my top 5 of all time, maybe even 1st. Haven't picked up my ds in ages but I will definately get this game, still own the old one for the snes. This is much better than a new kirby game for all of those who haven't played the original

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I want this game... so badly.

I'm a KSS fan, even though I've never played it.
lol, my friend is the same way. The biggest thing I like in this game is that you can block attacks comming at you, but not all of theme though however.

Top Bottom