• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Triple R

Smash Lord
Yeah Peach isn't terrible, but it's still kinda annoying. She reminds me of Samus alot. She hits hard and can be tricky to edgeguard sometimes. They both also like to CC into dsmash.

Dtilt can be good for poking her and putting her offstage in a bad position but you gotta know when to do it cause it could lead to accidental bad DI if she dsmashes you in return.

I do find dair is pretty good if you can get above her and catch her with it, but if you do it to her near the ground it can easily lead in to a CCed dsmash from her in return.

Also in theory, you shouldn't hammer anyone lol. Some characters and players you can just get away with it. :cool:

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Thanks Massive and Triple R.

Down tilts however seem quite risky because at such a short range I may accidentally crouch into dangerous down smash by Peach.

Massive

Smash Champion
Thanks Massive and Triple R.

Down tilts however seem quite risky because at such a short range I may accidentally crouch into dangerous down smash by Peach.
Don't get close then, kirby's dtilt is as disjointed as Marth's.
You can dtilt from further away than you can ftilt.

Also in theory, you shouldn't hammer anyone lol. Some characters and players you can just get away with it. :cool:
It's actually pretty reliable on falcon, marth, and gannondorf, jump over them and shieldpoke with the last 2 hitboxes for a FREE UTILT on contact.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I mean, Final Cutter onstage is generally poor but I've gotten some mileage out of it. Kind of useful sometimes. It's probably his most ranged move.

Massive

Smash Champion
After I do Luigi's hitboxes, I think I'll do kirby's. Including ALL hats. :urg:

Are there any moves you should not really use in general?
If you're using stratocaster's hitboxes there is no utilt, uair, final cutter, or upsmash hitbox data.
All hat data is included but there aren't really any interesting hitboxes among them, unfortunately. :(

I can send you the link to the frames if you like, I've been too busy/uninspired to capture the missing move data.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If you're using stratocaster's hitboxes there is no utilt, uair, final cutter, or upsmash hitbox data.
All hat data is included but there aren't really any interesting hitboxes among them, unfortunately. :(

I can send you the link to the frames if you like, I've been too busy/uninspired to capture the missing move data.
I don't use any of his images. I take all pics myself. :p

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Similarly, Kirby keeps his back of the head hitbox on copied firebreath and can shoot lasers through Falco. All his other copied moves appear unchanged from those of the original owner though.

There seems to be something like this in every smash game. In Brawl you can hit with the back of Falcon Punch just after the charging ends and it seems to do extra knockback. In 64 you can chuck Jigglypuff over your head with pound.

EDIT: Ok, the Bowser one isn't quite what I thought. It's actually that you can hit with the middle of his head. Bowser can do that too but it looks cooler with Kirby due to his lack of body. I can seem to replicate the Falcon/Warlock puck one (sorry) but I know it happened. The Falco one is easy to do though and oddly doesn't work with fox.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Thinking about it, that Ganon trick may have had slight upward knockback. If so, that would suggest that I had, by sheer chance, aimed it perfectly in the middle of Kirby's hitbox, so that it became unsure on which way to send him.

Whatever the case though, it does not seem to be repeatable. Sorry for wasting everyone's time again.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Well I would think that there would have to be a fixed point that says "if hit right of here, fly left" and vice versa. If there is, then hitting on that point would in theory leave it with no direction for the horizontal momentum.

Triple R

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306380

Brainshock Beta had a Melee side tourney this weekend. Fun stuff. Got 5th outta 32.

1st Round Winners: Played Oro. Really close set against his Falcon. Pulled through 2-0ing him though.

2nd Round Winners: Played Schizm. Played his Zelda first round. Easy 3 stock. He didn't seem to know how to fight Kirby at all with Zelda. Then he CPed me to Brinstar with Peach. It was closer, but I still pulled through. Got him with the Dthrow on the egg things and he airdodged to his death. Gimmicks!

3rd Round Winners: Played Rob_Gambino. Played his Fox first match. Decently easy win. Then he played ICs against me and actually gave me trouble. Went to last stocks but I won.

4th Round Winners: Played Mew2King. First time ever playing him. He's so fast. Lost to his sheik pretty solidy. 3 then 2 stock. When I CPed Brinstar he felt the need to tell that he knew about the Dthrow thing lol. Good experience to have for sure. Just toke awhile to play someone of his level.

6th Round Losers: Played Oro again. Unfortunately he was figuring out how to play against me, and I didn't adapt as fast as him. He beat me with Falcon first match, then beat me with Marth on Brinstar. At least he somewhat respects Kirby now :p

Fun tourney. Melee is such a good game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Thinking about it, that Ganon trick may have had slight upward knockback. If so, that would suggest that I had, by sheer chance, aimed it perfectly in the middle of Kirby's hitbox, so that it became unsure on which way to send him.
lol
you have to be further to the reverse side to trigger reverse
and there is no spacing that the if statements don't cover.

BTW good **** Triple R for beating Oro and getting 5th. I wish I'd have played you.

Top Bottom