• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kid Icarus Uprising

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I need to add Everyone here too. My Fc is 0344-9566-1729
(I'll add everyone who posted there FC Recently)

So Im not that knowledgeable at fusing. I have a babel club with

+3 range
+3 shot homing
+4 dash charge shot
-2 speed
And +1 something else that I forgot

I want to make it into something amazing? Help?

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Seems fine enough for me, i have one with 6 stars and those mods, except with IPAB-4. Is pretty good, although some eyetracks would make work better imo.

Have the FHB+6 version/dash ch. shot -2 of my compact on some 5 range hedgehogs at the moment. It was just luck they ended up on a hedgehog, but damn even though it's only 5 stars, it's pretty good.
The combination of full-health's speed boost, and walking speed, i can cover the distance most players can with running, and more.

Life

Smash Hero
rate my new meteor bow

value is 277

4 1/2 range
shot range +3
speed +4
standing cont +4
effect duration +4
od -3

goes well with playing dead :3
Honestly, OD- ruins most weapons (other than that it combos nicely with Full Health Boost). If you can not get killed, it'll serve you well.

I need to add Everyone here too. My Fc is 0344-9566-1729
(I'll add everyone who posted there FC Recently)

So Im not that knowledgeable at fusing. I have a babel club with

+3 range
+3 shot homing
+4 dash charge shot
-2 speed
And +1 something else that I forgot

I want to make it into something amazing? Help?
Will add, if I haven't already (I may have). What I would do is (if possible) clone the club using a friend's 3DS so you can keep it around, and try to fuse those first three mods onto another appropriate ranged weapon (Eyetracks are popular, but almost anything reliant on charged shots is good). The club itself is pretty good though, keep it around.

Sully

Smash Cadet
Here's mine if anyone wants to play sometime: 1075-1156-0016

I keep trying to fuse certain attributes onto weapons and keep failing. I'm trying to go for a Midnight palm with +4 FCDS, +3 (or more) OD, Weakening +2 or more and speed +3

Life

Smash Hero
Minor discovery BTW, while playing with my flintlock between matches.

If you hold down L, there's a pretty big pause in between its five-shot volleys. If you let go of L for a moment between volleys and then press it again, the cooldown between volleys is reduced.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
OD-X is rather acceptable for weapons which have inherent ways of avoiding damage, such as his meteor bow which abuses the walking standing. cont fire with bumblebee and playing dead.

Is meteor's standing cont. fire comparable to compacts?

Tearbear

Smash Ace
Minor discovery BTW, while playing with my flintlock between matches.

If you hold down L, there's a pretty big pause in between its five-shot volleys. If you let go of L for a moment between volleys and then press it again, the cooldown between volleys is reduced.
found this out about a month or two ago

and meteor my meteor bow either runs light weight + bumble bee + EC or playing dead + slip shot + ec or slip shot + warp + EC

the cont fire is real good and comes at weird timing so its not too easy to dodge and the range on it is crazy 86 for just standing cont fire and since inferiority has exposed the shot cool down thing i might as well share and say it works best with bows

Life

Smash Hero
I might have to try meteor bow now. I normally play charged-shot based weapons (in the past I've used Sagit Bow, staves, Centurion Orbitars, and Great Reaper Palm--all of which are charged shot based with the partial exception of the GRP--the only significant exceptions being melee Magnus and some claws) so it would be a nice change of pace.

Life

Smash Hero
really? 'Cause mine has FDCS+4 and does over 300 damage with Energy Charge (plus it has shot range and homing bonuses) so I just stuck with spamming that... huh.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
>With energy charge.

Saggi bow cannot ohko without energy charge, however I do believe the dash cont. fire can with it as well. (assuming enough supplemental mods)
You're better off with the fortune if you're going to be using energy charge anyway. Palutena, and darkness can OHKO without it.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
Bought a Poseidon Cannon with the following stats:
*1.5 Range, 2 Melee
*OD+6
*Status Resistance +2
*Health +2
*Paralysis +1
*Speed +1
*SCF+1

I'm not sure on the stats, especially when I haven't tried the thing, I wasn't about to let a good defense cannon go.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
So I saw a angel bow with
+3 homing
+3 range
+4 DashCS

Online today. Im gonna try to make one out of my Babbel club that has all those traits :3

It seems broken with slip shot

Life

Smash Hero
>With energy charge.

Saggi bow cannot ohko without energy charge, however I do believe the dash cont. fire can with it as well. (assuming enough supplemental mods)
You're better off with the fortune if you're going to be using energy charge anyway. Palutena, and darkness can OHKO without it.
It's not remotely optimized (even has melee stars!), I just kinda have it. Think it dropped randomly one time, maybe.

Noted about Palu/Darkness though.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
thats a sucky thing to buy mkhd
they sell od +8 sometimes in the shop should have wait for that

Ice_Blue

Smash Rookie
Poseidon Cannoon

Bought a Poseidon Cannon with the following stats:
*1.5 Range, 2 Melee
*OD+6
*Status Resistance +2
*Health +2
*Paralysis +1
*Speed +1
*SCF+1

I'm not sure on the stats, especially when I haven't tried the thing, I wasn't about to let a good defense cannon go.
What is the value of the weapon? Well 1.5 Ranged...this isn't the best weapon for attack is it?
Well mine has 1 ranged and .5 melee so I shouldn't be talking.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
+3 homing
+3 range
+4 DashCS

Online today. Im gonna try to make one out of my Babbel club that has all those traits :3

Not as broken as eyetracks, but they're pretty fun. I like to use energy charge, slipshot, and invisible shots on my pair. Probably wouldn't work so great against good players, but it sure does wrack up the kills.

Ice_Blue

Smash Rookie
But Powerhouse remember Angel Bow has low attack power so homing and range are very important in racking damage. And adding stats to a charged shot is very effective. +4 is very good; my Electroshock Arm has +4 Freezing which is very useful in melee combat.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Another problem with the Angel bow is that it also fires slowly, which makes it ill suited for attacking fast opponents. Although the strong homing abilities do compensate for this to an extent. It also has weak melee attacks, but who cares about that?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
+3 homing
+3 range
+4 DashCS

Did it have 6 Stars in Range? Cause if it did it may have been the same one I saw the other say (that was impossible to win against, Slip Shot + Energy Charge + Homing Boost).

Mine has 6 stars shot range +3 shot homing +3 dash ch. shot +4
Never mind then. I guess they're rather common. lol

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Did it have 6 Stars in Range? Cause if it did it may have been the same one I saw the other say (that was impossible to win against, Slip Shot + Energy Charge + Homing Boost).

Never mind then. I guess they're rather common. lol
I very rarely use it, so it's more likely to be someone else.
I just copy weapons with 6 range homing +3 range +3 dash ch. shot +4 ipab-4 and have a lot with those mods.

I mostly use my compact these days. Finally finished my ideal one, although I do have some ideas for an od-4 version with shot cancellation. But i think my current is fine.

Life

Smash Hero
^shots fired

Speaking of, I started the Independence Day Cannon thing early and it's sooooooooo fun. Not even joking. Stuff blowing up!

Fireworks Cannon, Explosive Flame, Heavenly Light, Celestial Fireworks, change name to something related to the day. Target-fire Royal Blades for lulz.

I might have to give cannons a go now. Wasn't seriously expecting them to be this fun.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
I thought of a stupid powerful duo combination: Flintlock with the Invincibility Trinity (or maybe Trade Off and Playing Dead with Energy Charge) + homing Eyetracks with Slip Shot, Quick Charge, and Energy Charge.

The Flintlock can easily FRONTLINE because of the invincibility powers in combination with being able to 1HK at FREAKING TWENTY METERS, when defense weapons simply have problems with the Eyetracks spammage to begin with. It will ensure that nobody will EVER get close to the Eyetracks so easily at all.

Here's what would happen:
*Eyetracks Slip Shots like crazy. The spammage combined with Energy Charge will destroy anything that refuses to approach.
*Naturally, when the opponent's approach, they have to deal with the stupid strong Flintlock who can 1HK people even at close range. If you think that 25 Staff Melee Strength is going to kill them, think again, because as soon as you get close, they'll just use an invincibility power and laugh.
*Now if they use Playing Dead, you think you can just get close to them so that they would inadvertently melee if they try to attack, but then the Eyetracks guy will just rip you apart. If you move away, you'll get shot from behind. Either way, you're dead.
*And in the case that there's two of you? Simple: the Eyetracks will stay near the Flintlock. If you try a flanking attack, divide and conquer will silence your ability to stop the Eyetracks from escaping in a hurry.

So. Dumb. And I haven't even thought of who would fit in for the third player, though I'd expect they'd be providing backside cover to end ambushes on the Eyetracks.

Life

Smash Hero
I thought of a stupid powerful duo combination: Flintlock with the Invincibility Trinity (or maybe Trade Off and Playing Dead with Energy Charge) + homing Eyetracks with Slip Shot, Quick Charge, and Energy Charge.

The Flintlock can easily FRONTLINE because of the invincibility powers in combination with being able to 1HK at FREAKING TWENTY METERS, when defense weapons simply have problems with the Eyetracks spammage to begin with. It will ensure that nobody will EVER get close to the Eyetracks so easily at all.

Here's what would happen:
*Eyetracks Slip Shots like crazy. The spammage combined with Energy Charge will destroy anything that refuses to approach.
*Naturally, when the opponent's approach, they have to deal with the stupid strong Flintlock who can 1HK people even at close range. If you think that 25 Staff Melee Strength is going to kill them, think again, because as soon as you get close, they'll just use an invincibility power and laugh.
*Now if they use Playing Dead, you think you can just get close to them so that they would inadvertently melee if they try to attack, but then the Eyetracks guy will just rip you apart. If you move away, you'll get shot from behind. Either way, you're dead.
*And in the case that there's two of you? Simple: the Eyetracks will stay near the Flintlock. If you try a flanking attack, divide and conquer will silence your ability to stop the Eyetracks from escaping in a hurry.

So. Dumb. And I haven't even thought of who would fit in for the third player, though I'd expect they'd be providing backside cover to end ambushes on the Eyetracks.
Let's compare to my post last week:

I saw the tank as more of a bodyguard figure for the sniper though, with the third teammate acting as a focus of sorts to draw the battle to him (a status-based Viridi Claw or Phosphora Bow would do well) and draw out potential targets for the sniper. The sniper effectively is "with" both the other teammates, so nobody's really being caught alone. Not an invincible comp, just a basic strategy.
One powerful ranged DPS? Check.
One bodyguard? Check.
The only difference is that you suggest a second bodyguard to make a deathball of sorts, while I suggest a harasser/"focus" to keep them from making any sort of coordinated attack on the other two.

There is nothing new under the sun.

But why use Flintlock as the tank? There are a billion better ways to go about the strat.

For your version, I'd use Magnus Club as the bodyguard. The only way you can really best a Magnus Club is by kiting it; and if you're kiting the Magnus, you aren't going to be able to also deal with the Eyetracks. Meanwhile, if there's two players going after the pair, all Magnus and Eyetracks have to do is target the guy that's targeting their buddy.

Almost anything can make a decent third for this strat.

Additional snipers enable you to cover enemies coming in multiple directions.
Another bodyguard basically makes you a deathball.
A harasser keeps the enemy from organizing against your duo.

The best counter for this strat is an enemy sniper. If the team sniper doesn't focus them down on sight, they can pick them off before the tank can react.

Of course, this is just one paradigm. Something like triple Claw would work totally differently.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Sounds similar to what me and Drazonix will be doing for the BoTB.

I'll be this:

Eyetracks

3.5 range

Health +6
Shot Defense +2
Shot Range +3
Dash Ch. Shot +4
Speed-4

And him a similar defense, but in an OHKO melee weapon with high speed. (He's thinkin health +6 SD+2 melee combo +4 speed +4 Dash Ch. Shot -2 raptor claw)

And I'll be giving cover fire while he tries to herd the enemies and draw their fire.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
The IT Flintlock is frontlining to preempt opponents. It can nail people from so far away, so it's impossible to outcamp from LR unless you do it so blatantly that Eyetracks will just gut you. The natural response would be to get close, especially when you'd get ripped apart otherwise by the Eyetracks, but anybody who does has to deal with invincibility powers being suddenly triggered. So while the Flintlock needs to hit you only once, you need to CORNER him FIVE TIMES!

It's really aggravating that the metagame is guaranteed to devolve into making too many things pretty much worthless. All because of a few stupid things. What could be making range 1HKs necessary anyway? They're only good when the mechanics are intentionally shallow, like in your everyday FPS. Which is the thing: the power system is designed to provide depth, namely things like providing ways to combat otherwise bad matchups. But of course, Project Sora screwed up and gave range 1HK pests too many options for shutting out anybody who can even get close to them. When kiting is bad enough even without range 1HKs because of the lack of reason to fight off LR attacks for long.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
It's perfectly balanced, put on some god damned defense instead of being a scrub and just using either entirely offensive mods, or entirely defensive.

It's like refusing to use the shield in smash bros, honestly.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It's perfectly balanced, put on some god damned defense instead of being a scrub and just using either entirely offensive mods, or entirely defensive.

Even if you use your shield in Smash 64, it gets shattered and you die anyway.
That's what the power creep in Uprising is like.

Both games have a glorious set of mechanics ruined by a single strategy being too potent.

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman

Okay, then, I'll just try to make a Skyscraper Club with +7 Overall DEF and +6 Health. Not like I'll just find it in the shop when I'm ~15K hearts short.

Oh, and thanks for the perfect analogy. Let me know how shielding goes in SSB64.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
mkhd is still bad it seems :I

better off comparing to blocking in traditional 2d fighters because mofos will just be derpy and think your talking about smash64 for some reason since you know the game just came out and stuff @dunnobro

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Okay, then, I'll just try to make a Skyscraper Club with +7 Overall DEF and +6 Health. Not like I'll just find it in the shop when I'm ~15K hearts short.

Oh, and thanks for the perfect analogy. Let me know how shielding goes in SSB64.
That will kill your value, just put on some shot defense or health if you're so damned worried about OHKOs. Shot defense +2 shuts down almost all Ranged OHKOs.

Honestly, the only problem with the game is that it's too difficult to fuse specific weapons without streetpass abuse. As a result you get minimalist projects like just dash ch. shot +4 on a magnus club, or shot range on a viridi palm. Or if they're especially lucky, range, homing, and dash ch. shot on the same weapon. But even then, they also need a good negative mod, and a defensive mod for it to be complete.

Streetpass abuse not only pretty much nullifies the problem of "i got the mods i want but on the wrong weapon!" because you can just keep cycling into other weapons, keeping the old ones and eventually finding a combination which you want.

I have over 600 range/melee only weapons, about half of which being exceptional fusion material. All because I never lose any weapons to fusion, i just copy the materials every time i make something.

Not only is it REALLY fun as it provides some semblance of planning, but i can realistically make EXACTLY what i want, be it a minimalist or luxury 6 mod 6 star weapon.

They really should make some patch or glitch within the game to copy weapons for people without second, formattable 3DSs.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
To be honest, even though Streetpass abuse has its perks, it also means you need a friend or another 3DS of some kind. Which is the biggest flaw, unless you know someone who is into Kid Icarus. For me, barely anyone plays KI in my area save me. So Streetpass is kinda useless at times.

:phone:

Top Bottom