• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killafleet Presents: The Zenith: The Prelude...june 30th. FREE FOOD AND DRINKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killafox

Smash Lord
bronx, ny (im up for any competition, so if u wann
Date:

Saturday June 30th
Time: 10 AM - Closing
Registration starts at 10 AM - BE THERE AT 10 AM TO REGISTER

web2zone
54 Cooper Square
New York, NY 10003

Directions:

Via Subway

R : All Days (5:30am-11pm) to 8th street
N : Late Nights (11pm-5:30am) & weekends Only to 8th Street
W : Weekdays only (6am-9:30pm) to 8th Street
6 : ALL Times to Astor Place
--all these places take u about 1 block from the venue

Via Bus

M1 M2, M3, M5, M6, M8 to 8th street and Broadway

M101, M102, M103 to cooper square

Via car

if you're coming by car, just map quest or Google maps this---
54 Cooper Sq New York, NY 10003[/FONT]

Events:

1v1 - $20 per person
2v2 - $20 per team ($10 per person)

Prizes:
40% of the prizes will go to the store, the rest given to the players in the following percentages

Singles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Doubles:
1st place - 65% of prize
2nd place - 25% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

RULES

₪ BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS - The store will not provide you one.

₪ All events will be double elimination

₪ Four (4) stock

₪ Eight (8) minute time limit

₪ Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews - you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in order to be favored - You must have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.

₪ In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedings will be determined by pools - each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play two, four (4) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 32-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections are double blind pick for the 1st match.

₪ In a set, character selection for the first round will be blind pick - both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards. The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection. After the first match, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.

₪ The loser of the match gets to counter-pick stage, the winner can then change character, then the loser can change character. OR, the looser will announce the next stage to be random, where then the loser can change character while the winner cant. THIS RULE GOES FOR TEAMS AND SINGLES

₪Stage Strike Rule - Each player or team can choose one (1) stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters and have entered the stage select screen. you cannot ban a nuetral stage. but u can reset 1 stage in a set. so pick one non-nuetral stage to ban for the whole set, and one reset to ANY stage. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)

₪ Dave's Stupid Rule Modified - The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set, unless the loser asks the winner if they can play there again.

₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches with the Grand Finals being best of seven (7)

₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins the match. In case both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins the match. If both players have the same percentages, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a match on the same stage.

₪ Items will be turned OFF

₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players. if a conclusion cannot be agreed upon, the match will be restart from the beginning

₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

**WOBBLING IS BANNED- NO ARGUMENTS AND NO EXCEPTIONS**

₪ Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.

₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by a store official/Killa Fleet member). Likewise, controller modifications are banned. If you are caught using a modded controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

₪ BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.

₪ Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story

₪ Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, DK64, Yoshi's story

₪ Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay and Yoshi's Island 64. every other stage is on for counter picks

₪ For Doubles, Team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.

₪The Mages DQ Rule will be instilled if a player is late for a match:

2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

Web2zone has:

7 CRTS
3 Gamecubes
3 Smash Games

Everyone post if your bringing stuff or PM us.

we need 5 more cubes and 5 smashes. then we have 7 setups. thats good enough i guess.

Alright guys this is something the KF crew and Alex strife have been working hard to get. After this is the big 2-day event in September. We will post that by the end of the week.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
yay...good post guys...for that weekend there wont be a friday tournament and we can set it up for that month woot

Cia

das kwl
We WERE gonna go till we saw that Wobbling has once again.. been banned..

we can't travel that far to a tournament that limits us to our most basic techniques T_T

xEnvYx

Smash Cadet
wobbling is really homosexual and I'm saying that as a climbers main.
its better that its banned to prevent random ppl who think they can beat anyone by wobbling in a tournament. If it wasn't banned me and my whole crew would just wobble everyone..lol. But anyway me and my crew will most likely be attending this.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOBBLING IS BAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNEDD!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............................??.................... I'm saying this and yet i main IC's ain't that a B :chuckle:.

-BLaze-

Smash Cadet
Only cuz I don't post don't mean I aint makin it. Forgettin a bit too many faces..

Eternal Smasher

Smash Ace
I haven't played Melee since the last Zenith. I must attend. Luigi is god. Etc, hope I can make it, etc, first Brawl site now this, etc...

Cia

das kwl
Yeeeeah, i was joking about the wobbling thing. We're still coming, But i actually wanted wobbling allowed just so i can see the fool who'd try that on my Peach ::laughs maniacally::

By the way, i'm gonna need a partner for this. Anyone??

Alukard

Smash Hero
YAYYYY ... a zenith ... sheesh i think i really sucked back then compared to now ... its like ya set these up after each of my skill lvl jumps ... o don't get me wrong this is great cuz everytime i go to a nice turn out tourney i allllways learn sumthing ... don't let me down zenith ^_^ ...

CHICKEN IS GOOD ^_-

fenixkaldoran

Smash Apprentice
venom speaking:omg finally the rock has come back to the zenith LOl sorry about that definetly gonna be there 2 **** everyones underwear on thats right ON not off

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
I might go to this. To anybody that is approving no wobbling they are noobs if you saw koreandj go up against chudat at C3 he was wobbling but you didn't see him ***** and won aginst chudat but I understand that noobs like to complain and I really think you should ban the fox infinite since it really isn't fair to the characters he can do it on just my opinion.

JHoLLa

Smash Journeyman
**WOBBLING IS BANNED- NO ARGUMENTS AND NO EXCEPTIONS** good ish. Ill do my best to bring the Nation.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
According to the official rules of every tournament, Wobbling, and Fox's infinite shine, as well as grabbing the enemy and having your partner rapid A attack would be banned, but no one really seems to realize it.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah Bailey, thats a good point, I'd like to go to both of these tournaments, NYST because we go to them all the time, and this because I haven''t been in the NYC smash scene for like 8 months...

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea I mean I have had my tournament up for awhile and I want people from the city to come to mine since I haven't played u guyz in foreverz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom