• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Help Desk: FAQ & Links & Introductions, ASK HERE! (Soon Resuming)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Not very. Situationally it can be nice over the edge for grab releases (or the release where they just kind of fall downwards, which can lead to easy gimps, especially on ZSS.).

You can also sometime trick an opponent by doing GR>Fsmash or a regrab, but generally speaking, his grab release is bad.

Oh, and against some walls, you can do a grab release chain (not infinite, but very hard to break out of.).

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Seems I posted this is the wrong place so...

KAPLAH!!!

I need some advice on fighting Ness. Fought one today for a bunch of friendlies and I practiced 3 characters against him. I 2 stocked him regularly with Fox and Pikachu but for the most part he got me to the last stock at high % when I used Kirby.

It's apparently called neutral here, and I understand that from these matches today, but what's the best way for Kirby to fight Ness?

I noticed that camping on the ground was safest cause Ness is so priority full and damaging in the air, but passed the grabs, maybe a couple dtilts and ftilts for spacing and utilts when it's called for, how do you deal with generally high priority horizontal aerial characters.

Also applying this to Marth and so on. Fair > mah bair :(
Helpziez?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
For marth, you just have to know the marth player really well/know marth in general really well/CP Jungle Japes. Well enough to predict what they'll do at any time. Well enough to know what happens when you roll behind their SHDF, knowing if how much they try to hit you after you throw them, etc.

Ness...I don't play many. Don't fall for the PKT mindgames (aka they spin it twice, make you approach, they make a larger circle than needed, etc.).

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Pretty much just being a smarter player should get the win, yes. That's the only reason I win ever. lol

I main Random, so smarts is all I have. What I'm looking for is the process you go through when fighting a Marth. It's a little tough to explain. I guess an example...

Edgeguarding Marth, Bair and Dair.

is that all there is to it really?

I'm just looking for some kind of trick to the match up that isn't just generically playing the way Kirby plays. :\

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm just looking for some kind of trick to the match up that isn't just generically playing the way Kirby plays. :\
So am I... Let me give you a bit of advice I've found: Inhale break>footstool doesn't work on Marth... at all...

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
So I was at the tournament the other week, and SWKel (SK92's brother) did a F-throw, U-air, Up-Angled F-tilt, Up-Tilt and it worked pretty well, what are your guys thoughts on this?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Well, a lot of people still don't know how to SDI the F-throw combo, so the Up-Angled F-tilt can still be useful. You can pull this off easily on fast-fallers and large characters, but then again you can pull off a LOT of stuff on those guys.

I use this combo when I grab someone near the ledge. They're likely to DI toward you because they don't want to go any farther off-stage, and after the Up-Angled F-tilt you can catch them very often with a D-tilt which prevents them from grabbing the ledge. From there you can follow up with whatever you think might gimp them (Cypher Grab, F-air, Footstool, Inhale, or just Edge Hog/Edge Guard).

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
Dear Humans:

How should i train? there are no tournies where i live and i cannot drive 8 hours to attend one.

-Kirbz

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby world IS pretty far from most smashers.

Do you have wifi? @_@

It's, unfortunately, your best option.

edit the day after: I used this post to write something to make a new sig. ^_^

アズディオー カービィ メイン

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Dear Humans:

How should i train? there are no tournies where i live and i cannot drive 8 hours to attend one.

-Kirbz
My option is to look for friends in school that play Brawl, force your siblings that know's how to play video game's to play Brawl, or as Asdioh said, play wifi with friends.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Well, a lot of people still don't know how to SDI the F-throw combo, so the Up-Angled F-tilt can still be useful. You can pull this off easily on fast-fallers and large characters, but then again you can pull off a LOT of stuff on those guys.
Ah yes, matches vs foxes in experience with the kirby matchup are like...fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fthrow>uair>fsmash.

t!MmY said:
I use this combo when I grab someone near the ledge. They're likely to DI toward you because they don't want to go any farther off-stage, and after the Up-Angled F-tilt you can catch them very often with a D-tilt which prevents them from grabbing the ledge. From there you can follow up with whatever you think might gimp them (Cypher Grab, F-air, Footstool, Inhale, or just Edge Hog/Edge Guard).
I usually do fthrow>uair>fthrow>air hammer in that situation. And then I get replays of me following it up with a kirbycide :D.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Hi Kirby mains
Just wanted to introduce myself
Im Lil CJ and I just started maining Kirby
I was at a tournament and I met Y.b.M. one of the Midwest's best Kirby players
I saw his Kirby in action, learned a few things, and wanted to start using Kirby too
I want to learn all I can about Kirby
and join the Kirby family
Im mostly in the Lucas and Zelda boards
But I will start to coming to the Kirby boards more often to learn all I can and make new friends

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Good luck. =^_^=

Nice job not making a new thread, lol.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I know! Flawless victory!

Hi Kirby mains
Just wanted to introduce myself
Im Lil CJ and I just started maining Kirby
I was at a tournament and I met Y.b.M. one of the Midwest's best Kirby players
I saw his Kirby in action, learned a few things, and wanted to start using Kirby too
I want to learn all I can about Kirby
and join the Kirby family
Im mostly in the Lucas and Zelda boards
But I will start to coming to the Kirby boards more often to learn all I can and make new friends
That's cool. I haven't seen Y.B.M. on the site much in a while (and he ignored my visitor message like people usually do) but I've been impressed with him lately. The first time I played him was like...in September, or something, and he beat me 2-1 in pools, and I thought it was because I underestimated him since he was using a Wiimote+nunchuk. Who does that?

And now I looked at recent tournament placings, and he came in 1st at a no-MK tourney, and 3rd at some other tourney. It looks like he's better than I originally gave him credit for, and his cocky posts claiming that he was the best Kirby in the midwest can't be too far from the truth, lol. All I can hope is that he comes to the tourney I'm going to in 2 days so I can play him, or I place high at this tourney to prove that I am also top tier.

Anyway, if you get to practice with him occasionally, that is probably a great way to learn.

Kirby is teh man, good choice.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Good luck. =^_^=

I know! Flawless victory!

That's cool. I haven't seen Y.B.M. on the site much in a while (and he ignored my visitor message like people usually do) but I've been impressed with him lately. The first time I played him was like...in September, or something, and he beat me 2-1 in pools, and I thought it was because I underestimated him since he was using a Wiimote+nunchuk. Who does that?

And now I looked at recent tournament placings, and he came in 1st at a no-MK tourney, and 3rd at some other tourney. It looks like he's better than I originally gave him credit for, and his cocky posts claiming that he was the best Kirby in the midwest can't be too far from the truth, lol. All I can hope is that he comes to the tourney I'm going to in 2 days so I can play him, or I place high at this tourney to prove that I am also top tier.

Anyway, if you get to practice with him occasionally, that is probably a great way to learn.

Kirby is teh man, good choice.

I met Y.b.M. at the No-MK tourny at UK where he placed 1st
Thats where he taught me a few things about Kirby
Ever since Ive been practicing with Kirby non stop
The Kirby boards are alot nicer than the other boards lol

lil cj

Smash Lord
Y.B.M.'s Kirby is the real thing.

But so is lil' cj's lucas... you owe me a rematch man
Lol thanks
My Lucas is alright:)
I still gotta alot to learn though
Im tryna get my Kirby to that level too
Kirby is great and top tier...I might place higher in tournies if I get better with Lucas and Kirby

Your Luigi was a beast
We had some epic matches
Im lookin forward to a rematch at the next tourny

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

I met Y.b.M. at the No-MK tourny at UK where he placed 1st
Thats where he taught me a few things about Kirby
Ever since Ive been practicing with Kirby non stop
The Kirby boards are alot nicer than the other boards lol
Lol, they're nice until you say Chu is good as Kirby. D;

Anyway, Y.B.M is preeeetty good. He might just be the best one in the Midwest. Too bad I don't main Kirby anymore. ;x;

lil cj

Smash Lord
Lol, they're nice until you say Chu is good as Kirby. D;

Anyway, Y.B.M is preeeetty good. He might just be the best one in the Midwest. Too bad I don't main Kirby anymore. ;x;
U dont main Kirby anymore??:(
Ive seen your Kirby and ICs on youtube
Your pretty good
Who else do u use?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
U dont main Kirby anymore??:(
Ive seen your Kirby and ICs on youtube
Your pretty good
Who else do u use?
Thanks. xD

And yeah, I use Kirby still, but he's more of a secondary to my ICs. :x And I also use Marth. He's pretty. :D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Anyway, Y.B.M is preeeetty good. He might just be the best one in the Midwest.
I'll say online yes, but offline I don't think so. Well fromundaman would know since he lives in the same state as him.

Too bad I don't main Kirby anymore. ;x;
I just died a little inside, lol. What made your Kirby not do so well to make him your secondary?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I just died a little inside, lol. What made your Kirby not do so well to make him your secondary?
Nothing like that happened at all, lol. It just felt like I was doing the same exact thing every single match, and it got boring. Gonzo Combo ~ BAir ~ A few tilts ~ FSmash.

With ICs it feels like there's always something new to do, and are a more strategic character, which keeps me entertained.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Nothing like that happened at all, lol. It just felt like I was doing the same exact thing every single match, and it got boring. Gonzo Combo ~ BAir ~ A few tilts ~ FSmash.

With ICs it feels like there's always something new to do, and are a more strategic character, which keeps me entertained.
Strange, you said the opposite of my friend Lovely because she use to second main Ice Climbers. XD

But you do rise a point, you feel like you've done the same thing with Kirby over and over again, (well he is an easy character to master). I'll say try to play friendlies with one of your friends and do random combo's that come into mind and see if it works for you, (I ment mostly offline battles unless you can talk to the person that you are Brawling online).

Can Kirby do the Omnigay, or is it just MK?
Sort of... but Kirby would most likely die first before your foe, well same goes with Meta Knight but his U-Grab is faster, (I don't think it matters though). Also when doing this, make sure your percent isn't at a stage of worry, but what are the odds of Toon Link, Link, and Snake, (maybe Peach with a Bomb-omb in her hands when it SD), having a bomb in their hands when you grab them? I'll say Link and Toon Link would be 38% and Snake would be 53% IMO.

A1lion835

Smash Champion

Yea, because while kirby actually uses moves, IC's are just dthrow>fair>dthrow>fair>dthrow>fair>dthrow>fair>dthrow>fair>dthrow>fair>dthrow>fair>dthrow>fair. Varies SO much.

*rolls his eyes*

IC3R

Smash Lord
Actually, there's lots of variation to the Climbers:

[Insert non-U-Throw] -> [Insert non-U-Throw] -> [Insert non-U-Throw] -> [Insert non-U-Throw]....-> U-Smash

Luckily for me, I always go against the grain in games. I always enjoy messing around with Kirby. Crouch Taunting in the middle of a match: epic.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirby is great and top tier...I might place higher in tournies if I get better with Lucas and Kirby
He's ranked #13 out of #37 characters, he's not autowin XD

My Kirby is totally different every game. XD

Ice Climbers: Blizzard, chaingrab, woo

Occasional aerials and smashes and stuff

As for Y.B.M. being the best in the midwest, I'm finding out for myself tomorrow/Saturday. :p

I'm going to go crazy with moneymatches, and I'm going to edgehog all the TVs with recording equipment.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
*Shrugs* He was fun while he lasted. And I'll win more with ICs. x3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll say online yes, but offline I don't think so. Well fromundaman would know since he lives in the same state as him.
I've actually never played him/seen him play, and I've heard VERY conflicting things about him, so I honestly have no idea.

All I know is that he made a few ******** posts a few months back, though I can't even remember what they were anymore XD

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
My option is to look for friends in school that play Brawl, force your siblings that know's how to play video game's to play Brawl, or as Asdioh said, play wifi with friends.
My sister would beat me up if i tried asking her to play. None of my friends are good at smash or even play smash (i'm only 13), and when i get a friend on wifi from youtube, they either only want to taunt and eat bombs or they ignore my presence.

I'm thinking of resorting to beating up computers. Should i or should i not?

w/e. thanks anyway.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
My sister would beat me up if i tried asking her to play. None of my friends are good at smash or even play smash (i'm only 13), and when i get a friend on wifi from youtube, they either only want to taunt and eat bombs or they ignore my presence.

w/e. thanks anyway.
Never, EVER, just go to beat up CPU's.

Find some people from around here. I'm sure plenty of people (including me, once I go off my brawl strike), will offer to play you.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

w/e. thanks anyway

I'm bored alot and willing to play anyone. :3 *hint hint*

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Kirbz, you are capable of playing wifi and you only find people to play on youtube? O_o

go here or allisbrawl to find people :/ AiB has a chat room with people in it all the time...it should be easy to find people to play.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Tomato Kirby hasn't been on in awhile...
I'm pretty sure that's why.

Top Bottom