• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That's what you missed.
oh snap! Well, if you haven't already seen me talking about it in the disco room, you need to watch Nichijou ASAP!

it's like a slice of life comedy, but it's the funniest thing I've ever watched.

also death note yeah

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
[yt]RAGDHpNiyZU[/yt]

Ugh, why is Kirby music so nostalgic to me. D:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
He literally ate that kid then spit him out.

Also, I'm in the process of watching Ghost in the Shell. I'm like 14 episodes in and still can't remember any character's name (there's main girl, who has purple hair and is called Major... then there's Cyborg Eyes... then there's Mullet Guy... then there's Crazy Hair Professor...) and the story confuses me :bee:
Pretty good though.

Better than EVANGELION UGH

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ha ha ha, I love that Kirby commercial.
And yeah, old Dreamland music is awesome.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You should really learn how to write complete sentences. How old are you, sw96?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
"No recent thread happenings to make thread name..."

Since Return to Dreamland is coming out Oct. 24th, I implore that we do a count-down of the days in the thread title until it's release! -^_^-

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
And so, what you have willed has been accomplished.

I wonder how long will the game be? Who's the last boss? Will he scream louder than Marx Soul? What new character will we encounter? What new powers? Any minigames or hidden stages?

blablablablabla

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
HOW RUDE!

You should be ashamed of yourself!
What did your mother tell you, young man!? :glare:
I didn't mean it in an insulting manner, whenever I see him writing posts they're in that same style, and he doesn't really seem to understand how proper posting works... :(

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
so I have 23 days to 100 percent Mass Attack huh?

I'm on it.

Y.b.M. ONLY OUTPLACED ME BY 1 spot this time!!!
I think he used more ZSS than Kirby though. I used Kirby 60% of the time..other spot was between Falco and Pit

Player-3

Smash Hero
guys i am thinking about picking up kirby because he is very fun

also, more importantly than learning how to play him, what is the IC, pika, and sheik matchup like for him?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
IC is -3/-2, depends on who you ask. Pika is even. And Sheik is +2/+3, depending on who you ask. Pretty symmetric!

reason why ICs are so bad, they can shieldgrab Kirby's almost everything. Reason they're not SO bad is because we can aircamp 'em, time them out, gimp them in very sexy manners, and play a very mean and dangerous ledge game against them (inhale is a reason to never approach a Kirby on the ledge as ICs, it's a guaranteed death for either of the ICs).

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'm no Kirby user, but this thread seems pretty damn entertaining.

New Kirby game? Hype.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well this thread has been inactive for a while due to all the active tourney-going Kirbies debating on the V2.0 MU chart. And the tourney-going non-Kirbies who frequent here too.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I'm a occasional-tourney-going-non-Kirby.

Am I applicable for this thread?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, most of us are also known as top character mains for our characters, who place well at tourneys all the time. It was an invite-only thing to people with reputation. :\

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Haha Kewkky stop trolling the people that might actually bring activity :bee:
I'm just trying to be honest... :c

Unless he meant applicable for THIS thread, then I hope he didn't misunderstand what I said! Everyone's welcome! D:

Kewkky, how did your sig suddenly become so cool?
[marquee]Mods have cool toys that they can play with and stuff.[/marquee]
Yep, comes with being a mod. :\

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I thought it was because we were all watching Return to Dreamland videos non-stop for the last couple of weeks.
That's true for most of us, but the rest is doing the other thing I said. :F

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Well guys... I think I'm gonna start hanging out here a little bit cause MK (who I've been maining for awhile) is now banned. I'm officially back as a Kirby main, so I figure I'll hang out with my Kirby brethren now XD

I've been trying to bring back my Kirby the past few weeks before the ban anyway, so the ban is just more motivation to stick with my Kirby all the way now! :D

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
This is a joyous day...now if only Ice Climbers could get the boot too.............:awesome:

In all seriousness, I'm glad. I just recently returned to Brawl, but from the sounds of it the Midwest didn't have a big metaknight problem as it was, but its nice to see less of them if I can help it.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
This is just theory fighter, but my initial feeling is making me predict the meta knight ban is going to make kirby even worse than he already is. Many of his worst MUs were placed in check by MK such as ice climbers, marth, g&w, DDD to a certain extent and with him gone they are going to be all over the place now.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Marth's not so bad... but you're right, there will likely be more Ice Climbers, Olimars, and others.

I actually really like playing the Kirby vs Meta Knight match-up. :(

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Yeah... I don't like the MK ban honestly (being an ex-MK main) and I did enjoy Kirby vs MK. But at the same time the MK ban motivates me to dedicate myself more to Kirby, so in my case it's not entirely bad.

Kirby vs Marth is 50-50 IMO (maybe even 55-45 Kirby), I don't care what anyone says. Kirby vs Olimar and ICs though... ****... XD

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I approve. If Marth becomes more common, that only means I'll get to use Kirby more, which is good.

By the way, hi guys. You'll see me around here more often because Kirby recently surpassed Peach as my absolute secondary. And because I'm currently playing Mass Attack and can't wait for Return to Dream Land.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
i thought marth's f-air and n-air was good vs kirby's b-air so it was 6:4... still i think with the other characters i think overall kirby is going to be dealing with more of his bad mus often

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Kirby has multiple jumps and a good grab. If you space right, Kirby gets into Marth's defenses and Kirby can camp Marth better than Marth can camp him (IMO). I dunno how to explain it, I don't really know match-ups, but I never have trouble vs Marth (unless it's NEO but... That's NEO XD). It could just be my playstyle that's good against Marth, but I like Kirby vs Marth more than MK vs Marth anyway. Plus Chu consistently beat NEO in MD/VA when they played and Chu beat mikeHAZE when he went to SoCal that one time. From my experience, the MU is definitely 50-50 AT WORST for Kirby.

Welcome back Kawaii.

I think all of us here are glad that the bat is gone. Us TL mains are also excited.

Top Bottom