• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Majority

Smash Journeyman
Yea, I've read most of it. I guess there aren't really ATs to practice like in Melee, huh? I'll do what you suggested.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Nah, not for Kirby. Most of what I would consider his "advanced techniques" aren't really ATs at all, and more just like small quirks you gotta remember mid-match... Like being able to 2nd jump out of a bthrow before the animation ends, getting guaranteed footstools out of inhales and offstage dairs, combos and pseudo-combos-that-almost-always-work... Just basic stuff that makes a difference in a match, things that no one except people who've studied Kirby should know at first glance.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I think the popular term for those small quirks are now "gimmicks". It's becoming so much of a fad I hear people saying things like certain characters' U-smashes are "gimmicks". XD

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Woo, gotta love being a scrub that doesn't realize he needs a secondary yet.

Though I guess I have some characters I'm not too bad with.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You don't technically need a secondary for Kirby - so no scrubs here!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I also think Kirby could use a secondary for Olimar, that little guy is so MANLY AND POWERFUL.

That's true, sirrrrrr.

Wow Joey, why the hostility? I'm probably one of the nicest "Kramer"-type characters you'll get here. :3

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820

That's true, but not as amazing as Kirby or Kewkky. Man that kewkky is the best, please take all my money and look in my general direction AHMAHGADHESQUOTINGME@:OSQWSN:bee::bee::bee:
:woman:
I know, I know... But at least Olimar's not as common, same with IC's, so we can get away with not needing a secondary most of the time. ;)

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm too thrifty (cheap) to just throw money at you without shopping around for a cheaper Kewkky, sirrrrrrrrrr. XP

Olimars actually do randomly show up in large numbers at tournaments.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Kirby does need a secondary, obviously scrubs don't realize this is 2011.

Shaun- I <3 ya, and I guess you're fine to come around these parts;
Stay away from that Kewkky guy, he's really shady. He's your friend one second and the next he's sleeping with your brother while you're at work

@Majority- I'd suggest going to BF and getting the general physics of the character down; similar to what Kewkky said. Once you feel you have the physics down, practice speeding up your Kirby by becoming familiar with the platforms + hupcanceling + platform drops + tilts. It's a good area to work in.

Tl;dr- It ain't the past kids, be real about this ish, Kirby ain't making it top-level w/o a secondary.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
LAWL, I like how ZWarm didn't bother searching for threads of ChuDat being amazing this year. GOOD ****. WAAAAY TO SEARCH. Love that name drop. You're lyk the smartest smart smarty pants person aren't you? CHUDATAZZZ IS DA BESS OMFG1!!!1111one!!! CUZ HE LYK NVER NEEDS A SECOndARY TO PLACE FIRST.

He might not have the secondary, but he's suffering for it now that it's 2011 and people are beating him out of that first place spot in his region AND I'll put money he wouldn't place money nationally because of his lack of a secondary.

He's great, he's an awesome Kirby, don't get me wrong. Juss sayin'.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
LOL LEIK OmG I ToTALlY TyEP LEIK THIS. He's still placing top 2-3 in his region going all Kirby. And sorry I don't namesearch the guy to keep up to date on a character I don't play's results. I just know he has done very well in the past going all Kirby.

And yeah bro, I'm totally the smartiest smarty pants in the world. You jealous?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Trolling aside, he's used Marth a fair number of times in the past too.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Was that what this was about? ****, why'd you bother posting a counterpoint without some kind of backing behind it? That was just being a big ol' duck in a small *** pond.

Trolling aside, the 'o hai chudat' post was a bit annoying because of how carelessly people throw his name around. He's brilliant but his character, this boards character, my favorite character, is getting more and more limited as the metagame evolves and people need to realize this. It's like being low or bottom of mid tier (in our case all the way at the top of mid tier), you need a secondary sometimes. ICs, Snake, Olimar, MK are a handful of MUs that are easier with a secondary (not saying they're impossible for Kirby but obviously a 2ndary gives you a large chance of success). Wario, D3, Marth, Falco are all MUs that Kirby handles but a secondary could handle better; it's preference based. Rob, TL, ZSS, and projectile users that space well can also be a problem where a secondary would be more useful. And at top level the trend shows Kirby cannot compete on even footing alone.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I could easily try to argue with you about it, but I don't care enough. It would just end up being you throwing out stupid insults along with your somewhat of an argument, me countering your points, then that over and over again until it gets to the point of flaming, where neither of us win the argument anyway, like usual.

I don't just throw Chu's name out whenever I can, but he's the best solo Kirby main. I could also say Triple R and Kappy both do well in their respective regions going all Kirby as well, but that's not a "top level of play" by your standards, I'm sure.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
until it gets to the point of flaming
A bit late for that precaution, I'm afraid.

Zwarm said:
I don't just throw Chu's name out whenever I can, but he's the best solo Kirby main. I could also say Triple R and Kappy both do well in their respective regions going all Kirby as well, but that's not a "top level of play" by your standards, I'm sure.
I think most current opinions are that Chu and YbM are about even in terms of Kirbiness.

In support of JoWii, I don't think I've seen more than 1 person in the top 20 at any national tourney in recent memory who went Kirby as their main. There might've been some instances with Chu and someone else who seconded him, but that's it.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Zwarm feels as though we'd go back and forth both bring up valid points, countering each others arguments AND THEN it'd degenerate. Classic~. We COULD have done that if the first thing you said had an substance to it but no, we never got into the back and forth valid points part. <----blantant insult/flame/troll if that's what you call disagreement.

Thanks A1 for having actually looked at results~.

Also, I'm one of the biggest vouchers that RRR is the best Kirby in the MW:W and 2nd in the MW. He's a great Kirby main but doesn't have a secondary. YbM who is the 1st best Kirby in the MW has a ZSS secondary.

Chudat is the best solo Kirby who's results have been lackluster to his previous results. YbM is around tied for best Kirby and he has a secondary. He place like 13th or the next lower placing at his last tournament, a regional might I add that had M2k, Aly, @mosk, etc.) and then forfeited to go to the club, but his results are just steady, and you could even say getting better. This isn't an argument for who's the better kirby, I'm juss sayin' YbM has a secondary.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm saying it would have happened had I cared enough to bring up valid points in the first place, which you said, but I really don't feel like arguing with you about it. And that wasn't blatant flaming.

LAWL, I like how ZWarm didn't bother searching for threads of ChuDat being amazing this year. GOOD ****. WAAAAY TO SEARCH. Love that name drop. You're lyk the smartest smart smarty pants person aren't you? CHUDATAZZZ IS DA BESS OMFG1!!!1111one!!! CUZ HE LYK NVER NEEDS A SECOndARY TO PLACE FIRST.
Is blatant flaming, just sayin. And I agree with you that Triple R is the best in MW:W, and second best in the MW, but imo, Kappy is third behind YbM and Triple R in the MW, and he solo mains Kirby.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I also think Triple R has some very attractive tourney results. I can't say if he's one of the best because I don't know who he plays against, but his results definitely say maaany good things about him.

I consider myself a good Kirby main, but I'm still not at my peak. I know I can get better, and I will get better too. I know a couple of Kirby mainers think like me (except A1, all he's got is rock buddies OH SNAP), but I think I'm the only guy who thinks Chu's play style is kinda, uhh... Sloppy. He can do better and he can get better, he's definitely being held back by his personal problems (which I know whoever read the Chu Chronicles and his 'Quitting thread' almost a year ago knows what I'm talking about). I can't say much about YbM since I haven't heard anything from him recently except that he forfeited a tourney to go to a club, and same goes for Kappy.

Anyway, a real best Kirby main would have to be measured with how many games they've won as Kirby, against who, AND his tourney placings. It used to be Chu, but now I have no idea who it is.

And as a PS, try not to flame or troll too much (if at all). I'm very lenient with the rules so you guys can get away with a nice number of things here, but breaking rules purposefully to cause problems is still not something I can turn a blind eye to. :/

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Had to bbq the one-liner. Necessary flaming was necessary.

As per the 3rd best Kirby, from what I here there's only 2 Kirbies that are placing in the money at state and regional levels. Beyond that is up in the air as to who is the 3rd best. Entitled opinion nevertheless.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
And out of nowhere, Kewkky downloaded some Touhou Project games!

I am in love with shoot-em-ups/bullet hell games, and I found out they have some badass tracks in the game while looking around for music for my recently hacked Wii. Downside is I don't have a joystick to play this game with, but it's made to be used with a keyboard so I'll see how it goes. I hope this thing is amazing.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Tl;dr- It ain't the past kids, be real about this ish, Kirby ain't making it top-level w/o a secondary.
I strongly agree with this.

Trolling aside, he's used Marth a fair number of times in the past too.
G&W too if I remember correctly. I could be wrong though.

Oh, and just for good measure, **** olimar. Just sayin'.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
y.b.m placed 9th at that tourney actually, forfeited in winners aswell. Could´ve easily gotten top 8 or top 6 even, I´d say he´s the best what with MDVA people saying chu quit again.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
He placed 2nd on sat as well, although that was a local, losing only to a fellow God Kai who he plays against fairly often.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Guys I got this. I'm going to learn how to play Kirby and I'm going to win Cataclysm 5.

No big deal.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
(except A1, all he's got is rock buddies OH SNAP)
Hey, I have steak sauce too.

Kewkky said:
I think I'm the only guy who thinks Chu's play style is kinda, uhh... Sloppy. He can do better and he can get better, he's definitely being held back by his personal problems (which I know whoever read the Chu Chronicles and his 'Quitting thread' almost a year ago knows what I'm talking about). I can't say much about YbM since I haven't heard anything from him recently except that he forfeited a tourney to go to a club, and same goes for Kappy.
I would say Chu's Kirby is sloppy. He's got great general skill for smash and good reading ability, but his (lack of) knowledge about Kirby is very debilitating.

Everyone knows I'm the best Kirby, anyway. I'm probably the best smasher overall within 20 miles of my house, and we can generalize that to the whole country.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@the hype boards- Yo, le's squash this beef, we vegans here.

Btw, I'm not the best Kirby, but I'll MM any of you (w/ the exception of if YbM or RRR) come in here @ Kirb dittos and win.

/beef

Btw, Jiovanni can't win WHOBO going straight Kirby because I'ma take first w/ Fox :troll:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
The Kirby boards are a lot more dead recently,...since we have the Kirby skype.

Btw, me and Jiovanni are teaming @ WHOBO; hype.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@the hype boards- Yo, le's squash this beef, we vegans here.

Btw, I'm not the best Kirby, but I'll MM any of you (w/ the exception of if YbM or RRR) come in here @ Kirb dittos and win.

/beef

Btw, Jiovanni can't win WHOBO going straight Kirby because I'ma take first w/ Fox :troll:
We're vegans?! Do we have psychic powers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYwdFDQfOx8

Heh, you haven't and probably won't ever beat me in a Kirby ditto, not because you can't but because I don't think we shall ever have one. I'd rather lose a MM with secondaries than win it in the ditto. Yeah, I hate that ditto THAT much. IDK how you guys do it; Kirby dittos are, like 80% of the other dittos in this game, so boring that I just don't even want to play the game anymore when they come up.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Premium
Kirby dittos are fun, I beat Kappy in them.
Sometimes.
Like all dittos though, they don't show that much skill, because I don't even play Kirby. XD

Top Bottom