• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Allied

Smash Master
♣ Really? Most tourney's I went to forbid any hacking unless it's friendlies. But then again, I haven't been to much Smash tourney's around where I live now. ♥
you'd be surprised how many tournaments do allow it 0_o
i don't approve of it though

example:
pools match vs D1

falco's backthrow glitched twice so i was stuck to falco until he did a downsmash on me....

luckly i didn't care because D1 is my friend and i was losing anyway i can admit defeat
but still! i dont trust hacked wii's

T-nuts

Smash Ace
I might as well say this now. I want to play everyone on the boards at some point or another. So far I've played t1mmy, Asdioh, Y.b.M., A1lion (though I almost don't want to count it, the lag was so bad that the game would stop for seconds at a time. Maybe try again when or if you decide to start playing again?) and I just got finished playing against fromundaman (so fun!).

If I'm not mistaken, of the Kirby regulars around here that leaves Viper, and Kawaii. I would like to play T-nuts, Falcon, Dfat2, Straked (whom I will be bawrling tonight hopefully) and the others, too. I just don't see them on regularly.
sure man, im willing to play you whenever im online (which is not that often, lol). i cant play tonight, but maybe tomorrow or at least sometme soon.

i was gonna try to play a lot of ladder matches this season but so far ive still only played 10 :laugh: oh well.

Also, very off topic, but I was thinking that it would be pretty kickass if members of this board did a cover of a kirby song and used it in a combo video. I've thought about doing it on my own a little bit (i play guitar), but it would be awesome if other people were interested in this and sent me a bass track (hint hint fromundaman? lol) and a drum track too.

Although, in REALITY, i dont even have a video to use it in. and it would be very hard to coordinate and pretty time consuming as well if I actually wanted the recording to sound good. so i doubt ill ever get around to it. :ohwell:

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
I play guitar too, and i've been thinking of a good idea of what video game music i should cover, and u just gave me inspiration ^_^
Hope ur combo vid goes well

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
Am i the only Kirby that changes color depending on my mood of the day? I guess it's just a coping mechanism or sumthin...

If im mad, i go Red Kirbz
If im serious about the battle, i'll be standard Pink
If i feel silly, or just a normal Kirby mood, i'll be my usual Green
If im sad, i choose blue (big surprise there), which is like never
Gray Kirby is a mix between seriousness and silliness, i just choose it when i've been the other colors for too long, and i want a change
And i never choose Yellow...dunno why, it just doesnt appeal to me.

>_<

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It's not emoKirby! It's Mime Kirby! (Kirby + Mime = White Kirby.)

Also, T-nuts, I don't mind trying it out. I need something to get me back into the mood to play bass anyway.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Am i the only Kirby that changes color depending on my mood of the day?
Not really, I know some people that use Kirby for mood, but I use the color for strategy play:

When you play as Kirby, the colors matter for example:

Yellow Kirby = Courage (First start out soft, then get's stronger later on the match)

Blue Kirby = Protection (Have defensive tactics to make sure you have the higher lives than anyone your Brawling)

Red Kirby = Kaio-ken (Go nuts, attack with all you got and don't care for any recoil afterwords)

Green Kirby = Bomber (Air strike is the key to win, use it to gimp anyone and anybody)

Gray Kirby = Loner (You try to avoid getting hit at all cause, just bait trap and punish)

Pink Kirby = Star Master (All the above abilities rest on the Pink Kirby, the all mighty color is use to defeat all)
Reposted just incase someone didn't see. =P

It's not emoKirby! It's Mime Kirby! (Kirby + Mime = White Kirby.)
Me and Jack Frost was talking about the alterd Shadow Kirby color, and that's were I said emo Kirby, lol. Since Mirror Kirby is nearly the same color as GB Kirby except his feet is red instead of gray.

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
Yellow IMO is the worst one...i actually try to avoid it if i can. I pretty muc am a big aerial fighter, so my usualy Green fits it well =D, but sometimes i go nutz like Kaio Ken Red when i fight scrubs, cuz i know i wont be punished for mistakes, and my offensive assault will do well.

All in all, im a mix between Gray and Green, i aerial attack, but usually wait for mistakes and punish.
This is a good guide to classify Kirby mains, it seems to work lol

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Haha, I'm one of the few people that ever use Yellow. I think me and Bunny are the only yellows that I know of.

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
I cant decide if i should use Gray or Green as my signature color. I want to have one color i always use, but i like those 2 equally...ARGH decisions...

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Use both. :mad:
It's not that hard of a decision, green is terrible. That's already been deemed "Booger Kirby".

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Haha, I'm one of the few people that ever use Yellow. I think me and Bunny are the only yellows that I know of.
I thought...I thought you knew...I thought you knew I used him too...*cries*

Use both. :mad:
It's not that hard of a decision, green is terrible. That's already been deemed "Booger Kirby".
I have a message from Asidoh.

*Asidoh punches straked in the face* It's Hulk Kirby, fool!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yellow Kirby is the best Kirby color. Green is by far the worst. GTFO with that crap. :mad:

Lovely

Smash Lord
Yellow Kirby is the best Kirby color. Green is by far the worst. GTFO with that crap. :mad:
♣ Yellow Kirby is the color of Beam Kirby, Kirby's most common power, Needle Kirby is neat though. Green Kirby has the power of Plasma Kirby, one of the top tier broken Kirby power. Green is the best. ;p ♥

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since Ice Kirby is awesome, I won't change my sig until I either get sick of the color or lose a tourney match with that color. So far no dice, even though I use all the colors for strategy play.

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
Green is nawt boogerz...;_; And gray seems a bit...overused. I always see vids of Kirbys usin the gray color, i dont wanna be the same as everyone LoL...now Red is lookin a bit appealing to me...>_<

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, all the cool Kirbies play sunburnt Kirby. He's by far the manliest (he sets himself on fire in KSS!).

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
I got it. When im on the character select screen, im just gonna keep pressing X/Y really fast cycling thru all of them until time runs out on that screen, so that its sorta random. Wow im weird @_@

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
When im on the character select screen, im just gonna keep pressing X/Y really fast cycling thru all of them until time runs out on that screen...
That's going to be tiring since the character select screen doesn't have a timer that runs out.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That's going to be tiring since the character select screen doesn't have a timer that runs out.
LMAO, I can see this happening to, tap X/Y for 45 seconds, then when you match, your arm and fingers go numb, this happen to me in a tourney before, (four years ago when I picked Kirby in Melee and my opponent was watching me to see if I stop for 4 mins). XD

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Kirby looks like an awesome, ruthless, brutal killing machine in all colors.

I just cycle through them.
Hell yea G, hell yea.

Also I'm going to perform my character performance checklist soon. I'll see if all my top five mains are in tip top shape and if any of them fails, then I main another character that I play just for kicks and if I do better with them, then I'll main that character, but knowing things Kirby will pass with flying colors. =3

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ How about green lime cake? Does picking Green Kirby taste that good? :D ♥

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Green Lime Kirby is also green gummy bear Kirby, which tastes bad.

Yellow is clearly the best.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Null and void?
Calvin and Hobbes references. :mad:

If Green Kirby is emerald, then blue Kirby is periwinkle.
So does this mean if I do teams with a friend, I have to demand the tournament organizer replace the team colors with "Emerald, Crimson, and Periwinkle"?

Lovely

Smash Lord
It isn't green. Its emerald. So all this talk of "green" Kirby being the worst is null and void. :laugh:
♣ Emerald Kirby has different shoes, and Plasma Kirby is the same as the one on Kirby Super Star Ultra so I love green Kirby. Yellow cake doesn't taste too good unless it's Lemon Kirby. ;p ♥

Top Bottom