• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of the Couch - 1.21.06 - VENUE CHANGED TO FLORHAM PARK ~check first post~

Wife

Smash Lord
good job to zang and pc, way to rep your region.

md/va get you next time! [/end luigi voice]

Sol

Smash Lord
Yeah I had a great time got knocked out in the first round by wes but in the losers bracket I took out 2 people I think I came in 13 or tied for it pretty good for my first tourny. hope to make it in the top ten in the next tourny

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
aho43 said:
Any results on this? ^_^
Team winners: Idicka and Ben (Pc chris and Wes) beat Arabian nights (Husband and chillin) in the finals. I believe those were the team names... my memory is hazy. The team members I'm sure of.

Singles: Pc chris won first, Zanguzen came in second, and I believe chillin was third (not sure about third place).

We'll have to wait for joe for the full results.

DarkPhoenix

Smash Rookie
Great tourney everyone. Lotta fun, I'm glad I threw away my $20.

Mike, great seeing you again, good playing with you. And I'll get you next time for that ditto victory.

Zang, great guy, I'm honored to be 4 stocked by you. Hope to see you next time.

Comp, good matches those **** shiek dittos. Your a great player, looks like I'm gona have to get better.

Chillin, Happy to be 3 stocked by your fox, great player, I'm sure I was just random kid to you but good matches.

Husband, thanks for showing me "how to own with shiek"... or something like that :)

PC Chris, I didn't get to play you but congrats on the win.

Joe, thanks for holding such a great tourney lotta fun I'm gonna be at the next one too.

Looks like I have some work to do, but I shall return hopefully with some sorta chance of a miracle.

Hawk Eye

Smash Cadet
I had a great time at this tournament.. i had a nice exhibition against zang before the tourney began. I nearly took off two lives with my yoshi, and i was proud of that.. especially when i saw zang rippin through the competition.

my highlight of the night, besides me being one of the two people that was sitting on that table that broke underneath us by tv 1, was that i was the only player rippin up some matches with yoshi.

and the best part was on one of the off tv's playing as yoshi for like 20 minutes facin kids who couldnt understand how they could lose to a yoshi. im far from considering myself a great player, especially after seeing wes zang chillin husband and pc. but i still enjoyed kickin @$$ with a lower tier character, lol

phish-it

Smash Champion
Well that was exciting yesterday. I didn't get to stay the entire time to see the final matches, but congrats to the winners (and losers as well.) I always thought Peach had a slight advantage over Fox, untill I fought Chillin..... :laugh: Good times everyone, can't wait till the next tournament.

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
Hawk Eye said:
I had a great time at this tournament.. i had a nice exhibition against zang before the tourney began. I nearly took off two lives with my yoshi, and i was proud of that.. especially when i saw zang rippin through the competition.

my highlight of the night, besides me being one of the two people that was sitting on that table that broke underneath us by tv 1, was that i was the only player rippin up some matches with yoshi.

and the best part was on one of the off tv's playing as yoshi for like 20 minutes facin kids who couldnt understand how they could lose to a yoshi. im far from considering myself a great player, especially after seeing wes zang chillin husband and pc. but i still enjoyed kickin @$$ with a lower tier character, lol
Heh. Your yoshi was **** nice. Too bad I didn't get a chance to play it, but I'm sure I will soon.

Krekko

Smash Apprentice
I hope to come back to the next one with more of a chance of winning. I've started on learning multiple characters instead of just limiting myself to Marth :) . It was fun though for a first tourny.

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Full Results!!

::TEAMS::
1. Ben & Idicka (PC and Wes)
2. Arabian Knights (Chillin and Husband)
3. Last Minute Surprise (Zang and Comp)
4. Footang (Nick and Mike V)
5. Napalm Rainbow (Samus Explorer and Sock Ninja)
5. Providence (Emblem Lord and Friend??) - After here I'm a bit fuzzy on who was on each team
7. Team TK
7. DTS
9. Fro & Boco
9. Destiny

::SINGLES::
1. PC Chris
2. Zang
3. Chillin
4. Wes
5. Comp
5. Sock Ninja
7. Boocif
7. Raptor Hawk
9. Husband
9. Storms
9. Muz
9. Lunch King
13. Samus Explorer
13. Matt F
13. Adam A
13. Tim L
17. Mud
17. Kira
17. Tyler P
17. Philly Fresh
17. Steve O
17. Emblem Lord
17. Sensei
17. Nick
25. Copycat
25. Kevin M
25. Bart
25. Mikeman
25. Mike V
25. Matt S
25. Adam D
25. Mike F
33. Kare
33. Anthrunzala
33. Blade
33. Jason A
33. Baileys

WOW.... That's all I have to say. I was so excited about this event. We had almost 40 players and 10 teams and it was INSANE. That was the first time I even left AFTER Rod and all the Halo guys. Usually Smash is the first one done but yesterday we went til about 9. Good stuff though, I'm glad to see a lot of new faces as well as returning players. We had some big names there too; Wes, PC, Zang, Comp, Husband, Chillin. And there were a LOT of crazy upsets. In winners Zang took out Husband and his buddy Boocif took out Wes. Wes got his revenge though in losers. Of all the players I'd say Husband had one of the toughest runs. He had to fight Zang and Wes kinda early on. Plus since things got off to a slow start we started singles when the finals for teams was going on. and PC, Wes, Husband and Chillin took FOREVER with that game. Wes and PC came from losers to win the first set 3-2 (I think) and then took it home in the last set with something like 3-1 I think. But that held up the singles which we went as far as possible without doing any of their matches. So when they finished all 4 had to run a marathon of about 4 or 5 (or more) matches in a row. Good stuff guys. Congrats to PC for getting 1st and congrats to Zang for taking out Chillin. Good stuff everyone who showed. I'd like to thank all of you for participating in the tourny and hope to see all of you at future events. Let's keep things moving guys and events will only get bigger

Peace

phish-it

Smash Champion
P.c. Chris said:
lol peach does have a slight advantage over fox , chillin is just better then you

Yeah you can say that again!

Team Destiny... I thought you guys would've done better, Tim even got D-$'d!

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Great job Pc Zang Wes Sockninja and Comp you guys secured all the top spots aside from Chillin. Northeast is too good lol now we gotta have the new DA training with the Turtles often and we will be the strongest region out there =) We're not that far apart really only 3 hours so we should have some smashfests from time to time, maybe switch off between my house and a NY players house so nobody would have to travel too far.

DarkPhoenix

Smash Rookie
Hawk Eye said:

Yeah my shiek was a victim of your yoshi. I curse you, but it just goes to show that hard work means much much more than a character's tier. Also Mud showed us all that with a **** good bowser.

Hawk Eye

Smash Cadet
I had such a fun time playing as a character nobody else was playing as.. i mean, i prob could have done better if i used my link or mario, but i couldnt resist using yoshi. the next time theres a tourney that were both at, we'll have a match for fun. no money or tourney match, just for laughs and stuff. i hope to see u at the next one i can make...

MikeMan445 said:
Heh. Your yoshi was **** nice. Too bad I didn't get a chance to play it, but I'm sure I will soon.

Husband

Smash Lord
This was a lot of fun and always good seeing ppl.

PC- Thanks for the help and for putting up with me bugging you so much.

Wes and Zang- These guys are too good. I got to train more i guess.

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Lol

One Down The Rest Of H2yl And Team Ben And The Whole Md/dc/va(team Arlington Lol) To Go B4 U Know It My Lil Brother Malcolm Will Be Part Of Team Arlington As Many Members They Annoint Lol. Good Matches Husband But Next Time I Wont Mess Up Alot Against U But Good ****though And It Was Nice To See You With Ur Rope Around Ur Neck(nigag Looked Liek He Escaped A Lench Lol) And You Chillin With Ur Big *** ******* When U Going To Let Me Suck Them ****s Lol.

Mudassir

Smash Cadet
Awesome tournament Joe as usual. Nice to have a tourny near home that I can actually meet up with some of the greats. Keep it up (in NJ :p)! Coulda used some more space/set ups but can't complain since the turn out was so great.

So I placed right in the middle eh? I guess thats not so bad for a bowser considering the competition lol. It was tons of fun.

Wes-**** man your mario is good. Actually all of you characters are too good heh. I'm glad to see you doing so well w/ someone you don't see place high in tournies usually.

PC Chris-Too bad we never finished that friendly game, we started like 3 times and kept having to stop for tourny matches lol. I'm happy that at least one time I took out one of your stocks 3 secs before you did before we had to quit. We both know who woulda won.... me.. haha just kidin.

Comp-It was cool playing against you for the 1 min we played heh. That conversation you were having w/ Husband (you know the one i'm talking about) was really... interesting :).

Husband-For being as good as you are I was surprised that you didn't mind playing against a no name bowser like me (like i would in your place heh). Your def a cool guy in my book.

Storms-good games dude. Hope to see you at one of your future smashfests/tournies.

Lunch King-Those were some great friendlies we played at the end. I dont think you were takin me seriously tho because you kept switching characters. Well anyway I still want to practice against your jiggly and maybe one day when we play again I'll win :).

Samus Explorer-lol no you're not seing double. But I have no idea who that kid who uses samus who looks like me is hehe.

Emblem Lord-You're not gonna convince me to give up Bowser so stop trying! I know I could place a lot better w/ gannon but thats not the point. Anyway every time i play you, you are improving so keep it up.

To the dude who was using luigi, man those games we played were close! Same for that pichu! Low Tier for Life!

Muz-lol bro I talk to you every day so no point writing here. Well anyway I'm proud of how you did with samus. If you 3 stocked someone good and I can beat you once in a while, that makes me good by extension :).

Well now that this tourny is over, anyone in Northern Jesey interested in playing on Saturdays or Sundays? Me and my bro are lookin for someone we haven't played a bajillion times to play against haha. PM me if you're interested.

chillindude829

Smash Master
ROFL @ wes

One down? Cuz PC + Zang beat me? you didnt even beat me and you're talkin **** LMAO

we'll see how you do at NYC singles... oh wait... you're not invited are you? ****s in your own city and you're not invited, that sucks ROFL

Sol

Smash Lord
phish-it said:
Yeah you can say that again!

Team Destiny... I thought you guys would've done better, Tim even got D-$'d!
I was having such a bad day I could't even handle a D$. Were probably goin to the one in NYC next saterday hope I don't crap out

phish-it

Smash Champion
I was having such a bad day I could't even handle a D$. Were probably goin to the one in NYC next saterday hope I don't crap out
I'm telling you guys it's the trash talking, it's the only way you can actually play! anyway thats cool, maybe we'll all do better.

Yeah, good matches everyone, nice C. falcon samusexplorer, the guy who played pikachu whom I can't remember his name... And awesome bowser Mud, that was me playing the pichu in the epic low tier battle

chillindude829

Smash Master
ite shoutouts

joe/joe's gf: thanks for having me

husband: thanks for driving me

pc: thanks for hugging me

zang: thanks for ****** me

comp: thanks for talkin w/ me

sock+sock's twin: thanks for hangin out w/ me

well i think that covers everyone worth mentioning, peace

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
phish-it said:
... the guy who played pikachu whom I can't remember his name...
That was me! haha. GG.

Joe/April- A great Kotc. You guys are cool. Keep up the good work. *Edit* RaptorHawk is one word! lol

Storm- Really close match. Nice playin with you. Hope to play you again soon.

Emblem Lord- We had the best pool dont ya think haha. Really good matches though.

Zang- Nice Job beating Chillen

PC- Congrats on the Win

Sockninja- I sucked againsts you but eh no Johns lol GG. See ya at Gauntlet.

GG's to everyone else I played that I cant remember(I have ****ty memory lol).

I got 8th place with PIKACHU! Reppin the lower tier! I still need some work though....or really more people to practice with lol. If anyone wants to play sometime PM me and let me know.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
just wanted to throw out a couple of shout outs.

pc- way to go..... looks like nothing could stop you after all.

comp- lol always good to see you.

zang- what can i say..... very nice. dont think anyone really excpected you to get second but you showed them.

husband/chillin- it was nice to meet you guys. hope you guys come back up this way for another tourny real soon.

jfox- hey man just keep practicing and you will get batter. hey who knows if we practice alot, and i mean a lot, you could possibly get better then pc and husband and them.

my crew- gj guys.... sorry i sucked it up but its like we say guys i had other stuff on my mind. wasnt really feeling smash and was off the whole day.... oh well always next time.

joe/joes g/f- well run tourny and i cant wait to go to the next one.

well thats all for now. see you all soon.

Hawk Eye

Smash Cadet
AthrunZala said:
my crew- gj guys.... sorry i sucked it up but its like we say guys i had other stuff on my mind. wasnt really feeling smash and was off the whole day.... oh well always next time.
Jay.. ur an A.SS

Muz

Smash Apprentice
great tourney, had lots of fun.
thanks to joe and his gf for holding it and organizing it.
sock ninja-fun games man, thanks for teaching me that trick. we had a lot of close battles that went back and forth, i definitely want to play you again
samusexplorer-good stuff man. i'm still surprised that i was able to beat your fox a couple times, it seems like a fluke to me heh. your falcon is nice too.
zang-thanks for that half a match heh. you would've won anyway, but its always fun playing and watching your style-seems so different from alot of smashers.
raptorhawk-**** we had some close games, i definitely underestimated you (and pikachu :p), but no johns - you played alot smarter than me in our games. first time i ever went to sudden death heh
pc chris-i'm glad i got a chance to play against you. you really tore up my samus with your fox-you got awesome speed + you anticipated like all my moves, nice stuff
emblem-i beat you and your friend by myself in teams that first match, LOL wtf happened man-but seriously we need to play again.
phillybilly, bailey, mike, storm-nice meeting all you guys-keep me in touch if you ever do a smashfest
wes,chillin,husband,comp-too bad i didn't get a chance to get ***** by you guys, i was looking forward to that, but theres always next time.

and like my bro said, if anyone is looking for some friendly smash on the weekends, hit me up with a pm.

storms

Banned via Administration
In a attic somewhere looking at a portrait of myse
This was a great tournament and props to the_suicide_fox or Joe and his girlfriend for holding it.

I like to give a couple of shout outs to:
Zang: Wow man, you are just too good
ArthrunZala: Sorry you didn't do to well, but there is always the next one
Kira: Good to see you again and eventually I will beat your Peach
Bailey: One of the funniest people I know
G$$$: You'll never be flashy but you will always be good
Steve: Thanks for the ride and for always calming me down before a match
Muz: Great to play your Samas. I'll get you with Falco next time….Hopefully
Husband: You prob. don't remember me, but you are one funny guy and you put up one hell of a fight against Zang

Biggest shout out to RaptorHawk and Mud for representing Bowser and Pikachu. You guys were the real highlight this tournament.

phillybilly

Smash Journeyman
umm MUZ i didn't even go to this tournament... maybe you have me confused with someone who entered as phillyfresh

sorry for the confusion and I hope you read this so whatever took place there with him isn't confused with me.

PLZ READ THIS CUZ I HATE WHEN MISUNDERSTANDINGS LIKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

and reply to say you understand.....

PLZ REPLY AND SAY YOU UNDERSTAND

Top Bottom