• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

BBQTV

Smash Master
who thinks snake kirby should be in the next kirby or smash as an alt costume/power

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hey guys, did I miss anything important? >_> I'm going to keep this thread/kirby forum open in a tab from now on because I keep neglecting to come here XD

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
quote the important parts please :D

I did read something about you beating 80% of Kirbys you play or something? Sounds like me. >_>

freaking easy matchup, 100-0 Kirby's favor

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
quote the important parts please :D

I did read something about you beating 80% of Kirbys you play or something? Sounds like me. >_>

freaking easy matchup, 100-0 Kirby's favor
Haha, yes, I'm quite the player where I live at :lick:...But I get probably half of those due to Wi-Fi matches. Of course, I've retired from wi-fi for the time being until I get it fixed :laugh:. Also, if you've sticked with a character since the day the original SSB game out, then you should be a pretty good player overall. Also, I have no life, so that helps.

You really didn't miss much, we were just talking about the abilities used in the Kirby games is all, since that's all we can really talk about.

Pokemon boards can go on forever with the info they have -_-...

T-nuts

Smash Ace
Okay, so now I have no idea if you're being sarcastic... You lost me.
ive never played him, i have no idea if hes good or not. my point is there are a lot of unknown kirbies out there who are really, really good. i mean, ron is the best kirby ive seen, but no one knows who the best kirby really is...for all we know, nkn could be the best.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
mogX is the best Kirby but he decided to main Ike for lulz, to study Snake in a different way and to see how far he can go with Ike. What other Kirby main out there has beaten Bardull, Leepuff, Tyrant, Havok, Rich Brown, Mike Haze and TKD with Kirby?
Yeah exactly.

BTW the whole best Kirby thing has to stop since it always leads to the same cycle that has been seen lately. *Waits for Midwest to come in.*

On a completely unrelated topic I'm going to change my location every week just to see who gets the reference. "Inside my AT field" which is a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion was the first one. This week's location is "En La Ciudad De La Furia." I'm doing this to amuse myself.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What other Kirby main out there has beaten Bardull, Leepuff, Tyrant, Havok, Rich Brown, Mike Haze and TKD with Kirby?
Yeah exactly.
what other Kirby main has played those people? XD

I've beaten um...

*wanders off*

T-nuts

Smash Ace
mogX is the best Kirby but he decided to main Ike for lulz, to study Snake in a different way and to see how far he can go with Ike. What other Kirby main out there has beaten Bardull, Leepuff, Tyrant, Havok, Rich Brown, Mike Haze and TKD with Kirby?
Yeah exactly.

BTW the whole best Kirby thing has to stop since it always leads to the same cycle that has been seen lately. *Waits for Midwest to come in.*

agreed it has to stop but i think saying mogx is best may just fuel the fire, haha

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah exactly.

On a completely unrelated topic I'm going to change my location every week just to see who gets the reference. "Inside my AT field" which is a reference to Neon Genesis Evangelion was the first one. This week's location is "En La Ciudad De La Furia." I'm doing this to amuse myself.
Just gonna throw this out:

Not every Kirby lives in that region, but there ARE Kirby players who have beaten other top players in their area. (Not talking about myself by a long-shot.)

That being said, I have heard a lot about MogX.

Suspect

Smash Hero
If you guys wanna talk stupid..when i used to play brawl i have played almost every snake and marth main in texas...and have beaten them atleast once with a exception of like 2. never got ***** when i lost...am i best kirby now? wtf no

Mikehaze told me in person he thought mogX was the best kirby after barely being able to beat mine and losing once...friendlies tho.

He also said he thinks its a even matchup or in kirbys favor...he just doesnt know the ****ing matchup.

Why do you guys care so much about who the best kirby is anyways? you should spend more time worried about improving yourself...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
He also said he thinks its a even matchup or in kirbys favor...he just doesnt know the ****ing matchup.
XD

<3 you

I do need to improve myself though...and as of now, there is at least one other Brawl player living in the same town as me, though he's not exactly the best player in the world, but yeah now I can't have "I have nobody to play" johns :/

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Why do you guys care so much about who the best kirby is anyways? you should spend more time worried about improving yourself...
THIS.

Goddamit shut the hell up about this "best Kirby" thing already. This has been going on since I came to these forums. There was a freakin' LIST of who was the best with no real ranking system. It's seriously annoying now. No one cares.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Haha dang. Bunny getting mad. I miss so much not paying attention. >.> Although now I'm beginning to be glad I did.

I hate fighting MK with Kirby btw. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It's not anyone fault that it's very common to ask "who's the best" in nearly every form and game that's popular. >.>

T-nuts

Smash Ace
lol. i love all the posts praising suspect after bunny agrees with him.

It's not anyone fault that it's very common to ask "who's the best" in nearly every form and game that's popular. >.>
agreed. i dont think its wrong to care about the topic. this IS a competitive video game. It's like how a basketball fan cares about which team is best.

but, the annoying fans are the ones who constantly proclaim their team the best. and even more annoying than that are the players like stephon marbury ("starbury" is his nickname, if you're not familiar with him) who constantly talk about themselves as the best.

And I feel the same way about this game.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
THIS.

Goddamit shut the hell up about this "best Kirby" thing already. This has been going on since I came to these forums. There was a freakin' LIST of who was the best with no real ranking system. It's seriously annoying now. No one cares.

Smashboards is too big for there to be a list of the best Kirby players, period. Also, some players say that they are the best since they win tourneys, but another player might be they're the best because he/she always win in wi-fi matches.

Now, if you say you're in best in your school or at your neighborhood, that's perfectly fine. But best Kirby in the state? Very unlikely :mad:.

Of course, Brawl is a very compitetive game, whether anyone disagrees with me or not, if you play Brawl on a regular basis, this kind of behavior is bound to occur -_-.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Now, if you say you're in best in your school or at your neighborhood, that's perfectly fine. But best Kirby in the state? Very unlikely :mad:.[/B]
Unless you live in Indiana, smash population: 5

This quote probably has messed up coding since you have so much crap in your posting style >=(

Also, let's play wifi sometime if you play it :D

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Every guess about who the best Kirby main is flawed. What if X person wins all his tourneys, but Y person never does? Who's the best Kirby main?... But before you answer that question, ask yourselves:

What's the skill level in each area? Are you sure that since you win tourneys, you are the best? What if Y person and his opponent Marth both learned the MU to perfection and now Y person loses a lot, while X person only knows a bit more than another Marth opponent and because of this X player wins? What about personal bia; what if your community thinks YOU'RE the best because you beat them, or because you look like you play better than everyone else because of their lack of videos, or lack of tourney wins (like between X and Y players)?

There are too many things that make it incredibly hard to randomly say who is the best Kirby... To me, the best way is to get a friend (or two) of yours, and have them play with the other Kirby, and have THEM judge you... And not even then, since they'll have to play against EVERY notable Kirby mainer...

Me, I've been placing 5th in ALL my tourneys for a while, literally (no lower), and my friends and opponents say I'm a crazy good Kirby main, and most of them have agreed that I'm better than a bunch of other Kirby mains... Is this true? No, of course it isn't, and not because of the contrast between our skill levels, but because they haven't gauged every other Kirby's skill level as they have measured mine.

So yeah. My mind is just talking here.

BBQTV

Smash Master
to my friends im the best kirby main they have ever seen

which is funny because im the only kirby they ever played :chuckle:

Suspect

Smash Hero
lol. i love all the posts praising suspect after bunny agrees with him.

agreed. i dont think its wrong to care about the topic. this IS a competitive video game. It's like how a basketball fan cares about which team is best.

but, the annoying fans are the ones who constantly proclaim their team the best. and even more annoying than that are the players like stephon marbury ("starbury" is his nickname, if you're not familiar with him) who constantly talk about themselves as the best.

And I feel the same way about this game.
She only quoted one thing i said, i dont care if anyone agreed with me or not. I had to say what i had to say

um please dont compare brawl to basketball, so silly. A real basketball fan only cares about his favorite team ;)

suspect for president

BBQTV

Smash Master
suspect i forgot who you were zam i think its because you changed your avatar zam that being said i may be completely wrong zam

T-nuts

Smash Ace
She only quoted one thing i said, i dont care if anyone agreed with me or not. I had to say what i had to say

um please dont compare brawl to basketball, so silly. A real basketball fan only cares about his favorite team ;)

suspect for president
ill compare 2 competitive events all i want. why cant I?

a real basketball fan only cares about his favorite team? are you serious? so youre saying if my favorite team isnt in the NBA playoffs i just shouldnt care or watch? yeah, that would make me a true NBA fan.

also, you do realize i wasnt saying ANYTHING negative about your post right? i just think its funny that as soon as bunny agreed with you everyone did. if you dont understand why i think thats funny...thats ok. but please realize it had absolutely nothing to do with the content of your post, whatsoever. in fact, i thought your post was pretty good. =/

Suspect

Smash Hero
One is a competitive sport involving a team of a bunch of people. One is a "competitive..more like a business to some" game involving 1 person choosing from a ranking of characters.

And i mean a true fan will care more about his team than which team is the best, of course if his team doesnt make the playoffs he may continue to watch the playoffs, but thats not what i was getting at. I know when houston doesnt make the playoffs it gets super boring for me :(

i know you were not saying anything negative and i wasnt trying to come off that way

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Suspect, stop trying to find hidden meanings in what he tried to say. What he meant was that in every COMPETITIVE scene, there will be people fighting over who's better than who, and who's the best... Even the competitors THEMSELVES talk about who's the best, and that same thing happens in Smash.

... And that even Brawl spectators have bias towards the best one they've PLAYED over the ones that they haven't seen. You can't deny that USA feels they're better than every other country out there in the Brawl competitive scene. That one exact same reason happened when Armada showed up at Genesis, and made everyone eat their words, which were along the lines of "USA is going to EAT this tourney alive!".

No hidden meanings, no nothing. Basketball fans do the same thing, but on a smaller scale: "Lakers are going to EAT this game alive!"...

No offense intended in my post, just pointing out with emphasis here and there.

Top Bottom