• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you guys are willing to drive a little north, I'm going to have an apartment at NKU in two weeks, and it will be only 15 minutes away from Sliq/Kels, so there will more than likely be smashfests up towards cincy.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
If you guys are willing to drive a little north, I'm going to have an apartment at NKU in two weeks, and it will be only 15 minutes away from Sliq/Kels, so there will more than likely be smashfests up towards cincy.
That would be amazing if you could get Sliq/Kel(and anyone else from Cinci) to go. Seeing as it is still a short drive for them and shortens my drive by a decent amount.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That would be amazing if you could get Sliq/Kel(and anyone else from Cinci) to go. Seeing as it is still a short drive for them and shortens my drive by a decent amount.
to go to what? NKU?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I assumed you meant you can have smashfests. If not then never mind what I said.
I can. I just didn't know what location you were talking about >_>

They moved closer though... they live about 15 minutes away from NKU now, so your trip is going to be less regardless.

In The ZONE

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, im a Samus player from Bowling Green, hoping to get into some tournaments soon. Right now im stationed in Orlando, been playing some of the best down here, but im coming back August 24th to go to Western Kentucky University and I was wondering if there are any upcoming tournaments. My AIM is Azzabu, hit me up and give me some info please.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
JOHNS!!!!!!
sliq: kel and ameer werent going to louisville so i didnt go.

yea... u johnz.

anyhow... smashfest take 2 in louisville, KY sometime next week, probly Aug 16. Gorgopor is the contact for this... AIM is the best way to get him: Wizzipboum

EDIT:

SMASHFEST IS THURSDAY AUGUST 16th AT 5:00pm. BE THERE OR YOU SUCK! again, AIM gorgopor.

Sliq

Smash Master
sliq: kel and ameer werent going to louisville so i didnt go.

yea... u johnz.

anyhow... smashfest take 2 in louisville, KY sometime next week, probly Aug 16. Gorgopor is the contact for this... AIM is the best way to get him: Wizzipboum

EDIT:

SMASHFEST IS THURSDAY AUGUST 16th AT 5:00pm. BE THERE OR YOU SUCK! again, AIM gorgopor.
>= <

I AM NOT AMUSE WITH YOUR SHENANIGANS.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I'm currently looking for smashers in my area. I live within the Louisville, KY, shively area. PM me for more info, times we can meet or w/e lol! I just want to play. Also, will anymore smashfests occur in Louisville? I didn't know about the Aug. 16th one since I just joined this site today and would like to attend one.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Someone needs to hold a tourney in Louisville, KY again soon. I have like 9 players from Murray KY who would come! Maybe more :D

fdv_learn2mod

Smash Rookie
Someone needs to hold a tourney in Louisville, KY again soon. I have like 9 players from Murray KY who would come! Maybe more :D
Too bad I'm now the only serious player left. We have some other casuals, but not enough to have a tournament.

SADFACE :(

I currently just play the Cincinnati people, so if you want to go to a tournament, you might want to consider going there.

Sliq

Smash Master
Too bad I'm now the only serious player left. We have some other casuals, but not enough to have a tournament.

I currently just play the Cincinnati people, so if you want to go to a tournament, you might want to consider going there.
And by Cincinnati he means GUNPUNCH!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Yes. I'm going to Murray State University now. Theres actually a ton of decent smashers here, I was surprised. They don't get on smashboards though, and they all want to go to a tournament soon. If anyone is holding any tourneys in KY let me know! I may try to host one in Murray or something if theres not any other KY tourneys. Isn't Jiano from Louisville?? And that Donte(sp?) guy?

Powda193

Smash Journeyman

ROFL!!!!!
what happened to the daywalker?? a new name????

anyhow, hes right... louisville is all casual players... so there is no point in a tournament. on occasions we have smasfests, but no tournies. if you people who live around louisville want to play some friendlies, we would probably be good competition for you. so if u all want to play we can try and set something up.

Sliq

Smash Master
Hey guys I have a riddle for you. How many Jianos does it take to get banned.

Answer: Just one.

Sliq

Smash Master
How many controllers does it take to make a room full of smashers incredibly uncomfortable?

Answer: 1

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Yes. I'm going to Murray State University now. Theres actually a ton of decent smashers here, I was surprised. They don't get on smashboards though, and they all want to go to a tournament soon. If anyone is holding any tourneys in KY let me know! I may try to host one in Murray or something if theres not any other KY tourneys. Isn't Jiano from Louisville?? And that Donte(sp?) guy?
I'm also from Louisville as well. Like what the others said I doubt, anyone will host a tourney.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=114967

But I will hold a smashfest!

come on up

just make sure you post there if you will come so I have an idea of how many people will be coming.
we got a couple people in louisville willing to house a smashfest as well.
overswarm, how many setups do you have room for? how many people can comfortably sit around and play friendlies?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
we got a couple people in louisville willing to house a smashfest as well.
overswarm, how many setups do you have room for? how many people can comfortably sit around and play friendlies?
I'll show a video of my apartment later. I'm at work at the moment, but when I get back I'll record something and you can judge for yourself.

As for my judgement.....

We have one TV set up with a bunch of chairs around it, and we could easily move the chairs and set up another TV or two against the wall.

We also have a kitchen table that is pushed up against the wall that could be used for one or two setups.

To have smasher's seated comfortably, I'd say I could hold 4 setups without people being too cramped if I rearranged everything.

That's just counting the living room / kitchen hybrid though. If we needed to, we could move some smasher's to my room and have two more setups back there. That isn't what I'd want to do (smasher's being seperated is ew), but it is possible.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
added a video in the thread for the smashfest so oyu can see the inside, Powda.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
yea, thats not a bad place at all.

its probly a little smaller than the places we have smashfests here in louisville, but it looks like with the open kitchen area size wouldnt be a problem. well, im game to go if jiano is driving B)

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Louisville sucks, nothing happens here. (besides derby)

P.S

I can hold VERY small smash gatherings (2-3 People MAX) at my house weekly. I live in the Shively Area of Louisville, KY. I can host here on weekends or weekdays (unless something comes up). YOU MUST BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! No Smoking, No Drinking. PM me for more info.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm from Kentucky!

*thread cheers*

Paducah!

*thread is silent*
*Thinkaman lowers head and goes back to STL crew*

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Thinkaman, you are not terribly far from where I used to live: Vienna, IL. Also, I believe Zozefup lives in Murray which is not that far from Paducah either. I go to some local tourneys in Metropolis, IL once in awhile, which is nothing at all for you.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Paducah?!?! I drive through there like twice a week. Want to smash on thursday for a few hours? I'll be in Paducah around 6pm.

And their is a tournament in Carbondale Illinois on January 19th too that is close to you

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I knew about the one on the 19th, looking forward to it. But on Thursday I'm still in St. Louis, sorry.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Oh yea, I thought I saw you post in the St. Louis thread about it. It just confused me when you said you were from paducah, sorry :). So when are you coming back to Paducah?

We have Smashfest at Murray and 40+ people show up. I dunno why we never post here

Top Bottom