• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of the Couch - 1.21.06 - VENUE CHANGED TO FLORHAM PARK ~check first post~

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
KING OF THE COUCH TOURNAMENTS
For more info check www.NJHALO.com
  • PLACE

• UPDATED VENUE!!!!
    Bennigan's
    119 Columbia Turnpike
    Florham Park, NJ 07932
  • DATE

• Saturday, January 21st, 2006
    Doors open @ 11 AM
    Signups open @ 11 AM - 12:30 PM
    SSBM 1v1 pools start @ 12:30 PM
    30 minute intermission
    SSBM 2v2 starts @ ~2 PM
    30 minute intermission
    SSBM 1v1 brackets starts @ ~4 PM
  • EVENTS

• SSBM 1v1
    SSBM 2v2
    ENTRANCE FEES:
    $20 entrance fee for one (1) event ( 1v1 OR 2v2)
    $35 entrance fee for both events

• A Message from Joe Fox

• Our next event at NYC should be a blockbuster. Judging from the success of our last Nyc event we could easily pull 40 players this time around. I'm hoping all you NYC players come down for this event cuz it's looking to be huge. Let's keep this thing going guys. It can only get bigger from here.

Also DON'T FORGET WHAT TIME IT STARTS!! We have had a lot of problems with late arrivals so PLEASE be there on time.

UPDATED PLEASE READ

Due to certain circumstances, King of the Couch was forced to change the venue from NYC to Florham Park for this days events. I can't discuss the specifics about it. I apologize to those of you looking forward to an NYC event. Hopefully many of you will still be able to make it to the event at Florham Park so I will see you all there. Peace

Select a link:

:::UPCOMING EVENTS:::

:::GENERAL EVENT RULES:::

:::SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE RULES:::

:::pAYINS & PAYOUTS:::

If you have questions feel free to send a email to thesuicidefox@hotmail.com(KOTC SMASH as the subject title)
OR
send an AOL instant message to TheSuicideFox​

Hefaustos

Smash Journeyman
Yes, JAn. 21, plenty of time for me to get my things settled out with Work, Ah, at last ill attend anotha KOTC Event. Ah, MErry X-Mas 2 me!!!Well, ill definatly come to this 1 for SURE now. Well, gotta get rerin and ready to go, Who else is joinin?Hope to c familiar faces
***Hefaustos***

Tessius352

Smash Rookie
I'm not holding back this time around, also where were the rankings from the last tourney dec3rd? can i get a link??

The Bino

Smash Lord
Team BAR is trying to clear up plans to go but we ain't 100% sure right now.. we are tryin and most def will love to go.. oh yeah team BAR is makin videos right now.. i just got my tv tuner for my pc and am makin a team BAR vid.. so you can c our skills... as you all were askin for one

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Keep this topic going guys. I'm sure there are plenty of smashers who want to come down to this.

BluFox

Smash Rookie
omg its about time i show my skill in public im definetly goin im on da list man
who here is defenetly goin besides me

btw bar i think me and my teamate can beat any of ur teams,i dont really wanna
c ur skills but put a video up and i'll watch it,im pretty confident aobut da tournament
my 35 bucks r gonna be well spent

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
I'd LOVE to come, you hold some pretty awesome tournies, SuicideFox. Unfortunately, I might be having my New Year's Eve party on the 21st (don't ask), and besides that, transportation is a major issue. Between that and the tolls, I don't think I'll make it. : (

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Yea 35 will get you into both events. Bring extra $ so you can enjoy all of the good food as well, I mean it is a resturant. My fav is the chicken fingers platter.

Also remember if you have a DS and Mario Kart then bring it. I will be doing some mini tournaments (free entry) for it just to test out the new game.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
yo why so much for entrance fee im from MA but i have a few friends down there so i can crash at there house and possibly go to your tourney. Is there any way you could change the entrance fee to maybe 15 for singles at least? Thankx

Brookman

Smash Hero
Thanks G, I dunno if I am going to be there 1) ride 2) the entry fee is kinda big, and I'm not going to be placing so...hmm

Brookman

Smash Hero
well, we'll see how my stuff is goin and maybe me, jorge, and cort wil go down...otherwise PC you could just come to festicle and own ****e

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Why does everyone say entrance fee is too high. The standard for any 1v1 tourny is like $20, and teams can vary between 10-15 per player. WTF?

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
I only plan on doing 1v1's so entrance fee's are fine for me. I think its people that plan to do ONLY 2v2 that think its too high. $20 for a 2v2 is kinda high, but if your doin just singles or both then its fine.

Hefaustos

Smash Journeyman
^^
Well...some r only sayin it to be 2 high cause low-standard tournies only take like 5 buck outta ya, so im guessin they r comparin thats all

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
Well, this definately ain't no low standard tourny. :p

We also have Perfect Dark Zero, Halo, and Madden so if you have friends that play those games then you should encourage them to come.

The Bino

Smash Lord
team BAR is def goin all plans are cleared for that day.. and i don't think that the entrance fee ain't high at all.. i look at it as the more $ involved the more $ you get outta it if you that good.. also what stages are banned in this and r items banned or whatever

Brookman

Smash Hero
well, I saw someone saying 35 not realising it was for both events, but yea, it's still iffy, cause I may not have a ride and blah blah blah, but I'd love to go play

come to festicle!

BluFox

Smash Rookie
hey is da food expensive,hit me up with a list of some of da foods u can remember
da good ones not jusrt da ones u like and some prices cuz,deez days money goes as easily *** 1 2 3
ots allready 35 dollars 2 get into da Shizznit

the_suicide_fox

Smash Champion
The food is a little pricey but it's real good and you usually get more than you can handle. I usually get a chicken fingers platter with double fries and 2 cokes which comes out to about 10 bucks. The burgers are HUGE and real good. IDK the prices as they probably vary between each Bennigan's. Best thing to get usually is a burger or chicken fingers since its not too expensive, you get a lot, and it's easy to eat it in between matches.

Top Bottom