• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
He said something R-rated?
LOL. If he really wants to make insults at me, I'm fine with it.

"This booooy here has a big feminine side." -- Anonymous

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So, I've been playing the .hack// games. These games are sooo good. I am hooked! :D

Frakin' .hack//, why must you have great music? I swear, what drags me into addiction is great music, I'm quite sure that's what got me hooked to KH and Touhou too. FFFF

EDIT: I just went into this dungeon alone, cuz my party members wouldn't answer my calls. I walk in, all ready full of items and crap, ready to check out what happens when I get to the bottom (the Seth mission). So I walk up a bit, find an enemy and I'm all like "Oh, wow, it's a giant red demon skeleton with blades for arms... Hmm... No biggie, I got items and stuff!". So I jump in and attack its weakness, and it swings both its arms down only once and I got a game over. Pretty gay. :| *goes to sleep*

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Touhou beats everything you play in referance to anime games.
But... Touhou isn't an anime game. Touhou's just a (series of) game(s). There's no Touhou anime. As for .hack//, the anime ends with unanswered questions and the games are a direct sequel to the anime, which make them way more interesting. So far i got about 40 hours and I just started disk 3 out of 4.. :bee:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, it's got a couple of fanmade things here and there, but it's still not an anime-based game. The fanmade stuff are game-based anime. I WIN

I should get into anime.

Hopefully Asdioh name-searches this so he can recommend me something good.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Don't try animes with japanese names! For some weird reason, none of them are in anyone's lists of best animes ever produced. :awesome:

Try Cowboy Bebop mang, and/or Death Note for starters.

Megafan

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm really new here in a way. Although I joined last year, I'm newer than hell in the competitive game.
So, I'm Megafan, or Doctor_Nine, and I main kirby in brawl because he's a really decent character. Thanks for making these boards so I can improve my overall game. Hopefully I'll be able to use this dead account, eh? XD

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
No problem! The boards are not even close to finished on helping newcomer Kirby mainers get a great start into the world of competition, but we're always improving on it! Like right now for example, even though not much activity can be see, I assure you we're working on things to make the boards a more helpful place.

Welcome! Any questions, feel free to ask either here on in the Q&A thread.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
"YarsRevengerson"
That's a hilarious name. XD
I got it from the back of a gaming magazine.

Anyway, I only play Kirby in casual matches and for a couple matchups at the moment. I'll report back when I'm actually GOOD with him.

P.S. This character is pretty good why don't more people play Kirby

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Because more people would rather play MK. Or they just suck with him, I dunno. He IS pretty good. :c

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
i feel like there hasn't been much discussion on gimping/edge guarding with kirby and pressuring opponents on the ledge. someone should possibly make a thread on it.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Okay so I went to a smashfest a few weeks ago, if that, and I got to play Polt in the Kirby/Yoshi MU.

Bait>Bair. That's all it is. Patience - because there's going to be a lot happening as far as eggs, Yoshi's janky movement, and probably the stage; and you need to wait for openings to maintain leads. I went even, and if I lost he was at 60+% last stock.

I'm going to another smashfest next Friday so hopefully I do better this time since I wont be coming off a 3mnth hiatus.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0

Oh my god you're right. Wow, I just thought that was MY special super secret strategy. I had no idea that some genius had already made an export thread and discussed this MU. Well at any rate, I thought I'd put a feeble post of what I did when I played in hopes that some Kirby sage of knowledge and wisdom might see it and confirm that's what he wrote in his MU summary. If only.....

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
FEAR NOT SAGE JOWII!!!!!

It is I! The one who lead the Yoshi MU export! I'm here to confirm you're absolutely right and that's how you handle that MU. I'm surprised you had the guts to post this good sir since back when I made the MU thread no one really seemed to have any MU experience against Yoshis 'cept for myself of course. I'll just store that in the back of my head that the strategy hasn't changed in a year.

Once again, thank you Sage Jowii for your comment.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I feel like I should merge those posts, but they were pretty entertaining, and merging kinda ruins it... Plus this is the socializing thread, so ehhh, whatever.

Kirby edgeguarding, eh? i guess we could talk about that. We could go in-depth too with pictures, I'll try doing something over the weekend.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
In depth with pictures, do you say? I see where this is going....

Kirby kickin' eggs.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
i just feel edge guarding has never really been discussed. maybe eventually we can get something like what to do against every character and all of kirby's tricks that he has to edge guard. its just an idea to get these boards a little more active.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why haven't I posted here in forever?

What have I missed?

edit: in the last TWO MONTHS wow ಠ_ಠ

Top Bottom