• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Espy what are you studying? That sounds like waay to much writing for me, i'm struggling with my 1600 word one as it is >_>

PS: April Fools from the future!!!

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Luuckyy. I'm only doing 300-600 word essays (I am in the 9th grade after all), so I'm not doing anything serious like that :(.
Are you genuinely disappointed that you don't have to write longer essays? O_o

I guess it would be okay if it was on something I actually cared about/understood. I just don't get art. =/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1,600 word papers are easy mode, C~Dog. Any undergraduate student worth their own weight will tell you that.

But yeah, it still sucks.

And no, it's not all one subject. It's multiple subjects. An essay for english, an essay for history, and a workbook for Chinese, along with some science worksheets.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
I have alot of projects to do in news...I mean, come on, it's NEWS >_<. Even though I plan to do yearbook next year :ohwell:.

Not to mention Physical Science and Global Studies, and when you add all of those up, it's about 2100 words I have to work on a week.

It makes me consider going to regular classes and just raeping it with my brains.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
300 words is like a paragraph, that's nothing.

Here in Holland we have a thing called a "profielwerkstuk" it's basically a big assignment you do that counts towards the exam. I wrote an analysis on euthanasia, which was 22,000 words in all. 42 pages long. It's my magnum opus until something else comes along.

I actually wrote it in English (well most of it) so if anyone is really that crazy to want to read it, I can send it to you :laugh: it's about 16 MB big.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd rather just stick around waiting for the PETA commercial.

They'll probably throw a nice looking model in the mix, because that's their thing.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
So far I have missed a major animation project, a journal assignment, and a test.... And 5 classes. Haha.

I had to write a 40 page paper once. Did it in 24 hours, wrote 56, and got a 97 on it. Wooooooo! I love being able to bull**** my way through stuff. Haha.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't believe in the concept of "bull****ting" a paper.

I do, however, believe in "grading with an incredibly low standard".
But so long as people have an "A" on their paper, and the professors don't have to use their brain to grade them, then everyone's happy.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
Alright so not relevant to a paper or assignments, but can anyone give me info on kirby's pivot grab? how to do's, videos, info on relevancy in practice, and strategies pertaining to using properly? if there's a link for it to another thread, could i get a link?
much thanks

So far I have missed a major animation project, a journal assignment, and a test.... And 5 classes. Haha.

I had to write a 40 page paper once. Did it in 24 hours, wrote 56, and got a 97 on it. Wooooooo! I love being able to bull**** my way through stuff. Haha.
You study animation too?

Like what, 3D animation? That **** is killing me.... I'm such a noob at it. x_x

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
3d animation can be mad gay if you dont have a fast processor X_X and its very tricky to animate in it unless you got reference

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Well, what do you know? I did Maya too :)!

...That doesn't look too hard, tbh. We had to do a project like that before. It took me awhile though.

I think our last project was that we had to develop one of those complex mousetraps that you see in cartoons....it was fun :chuckle:.

Do you have to animate the plane as well?

No. I'm just beginning my class. All I have to do is model it. The problem is that the program is all legos and stuff, and the professor forgot to block Smashboards!

****!

Edit: oh lol, forgot to censor out my name. oh well

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i think animating a plane would be tricky to do since you can usually use the camera/back ground to give the illusion it can go forward

twinkie are you looking at reference? if you imported a picture of a plane for those 3 views in maya its 30x times easier to model it

Animation is a completely different class. This is just design.

I have to make a Rube Goldberg machine for animation class though. Fun, right? :)

The first day of class, my professor started with a simple cube, and turned it into an X-Wing from Star Wars, with turrets and laser beams. Then he added a helicopter propeller, just to show off. Then he turned it into a tank. All in like, 20 minutes.

I was like

:o

Yes, quite<3.

One of my friends made this battle angel of sorts, it took him two years to make on Maya.

How do you make that hidden picture thingy? I want to do that...my spaceship is an eyesore :(.

Why don't you tell me....Daniel ;)?
Well first I got some blueprints from www.the-blueprints.com. I cut them out in Photoshop, then placed them in the program. Once I put them all there, I resized/centered them so that they'll be perfectly aligned, and then I applied Alpha Gain to the three images.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
-200 respect points for automatic
whoa whoa I only smoke w/ other smokers. I know smoking bothers some people and I have a friend with asthma so I only smoke w/ peeps that I know don't mind it.
No matter what I do, I can't escape the suffering.
Dude, you have to tell your dad to cut it man. Liek seriously.

*Goes back to current topic*

My friend is working on an animation project. It's 2-d and he says it's quite b****y so I don't want to imagine 3D.

No, I meant how do you make it so that it's a hidden picture :laugh:.
What, on the top right square?

I'm pretty sure you can turn off the visibility of the pictures in the same menu that you apply Alpha Gain with. I don't really remember, and I'm not in my school computer right now. x_x

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
frying pan is the most broken thing in Legend of the seven stars
No, no, no, no.
Lazy Shell was the most broken thing in Legend of the Seven Stars. Mallow's lightning attack was pretty broken too, but Lazy Shell beats everything by a large margin.

dont have any probs physically just mentally
Agreed, except I actually do.

Sadly, my GF started smoking again... I mean, I'm not allergic or anything, but it costs a fortune and you know, it's not healthy and I hate the smell of tobacco. I happen to have an extremely good sense of smell too...

I also want to complain because an ATM just stole 20 dollars from me. Woohoo!

Remember guys, Kewkky's Puerto Rican. Frank isn't a very spanish name...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You guys ignored someone's cry for help? To shame!

Alright so not relevant to a paper or assignments, but can anyone give me info on kirby's pivot grab? how to do's, videos, info on relevancy in practice, and strategies pertaining to using properly? if there's a link for it to another thread, could i get a link?
much thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CbjXbVipWI
Strategies and relevancy on practice really depends on the character. Kirby has lots of uses for it, but nothing guaranteed... Pretty much it's only for mindgame purposes, like running past a shielding opponent who wants to punish you if you try a standing grab/hit their shields, they won't see a pivot grab coming.

I finally went to sleep at 5:30am. What did I do to fight against my runny nose? I got some paper towels, rolled them, bent them twice, and stuck em inside each nostril. HUZZAH, no more dripping! And I woke up at like 5:30pm, right when an exam of mine was going on... But I can't go anyway, cuz I'm SICK... And I already told myself I was gonna drop that class.

And my name's Javier Antonio Cortés Gratacós... "Javier Antonio" sounds like some soap opera name, "Cortés" is spanish, and "Gratacós" is greek apparently... So I'm an european at heart... Then again, didn't we all come from Europe? ARMADA MY BROTHER!

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
I was gonna answer it, but I was busy all day. Now I know how it feels to have something to do.

And what class do you take for that animation stuff? I need to get in on that. Next year I'm taking the class that I'm pretty sure does the photoshop so I can texture hack and stuffs.

Lol, I'd just like to see if anyone could find my name. It appears in two places on the site addressing me, lets see if anyone can find it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, my last name is Murat, and middle name is Jean-Pierre. Can you guess where I'm from? XD

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Meh, my last name is Murat, and middle name is Jean-Pierre. Can you guess where I'm from? XD
I'm gonna guess France, since both "Jean-" and "Pierre" are both French names.

Lol, I was about to post "Ohio, a-durr"

So has anyone figured out my name yet? Something I've posted before would provide a great lead.

HINT: It had to do with Monster Hunter: Tri

Top Bottom