• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

H

Hiltsdf

I live right across the river from louisville, so i'd easily be able to make it to a tournament. There's also about 5 or 6 others near me that'd come too. email me if anything goes on (gerbiluvdoom@aol.com)

Sliq

Smash Master
Anybody in Lexington want to play Mon-Fri after 5 P.M.?

On the weekends I go back to Cincinnati, and I work Mon-Fri, but I can play anytime after I get off work. My apartment:

Apt. 1609
3200 Todds Road
Lexington, KY

Sliq

Smash Master
Hey I'm new to the "scene" and spend the school year in Nashville, but during the summer and some weekends I'm back in Bowling Green.

I'm just starting summer this week.

AIM: Synn213
Why would you post in the KENTUCKY thread if you live in Nashville, TN?

Kel

Smash Master
Because he is also lives in BOWLING GREEN. Why do YOU post here when you go to school in Cincinnati?

Learn some geography, NOOB!

Sliq

Smash Master
Because he is also lives in BOWLING GREEN. Why do YOU post here when you go to school in Cincinnati?

Learn some geography, NOOB!
I didn't read the part where he said "I'm starting summer this week," which I hold is a peculiar statement to make. I'm starting summer when it starts, so you can't blame me for thinking that he won't be home for several MONTHS.

And "on some weekends" is so ambiguos that if he wants to play, he's going to have to let us know which weekends that he wants to play.

I post here because I'm in KY EVERYDAY except weekends.

Sorry to the newbie that posted. Also, Why do YOU post here when you don't even live in Kentucky (to Kel)? Stop shadowing me.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
kentucky is dead.

nobody wants to play anymore... jiano lives 10 minutes from me and he wont come play when i call him. we can do smashfests at UofL whenever we want...

Sethwick

Smash Rookie
I didn't read the part where he said "I'm starting summer this week," which I hold is a peculiar statement to make. I'm starting summer when it starts, so you can't blame me for thinking that he won't be home for several MONTHS.
Starting Summer = Starting Summer Break. Vanderbilt gets out early, which rock except we also go back earlier.
And "on some weekends" is so ambiguos that if he wants to play, he's going to have to let us know which weekends that he wants to play.
****, sorry. Didn't know I should give a schedule. Just saying that I'm here.
I post here because I'm in KY EVERYDAY except weekends.

Sorry to the newbie that posted. Also, Why do YOU post here when you don't even live in Kentucky (to Kel)? Stop shadowing me.
Sorry I was unclear.

Sliq

Smash Master
Starting Summer = Starting Summer Break. Vanderbilt gets out early, which rock except we also go back earlier.

****, sorry. Didn't know I should give a schedule. Just saying that I'm here.

Sorry I was unclear.
Sorry! I wasn't yelling at you, I was yelling at Kel, my roommate. But it was less yelling and more me harassing him, because that is how I roll. There aren't a lot of KY smashers, and there definitely not a lot in southern KY. Sorry. -_-;;;;

Sethwick

Smash Rookie
Sorry! I wasn't yelling at you, I was yelling at Kel, my roommate. But it was less yelling and more me harassing him, because that is how I roll. There aren't a lot of KY smashers, and there definitely not a lot in southern KY. Sorry. -_-;;;;
It's fine. Sometimes hard to tell what people mean through the text.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ya know, if KY released a horde of zombies in a few strategic states, KY's population could rise quickly, and at least 1% of the newcomers would be playing smash.

It's a plan.

TSG

Smash Rookie
My name is Tyler Gardner, 16, and I live in Muhlenberg County, Kentucky. I have a few friends who might be able to make it to a few tourneys but I'm not sure on how far they'll travel. We're all about 2+ hours away from Louisville. The closest player on here would be the guy thats from Bowlingreen, which is about 40 minutes away from where I live. If anyone has any questions you can contact me through AIM: TSGistheMAN.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Hey 2 smashers from Henry Clay High School in Lexington (probly the 2 best b/c we 're like the only ones that kno the advanced MLG stuff, yet we have no one to work on it with so we're having a hard time using it in actual matches...)

Airborne-bfafinalfantasy9 on AIM
penguingod699 on Yahoo
Trumpet-Playing Penguin on Myspace (bentotheadams on IM)

Jawsh! (might've made a diff. name on the forums...)-boneless_zombie on Yahoo
JAWSH! on Myspace (t3hcia on IM)

I'm a Falco and Jawsh is a Ganondorf

Jawsh!

Smash Cadet
Yeah man, I'm Jawsh! I'm ready to smash some peeps, so bring it!!!1!!!
Jk. But still, we need some ppl with skillz, cause we dominate everyone else in ze Lexington.
We could use a challenge.

wangston

Smash Lord
I just moved to Louisville. Well actaully La Grange but its 10 minutes from Lousville and I would be willing to go to any smash fest around here or any tournies.

mathos

Smash Champion
Ya know, if KY released a horde of zombies in a few strategic states, KY's population could rise quickly, and at least 1% of the newcomers would be playing smash.

It's a plan.
Would it be blood thirsty zombies or brain eating zombies?

Jawsh!

Smash Cadet
I just moved to Louisville. Well actaully La Grange but its 10 minutes from Lousville and I would be willing to go to any smash fest around here or any tournies.

I'm pretty sure if a tournament went down in Louisville, most all of us could make it, especially during the summer like this. We should start a petition.

Protoguy

Smash Cadet
absolutely nothing... this thread is dead.
*does CPR on thread*

I herald from Florence, Kentucky, and I really want to play more smashers and try my hand at the small-time tourney scene.

Does Kentucky even have tournements?...>_>

suuuper

Smash Rookie
if anyone wants to play within 30 miles of lexington, just let me know. i have myself and a friend who would love to play. can also make louisville smashfests. <3

Blazer

Smash Ace
I'm surprised there's any smashers left here. I thought everyone had moved on...Ashland Kentucky BTW.

Protoguy

Smash Cadet
Well I just came here so I don't want to leave yet...

I've just been noticing more and more that I'm not very good, yet I can own my friends...

You know how you abuse the CPU by finding things it will do consistently and taking advantage of it? Well thats whats happenning with my friends...

One of my friends is a Fox player (I am a Marth), and I can just stand near the edge, shield grab->b-throw->f-smash->edgeguard...

I need to face better people and this is my best chance of finding them...

Black Døve

Smash Rookie
i live just across the river from louisville, so if a tourny were to start i'd easily be able to make it. It...actually seems like there'd be enough kentucky people for a tournament, if we could just get one organized

Protoguy

Smash Cadet
I think I could make a Louisville/central Kentucky tourny...

North is better, but I still think I could make it.

I would get owned horribly, but thats how you get better right?...

megaomega

Smash Rookie
Hey me to I live in Louisville and I would play in a tourny also it's just I'm 13 everyone here seems pretty old is there a age limit?

Paixy

Smash Journeyman
yo guys, I currently live in Georgetown KY.

Soul Calibur 3 failed for me(and the SC community in general) as a tourney game. Been sitting on thristing for competition in ANYTHING since like, late 05. so I decided to hit up Smashboards(again) and get back to playing Smash. Most likely WON'T hear much out of me until after SSBB is released. Quite a relief that KY has Smash players.(compared to searching for or creating a SC scene...*sad faces much*)

Reason why I say you won't hear much out me for a bit, simple. No car, yet. (gotz the license just no car)

Im posting to show you guys that I exist and I actively play(AGAIN!), lawl.

(PS: I go by Rekano on numberous other fighting game site)

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
OMG!!! LIKE SERIOUSLY!!!!!

a smashfest is actually going down. thats right peoplez... smasfest at Powda's Saturday, July 28 (u gotta love the short notice).

bring ur controller, bring ur alcohol, bring ... i dunno, i guess thats it.

im NOT posting my address, you have to CALL me if you want to come:
502/594-0406

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
yea... nobody came to the smashfest =/

u all missed out, we got crunked and played ninja gaiden and marble madness on the NES.

so... i guess we are gonna try and have a real smashfest before the summer is over. my first day of class is Aug 20, so we should do it before then.

Sliq

Smash Master
Mah bad. I was going to go, but Kel didn't come home, I couldn't get ahold of Ameer, and I didn't want to go to this by myself; it would seem sort of pointless (I did homework instead, what a chump amirite?).

Taws

Smash Rookie
MARBLE MADNESS!? Man. I DID miss out. That game is freakin' awesome.

Hey there guys, I have come to join the ranks of the Louisville, Kentucky (and nearby areas) smashers. I bring with me a couple of other guys too. Hopefully I can help expand our numbers considerably, since I have been playing this game and seeking out challengers for a few years.

As long as this tourney or smashfest stays in Kentucky, I swear upon my honor that I will attend it. I will personally come pick people up if I have to just so we have enough people, if necessary. It's been so long since I have gotten the crap beaten out of me by someone better, I don't even know whether or not I'm any good anymore. I have no drive to improve whatsoever. I have literally sunken to training other gamers from the ground up just so I can have some competition, and they all suck except for a select few who I rarely get to play against (and even then, I always win.) It's horrible.

Top Bottom