• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I just want to interrupt all discussions to announce that apparently it is now illegal to have a miscarriage in Utah.

Yeah, that's right. If you lose your baby in Utah, you're getting a fine/jail time added on to your tragic loss.

...Awww yeah!

Seriously Utah... WTF?!
I ****ing love America.

Edit-Bro, it's not as ******** as you make it out to be. Dangerous, yes, but this is like, targeting women who do stupid **** or try to have an illegal abortion. Still a ****ed up bill for a variety of reasons but it's not like you lose a baby totally on accident and you get charged.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I ****ing love America.

Edit-Bro, it's not as ******** as you make it out to be. Dangerous, yes, but this is like, targeting women who do stupid **** or try to have an illegal abortion. Still a ****ed up bill for a variety of reasons but it's not like you lose a baby totally on accident and you get charged.
Oh, my bad. My GF had just told me about it; I haven't actually looked at it yet. As Asdioh asked... Link?

Sooooo Kirby went down..... :/

And Toon Link went up because of it! :D *puts up mirror shield*

Radium88

Smash Lord
C tier?! Was Kirby in B before? Why does he keep dropping? (I knew he was in A a while ago...)

But woot for mid-tier events?

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Kirby is good where he is on the new list imo.

Also is the list still based on tournament performance or what? Some movements (I blame no rep) seem kinda odd to me.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I'm...so....sad.

Kirby is C tier??

I mean, I guess imo the tier list is pretty accurate (although Falco should move down a bit).

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby and ZSS, below Pit... What the hell is going on in the BBR! :mad:

I'd say TL is below Kirby and above ZSS, but that's just my own opinions, can't really make that call... Pit shouldn't be there though, ****it!

Awesome @ Chu walking his enemy to death, and up-angling his fsmash and almost killing that Falco at around 80% (without calculating the fsmash's damage).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, Pit really isn't that good, I think. TL is where he should be.

And he's C tier because Meta Knight is "S" tier.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Chu is awesome and stuff and pulls off crap that none of us could do, but there are definitely gaps in his knowledge that wouldn't be there if he checked the kirby boards. For instance, he momentum cancels with fair (bair is better) and seems oblivious to most of the follow-ups of fthrow->uair and dthrow->utilt, sticking mostly to one or two of the less-damaging ones (for instance, he usually does fair WoP or utilt after fthrow->uair, even after his opponents have adapted to it, and or not usmash after dthrow->utilt when it's obvious he can get away with it). I don't know if those are because of ignorance, or that he has preferences, or that he has habits, or a mixture of them.

He also seems not to use RC, PS1 and JJ (3 main Kirby CPs) as much as stuff like Delfino, but that could easily be personal preference.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm...so....sad.

Kirby is C tier??

I mean, I guess imo the tier list is pretty accurate (although Falco should move down a bit).
I'm looking at Zelda's position and wonder why the hell she got that low, but I guess your right about most characters.

Kirby and ZSS, below Pit... What the hell is going on in the BBR! :mad:

I'd say TL is below Kirby and above ZSS, but that's just my own opinions, can't really make that call... Pit shouldn't be there though, ****it!
I'm not sure how high Pit's metagame is compare to ZSS, Kirby, or Toon Link's, but I'll say this, he is underused so he might pull out a better competition than we can say. I also agree with your option, though I can't say much for or about Pit.

Yes Metaknight, that sure is bull****.

Just because Pit can plank he is good while his tournament results are worse than those of luigi?

THIS IS BULL****!
Pit's really underestimated by a lot of people. But a lot of people would know when they see some Japanese players play him. How Luigi got lower I'll never know. O_o

All tier list discussions should got to our tier list thread to make another thread useful:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214490

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Sorry Viper, I didn't want to go looking for your pic, so I just made a screenshot of a low-quality video and re-did it.

In other news, even more snow here today, enough yesterday to get me a half-day, and to cancel school today. I'm sick of shoveling, though. A church message board on it's lawn even said "WHOEVER KEEPS PRAYING FOR SNOW, PLEASE STOP".

:090: Falcon LULZ :090:

~Shao~

Smash Ace
Falcon....PRAYER. BitF reference.

Boredom+Free time=

Even though it previews well in BrawlBox, I can't seem to get it to work in-game, the blue part for some reason comes off too bright, almost white :/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Does anyone have this awesome thing I have called google?

http://themoderatevoice.com/63961/utah-makes-miscarriage-and-illegal-abortion-a-crime/

One of the many links I went through.
I'm a busy man, I don't want to go through many links. Thank you.

Well, if you remove meta knight, then bump all the list names up by 1 (A=S;B=A;C=B) then the list makes more sense. Kirby is NOT legit C-Tier
Meh, it doesn't seem that far off if you look at the characters above him. Other than maybe ROB, it seems plausible. I maintain that the gap between most characters is much less than people once thought, and as a result, it's hard to determine some placements in tiers.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnkokuSmash#p/u/125/XI2rJmOauek new chu vids, and a lot of them, which is nice.

Also I don't know about you guys, but I'd like a low tier kirby.

We should stop repping him entirely and wait for him to drop =D
Like Shiek almost has...? Seriously, E-tier shiek? Really?

Who reps pit?
For one, Koolaid. I know there are more, but he seems to be one of the more effective ones.

Actually, my bad, I checked my post on the list's thread (used the "This is BULL-SH*T" pic), and apparently, there is no ban on planking, so Pit and Jiggs got moved up because they can plank well. Don't most tourneys ban it anyway?

Also, I believe the chudat hype now.
That's not why they went up. They've both been getting repped...
Hell, a Puff got 17th at Pound.

IMO this one is more correct when it comes to the higher tiers, but bottom of mid and low tiers seem ****ed up. I mean, Falcon higher than Puff? Shiek in the same tier as Bowser? Peach and Weegee in the same tier as Fox and Wolf?

EDIT:

@Falcon, wow... it's still about as bad. I thought you'd just be fined or something, but nope... Fell down the stairs? Got into a car accident? Boyfriend beat you? Well, congratulations, you just got an attempted murder charge!

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
Falcon....PRAYER. BitF reference.

Boredom+Free time=

Even though it previews well in BrawlBox, I can't seem to get it to work in-game, the blue part for some reason comes off too bright, almost white :/
Wait, why's Kirby have 4 eyes?

EDIT: Crap, double post... Can't they make some program that merges posts together or something?

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
:evil: Only the lurkers know of it... :evil:
Your bad at lurking. Lurkers NEVER or rarely post.
It takes years of painful training master the art of lurking. You are merely just small fry. Your are weak. A defenseless fool. You have much to learn. TOO MUCH TO LEARN. You must train. Or you can be laughed at by the others lurkers. Your foolish attempts at lurking disgusts me.

And no such thing as a club for lurkers. We a secret organization that has no meetings or discussion. Or members.

u failz at teh lurkin skillz

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm too lazy to quote stuff but as for the tier list there should be a reformatting or another formula should be implemented. I have posted this in many areas of the forum and giving matchups a weight of 65% and tournament performance a weight of 35% would create a better more reliable tier list that wouln't be affected by over or under representation as much. This would also leave a solid base for movement that isnt so drastic and what not

As for Kirby he's fine where he is, a spot or two higher would still be accurate since Kirby isn't great but isn't bad.

Top Bottom