• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kill moves?

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
ok... i used jiggs for a while in melee (after realizing that i was a sniper with rest attack and that her other moves actually packed some punch, too), but drifted away from her when i began to use samus and ness for brawl.

well, now my mains are zelda (since melee), zamus, falco, and lucas.... but lucas is growing iffy, and jiggs is starting to rise up on the cool list.

in other words, i'm thinking about replacing lucas with jiggs. but first -- what are jigglypuff's kill moves, so i can develop a general-enough strategy and eventually get solid feelings for both jiggs and lucas in order to see which one will make the cut.

(sorry for all the extra background info :p)

1HKO

Smash Apprentice
Jiggs has 3 main kill moves and many other random ways to kill. A good guide for you would be RPK's BTW.
the kills are:
1.Rollout(check out Jigglymaster's Utube channel)
2.Rest
3.Lots of aerials off the screen

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Fair on it's own has a decent knockback and could be considered one of JIggly's KO moves. Up smash works as well but probably at the higher percentages. But doing the dash attack cancel into up smash is always a nice way to mix things up. (Has an official name been given to this technique yet or is it still DLX cancel? *shudders*)

Popertop

Smash Champion
String together bairs off the stage into a fair where the screen stops.
Guaranteed kill if you can manage it, probably character specific percentages and DI involved....
I got this one glorious kill against a falco using that, though.

dizzam

Smash Cadet
F-smash definitely. Either that or aerials. Maybe rest if you decide to do it..

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
against good people, the main killing moves that you will be able to land are the following:

1. dair to rest
2. fair at a decent percent (as long as you don't use it often because of deminishing returns)
3. punish their laggy move or shield hit with a rest
4. bair off the stage

I guess fsmash should be on their too, but you gotta be really tricky to land this, and then even then, it probably wont land

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
A sort of new way to kill is that the sleep seems to be a little longer after singing so if you edge cancel it you can get on the other side of them and charge an F smash which can kill at higher %'s like maybe around 70-100%(I'm just guessing ATM). You can kill well with a rollout, if its not a good player spam it until you hit them lol, best on a flat stage like FD. If your against sombody who can constantly dodge them easily do a small f-tilt, a weak n air, or some kind of an attack that will make them fall on the ground, immeditly follow up with a charging rollout and if you space it correctly you can't miss because rolling towards you won't be enough to get past you, rolling the other way won't do anything, same with just getting up and attacking getting up. Rollout is a lot more useful in this game and is unavoidable if your opponent misses a unecpected tech.

Roller

Smash Legend
against good people, the main killing moves that you will be able to land are the following:

1. dair to rest
2. fair at a decent percent (as long as you don't use it often because of deminishing returns)
3. punish their laggy move or shield hit with a rest
4. bair off the stage

I guess fsmash should be on their too, but you gotta be really tricky to land this, and then even then, it probably wont land
Quoted for Truthery

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I'm totally pissed off so I felt like bumping the oldest thread on my subscribed threads list, lol

Glick

Smash Lord
Well I'm bumping it again.

The trick to my current style of jiggz is not using the fair to approach, and instead use bair and nair to build up damage and fair at high percents to kill. Fair is a REALLY powerful move when left fresh. If you manage to bair them off stage, I like to follow up with nair then either don't jump and fair or jump and fair. you just have to predict if their going to jump immediately or free fall for a while before recovering. If their smart they will jump and air dodge. If your quick enough to see that you can wait out the air dodge and fair them then.

Even if it doesn't kill them it should be strong enough to send them off screen. Hopefully thats enough for an edgehog gimp.

If I have the stock advantage, I like to start approaching with Fair because I'm usually at a higher percent and the move will refresh when I die. Fair has a slightly longer hitbox so it helps when I'm trying to not get hit. At this point you can use Fsmash or even better rollout as a killing move if you manage to get them to killing range in that same stock.

I know bowyer doesn't like to use rollout, but its a strong move and you should be using it to kill and punish people that don't tech. A lot of people don't know how to counter it so take advantage of that by experimenting with it when your in safe waters.

Long post is long, but I hope I helped.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I like to get as high as I can by using rising pounds and all my jumps, lmao :)
-see attached note

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
For a mid-weight:

60% - Rollout
80% - Rest
100% - Fair, possibly u-smash
125% - Dash Attack
150% - Bair, Uair, Nair, or F-tilt
180% - U-tilt

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Really? I ****ing hate when people do that, I just needed to cheer myself up cause I've been having a really ****ing bad week, LOL.
Ouch, rough week.
You should have done what I did. I put inside every quote I posted on the CF boards, as a spoiler, Get Laid, so no one could see it. And it works really well, highlight the quote thing to check it out.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I didn't know Fair had diminishing returns. Does it decrease knockback each time or just percentage done?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
The way to avoid it being a problem is to not use your best killing moves very often after they have a little percent, and to determine your best killing moves you need to look at everything like what moves are safe to do, what moves are easiest to land with, and what has the best knockback. Like if you only have like 1 safe move but it also the one with the best knockback, you shouldn't always save it even though when the time comes to kill them, that move won't kill.

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
Well, I've never seen a Jigglypuff use Rollout like I do (actually, I've never seen a Jigglypuff even play anything like I do) But I use Rollout as my main KO move, and I usually kill at around 80 or 90%. If I can't hit a rollout (I usually can, but certain characters give me trouble), I use Drill-rest or F-smash. F-air works sometimes as well, but it isn't friendly on heavier people.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Well, I've never seen a Jigglypuff use Rollout like I do (actually, I've never seen a Jigglypuff even play anything like I do) But I use Rollout as my main KO move, and I usually kill at around 80 or 90%. If I can't hit a rollout (I usually can, but certain characters give me trouble), I use Drill-rest or F-smash. F-air works sometimes as well, but it isn't friendly on heavier people.
Using it once or twice per stock with mindgames is fine, and it can be a primary kill move as long as its spontaneous. However, you shouldn't rely on it at all. Otherwise, the people you are playing need work.

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
Using it once or twice per stock with mindgames is fine, and it can be a primary kill move as long as its spontaneous. However, you shouldn't rely on it at all. Otherwise, the people you are playing need work.
As I said, I've never seen anyone control rollout like I do. Everyone tells me not to use it as much, but I find if effective on even some of the best people I've faced.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Oh they must, considering you've never seen me play or know who I play against.
Dude, seriously, I've been around long enough to know when someone sucks *** based on what they say and the words they use. You're a scrub get over it or get better.

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
Dude, seriously, I've been around long enough to know when someone sucks *** based on what they say and the words they use. You're a scrub get over it or get better.
I never said I was good or anything, I don't think I'm bad at brawl, but I don't consider myself great at the game either. I was suggesting that rollout could be used as a reliable KO move if it's used properly. You shouldn't flame somebody when you don't even know what they're trying to say.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I never said I was good or anything, I don't think I'm bad at brawl, but I don't consider myself great at the game either. I was suggesting that rollout could be used as a reliable KO move if it's used properly. You shouldn't flame somebody when you don't even know what they're trying to say.
Dude, there are a ****ing millions scrubs who come here and voice their wrong opinions about ****, I'm not going to sit back and be nice and try to figure out exactly what every person is trying to say, it's not worth my time.

And flaming people is fun and a lot of people enjoy reading my posts, lol. If I was a nice guy on the boards, I would've stopped coming here a long time ago when I basically stopped playing smash.

rinoH

Smash Lord
And flaming people is fun and a lot of people enjoy reading my posts, lol. If I was a nice guy on the boards, I would've stopped coming here a long time ago when I basically stopped playing smash.
i like reading your posts their funny

Top Bottom