• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Pretty epic stuff right there. Never seen that before. :|

But I know a guy who throws controllers around too. We had a weekend-long smashfest at his house, and funnily enough he's the guy who broke my laptop when we went to Pound4. ;)
Oh god, Hyper does that too? Why did you trust him with your laptop then? XD

I dunno BBQTV, but I also think it's completely ********. Joke's on you when you realize you gotta waste money on a new one.
Ah, but that's where you're wrong. GC controllers are surprisingly resilient. The guy I was talking about now loves his controller just because it still works after all the abuse. I must admit I have once thrown my controller at a wall too (For reasons completely unrelated to smash or games in general. In fact the only reason it got thrown was because it was nearby.) and as a result got a new one used from a nearby exchange place. The one I bought died less than a month later, but the one I threw at the wall actually seems to work better now.

Get
France!
Oh ****. Who beat them?
Gah, Zidanne, we need you back!
They can't score if you're headbutting their entire team!

My main team is Portugal, but I'm rooting for any of the Koreas simply because I feel like it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Boo Portugal! Those guys are professionals at throwing themselves on the ground crying 'foul'.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Doesn't EVERY team do that in soccer
:/
Yes, but some more than others *cough* Italy and Portugal *cough*

Also, I am so proud. I hit a triple Warlock Punch in a team match at the smashfest I held today.
Used Utilt to break a Capt. Falcon's shield. His ally jumps in as I start my WP to try and hit him before I get the WP off. My ally jumps in to stop his ally. All 3 get punched. It was awesome, and 2 seconds to long to be saved XD

Also, I just got around to watching some of the MLG Columbus videos. Other than the ones everyone talks about which were amazing (Holy **** Shaky!), Hunger vs Malcolm was awesome. Even with a broken arm, Hunger *****. His bike combos were amazing. That ****er comboed with both bikes at once! WTF?!

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
But it happens all the time in futbol

Stalling to run the timer :p
lolwut? Stalling to run the timer in soccer?

Also, I am so proud. I hit a triple Warlock Punch in a team match at the smashfest I held today.
Used Utilt to break a Capt. Falcon's shield. His ally jumps in as I start my WP to try and hit him before I get the WP off. My ally jumps in to stop his ally. All 3 get punched. It was awesome, and 2 seconds to long to be saved XD
:rolleyes: jk, good job there lol

fromundaman said:
Also, I just got around to watching some of the MLG Columbus videos. Other than the ones everyone talks about which were amazing (Holy **** Shaky!), Hunger vs Malcolm was awesome. Even with a broken arm, Hunger *****. His bike combos were amazing. That ****er comboed with both bikes at once! WTF?!
I don't think I'll ever get around to watching those :urg: .

Sir_J

Smash Apprentice
I played Hunger at The Showdown. I double footstooled him to take two stocks in a row. (Highlight of my Smash career) :chuckle:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
lolwut? Stalling to run the timer in soccer?
It happens with defensive teams. Inter Milan beat Barcelona by playing pretty gay during Champion's League semis. Inter just protected their lead from the 1st leg of semis which actually made an interesting 2nd game since Barcelona was soundly outplaying Inter which was pretty scrambled by the end of the 1st half.

I don't have much more to say than...
Legit.
Kirby on a console was long overdue.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
It happens with defensive teams. Inter Milan beat Barcelona by playing pretty gay during Champion's League semis. Inter just protected their lead from the 1st leg of semis which actually made an interesting 2nd game since Barcelona was soundly outplaying Inter which was pretty scrambled by the end of the 1st half.
Ah, I thought you meant "making a big deal about my knee or something while the timer's running," where the time just gets added on before the half ends. My bad.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm kind of glad I missed out on today's tournament due to the storm that's around. Unless they move the tournament that was today to another day... I'll go check. In the mean time...... waiting for fall. >=)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I thought this game wouldn't be straight forward, lol. Looking for the treasure and you have to collect a lot of beads, Epic Yarn has potential of being a challenging Kirby game to complete like Canvas Curse. I like that.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If you want to play a game with your girlfriend, just let her play Wii Sports and let her box.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ah, I thought you meant "making a big deal about my knee or something while the timer's running," where the time just gets added on before the half ends. My bad.
They do that too. Trying to make excessive fake fouls to run the clock. In lower level games (HS and such), when the team gets kicked off the field, some players will take as much time as possible to get the ball back, at all levels of play, some will kick the ball off the field for throw ins to waste time, substitute players as much as possible, etc.

I used to be a soccer ref :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Same. There aren't many ways to waste significant amounts of time, but plenty of ways to waste 30+ seconds. You would be surprised what people do to waste time like that.

On the plus side, being able to add time back or carding people for their foolishness is fun. The paperwork afterwards for carding isn't fun, but hey you gotta do what you gotta do.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Japan is gonna beat Netherlands! We have been attacking their goal the whole half.

EDIT: We lost >.> and we had a penalty kick in the last 30sec of the stoppage time but the ref was stupid and was "an eblow to the back isnt a foul duh!" >.> some ish

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So if we were to play soccer right now and I PULLED YOUR SHIRT then EBLOWED you. You wouldn't want the ref to call it? Well the game has already passed.

Anyways I think we will beat Denmark.

Sir_J

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of this 6 mins of Kirby's Epic Thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fkgD_OxbtU

Seems pretty nice. You can never tell how challenging the later levels in games like these will be. We shall have to see =)
That looks amazing! I actually might see if my girlfriend wants to play it with me, hahaha.

I know this will sound stupid... buuuut.. Is this for wii? hahahahahahaha, I'm pretty sure it is. Don't make fun of me if it's not :urg:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
That looks amazing! I actually might see if my girlfriend wants to play it with me, hahaha.

I know this will sound stupid... buuuut.. Is this for wii? hahahahahahaha, I'm pretty sure it is. Don't make fun of me if it's not :urg:
Lol, everyone took seriously the "for you and your girlfriend comment".

Good, cuz I was serious! :laugh:

And yep, for the Wii! I think it was comin out in fall '10, so it's just around the corner too.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Same. There aren't many ways to waste significant amounts of time, but plenty of ways to waste 30+ seconds. You would be surprised what people do to waste time like that.

On the plus side, being able to add time back or carding people for their foolishness is fun. The paperwork afterwards for carding isn't fun, but hey you gotta do what you gotta do.
This man speaks truth. Truly a wise man.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
That vid looks fun :D I'm definitely gonna get it.

They do that too. Trying to make excessive fake fouls to run the clock. In lower level games (HS and such), when the team gets kicked off the field, some players will take as much time as possible to get the ball back, at all levels of play, some will kick the ball off the field for throw ins to waste time, substitute players as much as possible, etc.

I used to be a soccer ref :p
I know they do that kind of stuff at lower levels of play (I have played soccer for 9 years), but it'd be difficult to do that kind of thing in WC play.

I wish I had the power of the shiny card. :(

Yea, it is.

Top Bottom