• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
To think that pretty much one year ago, we got Smash announced for the Switch without us knowing what lies in store for us...

And now look at us! Labbing the Karacter, looking for amazing set-ups and Kombos.

Yeah, right now our King as seen as the bottom of the food chain, but regardless of his placings in the tier lists, let's all just be thankful that we have our Boy AND an Amiibo of him, back in the limelight!

Edit: My DK Crew name would be Tonkey Fong, or, applying the same logic to OUR side,

my Kremling Leader name is King T. Fool.....great

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Long live the king :ultkrool::ultkrool::ultkrool:

Please buff him...

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion

I'll be honest I really liked this costume in Mario Super Sluggers. Wish it was an alt in Ultimate, I'm a sucker for Egyptian-based designs.
Imagine how cool it'd look on his darker, scaly design too

Last edited:

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868

I'll be honest I really liked this costume in Mario Super Sluggers. Wish it was an alt in Ultimate, I'm a sucker for Egyptian-based designs.
Imagine how cool it'd look on his darker, scaly design too
Really really wish he had an Alt where he was just straight up Kaptain K Rool, tbh. Even if that meant he pulled the crown out of thin air and didn't show it on his body, it'd be neat

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
so I realized something

King K. Rool, a king, is fought on a pirate ship.
Kaptain K. Rool, a pirate, is fought on a sci-fi airship.
Baron K. Roolenstein, a scientist, is fought in a castle.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
so I realized something

When do we get to fight Pope K. Rooledict?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm still mad they nerfed his down throw. If anything he needed a buff. Meanwhile inkling's bury remains broken.
Even in those days what you got out of it was barely more than what his uthrow did unless they were bad mashers, and today it's more consistent at sealing stocks on highly damaged opponents near the ledge.

His down tilt bury, on the other hand still does so long enough for creative strings at low percents and setting up kills at percents Inkling and R.O.B can only dream of. Only DK's headbutt is scarier when he has a charged punch.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Even in those days what you got out of it was barely more than what his uthrow did unless they were bad mashers, and today it's more consistent at sealing stocks on highly damaged opponents near the ledge.

His down tilt bury, on the other hand still does so long enough for creative strings at low percents and setting up kills at percents Inkling and R.O.B can only dream of. Only DK's headbutt is scarier when he has a charged punch.
You and I are having very different experiences. I can't even get a hit off of down throw on a CPU at over 100% damage. And CPUs barely even mash.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
A madman actually recreated the dance from that gif. Amazing.
It is. He even got the kut-off kape from the kartoon too. Now I'm waiting for someone to fully recreate One of Us, Finest Hour, and the Diddy Drop Rap.
You and I are having very different experiences. I can't even get a hit off of down throw on a CPU at over 100% damage. And CPUs barely even mash.
That's because Level 9 CPUs are on a whole different level than previous Smash titles. They can parry so damn easily. And when they grab you the CPU always gets like three to four pummels on you before they throw you. Plus they can spike you too. That alone makes them pretty formidable. Though you do have CPUs like Ness and Villager who spam PK Fire and the Lloyd Rocket respectively. It is so satisfying to spike CPUs in this game. I've been working on my spike game and I gotta say it's so much fun to spike in Ultimate especially that K. Rool back air.

so I realized something

He is very skilled our Krazy Kroc, its like someone who speaks 4 different languages:

54432732_562850990888044_5584458190705131520_o.jpg

i think it's funny we're still one of the more active social threads on smashboards
It is pretty funny considering back in the speculation days, some of the flimsy arguments put forth by some of the fried eggs who populate this site, spewed that if K. Rool got in that:

- No one would use him
- He would not be popular enough
- No one would stick around to discuss the character

Plus apparently he wasn't memorable. Plenty of people eating humble banana cream pie now.

Granted, he doesn't show up online as much as Inkling or the Fire Emblem crew but you encounter the odd Kroc here and there.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Regarding the bury thing, honestly, I'm not too bothered by the actual nerfs to the down throw, you never use it before 130 or so percent anyway. Before then it's all about up throw. Its main use really is just getting that utilt kill confirm at high percents.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
He is very skilled our Krazy Kroc, its like someone who speaks 4 different languages:

View attachment 198617

It is pretty funny considering back in the speculation days, some of the flimsy arguments put forth by some of the fried eggs who populate this site, spewed that if K. Rool got in that:

- No one would use him
- He would not be popular enough
- No one would stick around to discuss the character

Plus apparently he wasn't memorable. Plenty of people eating humble banana cream pie now.

Granted, he doesn't show up online as much as Inkling or the Fire Emblem crew but you encounter the odd Kroc here and there.
extra funny points for Inkling's smashboards section not being all that active

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Made it to top 16 out of 50 + participants in our monthly local with K Rool only, But lost to a really good Ike Player...
Oh well, I am still satisfied with my placing

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Made it to top 16 out of 50 + participants in our monthly local with K Rool only, But lost to a really good Ike Player...
Oh well, I am still satisfied with my placing
Nice Job I Only Wish we saw more tournament play from K.Rool because it gets depressing seeing how far back you gotta go to get the most recent K.Rool Tournament video at times

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990

If you guys are interested, my Set against the Ike player starts at 2:19:00. While I managed a rather Ok comeback in the first game, he utterly destroyed me in game 2. Oh well, still fun, though

Top Bottom