• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... Kewk, YbM, do either of you guys know any TL players going to Pound? I want to practice that MU Sat before getting into my pool. Apparently two of them play TL/MK, and I need to brush up on that MU.

EDIT: Sorry Asdioh, but I know I for one won't be there :(

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
^I'll give you whatever advice you want after our match. I play a couple good kirby mains out here, so if you want to play me first I can tell you what you did right/wrong etc.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
For the record...

The hitbubble info in Kirby's dashgrab is precise 100%. Kirby DOES have a small grabbox behind him, which he uses when he's pushing past people while attempting to dashgrab. I do it all the time, but didn't know it was because of an extra grabbox behind Kirby! :D

And his dsmash DOES have a hitbox on top of him... I don't know why it doesn't show, but I used it today a lot in lots of team battles... Kirby's dsmash is gold when fighting multiple enemies, and it kills really **** good.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
^I'll give you whatever advice you want after our match. I play a couple good kirby mains out here, so if you want to play me first I can tell you what you did right/wrong etc.
Awesome, sounds good. Thank you very much.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Every one of the Kirby players that's going to Pound will be fantastic. <3 You have the entire boards rooting for you. :D
Which is like 5 people =D

Also will there be more than one round of pools for brawl? I know that Melee has several rounds of poules only to end in a 32 man bracket or something.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
ahhhh I'm understanding seeds more and more now...

So, people undefeated in 1st pool go 1st seed, undefeated in pool 2 get second seed, and undefeated in pool 3 get 3rd seed or something? I have no idea how pools work, all I know is you gotta win a lot.

~Shao~

Smash Ace
ahhhh I'm understanding seeds more and more now...

So, people undefeated in 1st pool go 1st seed, undefeated in pool 2 get second seed, and undefeated in pool 3 get 3rd seed or something? I have no idea how pools work, all I know is you gotta win a lot.
Not quite...the person with the best results in the pool gets 1st seed, the person with the second best results get 2nd seed...you see where I'm going, best 3 advance. I'm not sure how pool 2 and pool 3 will work. It's something along the lines of two 1st seeds, two 2nd seeds and two 3rd seeds from pool 1/pool 2 for pool 2/pool 3.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Fromundaman, just keep your head cool and keep an eye out on what they do. Everyone has patterns, even small 2-hit patterns can help you out. If you get close to TL and he starts zairing, then he's probably gonna zair you everytime you're at that same distance. Same goes for Marth... And also keep an eye out on their attacks, don't momentum cancel unless you're sure you're gonna get knocked away far from any follow-ups, otherwise airdodge everything (lots of "Brawl combos" can be airdodged out of)... And see if you can find out their hitboxes' sizes and how fast their aerial/ground movements are, so that you know where their maximum ranges are and can retaliate properly. Also, learn to time your attacks and not buffer everything so that you can take advantage of Brawl's minimal hitstun to keep them in your combos longer, as well as learn how the hitstun works and when can they attack/airdodge through your attacks. And lastly, remember that unless your opponent is a Snake holding a grenade, they have landing lag that can be punished with long-lasting hitboxes, and if they attack while landing anywhere near you, shieldgrabs should ALWAYS be your first priority, even if the opponent is at 200% (uthrow kills too, so save it for killing), and don't look for an opportunity to fsmash/bair an opponent unless you're sure it will kill.

And against both of them, try to not get any stages with platforms. Marth under a platform isn't fun so make sure you take him to stages like FD or Rainbow Cruise, but TL is just "OK" with platforms so go to your best stages.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, I've read through the first MU thread, and very little of what is said in there actually relates to how to play the MU, and more of it is arguing about the numbers.

Thanks Kewk. Snake holding a grenade has no lag though? I thought all landings had 2 frames of landing lag.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
@ fromundaman - remember, Marth is terrible off stage. His recovery isn't the best. The best way to fight him is to get in close. If you don't push and grab a lot then it will be difficult cause he's got the range to keep you away.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Yep, snake has 0 frames of landing lag if he lands while holding a grenade. If he pulls one out before landing on his own claymore (dsmash), he lands and powershields the explosion! How ******** is that?

I can't find the video, but you can try it yourself. Set a claymore on the floor anywhere, jump over it, pull out a grenade, and land while holding a shield button... Then land without a grenade while holding a shield button.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Asdioh, friendlies if i end up going? (=.
Of course!

And against both of them, try to not get any stages with platforms. Marth under a platform isn't fun so make sure you take him to stages like FD or Rainbow Cruise, but TL is just "OK" with platforms so go to your best stages.
This can go both ways. Kirby under a platform isn't fun either. Especially since Marth has terrible "my opponent is below me" options.

Dunno what to say about your TL opponent...they're all at different levels of skill and knowledge. For example, when I play friendlies with sasukebowser on wifi, I know that he knows he can Dair me out of Inhale->Copy, so I try to outpredict him and throw in a hopefully unpredictable Starshot, so he will Dair into the ground and I can punish. Sometimes, if I Inhale him near a ledge, I'll turn toward the ledge and pretend I'm going to Starshot, hoping he'll Dair, but instead I'll Copy his power so now I have a projectile to help against him. In that situation, he has more to risk (dair offstage lolol) and I just have the risk of getting hit by Dair... not a big deal unless I'm at like 160% or whatever Dair kills at.

So yeah, take the TL's power if you can. Try practicing with his arrows. Kirby can't do short hop double arrows like TL can, but he can Short Hop Bair Arrow Cancel, which is useful for canceling out his arrows/boomerangs and countering with your own.

Watch how the TL recovers. He has a number of different options in recovering, but if he does it predictably, you can gimp him pretty easily. Watch out for bomb planking, where they drop from the ledge, pull out a bomb and throw it up before Up B-ing back to the stage. You can probably edgehog that if they get too predictable.

Most TLs I play are on wifi, but offline his projectiles are much less of a pain. You can beat arrows and boomerangs with Bair, and possibly Fair, so those aren't too big of a deal. If you're brave you can try aircatching his bombs. That would help a lot.

Just play smart, as usual. And don't get hit.

Good luck!
his own claymore (downB),.
dsmash*

Shuzaku

Smash Apprentice
for marths, bair him between his fair spam.

watch out for your rolls, because marths will usually punish with dancing blade. If the marth doesnt, the matchup is in kirbys favor.

study how the marth recovers cause most likely he will do it again, and we can take advantage of it

its true that we're most effective up close but its stupid to rush in like that. be patient, be passive, look for those openings and you will do well. If kirby cant play by his own pace then theres little to no hope.

Be confident, Be smart, Believe and you can do anything

/cheesy peptalk

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Remember when I ran the matchup thread (I sort of forgot, too...)? Well, I apparently did a marth matchup summary a while ago.

Overview:
Marth and his beastly sword join the Brawl! With long sword reach, quick attack speed and tippers to be feared, he is quite a force to be reckoned with. His hobbies include ****** poor little marshmallows.

Kirby’s Pros+Cons:
+Good air, great grab game
+Great gimping ability
+Small, so Marth has a hard time landing tippers
+Five jumps, which allows him to air camp and wait until the opponent makes a mistake and punish
+Good recovery
+Good ground and bait 'n' punish game
+Good OoS options (f-tilt, u-tilt, b-air, f-air)
+Small, making it more difficult to land a tipper on him

–Lightweight, which means tipper smashes are lethal
–Predictable recovery, meaning Kirby can be edgehogged/spiked
–Smashes are really punishable if missed
–Unreliable projectile and special moves
–Slow aerial mobility
–Lack of approaching options

Marth’s Pros+Cons:
+Great aerial and ground game
+Great range and zoning/spacing
+Awesome punishing moves (dancing blade and up-b OoS)
+Great frame trap (d-tilt)
+Racks damage really fast
+Good aerial and ground mobility

–Light, especially for his size
–No projectile
–Predictable recovery
–Almost no horizontal recovery
–Relies heavily on spacing/zoning
–Lack of killpower, except on tippered attacks

Watch out for:
UpB – Dolphin Slash is a good vertical recovery move with large knockback at the beginning, comes out on frame 6 and has invincibility frames 1-5 and can be used to interrupt almost anything. It can interrupt jab, dash attack and fthrow->uair.

Ftilt – Ftilt counters all of our aerial approaches except spaced bairs or a final cutter (and why you would use a final cutter to approach is beyond me). Space bairs until his shield gets too low to take it anymore or aircamp and wait for him to make a mistake.

Fair – Fair is the staple of Marth’s air game. He can perform 2 in one short hop, and being hit by one usually means another fair or a dancing blade.

Nair – Nair is also a very good aerial of Marth’s. Watch out for its long range. Marths generally use it to space.

Dancing Blade – A four-hit move with 18 possible combinations. The first hit comes out frame 4. It can be used as a KO move, damage racker, punisher and to hurt shields. It also counts as 4 separate moves, refreshing 4 of his other moves. It’s possible to land a shieldgrab after the first move if you’re positioned properly and react fast enough.

Fthrow->Fsmash – A true combo, and, unfortunately for Kirby, he doesn’t require anything special (like a stutter step) in order to have it pulled off on him. It will put ~25% on you, so be wary of grabs at 0-3%.

How to win:
Grab – Grabs are good. Grabs are your friends. DO NOT fthrow->uair (you can be DS’d out of it), but use dthrow. Marth is likely to attack you after a dthrow, so shield and be shieldgrab after one. Any other throw is pretty much useless, except uthrow for (rare) kills.

Ftilt – Marth outranges you. Make that advantage smaller with a quick, far-reaching attack. Fact: Ftilt reaches farther horizontally than any of Kirby’s ground moves except the infinite part of jab (which can be punished with marth’s upb), fsmash and final cutter, the latter 2 of which are highly punishable if wiffed.

Get Inside – It’s difficult to get inside, but the reward is great if you do. Pummel him with attacks and hopefully launch him up or offstage, where he has difficulty combatting Kirby.

Get Him in the Air – His aerials have more range, but our air game is better. His fair just outranges our bair. Ideally, you should be a little underneath him (so uair, fair and bair can all hit). NEVER be above him because of his great juggle traps and our almost-useless dair.

**** Him Offstage – Marth has a bad recovery. You are Kirby. Try to get them to waste a second jump gimp them. Good marths will recover low, and a stone here can throw them off-guard if they’re near the stage. Even if he gets back onstage, you probably just dealt him a bunch of damage.

Recover Properly – Watch out for tippered fairs and bairs offstage; they will kill you at surprisingly low %’s. Don’t recover low, you’re just asking for a dair spike. Kirbycides are risky because of the startup and lack of range compared to Marth’s moves. He can hassle you on the ledge.

Spit out or Swallow?
It’s really up to you. Shield breaker is a good attack and can propel Kirby horizontally through the air when fully charged (though Kirby probably wouldn’t need that boost). The range on his shield breaker is either the same as Marth’s or a bit smaller. The tricky part is landing the inhale, and for that reason, you shouldn’t really be trying to get the power that much. You’ll be ahead in % but on the same stock as Marth most of the time if you’re playing well, and so an inhale would probably be best served as a Kirbycide if and when you land it. Neither is that much better than the other; it’s really your choice.

What NOT to do:
Immediately Approach Him – Your only real approach is running shield, and most marths are aggressive. Wait for him to approach. It’ll probably happen. It’ll also probably be from the air, but dancing blade is a good approach from the ground.

Approach Him From the Air – A good Marth won’t be rushing in, he’ll be keeping you at sword’s length and playing defensively. Forcing you to approach. Don’t approach from the air, as all your approaches are countered by his (somewhat slow and laggy) ftilt, except final cutter, which should NEVER be used as an approach move. Your best approach is quite honestly running shield.

Stone – While stone is rarely useful, it can be used in almost any matchup in some situation. It’s bad idea against Marth unless he’s commited himself to something laggy when you’re reasonably high above him. A DS will be coming your way if you use it.

Choose Platform-Heavy Stages – Stages that have tons of platforms are usually more helpful to Marth than Kirby (though this isn’t always true with “less tame” counterpicks, like Rainbow Cruise).

Stages (in order of priority):
Rainbow Cruise – A good Kirby stage and parts of it mess with some aspects of Marth’s game. If the marth doesn’t ban it, CP it please.
Jungle Japes – A good Kirby stage (albeit not quite as good as RC) and a bad marth stage (albeit not quite as bad as RC). If RC is banned, go here.
Delfino Plaza – You can abuse this stage better than Marth can, and sharking is effective as well (but watch out for that dair).
Pokemon Stadium 1– PS1 is a very good Kirby stage. It’s not the best CP, but it’s good.

Halberd – Low ceiling and far walls, what Marth likes and what Kirby hates. Try to stay away from it.
Lylat Cruise – Similar to Battlefield, except that the tilting stage may gimp him. Not a good idea to take him here.
Battlefield – No. Battlefield is an awesome Marth stage. No. Ban it.

Neutrals: Ranked and Explained

Key:
Good, Bad.

Final Destination – You have no real advantages vs Marth on the neutrals, but FD gives you the fewest disadvantages. He can also get caught under the lip of the stage.
Smashville – Similar to FD, except for the smaller stage size, lack of a lip, and moving platform. None of those really affect how you play on the stage compared to FD vs Marth.
Yoshi’s Island – Kirby is good on this stage and Marth isn’t bad, but isn’t great. Your and sometimes the Marth’s opinion will say something else about YI, in which case you may not want to choose it.

Battlefield – The list of his advantages here is endless. Standing on one of the 2 lower platforms? Tippered fsmash. Platforms offer good approaches for him. Only thing going for you is uthrow kills on the top platform. Ban it.

Synopsis:
Marths are usually aggressive, and usually approach from the air. It’s difficult to get inside, but once you do, the reward is great. Marth is in for a world of pain if he’s offstage. If he shields an attack from you, expect to be upb’d. Go to RC, JJ, Delfino or PS1 for your CP. FD and YI are good neutrals, while BF and SV are bad neutrals. Ban battlefield. Overall, it will be a tough uphill battle for you.

Major Contributors: ~Shao~, Ladybug, Percon
I mentally said "that's what she said" on the "get inside" tip.

tl;dr version: If the marth is aggressive, then it's something like 55-45 them. If he's defensive, just button mash, you're screwed anyway. Never go to battlefield.

Edit: Fromundaman, are you related to this "Formundaman" character?

Brawl pools, Updated

These are final unless there is an extreme exception. Also, in the case that there is a no show for a pool, one of the 7 man pools players will transfer over to the missing spot

PM ME WITH QUESTIONS

Pool 20

Copacetic
Formundman
GDX
Havok
Izumi
Snapp

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I didn't even notice they mispelled my name. Ah well...

In any case, thanks all of you.

Strangely though, I don't think I'll CP any of those suggested stages against Marth if the one I want is legal (And no, I don't mean PTAD. I know that one is never legal XD ).

Did some TL practice with DTL on Wifi, so I'm feeling a lot more confident on that MU. Z-catching bombs on Wifi is hard though XD

Also, can we Omni-gay TL? The scenario rarely came up in my matches, but I tried it anyway every time and I wasn't sure if it doesn't work, or if I screwed up the timing.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Heh, I didn't even notice they mispelled my name. Ah well...

In any case, thanks all of you.

Strangely though, I don't think I'll CP any of those suggested stages against Marth if the one I want is legal (And no, I don't mean PTAD. I know that one is never legal XD ).

Did some TL practice with DTL on Wifi, so I'm feeling a lot more confident on that MU. Z-catching bombs on Wifi is hard though XD

Also, can we Omni-gay TL? The scenario rarely came up in my matches, but I tried it anyway every time and I wasn't sure if it doesn't work, or if I screwed up the timing.
I think I catch on to names being misspelled reflexively, as my first name is "Aryeh" and is almost always somehow spelled "Ayreh" on official stuff. Not to mention it ends up sounding like "Arr-ay-uh" when anyone says it (supposed to be "Arr-yay".) /semirant

Whenever I play TLs on wifi, I just bair the bombs and hope I catch them. xD

So, what is your CP against marth? If it's legal...hm...Hyrule Temple?

You can omnigay TL. It appears at the end of Katakiri's combo vid (don't ask me how I remember this stuff).

Good luck again to those competing in Pound 4!

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Hey kids, Falcon's gonna be lurkin' because he's thinkin' about coming back to play tourneys since he misses the few tourney friends he had. T.T

For anyone who cares, yes, I left, no, I do not plan on returning to troll you fools anytime soon, maybe later this year when I get all the rage out of my system.

kthnxbai

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey kids, Falcon's gonna be lurkin' because he's thinkin' about coming back to play tourneys since he misses the few tourney friends he had. T.T

For anyone who cares, yes, I left, no, I do not plan on returning to troll you fools anytime soon, maybe later this year when I get all the rage out of my system.

kthnxbai
Sounds cool.

A1lion835

Smash Champion

kthnxbai
Hey look! It's falcon! OMG

Um...hi.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman

kthnxbai
Awesome brah.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm suprise Nintendo didn't say, "we're not making Kirby Wii" already, it's been six years. ._.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm suprise Nintendo didn't say, "we're not making Kirby Wii" already, it's been six years. ._.
Just you wait...

The saga continues: "Duke Nukem Forever 2: Kirby Wii" will be released soon!

~Shao~

Smash Ace
When Marth is zoning with sh double f-air wall, you can roll towards him in between the first and second f-air and u-tilt like @3:06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vmZ_LUiKic. You can also b-air or f-air OoS if the f-air hits your shield, possibly f-tilt too.

You can SDI to avoid the last hit of the neutral combination dancing blade, just hold away when you get hit by the first hit. Then you can punish with a f-tilt or something. And if he finishes the DB on your shield, you can aways punish.

Watch out while recovering, because Marth can harass our recovery pretty well, because his attacks are very fast and they can kill you relatively early when off-stage.

When going off-stage against him, try to force him into using his 2nd jump. Even if he makes back to the stage, it's more % to him. Just be careful when going for a gimp/edguard/edgehog, up-b is fast as **** and has invincible frames 1-5.

Avoid staying directly above him, getting juggle trap'd is never fun, and his unstale u-air kill pretty early if you aren't close to ground. If you hit him with a d-air, follow up with f-tilt, because he can up-b if you try to grab.

To approach/pressure his shield, mix up SH b-airs and FH b-airs, and the occasional f-air. If he's spotdodge happy, dash attack, f-air, d-air and jab. Also, running shield grab to d-throw strings.

U-tilt and u-air juggles, don't be afraid to pursuit him from underneath, he can only d-air, airdodge or counter. Bait airdodges and counters, and his d-air has massive lag.

Space as perfectly as possible. His up-b OoS is a pain in the ***. Everything he does is a pain in the *** actually.

DON'T SPAM USE INHALE AT ALL (only if you're at high %s). DON'T SPAM F-SMASH. SPAM B-AIR! D-THROW <3. U-TILT <3. DON'T USE STONE OTHER THAN TO EDGEGUARD.

NEVER APPROACH UNLESS YOU HAVE TO, let him do all the approaching.

Oh, and avoid rolling at all costs, especially towards him. It's asking to get *****. Also don't spotdodge much, dancing blade/d-tilt ***** both.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
♣ Voted for Kirby as well. I didn't know so many people like Lucaro, I thought Captain Falcon would be the most voted. ;p ♥
Lol naw, the Lucario boards just got a head start... If people vote with the goal of beating the Lucario boards' 19 votes, we'll see a change in the lead, I assure you!

... And I want the character to be Kirby. :mad:

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Yo Shao, 1 really important point from what I saw from the vid is the he baited all your ledgehop fairs, which you kept on doing, and punished them with dolphin slash. At that point you should really start mixing up your ledge moves so that pattern that they thought you had becomes a mindgame in your favor. You could've just use normal getup to shield the dolphin slash and ground hammer him to the face.

Don't know if you picked that up at a later point but I was just judging by the vid.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I think I catch on to names being misspelled reflexively, as my first name is "Aryeh" and is almost always somehow spelled "Ayreh" on official stuff. Not to mention it ends up sounding like "Arr-ay-uh" when anyone says it (supposed to be "Arr-yay".) /semirant

Whenever I play TLs on wifi, I just bair the bombs and hope I catch them. xD

So, what is your CP against marth? If it's legal...hm...Hyrule Temple?

You can omnigay TL. It appears at the end of Katakiri's combo vid (don't ask me how I remember this stuff).

Good luck again to those competing in Pound 4!
Hmmm... I wasn't going to say it, but it turns out Pictochat isn't a legal stage. Neither is JJ (though that makes sense). Ah well... I have a few other CPs in mind anyway.

Aside from being the #4 SoCal powe ranker, avok knows the Kirby MU really well from playing against mogX, fallen and this guy *points at self*

just keep your cool and be patient.
Well FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..............

What stages do you guys usually CP him to? (AKA where is he used to fighting Kirby?)

When Marth is zoning with sh double f-air wall, you can roll towards him in between the first and second f-air and u-tilt like @3:06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vmZ_LUiKic. You can also b-air or f-air OoS if the f-air hits your shield, possibly f-tilt too.

You can SDI to avoid the last hit of the neutral combination dancing blade, just hold away when you get hit by the first hit. Then you can punish with a f-tilt or something. And if he finishes the DB on your shield, you can aways punish.

Watch out while recovering, because Marth can harass our recovery pretty well, because his attacks are very fast and they can kill you relatively early when off-stage.

When going off-stage against him, try to force him into using his 2nd jump. Even if he makes back to the stage, it's more % to him. Just be careful when going for a gimp/edguard/edgehog, up-b is fast as **** and has invincible frames 1-5.

Avoid staying directly above him, getting juggle trap'd is never fun, and his unstale u-air kill pretty early if you aren't close to ground. If you hit him with a d-air, follow up with f-tilt, because he can up-b if you try to grab.

To approach/pressure his shield, mix up SH b-airs and FH b-airs, and the occasional f-air. If he's spotdodge happy, dash attack, f-air, d-air and jab. Also, running shield grab to d-throw strings.

U-tilt and u-air juggles, don't be afraid to pursuit him from underneath, he can only d-air, airdodge or counter. Bait airdodges and counters, and his d-air has massive lag.

Space as perfectly as possible. His up-b OoS is a pain in the ***. Everything he does is a pain in the *** actually.

DON'T SPAM USE INHALE AT ALL (only if you're at high %s). DON'T SPAM F-SMASH. SPAM B-AIR! D-THROW <3. U-TILT <3. DON'T USE STONE OTHER THAN TO EDGEGUARD.

NEVER APPROACH UNLESS YOU HAVE TO, let him do all the approaching.

Oh, and avoid rolling at all costs, especially towards him. It's asking to get *****. Also don't spotdodge much, dancing blade/d-tilt ***** both.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I got a game off his Marth on Pictochat at CVXXX. Fallen ussually goes DDD on Smashville if he lost game1 with Kirby. mogX takes him to battlefield or SV.

TaterSalad0811

Smash Lord
Doing flying chaingrabs across southeast PA
So uh, generally speaking, the universal f-throw combo (f-throw>u-air>grab>improvise) and the variant (f-throw>u-air>turn>u-tilt>B-air>b-air/f-tilt) is by far one of the best ways to start a stock as Kirby, assuming you can get grab, but which ones are best used when? Obviously, the latter is intended for floatier characters, like Olimar and Lucario, but is there some sort of list that helps sort this out? I always am getting punished by Marths (which after reading the match-up, I use the f-throw as a mindgame to put him in the helpless stare, lol), not to mention EVERYBODY ON THIS FRIGGIN' SITE, so can you give a fellow marshmallow a leg up here?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, it's always good against people who don't DI it, or who have attacks with startup invincibility, or a sex kick. Doing a Fthrow combo against Marth will get you dolphin slashed, though you can bait the dolphin slash, DI away and punish.

Automatic... MogX takes his MARTH to BF?! Wow... the man must have steel testicles. That being said, that sounds good to me. Picto isn't legal, and it leaves all my other CPs open.

Top Bottom