• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby General Discussion

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
mmmmmmnah.

thats definitely Pichu, since he has two of them...
and you can cancel them into crap...
Kirby's taunt causes people physical pain. That's literally the best move in the game. And you cant cancel Pichu's taunt into crap because Pichu doesnt even have crap. He's just horrible. You cancel into Horrible.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol. So I'm pichu...
And I taunt...
and people are all "ooh free hit"
then I cancel with shield
and they smack my shield
Then I Upsmash them OoS
And they go splat.

Kirby's taunt does annoy people though. DK's too... I've seen people rage at DK's taunt.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I main Ganon, and used him a bit in our local tournament yesterday. I used Kirby a bit during the tournament, and did better with him than I did with Ganon.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
According to the other players, it's actually because I'm not very good at DI. Ganon is an easier character to combo, so I never got much of a chance to do anything. Kirby, on the other hand, is more difficult to combo, so I was able to do stuff during the matches.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
welp, its also probably because none of them know how to combo floaties...

even though some characters can't combo the crap out of kirby too easily, its pretty easy to just out space him and just keep smacking him...

And like a million characters have a chaingrab on him... like ganon...
and falcon
and Sheik
And ICs
And Pika/Pichu (at low percent)
and thats really it unless I'm forgetting anybody...

thats actually not even close to a million, so nvm.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I got chain grabbed the other day on Kirby to 20%. I was also laughing too much to attempt to get out of it, although even if I did my DI and teching isn't good enough to get out of it. I was being chain grabbed by PP's Kirby's Dthrow.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Lots of characters get chaingrabbed at low %. Ganon can chaingrab Falco forever, literally. At 20% or more, kirby can usually just perform his second jump to get out of the chain grab.

BunBun

Smash Master
I can't think of a single time I've been chain-grabbed on Kirby... Your DI must be awful, lol.
Falcon CG's kirby to mid 60's, then into knee.

Roy has a CG if you can predict Kirby's DI, then choose your throw
Shiek has it at low-mid %
Ganon gets low %, but he can combo into aerial at almost any %

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Ganon can Dthrow to jab/aerial or Uthrow to aerial on any character. I have never done a throw without following it with either a grab, jab, Nair, or Uair. My point is, the combo part is irrelevant, since that applies to every character, and is something people should know when facing a Ganon.

I'll remember that about Chain-grabbing, since I'm probably going to continue using Kirby as a secondary. He's just too much fun to not play.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
oh I forgot about kibry's silly jumps...
Uhm, I'm pretty sure Pika and Pichu still have a dthrow chaingrab at low percent...
Pichu can also (iirc, I don't play against kirby often) can do an fthrow pseudo chaingrab, but, like all other floaty characters, Kirby can jump out at any point during it.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
welp, its also probably because none of them know how to combo floaties...
To be honest, Kirby isn't really that floaty. Sure he has multiple jumps and he's floaty to an extent, but he falls pretty fast. One of the reasons his recovery sucks so hard... (-.-)

I got chain grabbed the other day on Kirby to 20%. I was also laughing too much to attempt to get out of it, although even if I did my DI and teching isn't good enough to get out of it. I was being chain grabbed by PP's Kirby's Dthrow.
It's not really that hard to DI out of a CG. Just hold a direction and hope that your opponent isn't predicting that DI. If it's a true CG, you aren't guaranteed to get out, but at least it becomes a guessing game then. Also, I don't think Kirby's dthow is a CG. It's a tech chase/jab reset combo. If you tech and he predicts correctly and preemptively runs in the right direction, you get grabbed again. If you don't tech and he predicts THIS correctly, he jab resets you and grabs you again. Btw, was this Dr. PP?

Lots of characters get chaingrabbed at low %. Ganon can chaingrab Falco forever, literally. At 20% or more, kirby can usually just perform his second jump to get out of the chain grab.
It's not good to use a Spacie as an example when saying that lots of chars get chaingrabbed. So many chars CG the spacies. Peach, Marth, Fox (lolz), Ganon, DK, etc...

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Yeah, it was Dr. PP. And yeah, you're right about that being a bad example. Maybe a better one would be Ness, who can be CGed by Ganon below 10%.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
NCSU Rehash 5, last weekend. PP comes to all of our locals. Videos for it aren't up yet, but I'll start uploading them Thursday.

Bing

Smash Master
I hated learning the Falcon MU as Kirby is ****ing horrible... Its a pain in the *** to space as Kirby.

My Tournament record as Kirby is 1-1(sets) and thats probably not going to change...

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
yea...
Kirby is hella fun when you play matchups that you don't get wrecked in...
which is like...
a few of them...

and teams.

Top Bottom