• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
From the looks of it there seems to be a decent number of smashers in/around louisville. Too bad nothing is ever held here.. =/

CR4SH

Smash Lord
taking all comers

Hey I'm colligan from louisville kentucky.

I main luigi, i like the pokemon trainer and fox. Since I dont have a wii of my own I tend to play at w00tz, a lan center on lyndon. I'm there all the time, so if you want a match, show up and throw down.

yo.

SD14

Smash Cadet
finally found the kentucky thread !!!!!!
anyway i am in lexington and there are about 6 of use that live close to each other so we play alot just aim me if any of you all want to play i am usually on from like 8 to 9 weeknights and weekends we play over at my friends house alot bigt720b and if anyone goes to HC aim me

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
I'll be there. Wangston has been posting on the w00tz forums trying to get the rules to something sane, and i'll try to help him. Mario (DraikRoan), you should post on the w00tz forums and help us change the crap rules too.

Dexidus

Smash Rookie
I am in Lexington, as well, looking for local tournaments are even just some friendly competition. AIM is Dexidus2006. Anyone know of any tourneys in the area?

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I'll be there. Wangston has been posting on the w00tz forums trying to get the rules to something sane, and i'll try to help him. Mario (DraikRoan), you should post on the w00tz forums and help us change the crap rules too.
I agree with you that the rules are crap, but do you really think we can get it changed? :p I mean, we're not the ones organizing it.

It's sad to say that after 1.5 years of almost no local smash tourney's that the newest one will be an all items, random stage FFA.

wangston

Smash Lord
Well I'm going to try to convince them, if I don't succeed thats okay. If we could find some venue that would hold smash tourneys that would be great. I think if we can get w00tz to change there rules and make it more competitive we could get a nice turn out they might have a monthly tournament. I have 4 friends that say the will go if I can get some of the stages banned and a few items turned off(if they aren't willing to have them all off) I always play smash with my friends at my place every other week, we usually have about 8 people in attendants.

Taso

Smash Apprentice
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170218

Northern KY weekly tournaments.

Good rules(to be edited into the thread soon, they just got a recent overhaul).
Good players
Lots of fun.

Held on the levee for those interested. Wednesdays 4:00-10:00, though the one tomorrow will be 5:30-10:00

wangston

Smash Lord
I will be at the tourney in w00tz. It's not as far as I thought it was going to be, it's right off of westport road. I'm also taking my friend and we are planning on sweeping the tourney. Everyone on the w00tz boards doesn't seem that good because they want all stages and items, must of the time people like that are mediocre at best. So we will see how it turns out.

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah that is Luke. He said he almost one with Sonic but the time limit ended. The 5 min. time limit was really dumb. So was the 5 stock match. I don't have the endurance for a 5 stock match. I gave up after you canceled the spike and then I took your 3rd stock shortly there after. I was like, screw this it's way to long. Which is why I picked jiggs the next match. I really didn't care I just wanted to go home and go sleep. I graduated on Saturday and had project graduation so I was going on 2 hours of sleep and I couldn't function any longer. If I was going to put up I fight I would have pulled at my alt but I knew I got second and I just wanted to leave. I was so tiered during the semis and the finals I really didn't even try. The guy in the semis almost won the second game but then I just stalled the clock and beat him in sudden death. Looking back I feel dumb for not trying but I was just way too tiered to care at the time. I could have assaulted you with jiggs rising pound but that would have taken too much effort because when I did try to do rising pound I just sang a song I had no control anymore.. When I got home I went to sleep form 7:00 untill 9:00 this morning.

wangston

Smash Lord
NOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I placed second again, but this time at the tournament at Something2Do. It was double elimination and I won every match so the guy had to beat me twice in the finals, and sure enough he did. He used Lucario and I used Falco. I had never played a Lucario before so I was lost and confused. Also they have the rules set to stay as one character the whole time or else I would have picked some on that can handle Lucario. Also I'm going to add the Something2Do tournament to this regions list, it is biweekly in Louisville KY. They have done 5 of them, today was the first one of theres I attended.

wangston

Smash Lord
I know there is way more people that play smash in KY especially in the Louisville area. Something2do has a biweekly http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176121 The last attendance was 14 I'm sure there are way more smashers then that in Louisville. At the w00tz tourney a week before that there were 35. So I'm trying to get the word out.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Anyone here live near Northern Kentucky University? I go back in August and will need more people to play.

Strate

Smash Rookie
I live in Louisville around Churchill downs, just graduated from UK though so I'll be in Lex most of the summer. I'd come back for a tourney though.

Dexidus

Smash Rookie
Yea, I'm in Lexington, as well. I would still consider coming to Louisville for a decent sized tourney, though. Dink's Cafe in Turfland Mall in Lexington has resumed having weekly tournaments on Sundays, too. This past Sunday the turn out was really small, but it was Father's Day, so that could have a lot to do with it. Anyone in the Lexington area should come out though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yea, I'm in Lexington, as well. I would still consider coming to Louisville for a decent sized tourney, though. Dink's Cafe in Turfland Mall in Lexington has resumed having weekly tournaments on Sundays, too. This past Sunday the turn out was really small, but it was Father's Day, so that could have a lot to do with it. Anyone in the Lexington area should come out though.
They started those again? Like, every Sunday?

Give specifics, man.

Dexidus

Smash Rookie
They started those again? Like, every Sunday?

Give specifics, man.
They said that they would be happening every Sunday for the rest of the summer from this point forward. A 2v2 tournament first, followed by 1v1. It is a 5 dollar fee for each tournament, but yes, in short.... they started them again. They might have more info on the website, but sometimes they slack.

www.dinkscafe.com

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
the DiNKS tourny wasn't bad. Suckily, I won't be able to attend the next one. I end up working a lot of sundays :(

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
So, I've recently discovered allisbrawl.com, and I really like the online ladder there. I've made a thread for louisville and the surrounding cities there, http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=16866

On this thread I'll make sure that any tournaments nearby are announced, and organize smashfests and stuff. Since this thread is getting a little dead, I'm mainly gonna be posting over there from now on.

wangston

Smash Lord
Jiano for some one who quite your still really good. I don't see how you could have caught on to Brawl that fast. Two weeks and to not have played it sense. It took me a month to get used to brawl. I guess Snake really is that good. Your'e just a god walking among mortals.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No, when you've been playing a game as complicated as Melee, and you switch to Brawl, it takes almost no time to figure out. No offense to the Brawl supporters but the game is pretty dull.
Come to a MWC and get 17th, kthxbai

wangston

Smash Lord
It is less complicated no doubt about it but the mechanics of the game are so much different, thats why it took me time to adjust. Jiano are you just good with snake or can you use other characters that well?

Top Bottom