• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I doubt I'll be around tomorrow since I'll be busy.

Busy playing Return to Dreamland!

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Post impressions, please. I bet it's awesome, it can't be otherwise.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Will do, just got the game right now. =D

☯ Now that I played over 8 hours of the game, I'll say Retruns to Dreamland goes par with Epic Yarn when it come's to epicness. Needless to say I enjoyed the gameplay a lot... to the point I had to forced myself to take a break. =P

☯ I like how near all the copy abilities in this game have Kirby Super Star feel to them, meaning variety of moves to perform. The Super Abilities is very fun to use, (too bad you can't keep them for long). )=

☯ The only con I have with this game is how hard it is to lose a life. I only lost one life when it came to HP and that was against the 5th boss, other than that, the only time I lost a life is when I mistakenly kill myself, lol. Don't get me wrong, I did get hit a great amount of times, but there's a lot of food items to recover from.

☯ I can't compare this game yet to the other Kirby main series until I completed the game, but I do find this game longer than any other Kirby game, (except Canvas Curse and Mass Attack), as it takes 8-10 minutes to complete each stage, IMO.

☯ I recommend this game if you love the Kirby traditional gameplay, as it's been since Squeak Squad we had a new Kirby game, or like Co-op as it makes the game a lot funner. But don't recommend it if you don't like game that won't put you in danger a lot, or if you don't like the Kirby traditional games, (lol).

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ lol,
I knew there was going to be an extra mode in this game
. Thank god for ideas from Kirby Adventure, still didn't complete this game. =D

Wouldn't it be cool if Kirby could inhale Mario's fireball and become Fire Kirby?

Or inhale TL's bombs and become Bomb Kirby?

Kirby would be mad broken, but wouldn't it be cool??? =P

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Or inhale mk and get tornado ability and be invincible and lagless? Yeah, it would be amazing. :(

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Wouldn't it be cool if Kirby could inhale Mario's fireball and become Fire Kirby?

Or inhale TL's bombs and become Bomb Kirby?

Kirby would be mad broken, but wouldn't it be cool??? =P
I've always hoped they would implement that in Smash... >.<
Boomerang = Cutter
Waddledo = Beam
Etc...

Anything that wasn't viable as a power would equal a star shot! Really, just imagine... *-*

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
If they do, Kirby will be so broken. LOL. Especially in doubles!

EDIT: Which would be maaad cool!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
ohyou.jpg

Mink will be hard to beat as he's greedy for 50 dollas.
Since he's Ganon, I think it won't be so hard...

Ah! The MU isn't so bad. This will be good, I guess.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
ohyou.jpg

Mink will be hard to beat as he's greedy for 50 dollas.
Since he's Ganon, I think it won't be so hard...
Ganon, huh? I recommend using the Gonzo combo out of fthrow at 0 percent, as he's heavy enough for it (granted the player doesn't SDI out of it at the right time, anyway). Very effective for a head start against someone as strong as Ganny.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well hello there, tatersalad! How's it going? God to know you're not one of those guys who decide on leaving with perma-ban-worthy posts.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I love Kirby, idk why I don't post on these boards a lot.

Btw, return to dreamland. Godyes.org
Though the mix and match abilities will always be missed from the 64

:phone:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm Probably going to Stream Kirby Return to Dreamland today (I'm 3 worlds in though sooooooo)

after I beat the regular version I will go and play the Extra version awww ye!

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Well hello there, tatersalad! How's it going? God to know you're not one of those guys who decide on leaving with perma-ban-worthy posts.
Nice to see a familiar face! Or colored text with a picture under it. Same difference!

I've been getting by as usual. Occasional repression of emotions (to a degree that people get suspicious but ITS COOL NOW :awesome: (I don't even have to import that anymore!)), and excess spare time and all. Been working on getting Eagle Scout and passing 11th grade. I'm considering dusting off the Wii and trying some button-lag ridden online games just because I can. How's the Navy?

Wellcome back, Tater Tot! :b:
Who are you again? Probably a name change confusion, but you can't always trust the "bronies" these days. They're sneaky ones...

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
I used to be TokyoGamer7.

I'm no sneaky brony. Just....brony.
Ah, well, in that case, nice to meet you!

Also, as one of the things I forgot to mention, I've been playing Starcraft 2 a lot. I think what draws my attention is that when you lose a game, there's a reason. You never have a "He's just better than you" situation, it's either, "you didn't scout his tech", or "you were playing too greedy and weren't ready for the push timing".

Smash Bros. will always have a special place in my crusty, dried heart though :awesome:

How is the new Kirby game? It seems interesting, I might give it a try. I always loved the older -style Kirbys, though a touch of difficulty wouldn't hurt.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm Probably going to Stream Kirby Return to Dreamland today (I'm 3 worlds in though sooooooo)

after I beat the regular version I will go and play the Extra version awww ye!
☯ I'm guessing Extra is no longer consider a spoiler at this point. XD

☯ I am very glad they did put Extra in the game, also
True Arena with a Galacta Knight battle

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Extra mode will never be a spoiler in Any traditional kirby game (not that I can think of right off the top of the head)

I didn't really generate any hype for streaming so I'm prolly not going to but oh well

falln

Smash Ace
i should probably visit the kirby forums for stuff. i spent the last two years figuring out most stuff on my own only to find that its been common knowledge aha.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
i should probably visit the kirby forums for stuff. i spent the last two years figuring out most stuff on my own only to find that its been common knowledge aha.
Trust me, I know the feeling. There's probably other new things to find among the collective minds of many Kirbies.

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

And don't listen to the Meta Knight boards, the cookies are a lie.

Blissard

Smash Lord
So I started playing the game today and just beat the first boss.
Does it get any better/harder from here? Right now I feel like I'm playing it more because it's a Kirby game rather than for fun :(

I mean, a year later I realize that I actually kinda liked Epic Yarn lol. And Kirby: Crystal Shards was just mind-blowingly amazing. But this game...idk. There's nothing that's really compelling me to play so far besides nostalgia.

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
Hmm idk why I dont post in these boards alot ive loved kirby since birth lol so yeah hiiiiii

Also the new kirby game good,bad, or just super easy like idk new super mario bros for example does it do kirby justice on the wii??

:phone:

Top Bottom