• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Help Desk: FAQ & Links & Introductions, ASK HERE! (Soon Resuming)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Actually, it works pretty well at certain percents. I tend to throw itout every now and then. Depends on the character though.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Is there a more recent Brawl Kirby Wi-Fi friend finder or something like that on these boards? Or aren't the majority of Kirby players here good on Wi-Fi or do the majority of you have bad internet? Or to a lesser extent, do most of you hate Wi-Fi? I found this really old Kirby Wi-Fi thread, but it looks like it's neglected: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153363

If there is a more recent one, can I have a link to it? I'm just eager to have some online battles against other Kirby players who may be near my area. Also, lag doesn't really affect me so Wi-Fi works well for me. :)

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Who is or are some of the best Kirby brawlers currently in the world based on most tournament wins or having the most skill? And do you have any notable tournament or friendly matches of them playing?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yea, it can be used as a surprise attack, but people are generally not at the right percent, or they DI something weird, etc.

So it can be used, but not a lot.
Yeah, but Fthrow>Uair>Fthrow>hammer works, or, if you don't want to be so predictable, Dthrow>Utilt>Fthrow>hammer works too.

Atria, I just see most Kirbies ask in PMs for brawls, or you could just ask here/Kirby awards thread. However, I think most Kirby players seem not to like Wifi.

Finally, Percon and Chu Dat are probably two of the best Kirbies out there right now.

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
I posted in the wrong forum. Ignore this please.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Atria, I just see most Kirbies ask in PMs for brawls, or you could just ask here/Kirby awards thread. However, I think most Kirby players seem not to like Wifi.
What? That one that literally turned into a general chat thread? Meh, it doesn't matter. I don't see any other Australian Kirby users besides me on the Kirby boards anyway. Oh, I'm not saying my connection is bad when I play people overseas, but it's just that Australian players are more willing to play against me than people who are located outside of Australia because location is 1 factor which does affect your chances of having lagless Wi-Fi. Also, I've already got a few people itching for a fight against me so that'll do for now I guess. I might check around the Australia boards if I want to get some more matches in for the near future...

Oh BTW, that gives me a reasonable explanation as to why that Brawl Kirby finder thread got neglected in the first place.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh BTW, that gives me a reasonable explanation as to why that Brawl Kirby finder thread got neglected in the first place.
Well, Maraphy hasn't kept that thread alive since last year June. O_o

This is the thread I was talking about.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Well, Maraphy hasn't kept that thread alive since last year June. O_o

This is the thread I was talking about.

Yeah, I just wanted to find out why that thread became neglected by everyone here in the first place. I know why now. Still, I think that ALL of the character boards should have at least one of these Wi-Fi friend finders (Which is not neglected of course!) for their respective character just for convinience. Even the MK, G&W AND ROB boards don't have a Wi-Fi thread for that same reason: They all hate Wi-Fi. I just think that's a bit inconvinient though because how else is anyone going to get match-up experience against those said characters including other ones that I have not mentioned (Don't know if there are any other ones. Those are the only ones that I know of that don't have one.) that don't have a Wi-Fi thread as well? Not everyone on these boards have access to tournaments/good players like me because some of us aren't located in a convinient location. :( Therefore, some of us are only stuck with that option which sucks for most of them. (Not me however luckily.) I know you can just PM those players, but you can't actually tell whether or not they have good Wi-Fi or not unless if you ask. Also, you can't see where that person is located unless if you actually ask them once again. Oh well, that's just my opinion on how I see things. You guys are probably over this problem or actually DO have access to good players/tournaments at your location.

It isn't ALL bad for me I guess. By the end of this year, I should be able to go to some tourneys because I'm moving out of Mackay! (Finally! =D) This I'm excited about! :) Hopefully, Hobart should have some competitive smashers down there. It's the capital city of Tasmania for goodness sake! If not, I don't know what the hell I should do from there...:(

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Um, I also made a thread "Online Kirby Matches" or something, but that's been dead for months.
I was just thinking about whether I should make another one of these threads or not. But, considering the fact that most Kirby users dislike Wi-Fi and that now a total of 2 Kirby Online Match Finder threads have died, probably I shouldn't bother about it then. Technically, it'll turn out to be that I'll end up doing extra work for no reason at all which I don't really want to put myself through. I've got better things to do than waste time unfortuantely. Sigh...Things certainely have changed around here for me... >_>

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
To make an online character thread active, you have to do somthing to bring a whole lot of people to play Wifi like hosting a Kirby tourney, (as this has been done once on the All is Brawl Star Warrior's group), or create a Wifi war. >=)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
In competetive play, is it ever a good idea to inhale and take your opponents neutral B? Because not many people I know do this.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
In competetive play, is it ever a good idea to inhale and take your opponents neutral B? Because not many people I know do this.
Yesh. Like, if it's bowser, you take the fire breath. Pit is iffy, but if you're good with arrows, aka [once] secondary[ied] pit, you can wreak some havoc. It's possible for you to lazer lock falco, so I sometimes take that... you never, EVER, take MK, his whorenado is awful with kirby.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Thanks yo! Is it good to inhale Snake? I know how to use bombs wisely like Snake mains do.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Personally, I love grenades, Pikachu's power is more or less required, generally speaking most projectiles help (Except IC's, for obvious reasons), Marth's and MK's suck balls, the PT's powers are good, and I'm sure I'm leaving out some other cool ones.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Yea, take PT's power (unless it's squirtle).

For pika, this is how the match goes:

If you don't have his power, you approach while spamming bair to stop thunder jolt, get a few hits in, get seperated, repeat.

If you have his power, you camp. Profit! Once you get it, the match basically goes 200--5 your favor.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
use bombs wisely
Yes! I love you!

Am I the only one who got that?

Yeah, copying your opponent's power is a good idea, if you see it being useful.

Kirbynado is terrible against MK, but it may fare well against other characters, I don't know. I can imagine it being good on characters like Snake, or Dedede/Donkey Kong (doesn't Mach Tornado own their shields? Kirbynado could do the same thing...right? Right?)

Anyway, I came here to ask your opinions. Copy powers aside, if the planets align (which they won't), I have the choice of the following doubles partner for a March 7th tourney.

Mr. E: ROB
Kirk: Ike
AlphaZealot: Diddy Kong
Rowan: Peach

All are very good players, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone here has heard of all of them before.

*crickets*

Anyway, assuming that they are all VERY NICE and willing to be my partner (not gonna happen) what character would sync best with Kirby, player skill aside? It looks like my least-likely partner is AZ, which is ok with me, because I hate everything to do with bananas.

I think it would be fun to team with Kirk, because Ike fights for his friends, and gives no sympathy to his opponents.

I teamed with Mr. E at my first tournament, back when I sucked horribly, and we actually did pretty well. Team Beep! is a force to be reckoned with, especially since we're both no doubt much better.

Rowan dominated me on wifi a while back, and I saw his Peach in action a month ago offline, and he is extremely good. I don't know anything about a Kirby/Peach team though. o_O

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Rowan's an amazing Peach on Allisbrawl, and Kirk's one of those Ikes that has a combo video XD

There's a Mr. E (ROB) and a Mister E (Pikachu) so that increases the chance that you've heard the name!

Maybe. Kirbys Fsmash is generally his best kill move. There's not really anything else as reliable (*sides bair but that move gets stale fast.) Ill think about it.
Any statements about that? This is the Peach.

You can click on the link to see the response I made. XD

Kirby doesn't have trouble KOing in teams...in fact, I've pulled off tons of Kirbycides during the chaos.

Edit: My team partner is now the Donkey Kong, ook. :)

This is going to be fun!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... I was going to extend a plea to team with you, but I don't actually know if I'll be able to make it...

Anyway, I don't know how Kirby/DK would do, but Kirby/Peach and Kirby/Diddy both sound good since Kirby solves both of these characters' KOing problems, and of course, team BEEP! is ****.

As good as Kirk is, I'm not sure how Kirby/Ike would do...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Is it possible to request a grab thread? Or at least some helpful graph.
Like, what grab comboes work on what characters. Such as fthrow + upair > fthrow + hammer.
I'd like to know what percents this caps out, and what characters can DI out.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't think you'll like the answer, but none of Kirby's grab combos are guaranteed on any character, as everyone can escape after the Uair with proper smash DI.

However, they generally work at lower percents (<40%).

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't think you'll like the answer, but none of Kirby's grab combos are guaranteed on any character, as everyone can escape after the Uair with proper smash DI.

However, they generally work at lower percents (<40%).
I'm talking at 0%, so I can get a fresh 40% combo.
Alright, that's actually a good answer. I'm glad they're escapable, in a way. Thanks for clearing that up.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, even at 0%, even characters like Ganon can escape, though for the most part they won't.

I don't know they exact percents, but generally speaking <20%, you can regrab heavier characters/unsuspecting opponents and get Fair>hammer as well.

Up to about 40% you can do Dthrow>Utilt.
I think Gonzo only works at 0% though if they don't SDI. Might be different for characters like Bowser, Ganon or DK.

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
What is kirby's best aerial to use for momentum canceling? Also, for horizontal knockback, can you use the aerial hammer to reduce momentum even more? Or would just jumping be faster?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What is kirby's best aerial to use for momentum canceling? Also, for horizontal knockback, can you use the aerial hammer to reduce momentum even more? Or would just jumping be faster?
DAir is the best move. You can hammer afterwards, not sure if it helps though.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Oh dang, I've been misinformed... I thought bair was the best one to do. I forget what the requirements are for a good momentum slowing move are.

Top Bottom