• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey there Kremling Kutthroats: I just completed the second part to my montage for the king himself! Hope you all enjoy it if you want to watch it. :)

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Anyone got a good gif or video of K. Rool crouching repeatedly so it looks like he's dabbing? I feel like we need that gif.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The UK Nintendo VS Twitter account continues to know who they're talking to all too well.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
K. Rool's amiibo comes out tomorrow, from what I recall, so good luck, fellow Kutthroats! (at least, those who buy amiibos)

If the availability of the Ridley amiibo is any indication, I should be able to find one in my area. Here's hoping - the only ones that I'm looking for at this point are K. Rool and Snake. (maybe Ken)

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
K. Rool's amiibo comes out tomorrow, from what I recall, so good luck, fellow Kutthroats! (at least, those who buy amiibos)

If the availability of the Ridley amiibo is any indication, I should be able to find one in my area. Here's hoping - the only ones that I'm looking for at this point are K. Rool and Snake. (maybe Ken)
I have my preordered and set to arrive days after release. :joyful::joyful::joyful:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Hey guys! How have things been treating you all?

I haven't posted here in a while - unfortunate how things have fell off. I also committed to continuing maining ROB in this game, but K Rool is my secondary and my favourite one by a significant margin.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
It's been a while since I post here. I got the King's Amiibo and also Plant! I got lucky they had just put them on the shelf.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey guys! How have things been treating you all?

I haven't posted here in a while - unfortunate how things have fell off. I also committed to continuing maining ROB in this game, but K Rool is my secondary and my favourite one by a significant margin.
Still left without a New 2DS and Switch, but otherwise I'm good.

It's been a while since I post here. I got the King's Amiibo and also Plant! I got lucky they had just put them on the shelf.
PP and the king next to each other as merch. The most gloriously surreal of sights.

I'll need to track down the Icies myself.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I haven't been able to pick mine up from best buy yet. What does it say on the blurb on the back of these? Anything cool? I only have 8 bit Link, 8bit Mario, and Yarn Yoshi so I don't really remember. Is there like a trophy-esque description of K. Rool?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So I just picked mine up from Best buy. He looks great! It’s still so surreal that he’s in, and he’s so much fun to play.

I’d have loved to have seen Nintendo’s reaction during the ballot era. Just to see so many votes coming in for some decades-old fat crocodile, from the world over. It truly was the fans who got him back, and it’s amazing how lovingly crafted his kit is. I may not agree with Sakurai all the time, but he really knocked it out of the park here.

:ultkrool:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I just got a K. Rool amiibo as well. Any ideas on what I should name it? I'm going with "Best Beast" for now.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wasn't able to find the K. Rool amiibo. The stores in my area had Piranha Plant and Ice Climbers, as well as restocks of Cloud, Lucina, and Sonic, but by the time that I was able to get there, they were all sold out of K. Rool. It probably didn't help that Toys R Us, which was generally the most reliable place for finding amiibo, had completely removed its amiibo section.

At least I've learned my lesson for when Snake's amiibo comes out.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Wasn't able to find the K. Rool amiibo. The stores in my area had Piranha Plant and Ice Climbers, as well as restocks of Cloud, Lucina, and Sonic, but by the time that I was able to get there, they were all sold out of K. Rool. It probably didn't help that Toys R Us, which was generally the most reliable place for finding amiibo, had completely removed its amiibo section.

Yeah, my rule of thumb is going to be to preorder all amiibo I want, even though I generally don't like preordering on principle.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yeah, my rule of thumb is going to be to preorder all amiibo I want, even though I generally don't like preordering on principle.
I know how you guys feel, that one remaining package with :ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt: got sold shortly after Ultimate came out.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know how you guys feel, that one remaining package with :ultgnw::ultrob::ultduckhunt: got sold shortly after Ultimate came out.
Wait... they restock the retro triple pack in some stores when Ultimate came out? I remember picking up the retro triple pack around the time the 3DS version of Smash 4 was coming out. I haven't seen one in person since.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wait... they restock the retro triple pack in some stores when Ultimate came out? I remember picking up the retro triple pack around the time the 3DS version of Smash 4 was coming out. I haven't seen one in person since.
Nah, I mean the triple-packs sat on shelves at my local EB Games for years. Then Ultimate happened, and WOOSH.

The lesson here is, he who hesitates is lost.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nah, I mean the triple-packs sat on shelves at my local EB Games for years. Then Ultimate happened, and WOOSH.

The lesson here is, he who hesitates is lost.
I guess a lot of people wasn't invested in Amiibo after Corrin and Bayonetta came out for Smash 4, but got invested again when Ultimate was coming on the way.

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
Just curious, are there any of you that still hasn't experienced every matchup in the game as:ultkrool:? I never fought :ultdiddy::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultrosalina::ultryu:ever in Quickplay/Elite Smash or in tournament.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Oh wow. I finally got the amiibo. It's so freaking cool. Too bad there's no blurb or anything on the back. Cool pic though.

I have never faced :ultdiddy:. Sad, I don't think I've ever played against him online with any character. I used to play Diddy but I find him a little awkward in this game, I'm not sure why.

I rarely see:ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultduckhunt::ultmario::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultrobin::ultryu::ultsheik::ultzss::ultrosalina:

I see a lot of :ultcloud::ultdk::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultinkling::ultlink::ultlucas::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultrob::ultdarksamus::ultsnake::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultwolf::ultike:

Last edited:

Kulty

Smash Ace
Oh wow. I finally got the amiibo. It's so freaking cool. Too bad there's no blurb or anything on the back. Cool pic though.

I have never faced :ultdiddy:. Sad, I don't think I've ever played against him online with any character. I used to play Diddy but I find him a little awkward in this game, I'm not sure why.

I rarely see:ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultduckhunt::ultmario::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultrobin::ultryu::ultsheik::ultzss::ultrosalina:

I see a lot of :ultcloud::ultdk::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultinkling::ultlink::ultlucas::ultness::ultpalutena::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultrob::ultdarksamus::ultsnake::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultwolf::ultike:
The big nerfs to Diddy really hurts the popularity and representation of the character, but it's understandable considering that he was one of the few characters in the series to be consistently top-tier across all Smash games alongside Marth.

"Who the hell is that?"
You beat me to it!

"KLUUUUMP

You're telling me that I looked like....THAT?

Preposterous!

How was I supposed to implement my reptilian tyranny efficiently with my stomach looking like a golf ball!?!"

Just curious, are there any of you that still hasn't experienced every matchup in the game as:ultkrool:? I never fought :ultdiddy::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultrosalina::ultryu:ever in Quickplay/Elite Smash or in tournament.
Off the top of my head I've faced off against every character online (Elite/Quickplay/Standard) except :ultdiddy::ultmegaman::ultrosalina: and:ultsheik:.

Last edited:

Phantomjack24

Smash Rookie

Some stores online still have him in stock.....target....walmart....frys electronics.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

I don't think you guys have any idea how badass your main is.

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
Wow the baby pikachu match is bull****. If a baby pikachu runs behind a thunderjolt, aka how they always approach, the crown doesn't have a hitbox after the thuderjolt, so the Pichu runs right through the crown

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
There's a bunch of projectiles that do that, they cancel out with crown's "way out" hitbox and the crown keeps going, then once it starts the return trip it has a hitbox again. They still have to worry about that returning hit, but it definitely makes it so you really gotta think about when you're throwing your headgear around.
Folks from the K. Rool Discord have apparently put together a spreadsheet detailing all of crown/blunderbuss's interactions, pretty useful if you wanna know what's safe to use on who

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Wow the baby pikachu match is bull****. If a baby pikachu runs behind a thunderjolt, aka how they always approach, the crown doesn't have a hitbox after the thuderjolt, so the Pichu runs right through the crown
Eh, I find Gut Check is a good answer to Pichus trying to follow their jolts. If they're too close they may even get hit by both the refected jolt AND the actual counterattack.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I put together a K. Rool combo video with some of the match footage I recorded to date. Nothing spectacular with regard to gameplay but still the sort of fun video I spent the longest time hoping I'd one day get to put together featuring the Kremling King.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Got two amiibo of the boy on Friday! :ultkrool::ultkrool:

Also :ulticeclimbers:

Couldn't find :ultpiranha: :(

Also fighting :ultlucina: is a hell unlike no other.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Eh what? The nerfs weren't "pretty significant" at all. Only if you barely know or play K. Rool would you think this. The biggest one was also the helicopterpack, but it's still relatively minor adjustment, you just have to be a little bit more careful getting to the ledge.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It's funny how the perspective changes depending on the player's skill level. K. Rool is not the OP beast people thought him to be, but to my cousin fighting K. Rool is a death sentence. He can't do a thing about the matchup and gets cheesed out by his projectiles, armor and bury D-throw. It makes me feel bad for using him. As you may guess, he is not that good of a player but I'm constantly trying help him improve. I shared him Izaw's Art of Smash Ultimate videos in hopes he gets better.
He gets easily frustrated when he is losing and it makes fighting him no fun when I'm just stomping him.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Eh what? The nerfs weren't "pretty significant" at all. Only if you barely know or play K. Rool would you think this. The biggest one was also the helicopterpack, but it's still relatively minor adjustment, you just have to be a little bit more careful getting to the ledge.
To be completely fair, the helipack nerf could be seen as significant. Spiking K. Rool, to me personally, feels noticeably easier now, and I've never been that great with spikes to begin with. while training my K. Rool amiibo (which I am extremely hyped to have, btw. Can I gush about how it feels to have the first official K. Rool merchandise in decades?), I was able to consistently and more often then when it whiffed spike K. Rool through the helipack. It is worth noting that I was mainly playing K. Rool dittos to train my K. Rool, so I'd be interested to know if it's not that K. Rool got a significant hitbox nerf, but rather the frame data on K. Rool's dair is just really long and consistent and just an overall pretty darn good down air. Verdict is out on K. Rool vs. K. Rool spiking helipack with bair, since I'm definitely worse at landing that than I am landing his dair.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's funny how the perspective changes depending on the player's skill level. K. Rool is not the OP beast people thought him to be, but to my cousin fighting K. Rool is a death sentence. He can't do a thing about the matchup and gets cheesed out by his projectiles, armor and bury D-throw. It makes me feel bad for using him. As you may guess, he is not that good of a player but I'm constantly trying help him improve. I shared him Izaw's Art of Smash Ultimate videos in hopes he gets better.
He gets easily frustrated when he is losing and it makes fighting him no fun when I'm just stomping him.
That's been my experience too. K. Rool is a skillgate character; his flaws are more obvious to people who understand the game on a technical level.

Top Bottom